NBA 2011-2012 Thread

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 924 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even my great Dirk couldn't come back from this, not that my Mavs probably would have let it gotten this bad by the 4th QTR.

This is a turrible game for OKC. Just turrible.[/Barkley]

I know. I'm just saying it's not over till its over. Lebron knows that. That's why he told Chalmers to stfu and play Q4 lol.

Wtf, Ibaka and Harden are only 22? Makes me feel so much better making fun of them.

Well deserved win & a near sweep against OKC. But, I said it. OKC was not ready mentally for the Finals & pushed against the wall, just broke down. And Miami was the wrong team to do it against because they took full advantage of it.

Well deserved win & a near sweep against OKC. But, I said it. OKC was not ready mentally for the Finals & pushed against the wall, just broke down. And Miami was the wrong team to do it against because they took full advantage of it.

They did breakdown tonight, but I've seen enough games to know that this has absolutely nothing to do with inexperience. My Blazers did exactly the same in 2001 against the Lakers. So many veteran Blazers in their prime, but they completely broke down, folded against Shaq & Kobe.

When your opponent can not miss from the outside, and also featuring couple of best penetrators in the league, firing all cylinders, being ready, or experience will not make them miss shots.

Edit: Miami, when playing their top game like tonight, there isn't a team in the world that will be able to keep up with them.

EuJx5.jpg

The Heat would have swept every game in the playoffs if our 3 point shooting was as good as it was tonight. Mike Miller scored the point difference.

EuJx5.jpg

The Heat would have swept every game in the playoffs if our 3 point shooting was as good as it was tonight. Mike Miller scored the point difference.

At least this year Macy's won't screw up their Heat ad. Unless they plan to offer Thunder championship T-Shirts tomorrow morning?

Don't foget Obi Juwan Kenobi. I feel good for that guy.

Well gentlemen we have the draft to look forward to!

That was a complete and utter whipping! The Heat were not going to be denied!!!!!!!!

Battier was the nail in the coffin, imo. Congrats, Heat were the better team and played harder for their title.

There is no doubt that this was a salary cap move. Expect Rashard contract to go bye-bye, either in amnesty(if N.O. still have it), or buyout. I bet he'll never suit up for the Hornets.

It's really only to have the ability to keep Eric Gordon when he goes RFA this year. But then again Aminu can probably start at SF.

Congrats to the 2012 NBA champions Miami Heat. :cheers:

Would have liked to have seen the Thunder win, but Lebron & company definitely deserved it.

It's over. unfortunately due to time zone difference I was at work :(

I think we saw how this team was built tonight and the potential it has. When the big three get double teamed they have open sharp shooters hit... If they then cover that, James, Wade & Bosh in tandom can wreck havoc in the lane. This is what they envisioned.

Glad to see Miller go wild, injuries have limited his role, but as a 40% 3pt shooter it was why he was signed. Same with Battier, albiet giving you defense. Miami really didn't need a true point guard with the way James & Wade can handle the ball, they needed points who were able to handle the ball (when they sat), but also knock down three's, which Chalmers & Cole did, Jones at times also. Haslem playing minutes grabbing borads.

Centre's? Well they had fouls to give with Turiaf, Anthony, Curry & Pittman, if needed (Think Orlando, Lakers, Spurs). Did they really need them? If needed, but the way Miami were designed Bosh is their centre...

Can they get better? Believe so with experience, resignings and free agency plus possible ring hunters.

But repeating? That's hard for any team. But they have a chance.

I must say I have immense respect for Durant... he's very very good & only 22 and going to get better. However one thing. I said very early on in the playoffs that Westbrook needs to realise who is the A-dog (yes he had one great game) but at the start of the series who do you want to take more shots? Durant or Westbrook?

Finals? Westbrook 52/120 (4 sub 50% & with one abnormal game skewing the stat) Durant 57/104 (only one sub 50% game and that was 9/19). Don't know if it would've made a difference... (yes I know Harden didn't do what's expected, but Miami defended him surperbly)

Edit 2: That girl, Christina. Horrid pass. She's still a Raptor.

Oi! At least the Raptors don't tank games on purpose.:sly: BTW, some may not have noticed but Bosh man handled Perkins with ease this game.

Glad Bosh got a ring. 👍

Me too.

Well gentlemen we have the draft to look forward to!

Indeed!

Miami Heat, sign Greg Oden! :lol:

If he's healthy then I agree, it'd be nice to see Oden recover some sort of career. I signed him to my Raptors in NBA 2K12 and he's been gold so far.

It was the season we never thought we'd see. It was the compressed nightmare that eventually came to fruition. Over 66-something regular season games eventually came down to this most unusual NBA season. There were clutch shots, wicked dunks, hard fouls, questionable calls, and more. All 30 teams had dreams of making the postseason and played as hard as they could and made the most of this season. Sixteen succeeded; fourteen failed (including my mediocre Rockets, who decided to fail at the worst possible time). Some racked up lots of wins, one team seriously failed (Charlotte). Through it all, one team proved to be the hottest as the other 29 were feeling the heat.

Congratulations to the Heat on a job well done. Still means we're going to have to hear "...not 5, not 6, not 7...," which I got quickly sick of watching ESPN. Will any team ice the Heat next season? Or could the Heat perhaps become the next dynasty? We'll see next season.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Heat for winning the title.

Hopefully, my Bulls can recover and knock off the Miami Warm next year.

Thousands of unemployed people showed up for the parade. Some even had to go to the hospital for... Heat exhaustion. /horatioyeaaaaaah

Hope nobody minds, but I went ahead and moved all the posts regarding the offseason to a new, dedicated thread. We'll morph that one into the regular season thread when October rolls around.

Thanks for participating this year-- it's been real, and we haven't had to mod much either. 👍

Head on over to the new thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=258261

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back