NBA: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,317 comments
I don't think anything will come of it, to be honest. While he's not old for a player, he's definitely not going to be a first or second string big man for us because of his health issues. The only role I can see him having is already taken by Bernard James, Dwight Powell, & Greg Smith as our back up bigs.
It's tragic, really(gimme a break Paulie, I'm a Blazer fan lol). I didn't think he had chance, even before he joined the Heat, so yes, I agree with you. Sad. I was at the game when he first hurt one of his knees. That night, I called my friend for something random, then he asked me if we knew that Oden was lost for the season. Good times. :indiff:

I wonder if he'll eventually take a cue from Brandon & call it a career. Given he doesn't have the same health risks, but he hasn't exactly been any more productive.

@Omnis, how do you feel about the Heat preparing a 5-year, $80 million deal for Dragic? Has he been productive enough in 1 year for it, or overpriced? Personally, I'd take it because it's max-type money, but I don't think he's shown he's a max player, either.

I wonder if he'll eventually take a cue from Brandon & call it a career. Given he doesn't have the same health risks, but he hasn't exactly been any more productive.

@Omnis, how do you feel about the Heat preparing a 5-year, $80 million deal for Dragic? Has he been productive enough in 1 year for it, or overpriced? Personally, I'd take it because it's max-type money, but I don't think he's shown he's a max player, either.

It's ridiculous that Dragic would get max money and Wade would have to take a hit. Dragic and Bosh would both be on max salaries but their defense is awful. I hope McBob comes back and helps in that regard. Can't make a playoff run relying on Whiteside to erase your mistakes. Wade is the most complete player on the team, on both sides of the ball. (Actually, Whiteside might be.) Only problem is that he can't play so many minutes. The team needs to save when they can and get a bench that can actually ball. Look at Golden State. Barbosa and Iggy balled on everyone. If Dragic is going to get max money, he needs to play like a star.

And, I swear to god, Spo better fix his pick n roll defense next season. It was just awful.

I thought the Dragic deal was quite reasonable since the salary cap will be increasing in the coming years.

I thought the Dragic deal was quite reasonable since the salary cap will be increasing in the coming years.

I just want the Heat to be competitive with a team that works well together. Face it: last season was a circus until Whiteside showed up. Then the team was one dimensional. Especially when you consider injuries.

Riley wants to have room available for Kevin Durant or another huge superstar when it's time to reel them in.

Thon Maker played in the NBPA Top 100 tournament or something recently, looking like he's got real game on at the moment. He won MVP, which Ben Simmons did last year.

I just want the Heat to be competitive with a team that works well together. Face it: last season was a circus until Whiteside showed up. Then the team was one dimensional. Especially when you consider injuries.

Riley wants to have room available for Kevin Durant or another huge superstar when it's time to reel them in.

I still think the Heat could be very competitive if they return everyone healthy this year, we never once saw what they're capable of at full strength. Return everyone, add in the 10th pick of the draft (or package it for a better complimentary player) and maybe find some good role players on the market.

Maybe if we have enough cap room for this year only, we can trade for Eric Gordon. But their books would really have to be hurting, because I don't see who we could give to them to make a fair trade. Miami needs reliable 3-point shooting. Whiteside and Bosh are going to throw a lot of points away this year when they pass to a perimeter shot after being doubled.

Most everyone is mocking Stanley Johnson to us. Is he supposed to be a little Lebroncito? Admittedly, I don't know much about him. I would be way cool with YA BOY FROM SHEBOYGAN Sam Dekker though. My fear is that he would get bodied in the NBA, but his shooting is incredible and he's a good defender.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that Dragic would get max money and Wade would have to take a hit. Dragic and Bosh would both be on max salaries but their defense is awful. I hope McBob comes back and helps in that regard. Can't make a playoff run relying on Whiteside to erase your mistakes. Wade is the most complete player on the team, on both sides of the ball. (Actually, Whiteside might be.) Only problem is that he can't play so many minutes. The team needs to save when they can and get a bench that can actually ball. Look at Golden State. Barbosa and Iggy balled on everyone. If Dragic is going to get max money, he needs to play like a star.

And, I swear to god, Spo better fix his pick n roll defense next season. It was just awful.
So, I take it you're not fond of the media trying to hype Buss ready to offer Wade a big contract to come play with Kobe, either? :lol:

So, I take it you're not fond of the media trying to hype Buss ready to offer Wade a big contract to come play with Kobe, either? :lol:

I would be quite upset if Wade became a Laker. I couldn't imagine Kobe and Wade playing together. Shaq got away from Kobe to go play with Wade. Kobe is an absolute head case. He's a lunatic. Can't imagine him working with Wade and having the same kind of chemistry that Wade and Lebron have.

Wade would probably entertain the idea of playing in LA because of his wife and his delusions of going into broadcasting post-basketball. He would have a unique perspective for all the Lebron vs. Kobe idiots. But he should probably learn to speak English better when in front of a camera.

I would be quite upset if Wade became a Laker. I couldn't imagine Kobe and Wade playing together. Shaq got away from Kobe to go play with Wade. Kobe is an absolute head case. He's a lunatic. Can't imagine him working with Wade and having the same kind of chemistry that Wade and Lebron have.

Wade would probably entertain the idea of playing in LA because of his wife and his delusions of going into broadcasting post-basketball. He would have a unique perspective for all the Lebron vs. Kobe idiots. But he should probably learn to speak English better when in front of a camera.
That's what I thought might be the perspective from a Heat fan. I don't think Wade would take a back seat to Kobe on the bench as well, despite the fact Wade has enough trouble actually playing due to his knees.

Wade actually played his balls off this season. He had to work to carry the team until Dragic came in. Wade is a great outlet passer and can post up like the best of them. He's also a phenomenal cutter off the ball. But his game is totally half-court, 15 second offense. He needs that break starter like Lebron or Goran. The Heat thrive when they can run a fastbreak offense, but they just didn't have the personnel for it. They tried it with Ennis and Tyler Johnson but their defense is just garbage so the ball goes their way or is always one pass away.

052715SummerWorkoutmov-3608117-10.576x324.jpg

Is he getting on the court to defend it himself? :lol:

I'm not familiar with Miami's handling of pick & roll, but probably over 50% of the time, I think the defensive issues are lack of motivation, or commitment from the players.

Nope, it's pretty much bad coaching. They never fixed this:

It's been a fundamental problem on D since Lebron left. The communication sucks without him barking orders, and some of the guys just have no awareness to how to defeat the P&R or blow up the offense's action.

I'm thinking some of those defenders in the video smoke a lot of weed before the game. I guess a good coaching could prevent that from happening. :lol:

Was he? I forgive him, at least he didn't win the MVP. :lol:

Not too much, just that he said the Cavs suck at a victory parade. It's like "Dude, you already won, you don't have to go around badmouthing the team that lost."

Not too much, just that he said the Cavs suck at a victory parade. It's like "Dude, you already won, you don't have to go around badmouthing the team that lost."
Yeah, it was cute when he was going back & forth with Glenn, but keep clowning around too much, you will start annoying everybody around you, including the fans.

Edit: Just in -

"Portland Trail Blazers trade Nicolas Batum to Charlotte Hornets"

"The Portland Trail Blazers have finalized a trade that will send Nicolas Batum to the Charlotte Hornets. The news was originallyreported by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports and the Trail Blazers confirmed the trade via a press release shortly after.

In the deal, Portland will receive veteran wing Gerald Henderson and second-year forward Noah Vonleh." - Oregonian

I'm a fan of Batum, never ever even heard of the two players we are getting in return, but I'm kind of excited. Little more about Vonleh:

"Vonleh is the interesting part of the deal, a 6-foot-10, 240-pound forward who was the No. 9 pick in last year's draft. He turns 20 in August, and he played one college season at Indiana, averaging 11.3 points and 9.0 rebounds while shooting 52.3 percent from the field, including 48.5 percent on threes, although he only took 33 attempts.

Update, 5:15 p.m.: Vonleh was projected to be a higher pick last year, with aconsensus draft that combined a bunch of respected mock drafts projecting him as the No. 4 pick.

At the NBA draft combine, Vonleh was measured at 6-8 without shoes and with a 7-4¼ wingspan and a 37-inch vertical leap." - Oregonian

Nic is a great facilitator, also awesome defender. Super quick & long. Unfortunately, although we've had him for many seasons, he has NEVER been a consistent scorer. Offensively, this really hurt us from becoming a contender. Again, I like him, but he's had plenty of time to prove himself.

I've been reading that Wes Mathews has asked for $15 million a year. If he's going to be healthy, if salary cap is really being raised, that is a reasonable price to retain his service(if he even want to stay). Big key still is LaMarcus. Kevin Love rumor has started, "if" we lose LaMarcus. While Love is not the caliber of the player LaMarcus is, and he also has reputation in my circle as an arrogant 🤬, but if we do lose LaMarcus, if Love wants to come to Portland, we can't really afford to turn him away. Portland is one of the least popular FA destinations, maybe after Toronto. As a general rule, if we want quality player, we have to draft them, or trade for them. We suck!

Last edited:
Posted in the other thread, but this still applies here:
Charlotte has been really active the past few days. They just traded Luke Ridnour to the thunder for Jeremy Lamb, and are actively shopping their 9th pick... I think they're desperate for the playoffs.

Fun fact: Luke Ridnour has been on 4 different teams since yesterday.

Speaking of the draft: I hope the Suns are aggressive in moving up, I don't want to draft at 13-14 again, it's tiring.

And if he is going to keep playing in the NBA, then it will be with a different team, as the Thunder will be cutting him, unless they make another trade involving him prior to (I believe) July 1.

Back