• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 9 comments

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Whereas COVID-19/Coronavirus tried to pull an ankle breaker on the 2020-2021 season, we still had a fairly decent season of NBA basketball. I decided I release the new season's thread with the NBA Draft looming later tonight.

The team to beat this season is the Milwaukee Bucks. Can any team challenge the likes of the Bucks with the Greek Freak, Giannis Antetokounmpo? Can my Houston Rockets be MUCH better than their pathetic 15-win season? How will the NBA progress despite this pandemic we are living in? These questions and more will be answered in another quest to hoist the O'Brien Trophy at season's end. GTPlaneteers, this is the thread for the 2021-2022 season of NBA basketball! Welcome!

Let's tip off the upcoming season proper with this thread. You ready? GO!

Spacegoat

Really?
Premium
Australia
Corneria City
Orbital_Goat
Big congrats to Josh Giddey, who was selected 6th overall by OKC. Coincidently, he's the sixth ever Australian player to be drafted inside the top ten.

Last edited:

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
So, do you Dallas Mavericks fans love Luka Doncic? Well, he'll be there for about five more years, since he signed a five-year max-extension deal of about $275M USD. L. Doncic is the truth. Hate to say it as a Rockets fan, but Dallas can only get better with L. Doncic.

As for my Rockets, we picked up Daniel Theis. We gave up Kelly Olynyk to the Detroit Pistons. I'm hoping this deal works out for the Houston Rockets in getting over their woeful 15-win season this past season.

The NBA is investigating the trade deals involving Lonzo Ball and Kyle Lowry. Not sure what happened there and how the two teams could be punished for these moves if under violation.

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
I would like to wish J.J. Redick the best in his retirement. He announced his retirement today. J.J. Redick was a beast of a player in college at Duke. He was a deadly three-point shooter in the NBA as well. His NBA service lasted 15 seasons and played for six different teams. He was drafted in 2006 by the Orlando Magic.

As for my Houston Rockets, we might as well be the "Rebuilding Rockets." John Wall is looking to be traded. Much like how I am not expecting much out of my Houston Texans in the NFL in the 2021 season, I am not expecting much out of the 2021-2022 Houston Rockets. I just hope we win more than 15 games (pandemic-limited or not).

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
A lot of NBA Preseason action is taking place to gear up for the 2021-2022 NBA season. Some teams have already played recently. Here are tonight's games:

• IND Pacers at NYK Knicks
  • CLE Cavaliers at CHI Bulls
  • WAS Wizards at HOU Rockets
  • MIL Bucks at MEM Grizzlies <<< MIL defending champions

Go enjoy some NBA basketball!

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
The Houston Rockets downed the Washington Wizards 125-119 in the 2021-2022 Preseason opener last night. The mindset of this new Rockets squad is to go with young, fresh talent. Kevin Porter Jr. scored the most points for Houston by putting up 25 points. Newcomer Jalen Green and Daniel Theis each got 12 points. This team will be so much different without James Harden and with John Wall going to be traded. A realistic longshot to me would be the Houston Rockets making the playoffs without going to the Play-In Tournament. But... we'll see how this younger and leaner Rockets squad will fare this upcoming season once their first regular season game happens at the Minnesota Timberwolves on October 20. This Rockets team will be devoid of any explosive offense, but I can see this team competing and keeping games close.

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
Well, GTPlaneteers, guess what tonight is?

BALL NIGHT!

That's right! The 2021-2022 National Basketball Association regular season begins in full anger starting tonight. The quest for the O'Brien Trophy begins with the intense 82-game grind featuring all of the NBA's teams. Can the successful teams from last season keep their form in the new season? Can the failing teams improve? Witness the players and teams deliver clutch shots, wicked dunks, fast breaks, transition defense, buzzer beaters, and occasional fouls... all the awesomeness only the NBA can provide. Here's the schedule for Opening Night tonight:

• BKN Nets at MIL Bucks <<< MIL - defending champions
  • GS Warriors at LAL Lakers

Enjoy not only tonight's action, but the 2021-2022 NBA season!

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
The Houston Rockets began their 2021-2022 campaign last night at the Minnesota Timberwolves. So far, so BAD for the rebuilding Rockets. T-Wolves stomped on the Rockets 124-106. Here's one stat i read- the Rockets have FIVE players 19 or younger on this squad. It will be a long season for the Houston Rockets. However, I am hopeful as to this team returning to being a contender. Keep good faith, Houston Rockets fans...

That's what I will be referring to the Houston Rockets the 2021-2022 season: the Rebuilding Rockets.

JohnBM01

johnbmarine.com
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
First win for the 2021-2022 Houston Rockets! On the same night Major League Baseball's Houston Astros won the American League pennant, the Rockets picked up a 124-91 victory hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Rockets begun this season with getting whacked at the Minnesota Timberwolves 124-106 back on Wednesday. We host the Boston Celtics next this Sunday.

I learned the Houston Rockets' slogan/hashtag this season is "#LightTheFuse." Hopefully they can light a fuse on being a contender again after getting their teeth knocked out last season.