NBA: 2018-2019 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 272 comments
Well, we spoiled the first home start for LeBron James as a Laker by winning 124-115. I figured people would probably be brownnosing Bron Bron as usual. A fight broke out in the 4th Quarter as Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul III, and Brandon Ingram were all involved. It was nuts, but all that mattered was that my Rockets won. We're on a back-to-back to meet Los Angeles' other team tomorrow night at Staples Center.

It's fascinating, since now I have to watch Lakers games, the poison of fandom in a huge city market. It seems like the expectation Lakers fans had for Lebron after the fight broke out was to run over and start throwing haymakers at Chris Paul; someone who is a very close friend of his. I saw something similar last year in that game Marshawn Lynch got ejected from, but I just figured that was Oakland fans being Oakland fans.

The Houston Rockets seem doomed without some of their big players missing from the lineup. James Harden had to leave the game last night against the Utah Jazz. Rockets season so far:

* NO at HOU: (131-112; New Orleans)
* HOU at LAL: (124-115; Houston)
* HOU at LAC: (115-112; Los Angeles Clippers)
* UTA at HOU: (100-89; Utah)

Maybe these guys just need to have their players back to have a better record. Oh, and let's not forget executing better.

Finally, Lakers Nation can breathe and be happy as the Los Angeles Lakers finally win a game. The Lakers smacked the daylights out of Phoenix with a 131-113 victory in Phoenix last night. So this is LeBron finally knocking down a win as a Laker.

Tonight, this is what your Thursday night of NBA basketball looks like this Thursday:

* CLE Cavaliers at DET Pistons <<< DET is undefeated (3-0)
* POR Trail Blazers at ORL Magic
* BOS Celtics at OKC Thunder (NBA on TNT) <<< OKC is winless (0-3)
* DEN Nuggets at LAL Lakers (NBA on TNT) <<< DEN is undefeated (4-0)

I hope you get to enjoy tonight's action.

Does your team need a new head coach? Well guess who's on the market- Tyronn Lue! The Cleveland Cavaliers canned Lue upon the team's 0-6 start to the 2018-2019 season according to reports. So Lue is on the market.

At least my Rockets, who are having a sorry season so far, managed to win at least one game, unlike Cleveland. I hope your favorite NBA team(s) is/are doing well.

Does your team need a new head coach? Well guess who's on the market- Tyronn Lue! The Cleveland Cavaliers canned Lue upon the team's 0-6 start to the 2018-2019 season according to reports. So Lue is on the market.

At least my Rockets, who are having a sorry season so far, managed to win at least one game, unlike Cleveland. I hope your favorite NBA team(s) is/are doing well.
I wonder how they've managed to kept Lue for two years as a Head Coach in that team. My best guess would be is that LBJ's influence to the team's GM is so great, he would tell him that firing Lue shouldn't be an option as long as he's still playing for the team.

Now that LBJ is gone, they're gonna start on rebuilding this season again but who's gonna give a damn about Lue's ass this time? No one, I bet. Not even the GM himself.

I think Lue is an inferior coach, IMHO. His name just sounds as if he rose up the ranks, because LeBron's contributions to the team is so great, that Lue would even receive credit from others when he's actually not that competent after all. They should have fired him in the first place before the start of the last season. Who knows what the Cavs would've gotten if they were playing with a much better, sensible coach that last season.

Last edited:
It is damned sad watching the 2018-2019 Houston Rockets. Stuck on one win and almost no swagger or carryover from any past Rockets teams. I know we are without James Harden and some other players. Still, this is NOT the Rockets of old. This is not the Rockets who can beat Golden State. Basically, it is just another NBA team with no hope of being champions or being among the powerhouse teams. Just depressing to watch. Latest game was another fail- losing 104-85 to the Portland Trail Blazers. What the 🤬 is wrong with the Rockets?

Up next for Houston is a five-game road trip: at Nets, at Bulls, at Indiana, at Thunder (NBA on TNT), and at Spurs. We may damn well lose all five of those games the way this stretch is going.

Wow. Cavs just won their first game this season after they fired that sloth Lue. I hope the situation gets better for them as they rebuild even without their superstar for the first time since 2014.

How to be a teammate, and how NOT to be a teammate. The toxic Jimmy Butler didn't play for the Minnesota Timberwolves last night, but Derrick Rose did. Not only did D-Rose play, he put on an epic career-high 50-point performance to lift Minnesota over the visiting Utah Jazz 128-125.

It's early, but here is a look at how the NBA teams are fairing so far...

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
ATLANTIC: Toronto (7-1), BOS (5-2), PHI (4-4), BKN (3-5), NY (2-6)
CENTRAL: Milwaukee (7-0), IND (5-3), DET (4-3), CHI (2-6), CLE (1-6)
SOUTHEAST: Charlotte (4-4), MIA (3-4), ORL and ATL (2-5 each), WAS (1-6)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFFS: MIL, TOR, BOS, IND, DET, PHI, CHA, MIA

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
PACIFIC: Golden State (8-1), SAC (5-3), LAC (4-3), LAL (3-5), PHX (1-6)
SOUTHWEST: San Antonio (5-2), MEM (4-2), NO (4-3), DAL (2-6), HOU (1-5)
NORTHWEST: Denver (6-1), POR (5-2), UTA (4-3), MIN (4-4), OKC (2-4)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFFS: GS, DEN, POR, SA, MEM, SAC, UTA, NO

If you want NBA action to start the month of November 2018, they are giving you six games for your enjoyment. And here they are:

* DEN Nuggets at CLE Cavaliers
* LAC Clippers at PHI 76ers
* OKC Thunder at CHA Hornets
* SAC Kings at ATL Hawks
* MIL Bucks at BOS Celtics (NBA on TNT)
* NO Pelicans at POR Trail Blazers (NBA on TNT)

Enjoy tonight's action!

Good luck to all of your favorite teams.

The Houston Rockets remembered how to win. Back-to-back wins even! We are now 3-5 after doing a back-to-back in this five-game road tour that took us to Brooklyn and Chicago. On Friday, Houston won 119-111 at Brooklyn. The game in Chicago was a 96-88 win. I was very pleased with Houston's defense in the Chicago game. Plus, it helped the Rockets' cause that Chicago scored only seven points in the 3rd Quarter- the second lowest number of points scored in any quarter in team history. It also helped that James Harden played after being injured. However, it was Carmelo Anthony that was most baller in the Chicago game. Undefeated so far in November (2-0)!

Three wins in a row for the Houston Rockets now after dispatching the Indiana Pacers 98-94. This one wasn't really a vintage Rockets beatdown, but it was a solid and consistent performance against a very game Pacers squad. Up next is a Thursday Night match at the Oklahoma City Thunder. Oklahoma City beat New Orleans 122-116 last night in OKC, but it was bitter sweet as Russell Westbrook sprained his ankle in that game.

Heading into tonight's four games, only Toronto and Golden State have double-digit wins (10-1 each). Neither team, however, is playing tonight. Also not playing tonight is the team currently with the worst record- the 1-9 Cleveland Cavaliers.

How are your teams doing?

May I interest you in some basketball, ladies and gentlemen of GTPlanet? If so, good! This Thursday night of NBA action looks like this:

* HOU Rockets at OKC Thunder (NBA on TNT)
* BOS Celtics at PHX Suns
* LAC Clippers at POR Trail Blazers
* MIL Bucks at GS Warriors (NBA on TNT)

Go enjoy some NBA basketball tonight!

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! The Houston Rockets knocked off the Indiana Pacers tonight in Houston 115-103. We hung about 70 on the boys from Indy as the Rockets remembered just who the heck they are playing beast. The Rockets didn't really take off (no pun intended) until about the 2nd Quarter. The 2018-2019 Rockets will be better as long as they can execute better on offense and get over any poor scoring nights.

Congratulations to all other winners from tonight's games.

Some believe Carmelo Anthony's time with the Houston Rockets, though very early in the season, may be up. Not sure how things will end up with Melo the rest of the way. All I do know is that he will face one of his former teams tonight- the Denver Nuggets. Rockets at Nuggets is one of three games tonight. The other two are Charlotte Hornets at the Cleveland Cavaliers (CLE is 1-11 heading into tonight) and the Atlanta Hawks at Golden State.

It is said that LeBron James passed Wilt Chamberlain for 5th all-time in NBA scoring. Congratulations to King James. Three games on tonight for your viewing pleasure. This is what your Thursday night of NBA basketball looks like tonight.

* HOU Rockets at GS Warriors (NBA on TNT)
* ATL Hawks at DEN Nuggets
* SA Spurs at LAC Clippers (NBA on TNT)

Also, can you believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving? Anyhow, enjoy some hoops tonight.

Yes- it's official. The Houston Rockets and Carmelo Anthony have parted ways recently. Best of luck to 'Melo wherever he goes next- even if he retires (as former Houston Rocket Tracy McGrady suggested).

Yes- it's official. The Houston Rockets and Carmelo Anthony have parted ways recently. Best of luck to 'Melo wherever he goes next- even if he retires (as former Houston Rocket Tracy McGrady suggested).
Houston just rehired Jeff Bzdelik back as their defensive coach, convincing him to return from a very short retirement. Bzdelik was Carmelo's very first coach with Denver and it's been said they didn't get along at all. Given Carmelo's poor defense in the latter stages of his career, it doesn't seem by coincidence that Bzdelik may have had a hand in the ownership deciding to part ways.

The Milwaukee Bucks should put up a solid fight in the East this season. No Bucks basketball tonight, but they are doing pretty well. The Bucks are currently 11-4 and leading the Central Division of the Eastern Conference.

My Houston Rockets, meanwhile, are going to host the Sacramento Kings at Toyota Center. McLaren's Dallas Mavericks are going to host the big, bad Golden State Warriors up in Big D. The Toronto Raptors will pay a visit to the Chicago Bulls over in Chi-Town. Whatever games interest you tonight, enjoy the action! And hopefully your favorite team wins should they be playing tonight.

Go Bucks, spanked the Bulls yesterday with a huge rally in the 2nd half
Mark Cuban passing on Giannis is up there as one of the dumbest things he's ever done. :dunce: That kid is a beast. I love that he doesn't want to be compared to LeBron or Durant, he wants someone to keep chasing after.
The Milwaukee Bucks should put up a solid fight in the East this season. No Bucks basketball tonight, but they are doing pretty well. The Bucks are currently 11-4 and leading the Central Division of the Eastern Conference.

My Houston Rockets, meanwhile, are going to host the Sacramento Kings at Toyota Center. McLaren's Dallas Mavericks are going to host the big, bad Golden State Warriors up in Big D. The Toronto Raptors will pay a visit to the Chicago Bulls over in Chi-Town. Whatever games interest you tonight, enjoy the action! And hopefully your favorite team wins should they be playing tonight.
The Warriors look lost without Curry running the offense. I find it amazing that a 2-time FMVP and regular season MVP can't carry this team with Klay & Green.

This is old news as I've been silent about the NBA, but I been meaning to say that Kyle Korver was traded from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Utah Jazz. I think this will make the Jazz just a touch more dangerous. Korver can still stroke the three-point shot. Cleveland, in return, will get G Alec Burks and two 2nd Round draft picks.

Meanwhile, my Houston Rockets smashed the San Antonio Spurs 136-105 in San Antonio. The Rockets needed this one because they were riding a four-game losing streak. This season's Rockets nowhere near the powerhouse program they were last season. The Rockets can pull to .500 if they can defeat the Chicago Bulls tonight here in Houston.

So how do you all like the 2018-2019 NBA season so far? How are your teams doing?

Fred Hoiberg got 86ed from Chicago as the Bulls are currently 5-19 on the season. Jim Boylen is now the head coach of the Chicago Bulls.

Here is a look at the standings so far this NBA season. Find your favorite team(s):

ATLANTIC: Toronto (20-4), PHI (17-8), BOS (13-10), BKN and NY (8-16 each)
CENTRAL: Milwaukee (15-7), DET (13-7), IND (13-10), CHI (5-19), CLE (4-18)
SOUTHEAST: Charlotte and Orlando (11-12 each), MIA (9-13), WAS (9-14), ATL (5-18)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFFS (TOP 8): Toronto, MIL, PHI, DET, IND, BOS, CHA, ORL

PACIFIC: Los Angeles Clippers (15-7), GS (15-9), LAL (14-9), SAC (11-11), PHX (4-19)
SOUTHWEST: Memphis (13-9), DAL (11-10), NO (12-12), HOU (11-11), SA (11-12)
NORTHWEST: Denver (15-7), OKC (14-7), POR (13-10), MIN (11-12), UTA (11-13)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFFS (TOP 8): Denver, LAC, OKC, GS, LAL, MEM, POR, DAL

There is still a long way to go and a lot of season left to be played out. So bounce back if failing, keep up the good work if successful!

The Jazz are looking awful. It's been hard to watch them the past couple of their games. At least Detroit is cranking this year, which was unexpected.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the Houston Rockets. Maybe for once it's good there is more parity in the Western Conference, but the Rockets have underachieved like mad. Narrowly losing at Dallas capped off a winless three-game road trip. This team is much better than the horribly inconsistent performance they are putting up in games. What happened to the Rockets team that can keep pace with Golden State? I know it's still early, but things have GOT to improve before they find themselves in a hole too deep to dig out of. By the way... I take nothing away from the Dallas Mavericks, and that Luka Doncic dude is the absolute truth.

Houston is currently 11-14 heading into tonight's game hosting Portland. They are dead last in the Southwest Division. And here's something scary- Houston is next-to-last in the Western Conference playoff standings only ahead of 4-23 Phoenix. Yikes! Thankfully, at least the Rockets aren't like the Chicago Bulls, who lost at home 133-77 this past Saturday against Boston.

And the 2018-2019 NBA season continues...

The Phoenix Suns are currently 5-24 on the 2018-2019 NBA season so far- the worst record in the league. If you follow my NHL chatter, I mentioned the Arizona Coyotes could possibly relocate, even as Tilman Fertitta (Houston Rockets owner) reached out to the Arizona Coyotes. Well, the arena situation also impacts the Phoenix Suns as much as it does the NHL's Arizona Coyotes. The Suns were apparently rumored they would relocate to Seattle or Las Vegas if their arena doesn't get any upgrades or whatever. I know this season has been tough so far for the Suns, but I would hate to imagine the Phoenix Suns relocating elsewhere.

How are your favorite teams doing so far? We're a week away from Christmas, and you all know there will be plenty of basketball on Christmas. That even includes my Rockets hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder next Tuesday.

Hope the season's going well for you all! That is... unless you happen to be the Phoenix Suns or somebody. Good luck to all of your favorite teams regardless.

A new record for made three-pointers for a team was set tonight as the Houston Rockets cashed in 26 3-pointers in their 136-118 rout of the Washington Wizards. Michael Carter-Williams knocked down the 26th made 3-pointer for the Rockets late in the 4th Quarter. The Rockets are obviously celebrating their victory, but we are on a back-to-back that takes us to the Miami Heat tomorrow night. More importantly, the Rockets are now two games over .500 after such a slow start. Now 16-14, I think we are now.

Congratulations to all other winners from tonight. Better luck next time to all losers from tonight.

Merry Christmas!

If the gift you want is basketball, the NBA has you covered! Here is today's and tonight's schedule:

* MIL Bucks at NY Knicks
* OKC Thunder at HOU Rockets
* PHI 76erss at BOS Celtics
* LAL Lakers at GS Warriors
* POR Trail Blazers at UTA Jazz

Here's something I heard- did you know the Bucks are playing on Christmas Day for the first time since 1977? Enjoy Christmas NBA basketball, folks.

Happy 34th Birthday LBJ!

images

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

There are five games slated for New Year's Day. But before we get to those games, here is your Standings Update. Let's see how each team will start 2019. Find your favorite team(s):

ATLANTIC: Toronto (27-11), PHI (23-24), BOS (21-15), BKN (17-21), NY (9-28)
CENTRAL: Milwaukee (25-10), IND (25-12), DET (16-18), CHI (10-27), CLE (8-29)
SOUTHEAST: Charlotte (18-18), MIA (17-18), ORL (16-20), WAS (14-23), ATL (11-25)
CURRENT TOP 8 EAST: MIL, TOR, IND, PHI, BOS, CHA, MIA, DET

PACIFIC: Golden State (25-13), LAC (21-15), LAL (21-16), SAC (19-17), PHX (9-29)
SOUTHWEST: Houston (21-15), SA (21-17), MEM (18-18), DAL (17-19), NO (17-21)
NORTHWEST: Denver (23-11), OKC (23-13), POR (21-16), UTA (18-19), MIN (17-20)
CURRENT TOP 8 WEST: DEN, GS, OKC, LAC, HOU, LAL, POR, SA

The 2018 part of the season is over. I hope your favorite team(s) make good and do good in 2019. Enjoy the remainder of the season and good luck!

James Harden unreal, and well deserved. These refs couldn't be more trash. Ibaka got T'd up earlier tonight for waving his hand; Green throws tantrum after tantrum after tantrum and nothing. Durant saves a ball while out of bounds in front of a ref. And Harden hits game-winning three and no foul called for the And 1 to put it away.

Insane game. Well done to your Rockets @JohnBM01.

Back