Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
The 3.0 edit is very well done 👍 I understand it has taken you ages to do it... Great work. Your 787B pics is one of my fav' of the poll, I especially love its beautiful toning :) Original and well executed close shot of this kart engine with a beautiful bokeh. I've already said I like very much your color choice for the 8C shot, I also like very much its composition. The Toyota 7 shot is simply pure beauty. I need to do a set with this car 👍 Then that Citroën GT shot is insane. The sense of speed, the work on light, the toning are on top 👍 👍 Love it ! And this last pocket tocket is as good as the previous ones, always a pleasure to see this collection growing :)

Each one of these pictures... Wow... Brilliant work, Nathan. :drool: 👍

And... Congrats! :)

Wow Nathan, I'm late but wow ! REally loving the foggy weather and the camera angles, number 12 kick ass 👍 efficient composition for sure. Excellent Ferrari racing edit :) Unusual and brilliant kart engine and this new pocket-rocket edit is so nice, cute and funny ;) Bravo bravo.
Wow, thanks Nenad and Herve! :)
The 3.0 edit is very well done 👍 I understand it has taken you ages to do it... Great work. Your 787B pics is one of my fav' of the poll, I especially love its beautiful toning :) Original and well executed close shot of this kart engine with a beautiful bokeh. I've already said I like very much your color choice for the 8C shot, I also like very much its composition. The Toyota 7 shot is simply pure beauty. I need to do a set with this car 👍 Then that Citroën GT shot is insane. The sense of speed, the work on light, the toning are on top 👍 👍 Love it ! And this last pocket tocket is as good as the previous ones, always a pleasure to see this collection growing :)
Thanks Jeremy, yes the 3.0 edit did take ages but hopefully was worth it. Glad you liked all the others too. :cheers:
Brilliant work, but it's nothing new :D
I love every single picture.

And congratulations!
Thank you Konrad, much appreciated. :)

Thought I'd have another attempt at a panorama seems I've been inspired lately by HaerBev and Kodje's awesome panoramas.

5422x923

and my 2.0 Edit entry for this week...

...which I just edited a little to make it fit in with the theme's story a little better.

enjoy :)

Last edited:
This is a really nice panorama Nathan, soft and efficient, nice to watch for sure. The second SLS is erasing the previous shot, yes this is beautiful, we can fell the giant lights. Bravo 👍

Last edited:
This is a really nice panorama Nathan, soft and efficient, nice to watch for sure. The second SLS is erasing the previous shot, yes this is beautiful, we can fell the giant lights. Bravo 👍

Hervé has said all, I totally agree with that. Thx for mentionning me as an inspiration. Your panorama is really superb with a beauitiful light and a wonderfull toning. And that second SLS shot is great !

Stunning panorama, Nathan - you should make those more often. ;)

I love the tones in the second SLS shot - they add so much to the atmosphere. 👍

Thank you Herve, I'm happy you like the panorama. :cheers: I had to work on the sky a lot as no matter what settings I tried when shooting, I always ended up with a distinct light source in each shot that translated into 3 light sources in the stitched image. I was happy with the final result though. :)
The Ruf pano and second SLS pic are awesome! Great stuff as usual. ;)
Thanks Nicolas. 👍
Oooo i love that Ruf pano Nathan. Nice work mate!
Cheers Lee - was worth the effort then. :)
Killer shots as usual Nato! I am really digging that toning in the second SLS. Good job :cheers:!
Many thanks - though I liked the first edit, I felt it was lacking something so I reedited it - happy you like it. :)
Like the pano alot Nathan - great job.
That's great, I'm glad you do - been meaning to do a twin RUF shot for ages and figured why not a panorama while I'm at it. :)
Hervé has said all, I totally agree with that. Thx for mentionning me as an inspiration. Your panorama is really superb with a beauitiful light and a wonderfull toning. And that second SLS shot is great !
Cheers Jeremy, seeing the great pano's you and Herve have been producing certainly influenced my desire to give it a go and I hope to keep producing some on a more regular basis - I just need to get better at taking the shots themselves - there's a lot more to consider when intending to make a panorama from the shots. :crazy:
Jaw dropping, Nathan!! Love the ship nestling in the left corner of the pano - super composition:drool:
:embarrassed: Thanks Eric - can't take much credit for the ship, to be honest I didn't really think too much at all about the overall composition or the background elements when I was taking the shots. I had taken the shot of the cars and then afterward decided to take an additional shot behind and ahead and see what happened. What happened was I got lucky and ended up with something workable. :D
Stunning panorama, Nathan - you should make those more often. ;)

I love the tones in the second SLS shot - they add so much to the atmosphere. 👍
Cheers Nenad, I will make more panoramas for sure. 👍
The original shot of the SLS actually had the earlier morning sky present but it was so badly banded and artifacted that I couldn't fix it without drastic measures that adversely affected the rest of the image so I just darkened it right out (first edit). I later decided it was too much of a night shot to fit the competitions theme story correctly so I attempted to reedit - happily it seems to have worked out for the better. :)

Well I couldn't enter my own theme for this week CCCL competition but I really wanted to produce a shot anyway as I love this car (but hate the fact it's a standard and a pretty bad one at that!). So...

Su Su Supa Supra

What an incredible work you brought out in the photo, I really adore the light coming against the barrier in the background, the vividness of the luster on the vehicle in the reflection of the blaze, which reminds me of the scenes in the preparatory trailers of past instalments of Gran Turismo series. and the buildings in the scenery look tidy not to be too chalky as well. ;)

Firstly I've got to say, I love that RUF pano. That's a killer piece, in so many ways. Plus I love me a porsche. :D 👍

I also like your 2.0 entry, very nice and the re-edit of it was a good choice it really adds more atmosphere and feel to it. 👍

And lastly that Supra shot is great too, I love how clean it looks. You are a master at cleanups and it shows. That was a pretty rough standard but you've detailed everything so well. You've got more patients than me in that regard for sure. Well done mate. 👍

190E cleanup: Wow. :eek:
HSV set: Not your best but still good. 👍
2nd SLS shot: DAT TONE! :drool:👍
Supra: It's alright! 👍👍

The rest are also amazing, so don't worry, Nathan! ;)👍

Excellent Supra shot Nathan, nice Tokyo spot, sweet car paint, too bad this car is not a premium model, very nice cleanup wow, and the editing is smartly managed. You must make more panoramas, sure the multi sun's lights are sometimes hard to deal with, but you succeed the brilliant way 👍 Oops I forgot to thanks you for telling that I'm a part of your inspiration :)

Many Many thanks to all of you for your great comments and appreciation of my efforts. :cheers:

I love the panoramas being produced by the likes of Herve and Jeremy and others so much that I had started to play around with some myself. Up to now I've been doing it the hard way and manually stitching the photos together which is extremely difficult and time consuming. So yesterday I treated myself to a new piece of software for creating panoramas and had a quick play around with it to see what I can do with it. I only used 1x images this time around as I was just testing the software and didn't want to wait around all day for 2x images to render. The following set is the result of that first test.

GITM.png

#1 4303x1099

#2 4378x1061

#3 2368x3758

#4........................................................................................................................#5

#6 6357x1094

#7 5030x1090

#8 7395x1080

#9........................................................................................................................#10

#11 4348x1098

Thank you for watching. :)

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. They are all perfect Nathan ! :drool:
A lot of original angles and always a great composition. The edit work is simply on top to give the whole set a great misty atmosphere. I won't choose a fav', I love the all :cheers:

Back