Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
Very cool set!
Thanks!
GPR
I like these. Very nice b&w shots. Suits the class of the cars style. The headlight close-up is very nice and I also really dig shot 8 and the last in that setting with the pose the and depth of atmosphere is beautiful. 👍
Totally agree with that, can't say it better. The close shots are splendid, especially the #8. I also like very much the #9, both the car and the scenery looks real. Great job Nathan 👍

After Jaden's "Black Tie Affair" and this one I really need to do a b&w set ;)
Many thanks George and Jeremy - I'm happy you like them. The 8th shot is my favourite - I took that one after the comp to add a couple more shots to the set - if I had of taken it earlier I would have used it as my entry. I almost left out the last shot because I didn't really like the original - it was all too dark and flat but after playing around editing it I think it's now one of my favourites of the set.
Oh and Jeremy - DO IT!

love the lighting and contrast
Looks great in B&W! ;)👍
Bellissimo !
Thanks guys :)
That was a fun and exciting theme that week of the Secret Santa competitions. Great monochromatic Alfa! 👍
It was a great theme and a great poll... and thanks! :)
Pictures #3, #5, #6 and #10 are amazing! :drool: 👍
:embarrassed: Aw shucks, you're too kind. Glad you liked them - I rarely take B&W shots but I really enjoyed that photo shoot so I may try taking a few more from time to time.

These shots are wonderful :drool: :drool: :drool: B&w footage perfectly emphasizes the beautiful car shapes. My favorites are #3 and #4,but all of them are great. Fantastic work Nathan ! 👍

[...]

:embarrassed: Aw shucks, you're too kind. Glad you liked them - I rarely take B&W shots but I really enjoyed that photo shoot so I may try taking a few more from time to time.
That's a shame! I think that you're very good at taking and editing black-and-white photos. :)

Those ALpha-Beta outtakes are, bloody beautiful mate! :)👍
And out of all those random shots earlier, those Appletree Astons are my favourite. Remember when that was your entry for the 2.0, loved it.

Oh and what has always appealed to me is the lighting and composition your edits have. Fine work, I'm still trying to get as good as that!

The B/W toning makes the set feel somewhat...1950 for some reason.
The atmosphere's good and felt and the 1950ness from the whole thing's just...woo!

The Alfa 8C B&W set is just really good. B&W just worked so well, I don't know how but it did. The set before however, if I'm to say anything it is a bit bright for my taste at times, but again... You still make them look epic. Again, I don't know how, but you did. :bowdown: Nicely done. 👍

great set but these two stand out for me Nathan...cracking stuff 👍
Many thanks Lee! :cheers:
These shots are wonderful :drool: :drool: :drool: B&w footage perfectly emphasizes the beautiful car shapes. My favorites are #3 and #4,but all of them are great. Fantastic work Nathan ! 👍
The 8C does suit B&W shots quite well so that certainly helped - I'm glad you liked them. :)
That's a shame! I think that you're very good at taking and editing black-and-white photos. :)
Thanks, I will endeavour to try it out a little more often.
Those ALpha-Beta outtakes are, bloody beautiful mate! :)👍
And out of all those random shots earlier, those Appletree Astons are my favourite. Remember when that was your entry for the 2.0, loved it.

Oh and what has always appealed to me is the lighting and composition your edits have. Fine work, I'm still trying to get as good as that!
Thanks mate, I was pretty happy with the Astons shot too - I had done a split screen shoot with my son (9 yrs) but it very quickly degenerated into a destruction derby and that shot right at the start of the run was the only one I could get without the cars being half wrecked - I'll dig up another shot from that run and post it with my next update.
And thanks for your kind words regarding my shots/editing - I still don't consider myself as being all that good especially considering much of the incredible talent on display here in the Photomode forums, but I'm certainly much better than when I started. You are producing many great works yourself so you are not so far off as you may think. ;)

Fabulous shots Nato!!:drool:
And like Rambo just said:

Amen!
Thanks Eric, much appreciated. :)
The B/W toning makes the set feel somewhat...1950 for some reason.
The atmosphere's good and felt and the 1950ness from the whole thing's just...woo!
Woo 1950's - not sure that's what I going for but I'll take it. :D
Stunning shots, especially that B&W Alfa set!
Many thanks, seems to have gone down quite well that Alfa set. :)
The Alfa 8C B&W set is just really good. B&W just worked so well, I don't know how but it did. The set before however, if I'm to say anything it is a bit bright for my taste at times, but again... You still make them look epic. Again, I don't know how, but you did. :bowdown: Nicely done. 👍
Thanks, B&W does work well with the 8C and I see what you mean with the previous set of shots - some are quite bright and a little more saturated than I usually have them - glad you still like them. :)

Time for another update - mostly recent comp shots plus a few extras and a few more of those pocket rockets I used to do.

CCCL Week 120 Entry
~~~~~~

2.0 Comp Week 135 Entry
~~~~~~

2.0 Comp Week 136 Entry
~~~~~~

Week 136 Outtake
~~~~~~

Week 136 Outtake
Full set of HSV at Suzuka pending
~~~~~~

Edit of SSC Week 109 Entry
~~~~~~

PMC Week 136 Partial Filter Entry
~~~~~~

Unused PMC Week 136 Cross Processor Shot
~~~~~~

CCCL Week 121 Entry (Unedited)
~~~~~~

Extra Shot
~~~~~~
More of my Pocket Rocket edits...

Mercedes C63 AMG Baby Black Edition
~~~~~~

Baby GT by Citroen
~~~~~~

Audi RS6 Micro
~~~~~~

Aston Martin V12 Vantage
~~~~~~
If you haven't seen my previous Pocket Rocket edits then click here.
~~~~~~
Thanks for viewing! :)

They're superb Nathan. i wanted to do some of these but after seeing yours i could never compete with them. Brilliant editing mate 👍

+1 to what Lee said. I think the pocket cars are amazing and your comp entries are great. Love the tones in all of your shots. Of course, composition and everything else is fantastic too. I wish I had your chops for editing. Seems like fun. :)

Thanks Lee and Dave - the Pocket Rocket edits are really easy when you know how. ;)

Almost forgot to post this shot as promised to rambo793.
Never let your 9 year old behind the wheel of an Aston Martin! :lol:

Oh man, you have to create more toy vehicles. It is a task you must add to your chore list. :D

I will, I will and I will take any requests too. Thanks for your appreciation. :)

You wouldn't mind compacting Jay Leno's Tank car, a JGTC vehicle, and a 3.0 edit by changing a car into a limo and turning that limo into a toy limo?

That Miura shot is pure art, Nathan. :bowdown:

I'm also enjoying all of these "pocket rocket" edits - great implementation. 👍

Your entires are always solid and good. Even the outtakes are nice. 👍

And those pocket rockets are just awesome and funny. You're very good at them and the quality of editing shows. I love them. 👍

I feel the same as Lee, I'd love to do this but I think my attempts would be terrible in comparison.

The 2.0 Miura shot is beautiful 👍
I really love your HSV set especially the one you've choosen as entry. Great angles and compositions in all the three, beautiful light and very reallistic edit work 👍
And these pocket cars are simply amazing. Love the way you've done it ! :drool:

First, those Alfa shots are beautifully edited! 👍
Second, DEM POCKET ROCKETS! :lol: Reminds me of Car Town! ;)
Third, those Astons now looks...:crazy:

Great works, Nathan!

That Miura shot is pure art, Nathan. :bowdown:

I'm also enjoying all of these "pocket rocket" edits - great implementation. 👍
Thanks Nenad - would you believe that is the first shot I've ever taken of the Miura - I only just bought it. :dunce:
Glad you like my miniature car edits. :)

GPR
Your entires are always solid and good. Even the outtakes are nice. 👍

And those pocket rockets are just awesome and funny. You're very good at them and the quality of editing shows. I love them. 👍

I feel the same as Lee, I'd love to do this but I think my attempts would be terrible in comparison.
Thanks George. 👍 As I said to Lee the pocket rockets are really quite easy once you've done a couple and are a fun edit - worth having a go. ;)
The pocket rockets are just hilarious!!! A cool technique!! Nice one Nathan:tup:
Love the pocket cars. Great concept.
The Toy Cars are amazing! :)
Thanks guys - I'm really happy you all like them. :cheers:
The 2.0 Miura shot is beautiful 👍
I really love your HSV set especially the one you've choosen as entry. Great angles and compositions in all the three, beautiful light and very reallistic edit work 👍
And these pocket cars are simply amazing. Love the way you've done it ! :drool:
It's hard to go wrong with the Miura - it's a beautiful car. ;) I'm happy you like the HSV shots - I still have to go back over my replay and take some more shots for a full set - I hope to have time for that this week.
First, those Alfa shots are beautifully edited! 👍
Second, DEM POCKET ROCKETS! :lol: Reminds me of Car Town! ;)
Third, those Astons now looks...:crazy:

Great works, Nathan!
First, thanks! Second, thanks again! Third, :lol: Fortunately the panel beaters in GT5 are miracle workers. :)
Very nice set of the HSV action, and of course the toys :D Looks straight out of the game 👍
Thanks, there will be more HSV to come. It would be kinda cool to have miniature cars in Gran Turismo. :D

Last edited:
As mentioned I will be working on a full HSV set from my shoot at Suzuka last week, in the meantime here are my latest comp entries...

Secret Santa Week 110 Entry
~~~~~~

2.0 Comp Week 137 Entry
~~~~~~

CCCL Week 122 Entry
~~~~~~

PMC Week 137 Entry
~~~~~~

And a shot I took while testing out the car/track combination for my CCCL theme this week.
~~~~~~
Thanks again for visiting. :)

Back