Need for Speed Heat Full Car List Revealed

I quite like this list, while I'm a big fan of JDM it's always cool to see more supercars being added provided they can be modified fairly extensively. It's good to see so many BMWs and Mercedes too. Wide body A45, anyone? It's a shame that Toyota still aren't budging on having their cars featured in games though.

Those games are released before GT Sport though, the exclusivity probably inactive at that time. ACC do have a Lexus GT3 in it but that is likely be part of the Blancpain license like the Yaris WRC for WRC 8.
Licensing aren't signed when game are released, they are signed when/before they are in development. GT Sport was announced in 2015 with trailer, so licensing date largely before 2017. It's more a seoncd effect of slow developpement from PD than an exclusing licensing.

Toyota only dont license stock road cars because dont like to see them modified.

Race cars o tuned special cars like the Artic Trucks are diferent because you cant modify them and for this reason you can see those cars in some games.

Toyota only dont license stock road cars because dont like to see them modified.

Ironic... Because some of the most legendary tuner cars are from Toyota

q9khzibd1x911.png

I think it might be more to do with the whole street racing image, otherwise they could have been featured without any modification options (like Ferrari). It's a real shame... I just don't see the logic.

I think it might be more to do with the whole street racing image, otherwise they could have been featured without any modification options (like Ferrari). It's a real shame... I just don't see the logic.

Wow. That sucks.

Forza Motorsport 7 does not have illegal racing it is track based racing they were still taken out.

Is it me or is Toyota the one that is confused??

Well.. They are trying to kill legend made by their own Toyota Supra... Iconic illegal street racers choice... xD

What a joke. Forza Motorsport doesn't promote illegal street racing either, yet Toyota is nowhere to be seen in that too. And if I recall, does Intial D not promote illegal racing too? It even features mods as well I think.

Toyota's logic is just flawed. Wait until both GT7 and FM8 comes along, than we'll get true answers.

How to make a generic car roster 101.. nothing stands out as exciting to see in a racing game.

The same old cars, or a newer blander version of the usual suspect - look at the BMW/Porsche list.

I believe Toyota's issue is that they don't want their cars included in street racing games and/or games that allow body customization. That's why you see approved models in PCARS 2, GT Sprt, WRC 8 and ACC, but not in Forza or NFS, where customization and in the case of Horizon, street racing, are at the forefront.

That's also why the only cars you see in Forza and PCARS 2 from Toyota are either race cars, unmodified road cars or likely pre-approved pre-modified cars.

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport 7 does not have illegal racing it is track based racing they were still taken out.

Is it me or is Toyota the one that is confused??
Toyota may sees each franchise as a monolith. So they may factoring Forza Horizon in and decides to not feature in Forza as a whole.

Or just stick to earlier guess and say that Turn 10 didn't want to put a car whose the body cannot be customized per Toyota request.

There too many variant cars, I thought they were going to squeeze the variants into one base model. I remember M4 GTS in Payback could swap parts to become 2014 M4.

Copy paste the variant cars that I've counted in the general discussion thread:
- 2 BMW i8 (Coupe and Roadster)
- 3 BMW M4 (Coupe, Convertible and GTS)
- 2 Chevy C7 (Grand Sport and ZR1)
- 2 Ferrari 458 (Coupe and Spyder)
- 2 Ferrari 488 (Coupe and Pista)
- 2 Ferrari LaFerrari (FXX-K Evo and Standard)
- 2 Jaguar F-Type (Coupe and Convertible)
- 4 Lamborghini Huracan (Coupe, Roadster, Performante Coupe and Performante Roadster)
- 4 Lamborghini Aventador (S Coupe, S Roadster, SVJ Coupe and SVJ Roadster)
- 3 Mclaren 570S (Coupe, Spider and the high spec 600LT)
- 3 Mercedes AMG GT (GT, GTS Roadster and GT R)
- 2 Nissan 370z (Nismo and 50th Anniversary)
- 2 Nissan GT-R R35 (Standard and Nismo)
- 2 Porsche Cayman (GT4 and 718 GTS)
- 7 Porsche 911 (991) (GT3 RS, GT2 RS, GTS, GTS Cabriolet, Targa 4 GTS, Turbo S and Turbo S Cabriolet)
Yeah this bothered me a lot too, they could have one model and cram all the trim differences and the convertible option as body parts. It's an arcade game after all is not like they have to accurately recreate the performance differences from a regular huracan to a perforamante to warrant a whole new car, people are going to toss the best upgrades on them rendering all unique performance characteristics useless anyway.
The 718 cayman (982) and the cayman GT4 (981) are two complete different cars from different generations so I wouldn't count them as duplicates.

Again, Toyota are pretty much only allowing Japanese developers to use their cars at this point in time, which is why GTS is the only big game that features their cars - PD doesn’t have a exclusivity agreement with them.

The street racing excuse doesn’t make sense either; their cars are still featured in Wangan Midnight games.

I am extremely disappointed with the fact that both Honda Civic Xth gens are not there.
The Type-R for being the biggest fad on instagram and the SI for having quite an aftermarket crowd.

Wasn't Honda in a similar mindset once? AFAIK that's why they were absent from NFS for a while, like the UG games, MW2005, and Carbon. Wasn't NFS Prostreet where Honda made its first appearance in the series in over a decade?
Nope.
Both Honda Civics SIs were on Underground 1&2.

It always bugs me how racing games have an unnecessary fetish for the top models of specific cars. There's a Murcielago SV but no LP640, Aventador SVJ but no LP700-4, Huayra BC but no Huayra (so far). Not a fan of that at all, especially in a game where the main selling point is taking otherwise basic vehicles and modifying them in every way possible. Cars like the FXX K Evo, P1 GTR, 488 Pista, and Huracan Performante are pointless editions that will likely have minimalist customization options compared to their base model counterparts, and really have no place in a game that's supposed to reflect modern, urban car culture. If this were Shift 3 or Hot Pursuit 4 I'd say go for it, but in this specific game setting I disapprove.

I'm a supercar fan, I like these kinds of cars, but at the same time I know that the main target audience of this game doesn't. I doubt it feels good for said audience to race their proudly modified 350Z or BRZ, only for other players to drive circles around them with modern Ferraris or McLarens, essentially forcing said audience to ditch their favourite car and pick up a less desired supercar to stay competitive in a speed class they'd rather not be a part of. Its a problem I see in racing games all the time, especially Forza Horizon. Players will be drag racing in low tier cars until someone joins with/swaps to a hypercar and continuously outdoes everybody else until they bite the bullet and pull out hypercars of their own. Its not fun, and effects cooperative experiences just the same as competitive experiences.
If a player is driving a low speed car in the open world, and another player drives by in a high speed car, the chances of them acknowledging each other is far less likely than if they were of the same class. Just a quick pass without a second glance. The low speed driver doesn't get the time to impress the other player with their build, and the high speed driver will remain alone because the other player couldn't catch up even if they wanted to join the high speed driver.
For these reasons, I'd like to see optional car restricted lobbies in the future of both franchises. Something that'll give players a better experience out of these games by isolating them with people who have similar tastes as themselves, rather than pressuring them into driving something they don't want to.

Ending on a positive note, the top down convertible cars get a big 👍 from me. They have too small of a presence in racing games these days.

I hope the driving physics are upgraded. I skipped Payback because of how bad the physics were in NFS 2015. I'll hold my breath for now but I am hoping for good things!

Far to many Exotics, If you take out all them out, it's a pretty poor list. Alot of the well known and loved cars from past games are missing.

Who's to say they won't come in future DLC or content updates? That may be what they're planning. I'm also very curious why some convertibles are included alongside their non-convertible versions. I had hope that there's a good reason why, within the game design. (Like maybe a series of events where you gotta have a convertible, vs. a closed top?)

EDIT: Also, @JR98, we don't know the context of the filming of those Supras for the new F&F movie. They still could be featured in a relatively un-clandestine context. Like maybe the characters are just meeting someone at a Toyota dealership or something, idk.

Back