Need best settings for Lancer evo VII GSR(J)

United States
None of your business
Does anyone have suspension setting for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR(J) that are for the pavement? i just need good handling overall, cuz without any changes it has severe understeer.

Understeer...oh yes...

I'm not gonna give you specific settings, i'll just drop some advice..and i'm assuming you've got a full-racing suspension, though my advice also works for sports & semi-racing suspensions...

Lower the front end. Keep it 10 to 20 mm lower than the rear.

Lower front dampers, stabilizers, and springs. I would have the dampers anywhere form 2/5 to 5/10...depending on which track you're at. Bumpy tracks like Seattle, Deep Forest, and Route 246 require lower settings and more ground clearance, so you can scramble over curbs, bumps, and other areas that can screw with your cornering--yet understeer will be diminished.

Stabilizers....anywhere from 2/4 to 4/7 (front/rear). Springs you have some leeway with in gT3. You can keep them near the stock settings (with front springs tighter than the rears), or you can have the rear ones be stronger, although i've noticed this makes some Lancers squirrely and oversteerish.

Hmmm..what else. Oh, there's the toe...i don't mess with toe at all unless i'm racing off-road...i've done many tests with toe...you'll simply get the best lap times (on pavement) with toe set at 0.0/0.0. Now if you want to DRIFT...that's a different story...you might find a bit of toe will help you get sideways easier, but youll have to experiment to get there.

Brakes? Again...there's some leeway here...depends on what track you're at and whether or not you're trying to get tighter angles as you slow into corners. At tracks like Midway (where minor braking mistakes can lead to disaster) i tend to brake mostly in a straight-line...which means i want my car with stronger FRONT brake settings. At Cote d'Azur? Laguna Seca? I'll try stronger REAR settings.

Finally, (and this is most important) TURN YOUR TCS AND ASC OFF if you haven't already done this. You won't need these devices for the majority of all-wheel drive cars (and arguably you shouldn't need them for other drivetrains either if you want to really get good at the game.

TCS (traction controls) and ASC or ASM (stability controls) are suposed to help keep you from spinning if you're new to the game; but once you get GOOD, you won't need the acres of understeer anymore that comes along with these devices.

HTH

"thank you parnelli for spending 15 minutes writing that advice for me when you could have ignored this thread and instead couch-surfing and not responding to my question"

"why, you're welcome, sir. glad to be of assistance".

:ouch:.

"thank you parnelli for spending 15 minutes writing that advice for me when you could have ignored this thread and instead couch-surfing and not responding to my question"

:lol:

Parnelli has just quite a sense of humor.., you guys agree with me??

Nah man...all i wanted was one of the following from the starter of this thread:

"Hey man, you really helped me. Thanks"

"Hmmm. Well that's not the advice i was looking for. But thanks anyways."

"Your advice sucks, man. Where did you learn to drive?"

I woulda been happy with any of these responses...at least they ARE responses! 💡 I'd rather get negative feedback than dead air i guess. :indiff:

My evo T.M.E stripe version is understeering too! Im driving the SSR11 and the evo wont turn a corner without hitting a wall. Even if I come to a complete stop and turn the corner I will still hit the outer wall head on.
You know that hairpin at the end of the home straight? Well I've been reduced to coming into the hairpin at over 200kph, throttle still open, slamming into the wall, and hoping it turns me the right way! But that method only goes so far.

Any tunings to make it handle better please ?

EDIT: I will try the same settings as above and see how I go

The settings above worked perfectly, I also shortened the gear ratios for maximum acceleration out of the corners in sacrifice of top speed

Cool.

Lancers (and many other all-wheel drive cars) understeer massively when pushed in corners.

I can't stress this enough--make sure you've got your TCS and ASC settings on ZERO. Also, you shouldn't need any sort of limited-slip device for a Lancer, Skyline, or any other AWD (all-wheel drive) cars unless they're using massive amounts of power; and even then sometimes you'll find you won't truely need these extra devices. I wouldn't even install the limited-slip or Yaw device for a Lancer unless i'm rallying.
''

Any of htese devices (Yaw, TCS, ASC, limited-slip) will create massive understeer in a Lancer.

Your talking to yourself again... Thanks for the advice though, I'm looking for settings for the Mine's Evo and came accross this post.

You get a 'thank you very much' from me though, i used this for my evo aswell, but even if it does still understeer i just sell it and buy an RX7. 👍

Back