• 2,583 comments
Oh I got the perfect game for them.
Need For Speed Tanks. :lol:

But in all.
Out of the 3 games that Criterion actually did
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Most Wanted
  • Rivals
I'd say they got it right with Hot Pursuit.
Most wanted was eh.
Rivals I think they kinda wanted to go back to HP but missed the mark.

So maybe they'll bring into HP 2 going off of Heat style?

This looks relieving :D:D

Tbh, I know NFSMW12 sucked, but many considered HP 2010 decent, even some call it the best one of the decade. So I have hopes for this because, even if heat is the best one, Ghost had four tries to revive the series and they all couldn't accomplish their targets (Rivals is a broken pos, NFS 2015 lacked post-launch Support and Payback was just broken promises (it didn't helped as well the whole 2017 DLC controversy EA passed), Criterion ONLY had 2 tries (And one was good enough)... At least Ghost is at least listening to the fans in this last hurrah, and Criterion according to the tweet they will continue on that path, so the only thing is wait to see what will happen, 'cause I still want an NFS with burnout paradise's physics (but that's it)!! :lol:

Ghost finally did a good NFS game and then this happens... honestly I was expecting this to happen sooner or later so I’m not surprised at all, remember we are dealing with EA here, but at the same time I’m really curious of what will Criterion do for the next NFS.

Perhaps a new Hot pursuit/High Stakes styled nfs. :drool:

Keep in mind that Criterion used to develop this canceled actual Most Wanted Sequel before it was canned due to time constraints and releases the cookie cutter/discount version instead.

Noted that this build didn't actually have brake to drift before changing in mind and putting it back for the final version.

Its quite good. Actually fitting with Ghost development direction if you ask me.

And perhaps my favourite hands down. Just listen to the final quote!

Last edited:
"Set us up beautifully with #NFSHeat"

This has multiple meanings, but whatever it is means good news: 1) Criterion has been given the baton to support Heat with future updates, which could also explain why support has been so lacklustre to date with assets and personnel being transferred across the two studios. 2) Moving forward, Criterion plan on building on the foundations created by NFS Heat for future games.

My concerns have been put at ease, now I'm looking forward to developments from this move. :)

I haven't played Heat a lot, and surprises me to see that people here love it (I actually liked it a bit). But IMO this is the best news for the saga in decades. I think Ghost is by far the worst dev NFS ever had.

Who knows what will be the direction of the next NFS, Criterion is completely unrecognizable. I wish with all my heart they come back to what EA Canada did in the 90's. Meaning, a spiritual successor to Driveclub.

Literally nothing has happened yet how are we drawing these conclusions

Judging the games that criterion made. I judge by the apparent.

We will see but I will still hold this judgement.

If criterions new direction is like a spiritual successor to the 90s nfs akin to a driveclub along with a cockpit view I will no doubt preorder it. If it has a mix of everything including tuning and customisation I will go and buy it too. I think criterion does epic police chases minus the pursuit tech.

Judging the games that criterion made. I judge by the apparent.

We will see but I will still hold this judgement.

If criterions new direction is like a spiritual successor to the 90s nfs akin to a driveclub along with a cockpit view I will no doubt preorder it. If it has a mix of everything including tuning and customisation I will go and buy it too. I think criterion does epic police chases minus the pursuit tech.

It’s been like 8 years since Criterion lead a NFS game. If they themselves know that the power ups and brake-to-drift weren’t received well by the community they’re not going to immediately go back to it when developing a new game

It’s been like 8 years since Criterion lead a NFS game. If they themselves know that the power ups and brake-to-drift weren’t received well by the community they’re not going to immediately go back to it when developing a new game

I hope they dont. I got no problem with cops using tech I dont like unrealistic ones like shockwave and stun mines.

Not to mention racers using pursuit tech makes the game look like mario kart. Only thing racers deserve is turbo and jammers nothing else. They should not use spikestrips or whatever tech that cops use.

Being a racer comes with risks not to mention cops are going to throw everything at you. Just makes being a racer more fun.

I dont know why an arcade racing game needs all this cartoonish stuff. It's like devs think the game wont be triple A if it doesn't have a zillion secondary missions and 007 car features.

Dude, focus on the racing and car chases. Focus on AI, physics, online structure and maybe rating, track design... Many modern racers feel like crap but they look like fun on the outside.

Classic NFS were a blast while being quite simple.

WOOOOO TIME FOR MORE HORRENDOUS BURNOUT CLONES
You say this like Ghost didn't employ most of Criterion and that they aren't being transfering Ghost employees over to Criterion anyways.

TL;DR: Ghost announces Ghost 2, hopefully with less layoffs this time.

FYI, I'm not defending anybody, but one game did all the powerup stuff and we all want it back today ...

818KLj-AlHL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my crew to level 50 and platinumed the game. Literally 90% of that rep was by me alone. Thanks to all the other 26 members (not) :lol: Then spent 2 days grinding credits for the FXXK. Yeah not worth it IMO. Too grippy and not that fast in a straight line either. The best hypers for me are either P1 (base, not GTR) and Huayra BC in terms of speed, handling, ease of use and versatility. LaF & FXXK are too grippy. 918 too understeery. Vulcan and SVJ too heavy. Ferrari F40 and New Ford GT is too oversteery under power.

In terms of supers, Pista and 911 GT2 are the best ones and can give the hypers a run for their money when fully tuned. Everyone is raving about the Huracan Perf but it's too grippy for my taste. The old supers (Diablo and Testa) are no doubt the coolest but they're just slow accelerating and less precise with steering. And that's the cars that I've tested so far. Only need to grind 9 million credits more to buy the rest :crazy:

If I was Ghost, I'd make it so that once you unlock all Ultimate parts, the High Heat races would give out random engine swap parts. Maybe they could also have weekly rotation of abandoned/derelict cars (either the top hypers, more legendary/boss cars or special themed cars like in Payback) that could only be obtained at night and you have to bring them back to garage while being chased by heat 5 cops. Or even have a global crew rep leaderboard. Anything to make racing at night have meaning. As it is, I literally have ZERO incentive anymore to go out at night. Even grinding credits during the day is extremely boring (once you have a 400+ car, the AI even on Hard poses no challenge). I've resorted to trying to get top 1 times on all the race leaderboards, but even that gets boring too without extra credit bonuses.

Really hoping for some interesting DLC soon. The Diablo and Testa needs some more 90s supercar to keep them company. Maybe a classic supercars pack containing Mac F1, F50, XJ220, EB110 and CLK GTR? :drool:

Re: Ghost getting rebranded to Criterion, I've posted my thoughts the relevant thread. Basically it changes nothing guys so calm down. IMO Heat is a good step and they should continue to expand more on this style of NFS. As much as I'd like the old school PS1 NFS, I don't think the younger generation likes that type of game anymore. Besides, between Driveclub and AC mods I got that side covered ;)

Even fully tune is the P1 really better then the GTR? i didn't really test them against each other.

For my driving style it is. It's easier to drift, slightly better offroad and has higher damage resistance. Just generally more versatile overall. In fact that seems to be the case for most cars that have a more focused track counterpart. The special edition cars are cool on paper, but speedwise it's not much different from the "base" model and the handling is usually far too grippy (not to mention the lack of customisation).

Honestly most of the top cars are pretty close. Just pick one that suits your driving style. The top guy in most of my TT leaderboards use the F40 but I can't drive that car to save my life :lol: Also don't forget to experiment with tyre/suspension/diff combos, as each car need different setups to suit different conditions. The Huayra for example drives pretty good with showcase susp/diff, track tyre and TC on. It's grippy enough but can drift easily on demand. Unfortunately I don't have time to find the sweet spot for every car so for parity sake I test each car with full track setup first.

Last edited:
A few more cars tested. Countach is surprisingly good handling for an old car (and can reach 400+ with stock engine!). Doesn't have the top end of the top hypers but at least you'll look cooler than everyone else. New NSX is also surprisingly good handling for a 4WD car (all others that I've tested are understeering pigs) and also can reach 400+ stock engine. Finally, I just realised that the Huracan Spyder is the 4WD model with 610 HP, while the standard coupe is the RWD model with 570 HP. I was so confused at first because every other convertible car version is slower than their coupe counterpart except this one. The coupe model is the one to buy IMO. Most agile handling and can be tuned to be just as fast as the Performante.

Latest Posts

Back