Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Finally got my first Ultimate part! I'm guessing that Heat 3 races give you Ultimate and Heat 5 races are Ultimate+.

Both can give you Ultimate or Ultimate+ . It depends on your driver reputation and/or place you got in that race. I think you will get ultimate+ for 1st and for 2nd and 3rd normal ultimate part

Both can give you Ultimate or Ultimate+ . It depends on your driver reputation and/or place you got in that race. I think you will get ultimate+ for 1st and for 2nd and 3rd normal ultimate part
Wrong. Heat 3 race always gives you Ultimate parts and Heat 5 gives you Ultimate+, as long as you finish 5th and higher.

I'm thinking about getting this game, but I'm worried about this "item synchronization" bug that apparently removes your cars and credits. Is it still an issue?

Wrong. Heat 3 race always gives you Ultimate parts and Heat 5 gives you Ultimate+, as long as you finish 5th and higher.
So, you don't need to win to get the part? Just top 5?

I'm working on the Aston contracts and one of them is to finish top 3 in a Heat 5 race.

So, you don't need to win to get the part? Just top 5?

I'm working on the Aston contracts and one of them is to finish top 3 in a Heat 5 race.
Yes.

The position of your race affects more of your Rep and Bank you'll gain at the finish (e.g. finish 1st will net you more than 4th). Volatile part will be given to you if you finish 5th or above, no matter what.

Black Market missions are independent from the volatile part prize.

I'm thinking about getting this game, but I'm worried about this "item synchronization" bug that apparently removes your cars and credits. Is it still an issue?

problem occurs if you change very often from online to offline gameplay. Or something like that. I spent 80% of my time in offline play and i never had that problem.

I believe they said they patched it in a previous update.

I switch between off and online a lot, not had that problem.

Tho yesterday had a weird bug, the game said i had to buy a psn subscription, (mine is valid till november).
restarting the game did not work, but restarting the PS4 did (could that be because i'm running 7.5 beta version?

Actually Heat 5 can give both U/U+ parts. Heat 3 can ONLY give out U parts.

So as to not double up and waste time unnecessarily (because getting to H5 is harder than H3), it's advised to do only H3 races until you get all 11 Ultimate parts (as long as you don't sell any, they will be given out sequentially without doubling up). Then once you're done do 4 more H5 races to get the remaining U+ parts.

My personal method to level heat quickly:

Heat 3 - just do any one of the Discovery race (pick one that finishes close to the starting point of your next H3 race)

Heat 5 - do Discovery B, then drive to the oval and do clockwise laps and either repeat the jump/speedtrap near the front straight until you're Heat 5. Depending on luck you might or might not have cops chasing you at this point but they're pretty easy to lose anyway (either by pure speed or jumping out of the oval). Once you do just drive to your H5 race and keep an eye on the minimap to avoid any cops en route.

You don’t always have to do that order just be faster than the other racers and watch out for cops personally I like to do heat 5 first it gives me a challenge if you want a challenge

Heat 5 - do Discovery B, then drive to the oval and do clockwise laps and either repeat the jump/speedtrap near the front straight until you're Heat 5. Depending on luck you might or might not have cops chasing you at this point but they're pretty easy to lose anyway (either by pure speed or jumping out of the oval). Once you do just drive to your H5 race and keep an eye on the minimap to avoid any cops en route.
Might try that for the Aston Contracts.

Heat 5 races are impossible. Cops are super aggressive and I don't have high enough parts for a quick getaway.

Here are my current wheel settings if anyones interested. I’m using a G29.

Max Rotation: 520
Deadzone: 0
Force Feedback: 55
Tire Force: 55
Spring Force: 55
Damper Force: 55
Surface Force: 70
Collision Force: 50

Reiji NFS Payback campaign video is 9 hours. Heat video is 4. Is the NFS Heat campaign really this short?

I don't really care since I'm interested in the cars and what they do. Seems they took a Forza Horizon approach, you qualify for the Festival then the whole game is the Festival with frequent updates. Despite my "reputation" 'round some parts here, I'm not opposed to that, as long as there's no timed cars (like in Payback and Forza Horizon itself).

This month shows clear differences between the games BTW. EA still bets on DLC but McLaren is permanent and highly customizable. Microsoft/PG is going for timed but they made this a vintage month with classics such as the Napier-Railton and Toyota 2000GT. Having played both NFS and Forza I think the games can coexist and be appreciated in their own way, NFS for the frenzy and DIY factor and Forza for the scenery, physics and variety.

Heat is really that short if you just rush through the campaign, I think the last mission has a level cap of 30. I do enjoy my time with NFS more than Forza, the constant weekly content in Forza was fun initially in FH4 but it is just a chore to do it now.

In a way recent NFS does feel like the games back in 2010, you buy the game, finish the campaign then move on to do whatever you want to do or wait for the DLCs. If you done with everything and bored of it, just move on to the next game.

Tips to avoid the 🤬 cops!!?? I got busted 4 times in a row!! -.- (level 10)

If you are not interested in maximising rep gains, then you should drive as fast as you can and lose them while you are still at heat level 2. If your car is rated below 200, going to heat level 3 is not advisable.

On the other hand, if you want to maximise rep gains, learn the map and look for jumps, these act as pursuit breakers for the most part. Some of the most OP jumps can be found in Port Murphy, but any jump which crosses over a body of water are instant cop-killers.

If you are not interested in maximising rep gains, then you should drive as fast as you can and lose them while you are still at heat level 2. If your car is rated below 200, going to heat level 3 is not advisable.

On the other hand, if you want to maximise rep gains, learn the map and look for jumps, these act as pursuit breakers for the most part. Some of the most OP jumps can be found in Port Murphy, but any jump which crosses over a body of water are instant cop-killers.

Knowing map is very important, in MW I cheesed the cops all day, in Carbon I wasn't so good at it because the breakers were worse and I didn't know the map as much.

Back