Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Anyone had any luck with High Heat Parts?

The High Heat parts start off with some Pro spec parts, then some Elite and then the Ultimates. If you're just starting them, then it's most likely the Pro parts you've won. It should flash up once you get back into the garage.

I had to push to the High Heat 5 race in order to unlock the Ultimate+ parts after getting everything else from grinding the High Heat 3's

Need advice - Right now i'm on level 9 with 122k money should i stay with my starter car the nissan 180 and just upgrade it or should i buy a new car?

For anyone playing on Xbox that still doesn’t have the Ferrari FXX-K unlocked, I currently have plenty of free slots open in my crew. Just search “FXX K” and it should come up. I’ll accept requests the next time I get on the game. 👍

Request sent, padre.

I've been playing too much Mafia 3.

Need advice - Right now i'm on level 9 with 122k money should i stay with my starter car the nissan 180 and just upgrade it or should i buy a new car?

I turned my starter into a drift car and used the other as a race build, but honestly it doesn't matter. No need to limit yourself I say.

The High Heat parts start off with some Pro spec parts, then some Elite and then the Ultimates. If you're just starting them, then it's most likely the Pro parts you've won. It should flash up once you get back into the garage.

I had to push to the High Heat 5 race in order to unlock the Ultimate+ parts after getting everything else from grinding the High Heat 3's

Thanks, will have to pay more attention to what flashes up. It's worth mentioning that I'm only Lvl 37. A couple of the YouTube guys are saying you need Lvl 50 to unlock High Heat Parts and I'm wondering if that's also causing me issues?

I don’t think there’s a level requirement to unlock High Heat Races, but I do believe you need to be level 50 to get the Ultimate parts from these races.

Was there a list of the auxiliary parts that one could obtain/equip?
  • Active
    • Killswitch Jammer - Counters the effects of a police killswitch.
    • Repair Kit - Repairs some damage
    • Nitrous Refill - Refills a tank of Nitrous
  • Passive
    • Reinflating Tyres - Reduces re-inflate time for tyres.
    • Nitrous Drift Refill - Nitrous will fill faster when drifting
    • Nitrous Draft Refill - Nitrous will refill faster when drafting
    • Nitrous Jump Refill - Nitrous will refill faster when jumping
    • Nitrous Power - Increases Power of Nitrous
    • Nitrous Duration - Increases duration of nitrous
    • Nitrous Extra Mix - Increase both duration and power
    • Increased Damage - Increases the amount of damage inflected to cops
    • Decreased Damage - Reduces the amount of damage taken from cops
Found it here: https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Heat

Thanks, will have to pay more attention to what flashes up. It's worth mentioning that I'm only Lvl 37. A couple of the YouTube guys are saying you need Lvl 50 to unlock High Heat Parts and I'm wondering if that's also causing me issues?
I can also confirm that ultimate parts show only at lv50. High heat races will be available before it with pro or elite parts.

Has anyone else noticed a slight discrepancy with the Performance levels once you exit the garage? I had a Lvl 311 R34 in the garage that went down to 295 when I noticed it pop up at an event during free-roam. I've had a similar case with the Evo X too.

Check out quick tuning menu, new parts could affect downforce, wich affects 2 points, which affecting overall rating are acceleration and top speed. Since those vary, therefor vary a Performance level.

• Active
    • Killswitch Jammer - Counters the effects of a police killswitch.
    • Repair Kit - Repairs some damage
    • Nitrous Refill - Refills a tank of Nitrous
  • Passive
    • Reinflating Tyres - Reduces re-inflate time for tyres.
    • Nitrous Drift Refill - Nitrous will fill faster when drifting
    • Nitrous Draft Refill - Nitrous will refill faster when drafting
    • Nitrous Jump Refill - Nitrous will refill faster when jumping
    • Nitrous Power - Increases Power of Nitrous
    • Nitrous Duration - Increases duration of nitrous
    • Nitrous Extra Mix - Increase both duration and power
    • Increased Damage - Increases the amount of damage inflected to cops
    • Decreased Damage - Reduces the amount of damage taken from cops
Found it here: https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Heat

Thanks. Which do you think will be more useful? The repair kit, or the killswitch jammer? I’d imagine it depends on how much damage is repaired with the kit, and how much damage you avoid taking when using the jammer.

Just a dumb question from someone who has only started playing NFS Heat today:

In order to unlock the FXX K you have to be level 50 player or just belong to a level 50 crew? Or both?
The reason I'm asking is that I don't play online, so i'm trying to figure out how to unlock it... :)

Thanks in advance! 👍

Just a dumb question from someone who has only started playing NFS Heat today:

In order to unlock the FXX K you have to be level 50 player or just belong to a level 50 crew? Or both?
The reason I'm asking is that I don't play online, so i'm trying to figure out how to unlock it... :)

Thanks in advance! 👍

You just need to belong to a level 50 crew 👍. I joined a crew that eventually got to Lv. 50 before I did and I was able to purchase the FXX K.

The game locked up my PS4 pro last night and I had to unplug the console. Hope that doesn’t happen again. But so far I’m liking the game and praying for wheel support soon.

Well, I caved in and got the game today, was planing on waiting for Black Friday but couldn’t help myself :D

I’m not too fond of Ghost Games and their creations, Rivals and Payback were okayish while 2015 was a garbage fire, but the very positive reaction to Heat as well as a Failrace seal of approval convinced me to give High Temperature a shot :lol:

Will post my thoughts on it later this week, excited to try it and get the R8 as quickly as possible :D

Found out today, if you evaded cops with critical damage, then before save house in 100m hit the wall and crash your car completely, you'll be busted even if there is no cop around. Gg:(

Well, I caved in and got the game today, was planing on waiting for Black Friday but couldn’t help myself :D

I’m not too fond of Ghost Games and their creations, Rivals and Payback were okayish while 2015 was a garbage fire, but the very positive reaction to Heat as well as a Failrace seal of approval convinced me to give High Temperature a shot :lol:

Will post my thoughts on it later this week, excited to try it and get the R8 as quickly as possible :D
Same and my experience so far has been worth it compared to finishing payback the

Thanks. Which do you think will be more useful? The repair kit, or the killswitch jammer? I’d imagine it depends on how much damage is repaired with the kit, and how much damage you avoid taking when using the jammer.

So far, I've only run into the killswitch and handful of times, and I've only be fully killswitch'd once. I personally think that the repair kit is significantly more useful, since you're more likely to get busted from damage than a full stop. Depending on your driving, it basically save you 1-2 trips to a gas station at night. Considering how aggressive and ram-happy Heat 4 & 5 cops get, the repair kit has saved my bacon a number of times.

As for effects, the repair kit seems to repair 2/3rds of damage taken. I usually only pop one when I'm at or very close to critical damage. The Elite repair kit also has a delay between uses, which I want to say is like 20-30 seconds.

Last edited:

The killswitch jammer is pretty useless, the cops don’t seem to use it often enough to need a jammer. The repair kit is good, it seems to repairs more than 3/4 of the car and it can used as the 4th repair per night.

You just need to belong to a level 50 crew 👍. I joined a crew that eventually got to Lv. 50 before I did and I was able to purchase the FXX K.

Is there any other way of getting the FXX other than joining a crew? I hate these type of online only unlockables because once the servers go down in the future they're gone forever.

----

Also, I just noticed from gameplay vids that the Testarossa doesn't seem to have any mods besides rims/paint. C'mon Ghost, it's the quintessential 80s Miami car with the Countach. I was looking forward to recreating this (Koenig Testarossa):

ferrari_testarossa_koenig-40.jpg

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/ar...tarossa-koenig-competition-king-neighbourhood

Also, I just noticed from gameplay vids that the Testarossa doesn't seem to have any mods besides rims/paint. C'mon Ghost, it's the quintessential 80s Miami car with the Countach. I was looking forward to recreating this (Koenig Testarossa):

ferrari_testarossa_koenig-40.jpg

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/ar...tarossa-koenig-competition-king-neighbourhood

Pretty sure Ferrari don’t allow it, other Ferrari with customisation in game has parts from the race car variant:

- Ferrari 458 (coupe and Spyder) > Ferrari 458 GT3
- Ferrari 488 GTB > Ferrari 488 GTE and Ferrari 488 Challenge
- Ferrari LaFerrari > Ferrari FXXK
- Ferrari F40 > Ferrari F40 Competizione

I had over 100 cars and I put the game on today and now I have zero cars and money so many bugs with this game:tdown:
If you get prompted with an error telling you your inventory isn't matching the one online and if you want to upload your save, always hit No.
You'll lose the ability to play online but your progress won't be reset. Then hopefully after they patch this we can just sync our saves with the cloud and have everything working as it should.

When will wheel support be coming? I know some people don’t care, but there’s also people that spent up to 200$ on wheel set ups and there’s really no other games to use the wheels with I bought the wheel for your game I feel like there should be wheel support.

When will wheel support be coming? I know some people don’t care, but there’s also people that spent up to 200$ on wheel set ups and there’s really no other games to use the wheels with I bought the wheel for your game I feel like there should be wheel support.
Someone actually asked on Reddit about this nearly 3 weeks ago and F8RGE (community manager for NFS) said, "We have info on this coming. Just locking things down." So it doesn't appear we have solid timeframe of when we can expect wheel support. Link here.

Back