Need FGT Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 33 comments
  • 1,925 views
Messages
3,490
Messages
dabest2500
I've driven my FGT for a good 8,000 miles now whilst grinding for XP.
I've noticed a massive change in its handling, it's now more easy to lose control of it and it's front wheels go red when braking in a straight line.
I've done ridgity restore and engine overhaul 4 times already, but it's handling doesn't improve, and when it does improve, it's only for one race.
I really don't want to fork out another 5,000,000 Cr for another FGT.
Any help?
 
I'd say check the tires and the setup.
 
I'd say check the tires and the setup.

Tyres have always been racing tyres.
I've left the setup as default, it's been fine before.
Does it have anything to do with ridgity?
Ridgity restore doesn't help.
 
This thread is slowly dropping to the bottom.
Can anyone please help me, I really don't want to spend another 6 million on an FGT that I'll only use for grinding purposes and B-Spec.
 
Learn out to drive it?????
try diferent setups????

If you make the 1 million crt overhaul than it should be like new for a lot of miles- doing that is better then buying an brand new used one lol because when you buy a used one (depending on the milage) youll have to do the overhaul or revision.

cant help more than this but one thing I can tell you if you have revised it no more than 500 milles ago it should be ok no matter how hard you drive it. And you really dont need to buy another . never again lol because you just need to fix/revise the one you got.

oh wait I forgot try washing the car - I remebered that in GT4 a washed car handled pretty much better than a dirty one - you could really feel the diference because dirt influences aerodinamics a lot in this type of car (even if you cant see the dirt).
 
Engine and/or Chassis rebuild - still expensive, but as much as buying a new FGT.

Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned these yet.
 
Engine and/or Chassis rebuild - still expensive, but as much as buying a new FGT.

Can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned these yet.

I've done this several times now, and after a few races the thing goes bad again.
 
I'd say it's almost certainly in your head. Go into tuning and set everything to default, to make sure you didn't mess something up. But no one else has reported these problems, it's likely in your head.
 
I've done this several times now, and after a few races the thing goes bad again.

Just wash the car -washing improves handling - oil improves power

Thats why they implemented the washing cars utility

And if that doesnt fix it revise the chassis
Same thing with oil - change the oil if the power doesnt rise than revise the engine

Its really quite simple
 
Just wash the car -washing improves handling - oil improves power

Thats why they implemented the washing cars utility

And if that doesnt fix it revise the chassis
Same thing with oil - change the oil if the power doesnt rise than revise the engine

Its really quite simple

Are you being serious? Because that's almost certainly wrong.
 
Its been like that since I play GT (GT3)
The car starts to handle trerrible - you wash the car - the car handles ok again - if the car doesnt handle ok you revise the chassis and the car handles ok again.

Or did you think that they had implemented the car wash just so that you could spend 50crts for nothing - because the cars are always clean after and before the wash - they only get dirty during races but when you starrt another race they are clean again - in case you didnt noticed it.

Do you really think that dirt on a formula one doesnt affect handling??? just like used oil affects the machine power.

dabest2500 - give it a try (wash the car) and them tell me what you think (its only 50cr)
 
Its been like that since I play GT (GT3)
The car starts to handle trerrible - you wash the car - the car handles ok again - if the car doesnt handle ok you revise the chassis and the car handles ok again.

Or did you think that they had implemented the car wash just so that you could spend 50crts for nothing - because the cars are always clean after and before the wash - they only get dirty during races but when you starrt another race they are clean again - in case you didnt noticed it.

Do you really think that dirt on a formula one doesnt affect handling??? just like used oil affects the machine power.

dabest2500 - give it a try (wash the car) and them tell me what you think (its only 50cr)

I'm gonna wait for a few more opinions on that, but there is no way some dirt on the paint should have any noticeable effect on handling.

Edit: in fact, there was a thread a week ago where someone claimed to do the car wash to "wash the dirt off the tires" for better handling, and this was quickly debunked.
 
Its been like that since I play GT (GT3)
The car starts to handle trerrible - you wash the car - the car handles ok again - if the car doesnt handle ok you revise the chassis and the car handles ok again.

Or did you think that they had implemented the car wash just so that you could spend 50crts for nothing - because the cars are always clean after and before the wash - they only get dirty during races but when you starrt another race they are clean again - in case you didnt noticed it.

Do you really think that dirt on a formula one doesnt affect handling??? just like used oil affects the machine power.

dabest2500 - give it a try (wash the car) and them tell me what you think (its only 50cr)

I like this theory. As I see no other point in the carwash.
 
I'm gonna wait for a few more opinions on that, but there is no way some dirt on the paint should have any noticeable effect on handling.

Edit: in fact, there was a thread a week ago where someone claimed to do the car wash to "wash the dirt off the tires" for better handling, and this was quickly debunked.

lol the tyres are always new «virtual» tyres in every race and thats the stupidest thing I ever heard
but the virtual dust stays there and increases and it affects handling (at least it did in GT4) - in GT4 I drove the GT1 for over 1000 miles without washing it and it began to handly and drop power pretty bad I read somewhere to change the oil and wash the car and tryed it and voila - it was good again - maybe Im mad but just maybe he could spend the 50 cr instead of the 5 million and tell us what he thinks
 
Last edited:
For what I remember since GT3, there comes a "moment in time" when the overall wear of your car makes it unrepairable.

I can only presume that GT5 have advanced wear-modelling where F1 car will ne weared faster than normal car.

If no repairs can't repair handling/overall feel, ypu may presume it is a Scrapyard Time.

Refer to in-game manual or some of the descriptions in GTAuto section, I recall it even gets mentioned somewhere.
 
it's all in your head. goto the tuning forum and keep trying them until you find one that suits you
 
I dont think that 12000 miles (8000 + 4000) on a 5 million car is the dead end (almost 1000 per mile seems a bit too expensive) but remember this is coming from the guy that thinks spending 50 cr is going to solve all his problems :D
 
In my head?
I can clearly see that the front tyres on the indicator are turning red under braking, and in a straight line.
Also, doing ridgity restore automatically washes the car.
Just like how doing engine overhaul also changes the oil.
 
what's your brake bias set at? are you using abs?
 
I've driven my FGT for a good 8,000 miles now whilst grinding for XP.
I've noticed a massive change in its handling, it's now more easy to lose control of it and it's front wheels go red when braking in a straight line.
I've done ridgity restore and engine overhaul 4 times already, but it's handling doesn't improve, and when it does improve, it's only for one race.
I really don't want to fork out another 5,000,000 Cr for another FGT.
Any help?





Dude, you don't need to do that!! I have personally tested this. The first FGT I bought, I did the engine rebuild and oil change. The result was 935hp. I just bought one of the new orange ones off the online lot to trade with someone and the only thing I did to it was an oil change. The result was 935hp. It sounds like you have squandered 4,000,000 credits. :scared:


Edit: Here try this tune. I'm still working on it, but I have a pretty high brake setting because I brake late with the FGT, but I've never experienced what you are talking about. Compare it to the tune you have now and just look for anything that's radically different.

Aero: 70/90
Trans: 242 mph
LSD: 15/45/50
Height: -7/-7
Spring: 17.8/17.5
Ext: 7/8
Comp: 5/6
Roll: 7/7
Camber: -2.5/-0.6
Toe: -0.15/-0.12
Brakes: 7/4
Tires: Racing Soft
 
Last edited:
Dude, you don't need to do that!! I have personally tested this. The first FGT I bought, I did the engine rebuild and oil change. The result was 935hp. I just bought one of the new orange ones off the online lot to trade with someone and the only thing I did to it was an oil change. The result was 935hp. It sounds like you have squandered 4,000,000 credits. :scared:


Edit: Here try this tune. I'm still working on it, but I have a pretty high brake setting because I brake late with the FGT, but I've never experienced what you are talking about. Compare it to the tune you have now and just look for anything that's radically different.

Aero: 70/90
Trans: 242 mph
LSD: 15/45/50
Height: -7/-7
Spring: 17.8/17.5
Ext: 7/8
Comp: 5/6
Roll: 7/7
Camber: -2.5/-0.6
Toe: -0.15/-0.12
Brakes: 7/4
Tires: Racing Soft

Okay thanks for the setup :)
Yeah, 4,000,000 :ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch::ouch:
 
In my head?
I can clearly see that the front tyres on the indicator are turning red under braking, and in a straight line.
Also, doing ridgity restore automatically washes the car.Just like how doing engine overhaul also changes the oil.

Well at least that confirms what Ive been saying and you could have saved 999700cr a couple of times :D
 
I can't really speak to the effectiveness of chassis restores on the FGT, I have however noticed that on certain tracks (Monaco in particular) the soft racing tires seem to overheat very easily (fronts under braking, rears under accel.) Once the tires overheat, the handling and chassis balance goes right out the window, sometimes even after tires return to light blue. I could see where someone might mistake this for chassis degradation.
 
I can't really speak to the effectiveness of chassis restores on the FGT, I have however noticed that on certain tracks (Monaco in particular) the soft racing tires seem to overheat very easily (fronts under braking, rears under accel.) Once the tires overheat, the handling and chassis balance goes right out the window, sometimes even after tires return to light blue. I could see where someone might mistake this for chassis degradation.

Yes, I've noticed my tyres turning red under acceleration in 3rd, 4th and I think 5th gear.
 
In my head?
I can clearly see that the front tyres on the indicator are turning red under braking, and in a straight line.
Well that should mean that your front brakes are locking up.
 
Yes, I've noticed my tyres turning red under acceleration in 3rd, 4th and I think 5th gear.

A big question here
What are you using to drive with wheel/controller?
Whats your driving style? mash button full throttle full brake
It could be your driving style. If you're turning the tyres red in 3/4/5 you might want to ease up on the throttle a little.
 
In my head?
I can clearly see that the front tyres on the indicator are turning red under braking, and in a straight line.
Also, doing ridgity restore automatically washes the car.
Just like how doing engine overhaul also changes the oil.

Well at least that confirms what Ive been saying and you could have saved 999700cr a couple of times :D

@tribolik
how does this confirm what you were saying at all???

you said washing a car helps the handling...what dabest said is that a car wash / oil change come included with the other purchases...that doesn't confirm your theory at all. Or am I just miss understanding what you are saying this time?
 
A big question here
What are you using to drive with wheel/controller?
Whats your driving style? mash button full throttle full brake
It could be your driving style. If you're turning the tyres red in 3/4/5 you might want to ease up on the throttle a little.

I use a wheel.
I slowly build up the throttle in 1st and 2nd but sometimes on straights it goes red in 3rd, 4th and 5th.
I also have TCS 5.
 
Back