Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
:lol: The Mclaren and the Lambo suit being being toy cars, great work. Though I really like the Mclaren F1, Gallardo and 458 cross, brilliant editing 👍 👍

Those toy cars look funny. I wonder how you do that, cause i assume you don't simply shrink the cars down. I keep looking at the photo's but i can't figure it out lol. I first thought you cut out the wheels and then you shrink the cars and then you put the wheels back but then i thought if you did that the wheels wouldn't fit anymore. But everything matches up perfectly. The shadows are correct, the background isn't warped, the wheels fit lol. It's really intriguing.👍

ashes619
:lol: Love those toy cars. 👍
Skython11
:lol: The Mclaren and the Lambo suit being being toy cars, great work. Though I really like the Mclaren F1, Gallardo and 458 cross, brilliant editing 👍 👍
NBDESIGNZ
Great job on the Toy Cars and even the McLamborrari
Thanks guys, I'm glad the Toy Cars and McLamborrari brought a smile to your faces - that was the intent. :)
Nasadus
Those toy cars look funny. I wonder how you do that, cause i assume you don't simply shrink the cars down. I keep looking at the photo's but i can't figure it out lol. I first thought you cut out the wheels and then you shrink the cars and then you put the wheels back but then i thought if you did that the wheels wouldn't fit anymore. But everything matches up perfectly. The shadows are correct, the background isn't warped, the wheels fit lol. It's really intriguing.👍
Firstly I take two photos one of the background with no car it in, then another with the car in place. Then I cut out the car (including the shadows) and shrink that horizontally by 80% thereby shortening the car. I paste that onto the carless background photo. Then I cut out the wheels from the original car and paste them back on to the resized car. A little work is then required to match up panel seams etc... For images with the driver in car I also cut and paste the driver from the original image as well.
The hardest part is fixing the background through the windows as the view through the 'squashed' car doesn't match properly anymore. For this I cut the 'window view' from the background into a new layer with a Soft Light blend mode and adjust the opacity to allow the light reflections etc.. from the window to still appear and then usually need to adjust the brightness and contrast to get it looking just right. All this takes me around half an hour to complete (now that I've perfected my technique). :)

Fantastic work Nato. I really like the toy cars, especially the Ferrari. You have some pretty impressive photoshop chops. Great job.

Thanks C_F and Primus :) It's fun to do something a little out of the ordinary from time to time.

I'm feelin' the love after that last update - thanks guys! :D

@arsenal1992 - that's some compliment! Thank you. :embarrassed:

Now I had better take some more photos so there's something to look at on this page. :P

the alfa 8C pocket rocket youve done looks a bit like the new 4C concept. great work though, they are all amazing

Wow! Both the pocket rockets (I particularly like the Gallardo) and the McLamborrari must have taken some considerable skill and effort :tup

viper at toscana
i don't know which craazzy idiot thought it was a good idea to be able to put dirt tyres on this beast... But i love it! :d​

click on an image to enlarge - but you knew that already

spent a lot of hours editing these - sooo much jaggies to fix! :grumpy:
Still i've refined my technique for dealing with those now so next time it won't take me quite as long.
:cheers:

w t f !!!!

Thank you TVR&Ferrari_Fan, Soloracer3, Grand Prix, rpanico14, gtsteviiee, SMfan, SVX & matt-mtb, I'm happy you appreciate my work. :)

Here's another photoshopped image I was working on for the Photoshop Comp.

Must be viewed BIG so what are you waiting for - click it already.

Don't anger the 500.... his evil big brother will come and get you. Great work 👍

Thanks SVX.
Hehe thanks also Soloracer3.

I'm kinda torn between leaving the McLamborrari as my comp entry or changing it for the 500 which probably fits the theme a little better.

Nato_777
Thanks SVX.
Hehe thanks also Soloracer3.

I'm kinda torn between leaving the McLamborrari as my comp entry or changing it for the 500 which probably fits the theme a little better.

Your welcome :)
Imo the McLamborrari is great but yeah the fiat fits the comp better

love the Mclamborrari ! That's a car I would own... but a question... how is it interior ? LOL
Great job on all of your pictures

CelicaBanner.jpg

Last edited:
Toyota cars and the Castrol livery... best combination in any type of racing ever !
hey Nato, how you change the title of your thread? Can't do it on mine..

Ha! Those toy cars are the cutest little things ever! I think you should take the next step, and photoshop on some eyes and mouths :lol:

Also huge props for McLamborarri, stunning 👍

Back