Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Another grip and drift handling comparison:

Performance and handling customization:

BMW M3 GTR footage:

More car customization footage:

Maybe I am thinking obout it to much but after watching some gameplay I am a little concern obout gaining reputation and leveling up. I know it's just an early build and the system could change when the game comes out.
So what's my problem? Well you can gain rep only during night. And you have to raise your heat level to get the multiplier. This is all ok. The problem is your heat level will reset every time you enter the garage. Getting to heat lv5 is also not that simple and with only 3 repairs you will need to escape in the garage pretty often. The races itself doesn't give you much rep so you will need to grind those races a lot. Still don't know how much exp is needed for lv50 but so far it looks like a grindfest. Lv2 is 1000 points, lv6 is 11k, lv10 35k and lv21 is 250k. Since races gave you 1-1500 rep at the beginning you will need to farm a lot. I just hope that lv50 will not require more than 10mil (which is still a lot of exp). I don't want to repeat the bad experience left from the Crew 2.

Maybe I am thinking obout it to much but after watching some gameplay I am a little concern obout gaining reputation and leveling up. I know it's just an early build and the system could change when the game comes out.
So what's my problem? Well you can gain rep only during night. And you have to raise your heat level to get the multiplier. This is all ok. The problem is your heat level will reset every time you enter the garage. Getting to heat lv5 is also not that simple and with only 3 repairs you will need to escape in the garage pretty often. The races itself doesn't give you much rep so you will need to grind those races a lot. Still don't know how much exp is needed for lv50 but so far it looks like a grindfest. Lv2 is 1000 points, lv6 is 11k, lv10 35k and lv21 is 250k. Since races gave you 1-1500 rep at the beginning you will need to farm a lot. I just hope that lv50 will not require more than 10mil (which is still a lot of exp). I don't want to repeat the bad experience left from the Crew 2.
I imagine just like NFS Rivals it’ll be possible to make a lot of rep with multipliers. It could also be like NFSMW05 where the further you get into the story the faster your heat level rises.

I imagine just like NFS Rivals it’ll be possible to make a lot of rep with multipliers. It could also be like NFSMW05 where the further you get into the story the faster your heat level rises.
Your heat level is your multiplier. Which will be reset every time you change to day, you enter the garage, wreck the car or get busted.
Not sure if it was Nick, but he drove for an hour doing night races. He got 14k rep points and he was still at heat lv2. He managed to get to heat3. After he got back to garage he bank 43k points and went from lv21 to lv22 (ok, almost to 23).
I hope it will be different in the main game. You will still need to grind for money too. Some engine swaps cost almost half a million. That is something like 20 races just for an engine for one car.

Your heat level is your multiplier. Which will be reset every time you change to day, you enter the garage, wreck the car or get busted.
Not sure if it was Nick, but he drove for an hour doing night races. He got 14k rep points and he was still at heat lv2. He managed to get to heat3. After he got back to garage he bank 43k points and went from lv21 to lv22 (ok, almost to 23).
I hope it will be different in the main game. You will still need to grind for money too. Some engine swaps cost almost half a million. That is something like 20 races just for an engine for one car.
It could be limited to stop people showing off too much of the game before release we won’t know exactly how much grinding the full game has until it’s properly released

So what's my problem? Well you can gain rep only during night. And you have to raise your heat level to get the multiplier. This is all ok. The problem is your heat level will reset every time you enter the garage. Getting to heat lv5 is also not that simple and with only 3 repairs you will need to escape in the garage pretty often.

I think getting to heat 5 will be fine once you have the auxiliary parts installed, I remember seeing parts that increase the armour of the car and increase the damage dealt on to the police. There is also jammers and run flat tyres to help out. The gameplay footage released so far don't seem to have any of the auxiliary parts installed.

The races itself doesn't give you much rep so you will need to grind those races a lot. Still don't know how much exp is needed for lv50 but so far it looks like a grindfest. Lv2 is 1000 points, lv6 is 11k, lv10 35k and lv21 is 250k. Since races gave you 1-1500 rep at the beginning you will need to farm a lot. I just hope that lv50 will not require more than 10mil (which is still a lot of exp). I don't want to repeat the bad experience left from the Crew 2.

I think the rep gained increases as you progress the game, GameRiot grip vs drift gameplay earned 4600 rep when he won the race. It is likely tied to the vehicle performance requirement, events that needs a faster car will pay better than early game races.

Also where do you see that going to level 2 needs 1k rep, level 5 to level 6 needs 11k rep?

The walkthrough released so far has going to level 2 need 400 rep:
FYJZwTO.png

Level 3 to 6 about 6k rep:
VeOskER.png

I think the rep gained increases as you progress the game, GameRiot grip vs drift gameplay earned 4600 rep when he won the race. It is likely tied to the vehicle performance requirement, events that needs a faster car will pay better than early game races.

Also where do you see that going to level 2 needs 1k rep, level 5 to level 6 needs 11k rep?

The walkthrough released so far has going to level 2 need 400 rep:
FYJZwTO.png

Level 3 to 6 about 6k rep:
VeOskER.png
I also think it will increase once you progress through the story.
I saw in one gameplay. The guy reached lv6 and had 11000 rep points. However I was talking about total exp. Maybe I am just a little bit scared after playing the Crew 2. Leveling was never an issue in NFS games so I am pretty confident it won't be a problem this time around.

I guess you are not a big fan of just playing against the police in these games? That is one of the bigger reasons I'm ready for it to launch.

I also think it will increase once you progress through the story.
I saw in one gameplay. The guy reached lv6 and had 11000 rep points. However I was talking about total exp. Maybe I am just a little bit scared after playing the Crew 2. Leveling was never an issue in NFS games so I am pretty confident it won't be a problem this time around.

I think it will be fine progression wise, the game don’t seem too demand much from it if mid game races paying 4.5k rep.

Btw which gameplay footage is that? I’m quite curious about it.

Finally a proper V8 sound. I hope that's actually the default engine sound and not just an engine-swap.

That’s the default for the M3 GTR, you get that car by beating the main story mode. I think you can engine swap the standard M3 E46 for that too.

I think it will be fine progression wise, the game don’t seem too demand much from it if mid game races paying 4.5k rep.

Btw which gameplay footage is that? I’m quite curious about it.
I think you saw it already. At 45:30 you can see his total xp.

I guess you are not a big fan of just playing against the police in these games? That is one of the bigger reasons I'm ready for it to launch.
You can't be more wrong. Calling all Units is my favourite DLC and HP2010 and Rivals my favorite NFS games.. probably. I love every NFS game... more or less. But I do hate excessive grinding.

I think you saw it already. At 45:30 you can see his total xp.

I missed the the total score for level 6 after they show the rep gained that night. You are right on needing 11k to reach level 6, it looks like about 1k to 2k+ rep needed per level as it approach level 6 and the races give out 1k to 1.5k which pretty covers half the level requirement. It should be fine as long each race unlocks give out more rep.

I missed the the total score for level 6 after they show the rep gained that night. You are right on needing 11k to reach level 6, it looks like about 1k to 2k+ rep needed per level as it approach level 6 and the races give out 1k to 1.5k which pretty covers half the level requirement. It should be fine as long each race unlocks give out more rep.
I don't see any problem for low levels. My concerns raised up when I saw the level 20 gameplay. I am still fine for lv20 to require 200k+ points. Maybe after lv20 there will be a fixed amount of exp per level till lv50. It's just that the jump from 11k for lv6 to 200k for lv20 is pretty steep. I know we have 5x multiplier, but you still need to grind to heat 5 every time. And like I mentioned before, this grind is just for leveling. You still need to grind for money too. Now that the rep and bucks have different mode I am a little bit afraid. I must confess.

I don't see any problem for low levels. My concerns raised up when I saw the level 20 gameplay. I am still fine for lv20 to require 200k+ points. Maybe after lv20 there will be a fixed amount of exp per level till lv50. It's just that the jump from 11k for lv6 to 200k for lv20 is pretty steep. I know we have 5x multiplier, but you still need to grind to heat 5 every time. And like I mentioned before, this grind is just for leveling. You still need to grind for money too. Now that the rep and bucks have different mode I am a little bit afraid. I must confess.

I don't think 200k is the amount you need to grind for leveling up, the number shown is probably the total amount of rep needed from level 1 but the UI looks to be broken the minute they reach level 20 and above. He got 30k gained that night and needed 3.6k for the next level from level 21 in open world UI:
DdVSNyL.png

But the UI screen when entered garage shows the next level is at rep 256k from 237k. That is about 18k to level 23, if going by the circle progress bar I think it is about 40k to go from level 22 to level 23:
8SS1JuP.png

I think the left side is the total amount of rep you have gained so far and the total points needed to level up from level 1 is on the right

Also, money might not be an issue, for some reason when he entered the garage, payout for that night is 100k bank:
K3eBgIi.png

The race that he completed gave out 6.4k rep but it is a much longer race that takes 4 minutes in a 341 stats Golf.

I don't think 200k is the amount you need to grind for leveling up, the number shown is probably the total amount of rep needed from level 1 but the UI looks to be broken the minute they reach level 20 and above. He got 30k gained that night and needed 3.6k for the next level from level 21 in open world UI:
DdVSNyL.png

But the UI screen when entered garage shows the next level is at rep 256k from 237k. That is about 18k to level 23, if going by the circle progress bar I think it is about 40k to go from level 22 to level 23:
8SS1JuP.png

I think the left side is the total amount of rep you have gained so far and the total points needed to level up from level 1 is on the right

Also, money might not be an issue, for some reason when he entered the garage, payout for that night is 100k bank:
K3eBgIi.png

The race that he completed gave out 6.4k rep but it is a much longer race that takes 4 minutes in a 341 stats Golf.
Yeah I noticed that too. There is definitely something wrong with the UI in those gameplays.
Yes, on the left there is your total xp erned and on the right the total amount of xp needed for the next level.
Like I said I'm ok if there's gonna be a fixed amount of exp for levels 21-30, 31-40, 41-50. I can deal with that. I just hope it's going to be a reasonable amount.
The amount of money shown in your picture is the total amount he has. Not sure if you also have to bank bucks during the night. I know you can earn money during night too from dailies, activities, collectibles.. But like I said, not sure you have to bank it or is added automatically. Definitely day time races gave most bucks. I hope the amount won't get reduced once you complete a race, like in the past.
Don't get me wrong. I want to work (play the game) for reps and cars, parts.. I just don't want a grindfest. I really am thinking about it way too much.
Is it November yet? I want to play it soo much.

Yeah I noticed that too. There is definitely something wrong with the UI in those gameplays.
Yes, on the left there is your total xp erned and on the right the total amount of xp needed for the next level.
Like I said I'm ok if there's gonna be a fixed amount of exp for levels 21-30, 31-40, 41-50. I can deal with that. I just hope it's going to be a reasonable amount.

I think it is a fairly reasonable amount if going from level 22 to level 23 is at 40k rep when it is paying 6.4k for a race, considering he bank 30k and manage to get him almost half of level 22 from level 21.

The amount of money shown in your picture is the total amount he has. Not sure if you also have to bank bucks during the night.

I notice it gave a small amount after I watched the clip again. He left the garage with 95k and night events gave him 5k bank, so that is the total money.

I know you can earn money during night too from dailies, activities, collectibles.. But like I said, not sure you have to bank it or is added automatically. Definitely day time races gave most bucks. I hope the amount won't get reduced once you complete a race, like in the past.
Don't get me wrong. I want to work (play the game) for reps and cars, parts.. I just don't want a grindfest. I really am thinking about it way too much.
Is it November yet? I want to play it soo much.

Day time money will be added straight away, the bank gameplay mechanic is for the night time rep grind. Even if you get busted you don't lose the rep but the multiplier and 2% of your money I think. The grind should be fine for both side from the looks of it, AR12 has a gameplay with the Polestar 1 at level 22 earning 31.5k money for a race then he did a time trial event that pays 39k.

STORY STUFF DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND!
View attachment 859418Possible betrayal? That's Mercer, with no badge, and the NFSMW M3 GTR...
It's probably just supposed to show whatever car that the player was currently driving. Dev builds have everything unlocked so a GTR isn't out of the question.

You can't be more wrong. Calling all Units is my favourite DLC and HP2010 and Rivals my favorite NFS games.. probably. I love every NFS game... more or less. But I do hate excessive grinding.

The last NFS game I played was MW2012, so I'm not familiar with how the last 2 games leveled players up. I would just jump into the game & go find the cops for some pursuit fun.

Does anyone know how to get the WRC kit to work on the Impreza? On the app I cant seem to make it compatible, its telling nothing will work do to the fenders or bumpers, but no combination will open it up for me to put it on.

New car drop last night:

- Aston Martin Vulcan
- Mclaren 570S Spider
- Range Rover Sport SVR
- Plymouth Barracuda
- Nissan GT-R R35 Nismo (rims, plate and wrap customisation only)
- Subaru Impreza WRX STI (2006)
- Mclaren P1 GTR (rims, plate and wrap customisation only)
- Ferrari 458 Spider
- Mercedes G63 AMG
- Porsche 918 Spyder
- Ferrari 488 GTB

Ferrari 458 Spider has the GT3 kit like the coupe, Ferrari 488 GTB has GTE kit and 488 Challenge parts:

488 Challenge with GTE fenders:
nOzuetf.png

488 GTE kit:
5TBOti1.png

Does anyone know how to get the WRC kit to work on the Impreza? On the app I cant seem to make it compatible, its telling nothing will work do to the fenders or bumpers, but no combination will open it up for me to put it on.

The parts set system don’t exist in the app, we have to wait for a fix to get that piece working. Kinda weird that they left that part in there, other cars part sets are not available in the app.

I’m still skeptical about this game, but it does look more fun than Payback for sure. I really hope it ends up being good because I want another arcade style game to play. Forza Horizon 4 is wearing out its welcome for me.

I wonder what wheels could be coming in free updates/paid DLC? I hope we get 5zigen wheels again, as well as stuff like ADR or Lowenhart. They must've struck a deal with some of the wheel-makers like Weds, SSR, and Rotiform, because I wonder where famous brands like Rays, Enkei, or American Racing could be? Either way, it's neat to see brands I haven't seen too often as options, like Vossen, SSR, and Vorsteiner. As well as the aforementioned Weds and Rotiform - can't say I've seen those brands much, haha. (I think Weds is the same brand that's the main sponsor of a GT300 Celica in Gran Turismo 4...)

EA really knows how to play their cards right when it comes to marketing.
Just preordered deluxe when I was planning to wait til christmas for a sale, but the overwhelming amount of gameplay being uploaded surely built some hype on me.

No pictures of it?

Since you ask about it:
PhZtm4B.png

The car customisation is restricted like the post mention above and I notice they added a "trim" option to let you remove the default stripes and decal, it is available on other cars too:
wK3X8Ex.png

The car customisation is restricted like the post mention above and I notice they added a "trim" option to let you remove the default stripes and decal, it is available on other cars too
Can you get rid of the stripe on the Huayra's roof with this trim option?
My phone can't run the app so I can't check this myself.

Back