Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
I really love the soft toning in the 'End of Days'. The subtle amount of sunlight, peering over the barrier creates a beautiful sunset atmosphere.

I also like the lighting, colours and composition in the 3rd SLR shot. This is definitely my favourite from this page so far!:drool:

Great work Nato!

Last edited:
The End of Days is too nice Nato Rice Guy basically said everything for me
Looks like a shot that would be set in a movie 👍

Nice ones, I really like the composition and raw feel of the first one.

And 'End of Days' is beautiful. Nice soft light and colour tones. 👍

The three SLR pics are very good, especially the last one with its beautiful composition using the lights :drool:
Beautiful sunset shot of the McLaren for this edited version of your entry.
And the pano with your police edited Ferrari is excellent mate ! Very realistic with a great speed effect 👍
The two DB9 shots are really good, the first one has a very realistic rendering once more and a great sense of motion.
And this last one, this "end of the day" is the sweet cherry on the cake : just an amazing mood :drool:, the toning, the light and the fog 👍
Great work as always Nathan !

Wow, your police chase panorama is smartly thinked and made, End of Days is a pleasure to watch, the toning is perfect, the fog adds power to this efficient shot, others are fine, Bravo Nathan :cheers:

Thank you all so much for your great comments - I'm glad you all liked 'End of Days' as I put a fair bit of effort into that one. :)

Nothing really to add at this point - though I hope to find the time to put together a set to celebrate the passing of 1000 posts in my gallery - once again thanks all. :cheers:

For now I'll throw up some real life grass karting photos from last weekends club meeting.
I have the 737 kart - couldn't have 777 as our club numbers run from 701 to 750.
Photos by one of the junior members mum.

Me leading the first race of the day.

Way out in front by 2nd lap.

Our first ever rolling start race in which I started in 4th position.

A couple of corners in and in 3rd - The guy in the red suit took a close line while I took a wide line and we both passed the green kart in the next corner - one inside and one outside of him. :)

Now in 2nd and pushing hard for first.

Taking a dive down the inside for 1st. We traded first and second positions for a few corners before I got ahead properly but got a shunt into a hairpin and spun out.

Playing catch up in the middle of the field after the spin - finished 5th in the end.

This is what it was like back in the pack a few races in before we got the water truck out to wet the track down!
Couldn't hardly see and had to keep your mouth shut or you were eating grass and dirt. :)

I come as close to rolling my kart as I ever want to in the last race of the day after clipping a cone in a highspeed drift - threw my kart up onto two wheels and I only just managed to save it by steering out of the corner.​

Last edited:
It is massive fun! :D Not sure if it's just a 'kiwi' thing or if it's being done elsewhere around the world. It's definitely a growing sport in the South Island of New Zealand. They are regular track karts that have been modified for grass - we run motorbike engines and dirt tyres and there's a few extra bars etc, on the kart. The great thing is you aren't stuck to a set track and can change the layout at will even during a race meeting. They aren't sluggish either, we were pulling 80-90 kph on the straights last weekend and weren't changing into 5th yet (need a longer straight).

Oh I agree, that looks like awesome fun. I'm suprised too with the speed you mention, on grass no less. :) 👍

Back