Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Despite the lockout, the National Basketball Association will still be an ongoing deal. Season or no season, I have prepared this thread for discussion of the upcoming season. Today is supposed to be the announcing of the season schedule. It will also be a time where Yao Ming will officially announce his retirement from the NBA.

Again- whether there's a season, an abbreviated season, or no season at all; this is your thread. So why not make this thread useful with some replies? :)

JohnBM01
Despite the lockout, the National Basketball Association will still be an ongoing deal. Season or no season, I have prepared this thread for discussion of the upcoming season. Today is supposed to be the announcing of the season schedule. It will also be a time where Yao Ming will officially announce his retirement from the NBA.

Again- whether there's a season, an abbreviated season, or no season at all; this is your thread. So why not make this thread useful with some replies? :)

My new team to root for this year will be the Sacramento Kings. I want Jimmer Fredette to excel in the League really badly, I have so much respect for that kid.

Did I miss something today? I checked the NBA website and they're announcing the schedule and everything? Why would they bother announcing a schedule and even going so far as talking it up when it's entirely possible there won't be ANY games?:odd:

Edit: At least the Raptors website confirms for me that's it's a projected schedule in the event of the lockout being resolved. The buggers had my hopes up for a second there thinking it'd been resolved already.

Did I miss something today? I checked the NBA website and they're announcing the schedule and everything? Why would they bother announcing a schedule and even going so far as talking it up when it's entirely possible there won't be ANY games?:odd:

Edit: At least the Raptors website confirms for me that's it's a projected schedule in the event of the lockout being resolved. The buggers had my hopes up for a second there thinking it'd been resolved already.

Financially speaking, its best to assume its not going to happen. They don't want to lose season ticket holder and sponsors and stuff.

Is it me or are the players making it look like they're not even trying to work this out. Deron Williams is going to Turkey, Dwight Howard is considering and Kobe's supposedly talking to Turkey also. Not a good look.

Things are just getting worse it seems, the two sides are now going to court, with the league sueing the players association.
At least this will help peak my interest in the NBL this season, any basketball is better than no basketball, especially if any NBA players come and play in our league, like Mills.

Yeah, it will be sad not to get to see any NBA ball this season because of the lockout. So we can always play NBA 2K... whatever to tide us over until the 2012 season.

I think this will be the first year that I turn my head to euro basketball leagues...

There may not be a 2011-2012 season, but NBA TV does have a bunch of good old-school NBA goodness if you watch. I saw a little of Game 4 of the 1983 NBA Finals match between Philadelphia at the L.A. Lakers. Check out NBA TV (if you get NBA TV) for some old school action if interested.

This lock-out may be the best thing that's happened to the Australian NBL in a long time, with Patty Mills signing a deal with the Melbourne Tigers and Bogut in talks with the Sydney Kings until NBA resumes. I'm sure those two will draw a lot of attention to the league, and it's much needed. In addition, after bowing out in 2008 due to the financial backer going under, my local team the Brisbane Bullets could be back in it by 2012. Happy days for Australian basketball fans. (Australia also just defeated NZ to secure an Olympic berth :D).

My thoughts? Mills will be in the NBL that much longer, and after lighting it up from 3pt land in game 1 to score 28pts and aid his team to a victory from a 14pt deficit, it means the NBL is exciting again, most teams have got good players worth watching.
I don't think these will be the last NBA games getting cancelled either, I'd say good luck to getting any sort of season at all.

My thoughts? Mills will be in the NBL that much longer, and after lighting it up from 3pt land in game 1 to score 28pts and aid his team to a victory from a 14pt deficit, it means the NBL is exciting again, most teams have got good players worth watching.
I don't think these will be the last NBA games getting cancelled either, I'd say good luck to getting any sort of season at all.

True, the NBL is actually interesting to watch now :lol:

This season could all be a lost cause depending on if a deal isn't complete by tomorrow. I still feel sad at how... whoever is all involved in the deal-making process can't come up with a package players and owners can be happy with after all this time. We'll see how this all plays out.

If a deal is worked out in a time, a 50-game season is a definite possibility. The playoffs are all that really matters anyways... ;)

From what I have heard, two more weeks of NBA action have been canceled with no new talks really scheduled. So no NBA hoops (basically) through the first four weeks of November. Some fear there may not even be a game played until or about Christmas. Will there even BE a season? Come on, people! I want some NBA action! Agree to SOMETHING!!!

My main concern is seeing the first home game so the Mavs can hoist the Championship banner. :D

There are a few older players in the last year of their contracts and I wouldn't be surprised to see them retire if the whole season gets cancelled. Kidd, Duncan, Garnet and etc.

Imagine trying to squeeze in an 82-game season with... most of November canceled. That's what some people are thinking could happen. I'm okay with maybe a 50-game season because you have to take into account players' health and stamina. And I don't think you want to compete with Major League Baseball in TV time just to squeeze in 82 games, even if you prolong the season by another month.

There is still some hope for this season to get underway. How much hope is still up in the air.

Hmmm...lack of NBA basketball makes me grumpy!!!!!

To pass the time...Dirty Dirk to the rescue. :lol:

I love this video. :D

Last night would have been opening night for the 2011-2012 season. My Rockets would have been at the Jazz with Kevin McHale coaching his first game for the Rockets. It would have also been where Dallas can rub it in about being the NBA champions with all the rings handed out and the banner falling down. It would have also been the Lakers' first game for their new head coach.

But... games up to about November 28 have been canceled. Even on Halloween, the lockout meant they had to show the 1985 movie, "Teen Wolf" back on NBA TV as part of "Courtside Cinema." Yep. This lockout needs a knockout.

Tell me about it. I re-watched game 6 of the Finals from last year yesterday. I need NBA action...

Hope this lockout ends soon, I need something to watch on the week days when football isnt on.

I hope the lockout ends soon because I don't have anything to watch on a semi-daily basis except the NHL. And those are on a weird channel I do not get.

I could never really get into hockey, to me it seems kind of boring. Except for the fights, those are sometimes fun to watch.

You are missing out. I guarantee if you ever went to a professional hockey game in person you would change your perspective. Hockey is massively awesome, and in person it rivals nothing.

A deal was put on the table during this past weekend's meetings, and the players (or whomever else is involved) have until Wednesday to accept this offer. What I've been hearing was that there is still some uncertainty in this new negotiation to be good for the players. This season may not even happen. Sure hope SOMETHING gets agreed upon quickly so whatever left of this season will actually happen.

Looks like our and San Antonio's 50-win season streak is all but lost now unless one of us pulls off a '95 Bulls and win every game possible during the 50 game season (if it happens). :lol: Yea, right...

I just don't know what's up with the NBA and the NBA Players Association. I know this is much more complicated than what we're making it to be, but I can't really fathom what it is both sides can't agree upon in trying to save whatever is left of this season. Some of what impacts this season could also impact next season as well. I think there could be another deal being worked on for maybe Tuesday or Wednesday this coming week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back