Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
These Loeb shots are all superb, great sense of motion. The panning mode 1 shot is just excellent ! For your question about the first two, çin fact I prefer the tonning of the second one but you've added a little bit too much noise I think (not for the small format but when we watch it in larger size it's maybe a little bit too much). But anyway this shot is superb :)

Your Aventador set is simply glorious Nathan, you've always had a firm grip on lighting 👍 You really are doing a great job with your panoramas, makes me want to try my hand at one soon!

Totally dig the random aventador shot and the C4 set, as for the question of preference, the first does it for me :)

Nice work man 👍

Excellent tones, Nathan! :drool:👍

Greenpeace would not like the last photo. :lol:

Awesomw stuff Nathan!:drool:
The Aventador set is sublime!:eek:
The Viper - well, many folk try and fail to get the snake-like quality out of that beast and you nailed it!👍
Your C4 set is great - the grittier one gets my vote!
The Z4 is one classy edit!:drool:
Congrats on the SSC win:cheers: That was by far the tensest poll for me!! Payback for the Beer & Blues overtake!!
It was funny watching each shot peg the other up to 10 vothes each:lol: Nice one!

Here are some very nice pictures Nathan, excellent toning and extreme camera angle with the green Z4, a car I never tried to capture. The white Lancer RM pics are reaching the realistic world, softly and elegantly. The Aventador sky is looking great, the summer morning mood. The vertical Viper pic is sweet, loving the lights reflections. My fav is of course your real panorama, x2 size merged pics are the best way to create true big size pics the way it must be more scenery, more mountains, more landcapes, yes I love it ! Under the psp format, a panorama can quickly grow over 500 mb :) Nice rallye pictures, the second C4 edit is better looking imo. Bravo mate, hope to see some new real panos soon :cheers:

Hmm, tough to decide with the re-edit of the C4. I think I prefer the first one actually, the colour clarity wins me over. But the second does give a more rally-ish gritty feel. Both are nice. 👍

All of these sets are mind blowers, especially the Lamborghini set at SSR5. Those reflections are intense. :cool:

Thank you so much ShadowPeter, Tiaga, Kodje, rambo793, jus1029, GTracer98, Giulietta73, NBDESIGNZ, HaerBev, leeislee, GPR, Crooooooow, GT-R, mazda787 and TVR&Ferrari_Fan (pheew) for all the great comments. :cheers:

It's been over a month now since I updated in here - I've just been too busy - barely even getting any entries in and when I have they have been seriously rushed jobs.
Anyway I managed to get a few extra shots in on one shoot and have also gotten around to editing them so here's a new set...

Not really my best work, but they'll do. ;)

Two of the only three 2.0 edited entries I've managed to get in lately, and I won with both of them! How did that happen! :boggled: :)

:cheers:

Superb ones Nathan. :) I'm really digging to see how you put an emphasis on the exposure in the shots alongside splendid composition of a car with surrounding objects, and moderate sweep of movement in the background.

And on top of that, I'm thinking no end of the punchy outlook of two cars at the centre in the 13th shot - you're definitely one of the exquisite competitors around here with solid hands of making the rendering of artistic works that engaging. :drool:

Very nice and realistic shots :drool: 👍
The most favorite shot is #3. I really like composition in this shot. Great work , Nathan !

Very nice R8 set. I like a lot of them. Really like the clarity and colours of them. With a slight warm feel and punchy yellow. Your entry from that lot got my vote. Something about just grabbed me. 👍

Only crit is that last pano the joins are sort of noticable because of the vignettes from the idividual images. But other than that its great. 👍

And congrats on your wins too. :)

Great work, Nathan. The tones in those R8 shots are looking quite realistic. My personal favourites are pictures #2 (loving the looks of the sky!), #3 (I have a soft spot for your panoramas - this one is no exception), #4 (great camera angle and depth of field), #8 (this one could be straight from the Nürburgring ;)) and #10 (fantastic composition and lighting).

And your entries... are simply awesome!

I keep on saying this in lots of galleries, and that's because it's true. The lighting is just superb! Especially in shots 3 and 4. What I'm not saying in galleries, but feel I must say here is, that the image is sharp, and it looks great. If there was any more editing to light and colour, it would be too much. You have a hold on the perfect setup. :D

Great pictures Nathan, an Audi R8 with a yellow paint is an efficient choice, hope the V10+ will be included in GT6. Of course the panoramas are my favs, showing more scenery and action field than the basic format, everything is a pleasure to look at, nicely edited and reaching the realistic range in a flamboyant manner, these two entries are brilliant, bravo :cheers:

Excellent work on your last set Nathan. I agree with Hervé, the yellow fit very well the car. The choice of angle, the tonning and the light are excellent and give the set a very reallistic touch !
I love the sense of motion of the first one. The choice of angle and speed effect of the second is excellent. The first pano has a great light and I like a lot the soft blur of the background. The fourth pic is very original with another great choice of angle and the photo is taken just at the right time 👍
The second and third pano are also very good, love the contrast of the second and the soft light and tonning of the third. Pic #8 has a fantastic composition and very realistic apperance. The pic #9 is one of my fav' in this set, great composition once again, the work on light and shadows is excellent ! The fourth pano is the best imo, the contrast is on top, the choice of focal lenght / apperture is perfect, I love the blur of the background and the soft light on the top of the hill. And I also like a lot the last pano, very good in the "super wide" kind 👍
And congrats for the two wins, well deserved for each of them. I especially really love the MX5 shot : great use of the portrait format, superb light and good composition !
Great work Nathan !

Superb ones Nathan. :) I'm really digging to see how you put an emphasis on the exposure in the shots alongside splendid composition of a car with surrounding objects, and moderate sweep of movement in the background.

And on top of that, I'm thinking no end of the punchy outlook of two cars at the centre in the 13th shot - you're definitely one of the exquisite competitors around here with solid hands of making the rendering of artistic works that engaging. :drool:
Great shot Nathan - love the tones. The panos are my favorites, along with your 2.0 entries. 👍
i see some great photos here. bravo !
Very nice and realistic shots :drool: 👍
The most favorite shot is #3. I really like composition in this shot. Great work , Nathan !
GPR
Very nice R8 set. I like a lot of them. Really like the clarity and colours of them. With a slight warm feel and punchy yellow. Your entry from that lot got my vote. Something about just grabbed me. 👍

Only crit is that last pano the joins are sort of noticable because of the vignettes from the idividual images. But other than that its great. 👍

And congrats on your wins too. :)
Thanks for the great comments! :cheers:
That last pano was a pain with those vignettes, I did manage to tone them down but couldn't eliminate them altogether. :indiff:

Great work, Nathan. The tones in those R8 shots are looking quite realistic. My personal favourites are pictures #2 (loving the looks of the sky!), #3 (I have a soft spot for your panoramas - this one is no exception), #4 (great camera angle and depth of field), #8 (this one could be straight from the Nürburgring ;)) and #10 (fantastic composition and lighting).

And your entries... are simply awesome!
I keep on saying this in lots of galleries, and that's because it's true. The lighting is just superb! Especially in shots 3 and 4. What I'm not saying in galleries, but feel I must say here is, that the image is sharp, and it looks great. If there was any more editing to light and colour, it would be too much. You have a hold on the perfect setup. :D
Thanks guys, I'm happy you like the toning and lighting as it's something I always try to get right. :)
Great pictures Nathan, an Audi R8 with a yellow paint is an efficient choice, hope the V10+ will be included in GT6. Of course the panoramas are my favs, showing more scenery and action field than the basic format, everything is a pleasure to look at, nicely edited and reaching the realistic range in a flamboyant manner, these two entries are brilliant, bravo :cheers:

Excellent work on your last set Nathan. I agree with Hervé, the yellow fit very well the car. The choice of angle, the tonning and the light are excellent and give the set a very reallistic touch !
I love the sense of motion of the first one. The choice of angle and speed effect of the second is excellent. The first pano has a great light and I like a lot the soft blur of the background. The fourth pic is very original with another great choice of angle and the photo is taken just at the right time 👍
The second and third pano are also very good, love the contrast of the second and the soft light and tonning of the third. Pic #8 has a fantastic composition and very realistic apperance. The pic #9 is one of my fav' in this set, great composition once again, the work on light and shadows is excellent ! The fourth pano is the best imo, the contrast is on top, the choice of focal lenght / apperture is perfect, I love the blur of the background and the soft light on the top of the hill. And I also like a lot the last pano, very good in the "super wide" kind 👍
And congrats for the two wins, well deserved for each of them. I especially really love the MX5 shot : great use of the portrait format, superb light and good composition !
Great work Nathan !
Once again thanks for your great indepth analysis of my photos, it's always great to see that people appreciate the work you put into an image. :cheers:
I'm glad you liked the 4th pano Jeremy, I was more aggressive with the editing on that one to make it have a little more punch. :)

Over the last few weeks I've been really busy trying to get the 2.0 Tournament underway before GT6 arrives and the GT5 Photomode section becomes a ghost town. ;)
As it turned out the only way that was going to happen is if I took it over, which I have now done of course. It really gives me an appreciation of the massive amount of effort that Nicknamealguem had put into running it up to now.
There's still a lot to do to run it now but my job is so much easier with all the framework already have been put in place. Anyway all that means I haven't had alot of time for photoshoots or anything but I have a few entries and extras I can post...

#1 CCCL Entry

#2 CCCL extra

#3 CCCL extra

#4 Edited version of PMC Entry

#5 NZ Highway Patrol parked (getting donuts) :sly:

#6 NZ Highway Patrol MP4 car chase 3.0 Entry

4415x1464 panorama 2x3 photostitch with MP4 shopped in
:)

Once again I must say how appreciative I am about you taking on the tournament. 👍

Of course being busy with many duties does leave little time for shoots so no need to explain, many people are tending to slow down with content seeing as we are getting closer and closer to GT6 anyway. Which is understandable.

These leftover and comp entries are quite nice though so that's better than nothing. ;)

Of course your CCCL entry is very nice and not surprising it took the win ;)
I also dig the other 2 from that shoot, nice compositons and light. 👍

Also your police edit is sweet, the re-edit into a chase is great and looks much more realistic. Love the added touch of the driver. ;) 👍

Back