NBA: 2021-2022 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 52 comments
The NBA Trade Deadline has passed some time ago. James Harden was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers with Ben Simmons. Brooklyn will also get Seth Curry, Andre Drummond, and two first-round draft picks. Harden also reunites with former Rockets coach Daryl Morey. The Brooklyn Nets have lost nine straight games and currently stand at 29-25, fourth in the Atlantic Division; and they are also currently 8th in the Eastern Conference standings.

As for my last-place-in-the-West Houston Rockets traded Daniel Theiss to Boston. In return, they get Dennis Schroder, Enes Freedom, and Bruno Fernando. Houston is last in the Southwest Division and dead last in the Western Conference standings at present. They have lost three straight games at present and stand at 15-39 on the 2021-2022 season. They play the Toronto Raptors tonight here in Houston.

Last edited:
The 2021-2022 NBA All-Star Game is this weekend in Cleveland. Before the ASG happens, here is an update on my Houston Rockets...

The Houston Rockets will enter this weekend's All-Star Break with a 15-43 record. This is the worst record in the Western Conference, and Houston is dead last in the Southwest Division. Only the Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic have worse records, both with 13 wins each. The Detroit Pistons are 13-45, and the Orlando Magic are 13-47. They have lost seven straight games, including their most recent fail at the Los Angeles Clippers, losing 142-111. They are currently 22nd in field goal percentage at 45.1 FG%, 22nd in 3-point field goals at 34.3% points from deep, 19th in the league in points per game with 118 points, and 29th in total rebounds with 42.3 rebounds per game. (Stats source: Yahoo! Sports)

Simply put, this is one of the worst seasons in Houston Rockets history in a long time. Hopefully your favorite team(s) is/are doing much better than mine.

The 2022 NBA All-Star Game in Cleveland, Ohio was won by Team LeBron over Team Durant 163-160.

The NBA doesn't go back to work until this Thursday. In the meanwhile, here is a look at how the teams of the National Basketball Association are doing heading into the resumption of this season. Find your favorite team(s) here:

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE (as of: February 21, 2022) ---
ATLANTIC: Philadelphia (35-23), BOS (34-26), TOR (32-25), BKN (31-28), NY (25-34)
CENTRAL: Chicago (38-21), CLE (35-23), MIL (36-24), IND (20-40), DET (13-45)
SOUTHEAST: Miami (38-21), CHA (29-31), ATL (28-30), WAS (27-31), ORL (13-47)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFFS (play-in teams in braces): MIA, CHI, PHI, CLE, MIL, BOS, {TOR, BKN, CHA, ATL}

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE (as of: February 21, 2022) ---
PACIFIC: Phoenix (48-10), GS (42-17), LAC (30-31), LAL (27-31), SAC (22-38)
SOUTHWEST: Memphis (41-19), DAL (35-24), SA (23-36), NO (23-36), HOU (15-43)
NORTHWEST: Utah (36-22), DEN (33-25), MIN (31-28), POR (25-34), OKC (18-40)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFFS (play-in teams in braces): PHX, GS, MEM, UTA, DAL, DEN, {MIN, LAC, LAL, POR}

There is still a ways to go this season, but keep on playing! Hopefully your favorite team(s) is/are doing well so far. Enjoy the rest of the season!

It is time to see how the teams of the National Basketball Association are doing. You know, we are nearing the point of figuring out the individual playoff teams will be. Check to see where your favorite team(s) lie with this Standings Update:

--- Eastern Conference Standings Update (as of: March 3, 2022) ---
ATLANTIC: Philadelphia (38-23), BOS (37-27), TOR (34-27), BKN (32-31), NY (25-37)
CENTRAL: Chicago (39-27), MIL (38-25), CLE (36-26), IND (22-42), DET (15-47)
SOUTHEAST: Miami (41-22), CHA (31-33), ATL (29-32), WAS (28-33), ORL (15-48)
CURRENT EAST PLAYOFF (play-in teams in parentheses): MIA, CHI, PHI, MIL, CLE, BOS, (TOR, BKN, CHA, ATL)

--- Western Conference Standings Update (as of: March 3, 2022) ---
PACIFIC: Phoenix (50-12), GS (43-19), LAC (31-31), LAL (27-34), SAC (23-41)
SOUTHWEST: Memphis (43-20), DAL (37-25), NO (26-36), SA (24-38), HOU (15-47)
NORTHWEST: Utah (39-22), DEN (36-26), MIN (34-29), POR (25-37), OKC (20-42)
CURRENT WEST PLAYOFF (play-in teams in parentheses): PHX, GS, MEM, UTA, DAL, DEN, (MIN, LAC, LAL, NO)

As you can tell, I'm a pretty disappointed NBA fan with my sorry Houston Rockets having the worst record in the West. Thankfully, the Orlando Magic are reminding us we're not the worst team in the league at present. Oh- and did I mention my Rockets have now lost 11 straight games? Amazing that the Phoenix Suns are the first team to 50 wins at this point. Hopefully your favorite team(s) is/are doing better as the postseason picture becomes clearer going through this month.

That's all. Now go enjoy some more NBA basketball, GTPlanet!

ROCKETS WIN!!!

No- this is NOT a drill! The Houston Rockets now improved to 16-48 after downing the visiting (and Southwest Division leading) Memphis Grizzlies 123-112. Houston snaps its 12-game losing streak. ABOUT. TIME.

Last edited:
This past Friday, Gregg Popovich became the all-time winningest coach in NBA history, when the San Antonio Spurs defeated the Utah Jazz. That win marked G. Popovich's 1,336th win as a head coach of the San Antonio Spurs. As much as I am a Houston Rockets fan, and while Rockets fans normally are against the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs, I have tremendous respect for Gregg Popovich including the San Antonio Spurs. Congratulations to Gregg Popovich on all of his successes.

Now... (sigh) my Houston Rockets. The 2021-2022 Houston Rockets have the worst record in the NBA. They had the worst record even heading into last night's game at the New Orleans Pelicans 130-105. Losing last night dropped the Rockets to 17-51. They will have the top draft pick for next season if this futility continues. This has been the most pathetic season for the Rockets since I first followed the Rockets since 2002-2003 (and also remembering watching the 1994 and 1995 championship season).

Rather than show the standings, here are all the teams currently IN the playoffs:

(! = clinched division, !! = clinched home court advantage)

--- CURRENT EAST TEAMS IN PLAYOFFS (as of April 3, 2022) ---
  • Miami!
  • Boston
  • Milwaukee

--- CURRENT WEST TEAMS IN PLAYOFFS (as of April 3, 2022) ---
  • Phoenix!!
  • Memphis!
  • Golden State
  • Dallas

More teams will be filled in as the season draws near a close. Keep playing hard if your team still has a chance to make the postseason (even if in the Play-in Tournament)!

The 2021-2022 season is officially over for the Houston Rockets. We finished the season with the league's worst record- 20-62. Greatest of shames as this team continues to rebuild after James Harden wanted out along with Russell Westbrook. Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr. really seem to be the future of this team. However, it doesn't escape the fact that this is one of the worst seasons in Rockets history. Only saving grace is that at least this wasn't the 1981-1982 season, where we won only 14 games that season. We'll be watching the playoffs instead of being in them. So maybe my Rockets and the Lakers and others will watch together, wondering what could have been. I can only hope maybe the Rockets be like the Houston Astros in the sense of enduring horrible seasons before eventually turning things around and [hopefully] becoming champions.

The latest fail by the Rockets was a 130-114 loss at home to the Atlanta Braves. J. Green had a career high 41 points, and Kevin Porter Jr. had about 26 points. That's eight 30+ point games by J. Green. Only Ralph Sampson and Hakeem Olajuwon had more 30+ point games as rookies (nine each).

Up next for the Houston Rockets... the NBA Draft Lottery! Hoping we don't have a season like this ever again (or worse).

Anyhow, whomever wins the NBA Championship this season, congratulations. Sure as heck won't be my Rockets hoisting the O'Brien Trophy.

I'm just hoping that Miami doesn't meet Brooklyn in the playoffs.

I can't wait for Utah to beat Dallas and all of us get super excited only for them to disappoint the hell out of everyone in the second round. This is the way if you're a Utah fan.

Right now, my money is on the Bucks to win it.

We have reached Playoffs time! Here are this season's contenders:

--- 2021-2022 PLAYOFF TEAMS: EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
1: Miami
2: Milwaukee
3: Boston
4: Philadelphia
5: Toronto
6: Chicago
~
7: Brooklyn
8: Cleveland
9: Atlanta
10: Charlotte

--- 2021-2022 PLAYOFF TEAMS: WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
1: Phoenix
2: Memphis
3: Golden State
4: Dallas
5: Utah
6: Denver
~
7: Minnesota
8: Los Angeles Clippers
9: New Orleans
10: San Antonio

Remember that teams 7th and Lower must play their way into the Playoffs. They are in, but their playoff lives may last a grand total of only one day if they fail to advance in the Play-In Tournament.

The winning two teams will play in the NBA Finals to hoist up the O'Brien Trophy and the honor of being declared champions of the 2021-2022 NBA Season. Who will triumph? The road begins tomorrow!

I can't wait for Utah to beat Dallas and all of us get super excited only for them to disappoint the hell out of everyone in the second round. This is the way if you're a Utah fan.

Right now, my money is on the Bucks to win it.
Now you listen here, you. We're gonna take you to Game 5, probably 6 and win. And if you're lucky, we won't actually try to trade for Rudy in the off-season like some predict.

The Play-in matches are over. Now begins the proper Playoff play. Enjoy the action!

joker unlucky to play with mpj and murray missing.. quite such a sad sight for the mvp frontrunner.

how TH are they supposed to win against the reformed warriors that has jordan poole acting like the third splash bro? only time will tell.

and phoenix losing to a severe underdog team like new orleans is something that doesn't make sense either...

The Brooklyn Nets are DONE. They got swept by the Boston Celtics. One person even thought of the 2021-2022 Brooklyn Nets like the 2021-2022 Los Angeles Lakers of the East. The Nets really got to sort their mess after an unfulfilling season.

The O'Brien Trophy will be played for in the winners of the Conference Finals series. Here are the series to come:

• EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS: BOS Celtics vs. Miami Heat
  • WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS: DAL Mavericks vs. Golden State

The winners of these series will meet in the NBA Finals for the 2021-2022 season. Enjoy the Conference Finals!

Will we have a Heat vs. Warriors NBA Finals, or will we have a Celtics vs. Warriors NBA Finals? GAME 7 is tonight in Miami as the Celtics meet the Heat one last time this season. Winner goes to the NBA Finals; loser is done.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our NBA Finals for the 2021-2022 season! By virtue of their 100-96 victory in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat, the Golden State Warriors will meet... the Boston Celtics. So the O'Brien Trophy will go to either the Boston Celtics or the Golden State Warriors in this seven-game series. Who will win? We will find out as the Finals begin soon!

Congratulations to both Golden State and Boston. Enjoy the NBA Finals, GTPlanet!

So stoked the C's made it by Miami by the skin of their teeth. Pretty sure it will be Dubs in 5 though : /

Jerome

Warriors. Celtics. NBA Finals. The madness begins TONIGHT! Who will be the champions of the NBA? We shall see in this best-of-seven series.

Enjoy the NBA Finals if you will be watching or following!

Wow, dubs are champions once again.

A modern dynasty pioneered by steve kerr.. And so lucky with 7x finalist andre iguodala back on the team...

Indeed. With the Warriors defeating the Celtics in six games last night, another season of NBA basketball concludes. All congratulations to Golden State on their triumph. Now get ready for the other 29 teams to go for your championship next season, Warriors! And hopefully, my Houston Rockets better not have the worst record in the NBA again or have a worse record than our 20-62 record...

Look back on the season if you wish! Tell us your thoughts on this season and what you look forward to next season.

[OMISSION] Christian Wood got traded from the Rockets to the Dallas Mavericks yesterday.

Back