Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
New screenshots
EF-VJuYXYAA-cyw.jpg

EF-VJuWXoAE9liH.jpg

Going by that post @T0MMY3688 I'm guessing the p1 gtr wont have to many customisation options but hopefully you can change colors on it.

Also do nfs games have photomode?

I’m expecting the P1 GTR to have limited visual customisation like the 911 GT2 RS, Huracan Performante and C7 ZR1, you can still change colours and use the wrap system but visual customisation will just be rims and license plate.

So I've been out of the Need for Speed loop for years. Thinking about finally picking up a PS4, so am I right in getting the impression that the gameplay in this is along the lines of Underground 2 and PS2's Most Wanted? Free-roam street racer with advancements in customization and cops? I haven't played NFS since the PS3 reboots of Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit, and I felt that those didn't have the re-playability of the PS2 games, where it was fun to just hang out in the game's world, doing things like U2's freeway chases just for fun.

These German hip-hop artists released a song in collaboration with Need For Speed Heat. I have no idea what they are saying most of the time (shout out to "multivitamin flow") but it sounds like a bop.

The text is the usual bad boy "I was poor, but now I'm rich and have cars" thing and has nothing to do with the game, or Miami, or car culture.

It also is a little bit violent, because they are so gangZta.

The text is the usual bad boy "I was poor, but now I'm rich and have cars" thing and has nothing to do with the game, or Miami, or car culture.

It also is a little bit violent, because they are so gangZta.

I'd be happy if that relates to how career mode is structured in the game.

New car drops is here and the new cars are:

- Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS
- Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series (Rim, license plate and wrap only)
- Porsche 718 Cayman GTS
- Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2
- Mclaren 600LT (Rim, license plate and wrap only)
- Ferrari LaFerrari
- Ferrari F40
- Mercedes AMG GT
- 1992 Honda NSX Type-R
- 1969 Dodge Charger RT
- Aston Martin DB11

There are some parts missing in the app, front half of the Rocket Bunny NSX kit is missing (likely due to "parts set") and the DB11 is missing the front fenders (probably because the track width is broken in the app like the Ford GT). 718 Cayman seem to got all the fenders and parts from Cayman GT4 from Payback, there is also a 981 Cayman front bumper as a option.

LaFerrari has parts to turn it into FXXK:

fmI8Xp3.jpg

Can be used without the spoiler too:

yftAbCL.jpg

I think what would really be nice is if we were able to get some of the neat special vinyls that were from various NFS games, such as the following:

-NFS Editions cars from Hot Pursuit 2
-The Sha_Do liveries for that JP-exclusive version of UG2
-The contest winner liveries (and the five unseen runner-ups) from MW2005 (and apparently UG2, as well)
-That one livery some Italian firm gave a Mustang before the release of NFS Payback

I think what would really be nice is if we were able to get some of the neat special vinyls that were from various NFS games, such as the following:

-NFS Editions cars from Hot Pursuit 2
-The Sha_Do liveries for that JP-exclusive version of UG2
-The contest winner liveries (and the five unseen runner-ups) from MW2005 (and apparently UG2, as well)
-That one livery some Italian firm gave a Mustang before the release of NFS Payback

Having those back will be nice, Payback miss out a lot of the characters vinyls for some weird reason. Ryo's Evo X dragon was missing in Payback if I remember it correctly

I wonder are we getting preset wraps back too, it is one feature that went missing in Payback.

Here's hoping for a p1 gtr gameplay video :)

Anyway i'm liking what i'm seeing so far :D

Can wait to have fun out running those cops in my p1 gtr :bowdown::cheers: just that alone for me makes this game worth it 👍

I feel a denser map doesn't necessarily equate to a better experience. A lot of the city areas looks like constant 90 degree intersections, and we all know how well the B2D handling works with intersections...

They really shouldn't try to hard to reinvent the wheel. Just have a look at Burnout Paradise's map for inspiration. It also has a grid like city area, but the roads are generally still quite wide and easy enough to drift round the corners.

It might be fine this time around considering there are lot more breakable objects in game, the night race footage from Gamescom does look wide enough for races.

We should getting soundtrack news soon, if you line up the reveal dates right, we should be getting info on that soon, I mean, especially with the supposed gameplay reveals next week.

Anyone help me, I’m playing nfs undercover PS3 but naturally nobody’s online, trying to get the last 2 trophy’s before while servers are still up and running.

Back