NC Round: 12H Epilog Brno

• Thread starter AJ
  • 104 comments
It was a really fun drive out there: I was a bit sloppier than I hoped to be, but it was great to run with @Schmiggz for Team Turtle and invite some good friends @CaptTrueblood and @Henry Godfrey for a good challenge. I do want to extend an apology on our behalf to anyone who may have been involved in an incident with Henry, Trueblood, or myself. There were a couple cringe-worthy ones that were easily our fault.

Some good things about 12h Epilog on PCars:
  • The driving, even on the DS4, was a treat. It was very challenging to keep the consistency together (which I often failed to) but managing some good laps and duking it out on the track put smiles on everyone's faces in my camp.
  • The atmosphere was wonderful. The only thing that wasn't (which was an ingame problem, not stream related) were the strange engine noises from other cars as they passed by. Rain, Night Racing, and Camaraderie brought the spirit of Brno alive. The stream looked very fluid and visually pleasing as well
  • The Netcode (whatever you call it), while no revolution, is a good improvement over GT6's method. Except for one instance, I was able to see everyone with no issues and even when AJ got disconnected, the race was able to continue on, and he simply rejoined the lobby within a few minutes. I was upset to see a Red Flag come into play, but I was pleased with the performance of the game in general.
Some bad things about 12h Epilog on PCars:
  • The lack of a text chat function was sorely missed (by me at least. Some would rather use microphones instead). Some communications from the Race Director were lost in translation and while the party function we used worked well enough today, it would need a more capable replacement to accommodate bigger grids and to do justice to the work that Race Control must carry out.
  • The flagging system was interesting, though I have more negative feelings for it than positive. It is ambitious, well thought out, and uncanny; yet it still fails us in some regards. Blue flags seemed to come just a bit too late (though case by case incidents varied), Yellows seemed fine (except when we had to call them ourselves), but the whole system seemed slightly disjointed. Also hurt by the lack of text chat. Penalty system also broke the immersion slightly but not seriously, though it still allowed for some two wheel excursions off the track.
  • Stint Photos via PSN Message is great- unless you have a mixed or local team. In the midst of the race, I was unable to send team stint photos because someone else was busy driving. As a result, our photos for the last 5 hours of the race weren't posted until post race, hampering NERDS. I do like the ease of the screen captures though.
  • Certain bugs, such as where the car would either refuse to stop on pit lane or refuse to apply your pit strategy, surfaced for us. Not deal breakers, but something to look out for.
It was great to compete with you all and has my blood pumping again for the start of a new season!

Last edited:
I'll add my thanks to @AJ and all drivers and stewards involved. Was a lot of fun getting back amongst the GTPES regulars and in something completely new and fresh.
Even though I was on a DS4, it was still mega fun and as I've said in the feedback thread, proved be not all that far off class pace :).

@AJ what was the reason behind Team Australia's NC?

Big thanks also to @TDZdave for allowing me a seat in his team! Bring on the 2016 announcements!

I'll add my thanks to @AJ and all drivers and stewards involved. Was a lot of fun getting back amongst the GTPES regulars and in something completely new and fresh.
Even though I was on a DS4, it was still mega fun and as I've said in the feedback thread, proved be not all that far off class pace :).

Big thanks also to @TDZdave for allowing me a seat in his team! Bring on the 2016 announcements!

I believe our NC was because I was in pit lane when the checkered flag flew, I was good for fuel to the end but I remembered around 3 minutes past the hour that the race start was delayed 10 minutes, so its either that or in that hour I exceeded my driving limit of 65 minutes for that stint, which was also extremely marginal, trivial but marginal, I'm happy to move on, it was just a testing event after all,

@AJ, I'm definitely excited with the perspective of getting our awesome series on PCars and really looking forward it. What kind of plans are you cooking?

Car was in the pit lane when Chequered Flag fell and pit lane exit was closed. I think Dave just wanted to finish the season with some symmetry. :rolleyes:

@AJ, I'm definitely excited with the perspective of getting our awesome series on PCars and really looking forward it. What kind of plans are you cooking?

Nothing to announce at this time.

I believe our NC was because I was in pit lane when the checkered flag flew, I was good for fuel to the end but I remembered around 3 minutes past the hour that the race start was delayed 10 minutes, so its either that or in that hour I exceeded my driving limit of 65 minutes for that stint, which was also extremely marginal, trivial but marginal, I'm happy to move on, it was just a testing event after all,

AJ
Car was in the pit lane when Chequered Flag fell and pit lane exit was closed. I think Dave just wanted to finish the season with some symmetry. :rolleyes:
Ah I see, I didn't see the end of the stream so missed that. Was just curious as there weren't any control notices, which is fine :). Fair enough, just testing definitely :).

Back