NBA: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,317 comments
I watched only few games, but going by what I saw & the stats, either Golden State is the super dream fantasy matchup for LeBron, or LeBron really climbed a level or two in the discussing G.O.A.T. Whether some kind of matchup fluke or not, you can't take away his accomplishments in the series.

Not a James fan, so I'm glad somebody else won it, but Iguodala winning the MVP sounds absolutely wrong, at least to me. I like him, he really impressed me from the little I saw, but I didn't think he was the guy most valuable in the series, let alone his team:

You saw all six games, you are going to play the series over again. Your life depend on Golden State winning the do-over. You can have Curry or Iggy, but not both. Yeah, I thought so. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

Congrats to Golden State Warriors. 👍 Let us now get on to the off-season thread, @JohnBM01. I hope LaMarcus stay in Portland...... :nervous:

I watched only few games, but going by what I saw & the stats, either Golden State is the super dream fantasy matchup for LeBron, or LeBron really climbed a level or two in the discussing G.O.A.T. Whether some kind of matchup fluke or not, you can't take away his accomplishments in the series.

Not a James fan, so I'm glad somebody else won it, but Iguodala winning the MVP sounds absolutely wrong, at least to me. I like him, he really impressed me from the little I saw, but I didn't think he was the guy most valuable in the series, let alone his team:

You saw all six games, you are going to play the series over again. Your life depend on Golden State winning the do-over. You can have Curry or Iggy, but not both. Yeah, I thought so. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

Congrats to Golden State Warriors. 👍 Let us now get on to the off-season thread, @JohnBM01. I hope LaMarcus stay in Portland...... :nervous:
Dallas is waiting for its Dirk 2.0. :sly:

Dallas is waiting for its Dirk 2.0. :sly:
Hurts me to say...... If I was a betting man, he wants to join the Mavs. :(

If he doesn't stay in Portland, or go to San Anton, I wouldn't mind him going to Dallas..... but I'll never watch NBA again.

:lol:

Hurts me to say...... If I was a betting man, he wants to join the Mavs. :(

If he doesn't stay in Portland, or go to San Anton, I wouldn't mind him going to Dallas..... but I'll never watch NBA again.

:lol:
I'm kind of the opposite. I think he may just stay with Portland & Lillard. There's been a couple rumors that he's unsure of joining San Antonio because of Pop & Duncan possibly retiring after a year with him. Plus the fact they're also looking heavily at Marc Gasol. I still want us to focus on retaining Ellis as well who has sparked theories that we could replace him with Wes Mathews. But again, he's another player I can't see leaving Portland just yet.

I (or somebody else) will start the thread for next season around the time NBA Summer League rolls around. All congratulations to Golden State. It just really seemed like it was their season from the start. Though I love blue and gold, I'm with Rockets Red. Those boys in their pretty blue and gold colors from Oakland, CA (that I usually confused for a college team because of the name "Golden State" often times) were simply the best team all year. There's being the best team, then trying to sustain being that best team. Golden State did just that and then some. Some teams are just clearly better in all or almost all facets of the game. That's sports.

So that concludes another season of NBA basketball. There were 30 teams all with the same dream- to hoist the Larry O'Brien Trophy and become NBA champions. You can't just be an NBA team and declare yourself champs... you have to prove it. Of those 30, 16 proven themselves worthy. Eight of those 16 proven they were for real. Four of those eight proven to be truly deserving of becoming champions. Of those four, only two proven to be the best of the best. And when it came down to two of the best (or maybe two of the luckiest), only one could be the superlative. Only one could be atop the food chain. And that team was the Golden State Warriors.

Congratulations to Golden State on winning the championship, but also congratulations to Cleveland on an amazing season. Now that the season is over, you all are free to make your own final assessments of your team(s) or even what you thought about this season in general. I certainly will try to discuss my Rockets. This is time to look back now that the season is over.

Wow, not even 1 vote for Steph altogether & he was the complete reason Iggy was so open.
Per NBA PR, the Finals MVP vote was Andre Iguodala (7) against LeBron James (4). Stephen Curry got no votes.

I haven't been able to watch many Finals games, the games won't stream smoothly lately for me for reasons unknown. Can't believe Iguodala got MVP, quite rediculous IMO. The options were Lebron or Curry, that's it.
Onwards to the draft and Summer League! Hopefully I can watch Summer League games. I'm going to be majorly 🤬 if I can't.

Shame I only caught a glimpse of the first two games of the Finals, but congrats to the Warriors, they were besting and feasting this season :lol:

Geed for what Gentry is gonna do to the Pellies #unleashthebrow

Shame I only caught a glimpse of the first two games of the Finals, but congrats to the Warriors, they were besting and feasting this season :lol:

Geed for what Gentry is gonna do to the Pellies #unleashthebrow

The Pelicans will be a 2nd round exit then they'll fire Gentry for not winning the championship.:lol: Too many teams be firing too many good coaches these days.:nervous:

The Pelicans will be a 2nd round exit then they'll fire Gentry for not winning the championship.:lol: Too many teams be firing too many good coaches these days.:nervous:

I'd be very depressed if Gentry was swept through that quick :lol: Monty wasn't bad, the roster wasn't in his favour and the GM didn't make the greatest moves for him till he ultimately got a superstar to help him carry the team to the playoffs. I think it was mentioned when we versed GSW the first round we couldn't adjust to the small ball because he couldn't put out a successful lineup to counter it.

I feel for Monty, but the guy had too much time on his hands as HC to make a difference.

If Cleveland won Game 6 in Cleveland, tonight would have been *Game 7 of the NBA Finals* in Oakland. But of course, the blue and gold boys of Golden State handled their business in Cleveland and won their first NBA Championship since 1975. It could have been LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry one last time. It could have been one last chance for M. Dellavedova (or "Dello") to assert himself. Again, though... it has been season over long ago. Golden State is supposed to move to their new arena within downtown San Francisco in a few years (around Mission Bay). Winning this championship is a nice little bonus en route to the Golden State Warriors winning their title. I think I read this new arena could be opened within 2018 or 2019.

I have been proud of my Rockets all season long. Thanks to the television deal here in Houston, I've been unable to watch the Rockets because I don't get ROOT Sports Southwest. Maybe not watching the Rockets helped them to win more. Some people who don't get to see games or don't watch games sometimes see their teams get better. I think what led to the Rockets' downfall was James Harden seemingly caring more about not winning the MVP rather than helping his team to win a championship. I still think a pivotal point of the HOU/GS series was not calling a timeout or setting up a proper shot in Game 2 of that series. While I may or may not like certain teammates, I do defend my team. If it took nearly forever for Golden State to win another title, I'm hopeful the Houston Rockets can win their third championship one season.

Among other teams, I felt for teams like Oklahoma City, Chicago, and Phoenix. Same goes for the likes of Atlanta and Toronto. What I thought was a terrible moment was when Julius Randle played on Opening Day for the Lakers against my Rockets and ended up being injured and out for the season. Nothing sucks more than to play your first-ever game in the pros and be out with a season-ending injury.

Besides on-court action, what was mostly forgotten was that experimental preseason game played as a 44-minute game as opposed to a 48 minute game. I even recall speculating a shortened season. Playing every team at home and on the road- 58 games. Another home-road mix for your division opponents- 8 games, total of 64 games. Envisioning a shortened season would be great in getting rid of something like so many back-to-backs in the regular season.

Anyone else want to share thoughts on this past season?

A few random musings of mine are coming up...

* Yeah, the Thunder were subdued this season mostly to injuries. Certainly the best highlight for OKC was Russell Westbrook just going nuts- recording four straight triple-doubles this season. Westbrook is quite a beast.

* Maybe the most memorable moment for me this season was when the San Antonio Spurs played two back-to-back triple overtime games. What was even more bizarre was that after the second triple-overtime game, San Antonio had to play at McLaren's Dallas Mavericks as part of a back-to-back. San Antonio lost both back-to-back triple OT games in that stretch. That's two 63-minute games played by the Spurs totalling about 126 total minutes of basketball. That's almost as long as most movies!

* Another memorable sort of moment to me was the chippy game between DCybertron's Phoenix Suns at Omnis' Miami Heat game. If Hassan Whiteside of MIA decides to give up basketball, he has a pretty nice future in MMA fighting based on that takedown Whiteside delivered late in the game after getting swung around a bit by PHX's Alex Len. On a serious note, Whiteside is very much a star of the future. This guy surely has talent.

* Staying with the Heat, I still recall that game with the Miami Heat at the Milwaukee Bucks. With only one second left in the game, Khris Middleton (in baseball speak) went walk-off hitting a game-winning, buzzer-beating three to ice the Heat 89-88.

* I was able to better spell and pronounce Kostas Papanikolaou of my Houston Rockets. He's a quite good, if not underutilized player for the Rockets. Some call him "The Big Papa" I didn't know he was still healthy during one game late in the 2014-2015 playoffs. I know we lost Donatas Motiejunas (D-Mo) heading into the playoffs, but I didn't know we still had Papanikolaou.

* As for this musing, I'll let the video speak for itself:

Wow.

Got to love basketball, folks.

* Yeah, the Thunder were subdued this season mostly to injuries. Certainly the best highlight for OKC was Russell Westbrook just going nuts- recording four straight triple-doubles this season. Westbrook is quite a beast.

Watching Westbrook going HAM was quite awesome and he was pretty much unstoppable. Unfortunately, there was not really anyone else to help him out because of the injuries. It was tough to watch the playoffs because a healthy Thunder team would have been able to play with anyone this year.

* As for this musing, I'll let the video speak for itself:

Wow.

Got to love basketball, folks.

I was at that game and had a near perfect view for it. All I could do was laugh.

Last edited:
Some of the most memorable moments for me were:
- The rise of Joe Ingles, Aron Baynes and Matty Dellavedova into respected, capable roll players
- The Bucks vs Raptors game which turned in to a total blowout which saw Bruno Caboclo get his first reasonable minutes, in which he did pretty well considering. Gotta love those feel-good games.
- Dante Exum being a part of the NBA and making strides in his game.
- Andrew Bogut winning an NBA championship.

I agree with @Paulie with Aussies in the NBA getting reps this year, happy that all of them had profound success this past season :)

Whilst for my Pellies, injuries did suck although we made the playoffs.

AD also becoming a top player in the NBA and the way he's progressing I'm very excited for next year :D

Just hope he stays in the area after his rookie contract is up.

I agree with @Paulie with Aussies in the NBA getting reps this year, happy that all of them had profound success this past season :)

Best time in history to be an Aussie basketball fan.👍 Really looking forward to seeing what Simmons and to a lesser extent Maker are capable of. I really hope my computer stops being a douche so I can watch Summer League with Exum and any other Aussies, plus the Raptors of course.:)

Best time in history to be an Aussie basketball fan.👍 Really looking forward to seeing what Simmons and to a lesser extent Maker are capable of. I really hope my computer stops being a douche so I can watch Summer League with Exum and any other Aussies, plus the Raptors of course.:)

So true, shame that Bairstow didn't get more time with the Bulls but with a change of HC hopefully he can turn into a solid role players as well.

I've heard we have a few good prospects coming up in future drafts to come, go aussies :lol:

So true, shame that Bairstow didn't get more time with the Bulls but with a change of HC hopefully he can turn into a solid role players as well.

I've heard we have a few good prospects coming up in future drafts to come, go aussies :lol:

Yeah, Bairstow was a victim of being on a good team with an established presence. I think he could make a good role player in the right circumstance, not sure that circumstance is the Bulls.

@a6m5, there's a report going around saying your ol' boy Oden is planning on attending our training camp next week. He looking to reunite? :D
medium_greg-oden-lamarcus-aldridge.jpg

@Stavingo, got a video of Ben Simmons working out at LSU, in case you're interested.

@a6m5, there's a report going around saying your ol' boy Oden is planning on attending our training camp next week. He looking to reunite? :D
medium_greg-oden-lamarcus-aldridge.jpg

I thought Oden went to jail or some crap.:odd:

If you guys get LaMarcus, you deserve to have Oden. As a punishment.

I hate to be mean, I don't think Greg Oden is a bad kid(... kid? :odd: ). If he wants to get his act back together, I wish him the best. Best case scenario though, I hope you guys get Oden & we keep LaMarcus.

:P

I hate to be mean, I don't think Greg Oden is a bad kid(... kid? :odd: ). If he wants to get his act back together, I wish him the best. Best case scenario though, I hope you guys get Oden & we keep LaMarcus.

Hmm, wasn't his crime wife/girlfriend beating or something? Sounds like he's fairly disturbed given his past, I used to support his comeback but I'm not sure these days.

Edit: I just read the Raptors will get the worse of the two picks between the Knicks and Nuggets in next year's draft. Since they both figure to possibly be quite bad, here's hoping they get Simmons or Thon Maker next year.:lol: Thon Maker is quite a realistic outlook actually, a mobile 7 footer who can shoot 3's playing beside Valanciunas would be excellent. A prominent Aussie on the Raptors would be a dream come true for me.:P

Hmm, wasn't his crime wife/girlfriend beating or something? Sounds like he's fairly disturbed given his past, I used to support his comeback but I'm not sure these days.
I'll be honest, I never read the story. At the same time, I didn't expect anyone to come out with a straight story either.

By our observation, guy was a gentle giant when he was in Portland. He did have problem with alcohol, but from what Portlands fan saw from the time he was here, it's totally out of his character to hit a girl, and I can't help but to believe that there is more to the story. Yes, all I read was the headline. So sorry. Probably brainwashed by Bill Burr. :P

Language Warning:

For the record, video is a comedy!

Ben Simmons looks solid

Keen for the draft though even though Pellies have no picks :lol:

Damn can't wait for that Eric Gordon contract to come off our books this year

I don't think anything will come of it, to be honest. While he's not old for a player, he's definitely not going to be a first or second string big man for us because of his health issues. The only role I can see him having is already taken by Bernard James, Dwight Powell, & Greg Smith as our back up bigs.

Back