Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
Nice works buddy, they're looking perfect. Especially the mood in the 3rd shot is awesome.
Thanks Nicolas! :cheers:
Wow. Just wow. They are all perfect Nathan ! :drool:
A lot of original angles and always a great composition. The edit work is simply on top to give the whole set a great misty atmosphere. I won't choose a fav', I love the all :cheers:
Merci beaucoup Jeremy, I wouldn't say perfect but I'm happy they turned out okay. Glad you like the mood/atmosphere I was going for. :)
Now that is what I call inspiring!!!!
Nice job Nathan:drool:

Love the title and the vehicle - perfect!!!
Inspiring!?! :embarrassed:, thanks Eric! The title just came to me while editing and wasn't something that was planned ahead of time - the car just seemed to fit. :D
I like the mood in number 3.
Thanks Jamie, that shot did turn out nice and misty. ;)

Quite a nice set Nathan. I like the misty feel someof these have and the greens are emphasied well. And the pano's are really good, I think you're doing a great job with them. I really love the last one best but also the first is pretty great too. 👍 👍

Well done!

I'm really glad to see that you're now contaminated by the real panoramic format, the vertical one kick ass ! Others are perfect, really dwelling in the efficient kind. Thanks again Nathan for telling that I'm a part of your inspirational wider pics. The title reminds me the excellent documentary. This set is your level up xp mate :) the boring x2 size pics loading time, I put my computer on a desk, left side to the bedroom tv, I can browse the web and take twenty pics without being quickly bored. If you need help for distortion correction, just ak. Bravo c'est beau, each pano is filled with a better scenery and true sense of speed 👍

Loving the atmosphere (outstanding toning and lighting!) in those shots, Nathan. Top-notch panoramas. 👍

GPR
Quite a nice set Nathan. I like the misty feel someof these have and the greens are emphasied well. And the pano's are really good, I think you're doing a great job with them. I really love the last one best but also the first is pretty great too. 👍 👍

Well done!
Thanks George, I enjoyed editing that set and putting together the pano's - happy you liked them. :)
I'm really glad to see that you're now contaminated by the real panoramic format, the vertical one kick ass ! Others are perfect, really dwelling in the efficient kind. Thanks again Nathan for telling that I'm a part of your inspirational wider pics. The title reminds me the excellent documentary. This set is your level up xp mate :) the boring x2 size pics loading time, I put my computer on a desk, left side to the bedroom tv, I can browse the web and take twenty pics without being quickly bored. If you need help for distortion correction, just ak. Bravo c'est beau, each pano is filled with a better scenery and true sense of speed 👍
Hehe, I think I'm well infected by the pano bug now. :D I will try some 2x panorama soon, it's just a matter of having enough spare time to do it. ;)
I love that car in all black and you've really nailed all of the vital components for a great set!
Thanks Zach, I like the car all black too. 👍
Loving the atmosphere (outstanding toning and lighting!) in those shots, Nathan. Top-notch panoramas. 👍
Thanks Nenad! :cheers:
I'm loving the 8th one. Superb panorama execution!
Thanks, quite happy how that one turned out - my first go at an ultra-wide lense view. :)

And some shots from the Into the Light SSC Comp...

6343x1088

...finally some shots I had originally taken for the 2.0 Comp that I ended up using the Gorilla in the Mist shoot for instead...

Once again, thanks for viewing. :)

Very beautiful pictures Nathan, loving your kinda minimalistic Cusco panoramas, efficient editing work, reaching the realistic path, the way I like. The Aventador set looks fine, number seven is the best, wonderful sky, bravo :cheers:

Your Cusco panoramas are very good 👍 Like Hervé said, they are edited in a realistic way. I especially like the last two for their composition and light. The two others pics with the sub' are also great especially the one you've choosen for the competition.
The aventador set in Toscane is full of beautifull pics. All have a splendid toning a great light and are very well composed. I especially love the first one, with this beautiful car reaching the sun and the last one is pure beauty : didn't know there was a moon track in gt5 ;)
In the tokyo set the car is shining like a gem especially in the last shot with all these beautiful reflexions 👍
Great job Nathan :cheers:

Bit late on commenting, glad I popped in though, some brilliant stuff going on.

Pretty much all those Cusco shots are great and the the pano's are awesome, in particular I like number 2 and 5. 👍

And that Aventador set is very nice. Love the paint colour and particularly like the shots taken at Toscana. Awesome light and good toning.

My absolute fav is number 7, the intensity and contrast is very good it helps add some agression. Plus the sky looks awesome and the slightly muted feel add some depth and edginess. Topping that all off is the smoothness of the body panels which highlight the shape and show of the metallic finish and sweet chromey highlights on the rims. Just an epic shot mate. 👍 👍

I agree with Jamie; picture #7 stood out from the rest for me. Great set overall. ;) 👍
Thanks Nenad. 👍
Very nice job on the Lambo shots at Toscana.
Merci Nicolas. :)
That Aventador set is one of the most beautiful I've seen here, brilliant!!! :drool:👍
Thanks, Toscana is a beautiful location. ;)
Very beautiful pictures Nathan, loving your kinda minimalistic Cusco panoramas, efficient editing work, reaching the realistic path, the way I like. The Aventador set looks fine, number seven is the best, wonderful sky, bravo :cheers:
Appreciate your feedback Herve - glad you found the panoramas to your liking. 👍
Your Cusco panoramas are very good 👍 Like Hervé said, they are edited in a realistic way. I especially like the last two for their composition and light. The two others pics with the sub' are also great especially the one you've choosen for the competition.
The aventador set in Toscane is full of beautifull pics. All have a splendid toning a great light and are very well composed. I especially love the first one, with this beautiful car reaching the sun and the last one is pure beauty : didn't know there was a moon track in gt5 ;)
In the tokyo set the car is shining like a gem especially in the last shot with all these beautiful reflexions 👍
Great job Nathan :cheers:
Thanks again Jeremy, it's always a pleasure to read your comments. No.7 was a winner then - I actually took multiple exposures of that one to do an HDR image, which I did but I didn't like the result as much as the non HDR edit which I also made. The shot posted here is the non HDR image. :)
GPR
Bit late on commenting, glad I popped in though, some brilliant stuff going on.

Pretty much all those Cusco shots are great and the the pano's are awesome, in particular I like number 2 and 5. 👍

And that Aventador set is very nice. Love the paint colour and particularly like the shots taken at Toscana. Awesome light and good toning.

My absolute fav is number 7, the intensity and contrast is very good it helps add some agression. Plus the sky looks awesome and the slightly muted feel add some depth and edginess. Topping that all off is the smoothness of the body panels which highlight the shape and show of the metallic finish and sweet chromey highlights on the rims. Just an epic shot mate. 👍 👍
I'm glad you stopped by too George, thanks for the indepth review. 👍

No new sets at present but I have a couple of comp entries and extras so...

2.0 Comp Week 144 Entry

An edit of my PMC Week 144 Entry

A couple of extra Lancer shots

A random Aventador shot

The shot I should have changed to for ShadowPeter's CCCL theme (unedited)

:cheers:

I'm liking those Lancer shots, nicely posed and good angles of it. The editing too enhances the textural feel which adds a bit of grittiness which I feel a rally style car should have. Even though the car itself doesn't have any dirt or marks I get the right feel because of the surrounding elements like the very textural wood and grass/flowers and off road. 👍

I also really like that bonus Aventador shot. Very modern and clean with vivid colours and nice linear angle that draws you forward. Plus the sky looks amazing in it. My only slight crit is the car feels a bit too close to the bottom edge to me. But other that that brilliant. 👍

Thanks Geatle & George, I never thought about adding dirt to the car, which would of course make perfect sense - maybe I'll revisit them later and add some. I see what you mean about the Aventador shot being a bit close to the bottom - it does lose a certain sense of proportion. Nevermind it was an old shot that I just edited as I thought the sky had potential. ;)

Here's an added bonus Evo panorama - my first 2x image pano - warning big image!

12848x2214

It has suffered a little due to the jpeg compression to get the file size down. Original PNG was 83Mb - PSP file (4 layers is over 200Mb). :crazy:

1. Love the atmosphere on Gorrilla in the Mist! #3 nailed it! :drool:
2. The panoramas in the Impreza set are well executed! 👍
3. Into the Light: WOW! :drool:👍
4. The Lancer shots are impressive! 👍👍 Also, DAT CCCL ENTRY! :eek:

You are on the roll, Nathan! :bowdown:

Thanks again Jeremy, it's always a pleasure to read your comments. No.7 was a winner then - I actually took multiple exposures of that one to do an HDR image, which I did but I didn't like the result as much as the non HDR edit which I also made. The shot posted here is the non HDR image. :)

Sometimes the HDR process leads nowhere and you just going nut testing a million different settings... But I'm interested to try myself if you agree and send me your bunch of pics ;)

Your last bunch of pics is full of beauty once more. Il really like your 2.0 entry. Choice of angle & composition (with the smart use of the barrier as a guide line), speed effect, tonning are great and that light ! The only thing that trouble me is this stange square shadow in front of the rear wheels. I wonder what is this... but it's just I've watched each pic of the 2.0 competiton during hours to make my choice, it's almost invisible.

The four lancer shot, including the pano are so realistic... Very good work with this one, I need to do a couple of photo with this car now (it looks nice both in white, in blue cf gtuned's set a few weeks ago).

The sky in the aventadot shot is awesome, and I like a lot this fisheye effect. It's not always easy to use this kind of focal lenght and you've done it well 👍

And the viper shot is superb with a great light. You should have kept it for the comp...

In a few words : various and great work Nathan !

1. Love the atmosphere on Gorrilla in the Mist! #3 nailed it! :drool:
2. The panoramas in the Impreza set are well executed! 👍
3. Into the Light: WOW! :drool:👍
4. The Lancer shots are impressive! 👍👍 Also, DAT CCCL ENTRY! :eek:

You are on the roll, Nathan! :bowdown:
Many thanks Justin! :cheers:
Sometimes the HDR process leads nowhere and you just going nut testing a million different settings... But I'm interested to try myself if you agree and send me your bunch of pics ;)

Your last bunch of pics is full of beauty once more. I really like your 2.0 entry. Choice of angle & composition (with the smart use of the barrier as a guide line), speed effect, tonning are great and that light ! The only thing that trouble me is this stange square shadow in front of the rear wheels. I wonder what is this... but it's just I've watched each pic of the 2.0 competiton during hours to make my choice, it's almost invisible.

The four lancer shot, including the pano are so realistic... Very good work with this one, I need to do a couple of photo with this car now (it looks nice both in white, in blue cf gtuned's set a few weeks ago).

The sky in the aventador shot is awesome, and I like a lot this fisheye effect. It's not always easy to use this kind of focal lenght and you've done it well 👍

And the viper shot is superb with a great light. You should have kept it for the comp...

In a few words : various and great work Nathan !
Thanks again for the great comments Jeremy. :)
I'm going to give the HDR another try but I'll see if I can send you the pics too. The square shadow on the 2.0 entry is a mud flap that the Z4 has there - but I see I missed a tyre cut-off glitch on the front (I hate the GT5 does that and I'm usually on the lookout for it). :grumpy:
The EVO TC is a nice car - looking forward to any shots you produce. 👍
Fuji has a great sky ;) And I should've changed my entry to that last one. :dunce:

Here's my shots from this weeks CCCL Comp

Wild Ride
(Got huge air over the train tracks and wasn't even going fast - must have just been the angle I hit it at - was a rough landing!)

A second edit to get a more gritty feel. Which do you prefer? :)

A rare (for me) panning mode 1 shot.

Cutting it close and cutting down the flowers :P

I've missed a bit here, and I'm terribly sorry, not for you, but myself. Your sustained quality is mind-blowing! And I LOVE how the Aventador glows in SSR5, it looks so bloody amazing.

The C4 set looks pretty damn amazing too. I'd say the gritty one looks better; fits the mood a lot better as it's a rally affair anyway. :P

Back