Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
I was happy to see this is on EA Access now. I'm working my way through Payback and really enjoying it - do they complement each other well or are there features in Heat that would make me miss the older game?

I'm rather keen on the ability to tune the engine/exhaust sounds, despite it being a somewhat superficial feature.

VXR
I was happy to see this is on EA Access now. I'm working my way through Payback and really enjoying it - do they complement each other well or are there features in Heat that would make me miss the older game?

I'm rather keen on the ability to tune the engine/exhaust sounds, despite it being a somewhat superficial feature.

One key feature Payback has that Heat misses out on is scouting the map for parts to rebuild derelict cars. Other than that, I would say Heat is an all-round improvement and a far more fun game to play. Conventional upgrades return, police chases are more worthwhile and the brake-to-drift advantage has been drastically toned down.

Two things to be wary of - When you first use your starter car in Heat you may find the handling a bit tricky, so be sure to get parts to maximize its grip performance to have better control of the car. Also, avoid going beyond heat level 3 in the starting phase of the game because it is really difficult to outrun the cops with a sub-200 rated car.

red bull 370z nfs heat only available for the Arab world is segregationist at EAs finest. Not available for the rest of the worl.

red bull 370z nfs heat only available for the Arab world is segregationist at EAs finest. Not available for the rest of the worl.

I just went to the website and they sent me the code. Not from Middle East, neither is my email and they didn't ask for location either. Took a few hours though so just be patient and check it doesn't go to your spam folder. I'm on PS4 though and I've heard that XBOX codes have run out.

https://www.redbullcarparkdrift.com/nfs

Car is nothing special. Even slower than the 370Z Heritage already in the game and you can't customize anything visually.

Last edited:
Annotation 2020-08-29 084106.png

Who knew that a duplicate car with a event-specific sponsorship livery would piss so many people off...

Can you not just get the in game 370z and search for the livery which is probably made exactly the same by a shared player? is there something im missing why this Z is so special?

Im sure it cant be modified either so what use would it have in your garage.

Can you not just get the in game 370z and search for the livery which is probably made exactly the same by a shared player? is there something im missing why this Z is so special?

Im sure it cant be modified either so what use would it have in your garage.

It’s for the Middle East like cities like Dubai

I downloaded Heat via EA access and I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as Payback, which surprised me considering the reputation each game has.

The handling is marginally better, but it's still far from actually being good and the dorifto-mode seems to be less predictable than it was in Payback when you could at least summon the drifts precisely when you wanted/needed them.

The visuals are better in an absolute sense (it's certainly pretty) but the dynamic time of day in Payback was more interesting for me considering the open world nature.

The atmosphere & environment in Payback were a touch better - it felt more like a populated city than Palm City...which feels almost completely abandoned.

The story in Payback was a lot more compelling and I found myself playing the game to complete it. The story in Heat is pretty boring, not really immersive, and doesn't really seem to go anywhere. When I actually finished the last story mission I was surprised it actually was the last story mission, it didn't feel like any sort of proper resolution. The progression felt a lot more compelling in Payback as well. I actually enjoyed the notion of defeating different leagues to get into the final race. Speaking of immersion, I miss the commentary while driving that the characters in Payback would offer up - it's a minor detail but those things count for a lot in an open world game.

The car tuning is better in Heat I guess, but it's not really in-depth enough for me to feel it's actually better than the arbitrary system in Payback.

The cops are impossible and so I avoid night racing as much as possible...I was able to beat the story by gaining RP via loops of the speedway...I didn't need to really engage in the night races at all. This kind of leads into another part about Heat that I find strange...I've "beaten" the game but there are tons and tons of events/races to still do and I just...don't want to do them. I guess I can unlock stuff, but the racing isn't really fun so I probably won't. I didn't like the drag racing in Payback so much, but it feels weird that it's completely absent in Heat. The drifting storyline also felt remarkably underbaked in Heat.

All in all, the game just didn't really grab me the way Payback unexpectedly did.

I downloaded Heat via EA access and I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as Payback, which surprised me considering the reputation each game has.

The handling is marginally better, but it's still far from actually being good and the dorifto-mode seems to be less predictable than it was in Payback when you could at least summon the drifts precisely when you wanted/needed them.

The visuals are better in an absolute sense (it's certainly pretty) but the dynamic time of day in Payback was more interesting for me considering the open world nature.

The atmosphere & environment in Payback were a touch better - it felt more like a populated city than Palm City...which feels almost completely abandoned.

The story in Payback was a lot more compelling and I found myself playing the game to complete it. The story in Heat is pretty boring, not really immersive, and doesn't really seem to go anywhere. When I actually finished the last story mission I was surprised it actually was the last story mission, it didn't feel like any sort of proper resolution. The progression felt a lot more compelling in Payback as well. I actually enjoyed the notion of defeating different leagues to get into the final race. Speaking of immersion, I miss the commentary while driving that the characters in Payback would offer up - it's a minor detail but those things count for a lot in an open world game.

The car tuning is better in Heat I guess, but it's not really in-depth enough for me to feel it's actually better than the arbitrary system in Payback.

The cops are impossible and so I avoid night racing as much as possible...I was able to beat the story by gaining RP via loops of the speedway...I didn't need to really engage in the night races at all. This kind of leads into another part about Heat that I find strange...I've "beaten" the game but there are tons and tons of events/races to still do and I just...don't want to do them. I guess I can unlock stuff, but the racing isn't really fun so I probably won't. I didn't like the drag racing in Payback so much, but it feels weird that it's completely absent in Heat. The drifting storyline also felt remarkably underbaked in Heat.

All in all, the game just didn't really grab me the way Payback unexpectedly did.

I agree with only thing about this subject the cops are practically impossible compared to the other games they need to nerf the cops in this game

The cops aren't too hard or too easy. The difficulty curve is just really dumb and doesn't really work well with the performance range of cars in this game.

The cops aren't too hard or too easy. The difficulty curve is just really dumb and doesn't really work well with the performance range of cars in this game.

I agree the cops are extremely stupid it’s like ea and ghost don’t want the players to be superior in the game.

I was hyped for this game but still didn't get it at full price.
I am glad I didn't.
Bought it a month ago for $29 and upon playing it, I was really disappointed.
This game is a Forza Horizon clone with nothing redeeming.
Even the new features are half assed.

You're probably right. My main frustration was early on in the game when I had a level ~200 car and was trying to get away from a Heat-3 chase. They were sending the Corvettes against me 5 at a time and there was just no chance of getting away. But with a level 300+ car, it's a lot easier. Basically the problem is that the difficulty of the police does not scale at all with the vehicle you are driving.

I really hope all the models that Ghost has made for NFS 2015, Payback, and now Heat will carry over to the next game, as I think it'd be a real waste to not re-use those assets. The only exceptions I'd make would be the various cars in Heat where you can't modify much beyond the paint and wheels, like the GT-R Nismo, as opposed to the more typical R35. I wouldn't mind those staying behind at all - even if it means losing the Ferraris. Like, I'd really prefer it if we could outfit the 458 with the Liberty Walk kit, but if Ferrari doesn't want us to, then I'd just omit Ferrari altogether.

And I think we could see new bodykit designs replace some of the ones by Ghost, though I'd keep all the Khyzyl Saleem ones and have a logo indicating them as such. Heck, I think it's silly to have some of these parts separated into each pair of fenders, side skirts, etc. and I'd instead just make them bodykits you could install instead, which may or may not include certain parts. It'd be a lot more like in MW2005 in that regard, instead of UG2. And, if a given bodykit doesn't include say, a rear diffuser, then you could still pick whichever one you want. I just think that'd be better for the UI/UX/QoL, instead of picking each individual fender and stuff.

I can only really imagine what was planned for Heat before Covid threw a monkey wrench into everything, but I think the move back to Guilford is going to help a lot, too. As EA said, it's supposedly a lot easier to find talent in the UK than in Sweden, and I think that'll be reflected in the fact that Criterion is going to be working on the next game. Remember that the last NFS game to get a MetaCritic score above 80 was developed by Criterion, being MW2012.

Last edited:
Like, I'd really prefer it if we could outfit the 458 with the Liberty Walk kit, but if Ferrari doesn't want us to, then I'd just omit Ferrari altogether.
They tried that already. People were asking where the hell Ferrari went.

They tried that already. People were asking where the hell Ferrari went.
Then just say Ferrari didn't wanna play ball. Which seems to often be close to the truth, when it comes to them. Given how Ferrari continues to have their heads up their asses, it's no wonder Ferruccio was so furious back in the day.

Last edited:
Then just say Ferrari didn't wanna play ball. Which seems to often be close to the truth, when it comes to them. Given how Ferrari continues to have their heads up their asses, it's no wonder Ferruccio was so furious back in the day.
Don't you dare touch my beloved Ferrari. :lol:

I mean, I'd definitely welcome them, but I just wish we could modify their cars in the same way you can modify most of the other cars in NFS.

I think if they just pick Ferrari with racing variant it will be fine, those race kits looks good. Will be nice to have F50 and F50 GT1 as a kit, no spoiler F50 will be interesting to look at.

I think if they just pick Ferrari with racing variant it will be fine, those race kits looks good. Will be nice to have F50 and F50 GT1 as a kit, no spoiler F50 will be interesting to look at.
I guess, but I'd really prefer to have some kits, like by Koenig.

Back