Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by FT-1, Aug 19, 2018.

1. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

Didn't know the C10 truck is bad for off road but if you are still keeping the C10 truck, turn it into a drift truck. It is very good for drifting and I use to complete all the drift challenge.

FoRiZon, The reaper and ZGBox like this.
  2. VXR

VXR

I was happy to see this is on EA Access now. I'm working my way through Payback and really enjoying it - do they complement each other well or are there features in Heat that would make me miss the older game?

I'm rather keen on the ability to tune the engine/exhaust sounds, despite it being a somewhat superficial feature.

3. FT-1

FT-1

One key feature Payback has that Heat misses out on is scouting the map for parts to rebuild derelict cars. Other than that, I would say Heat is an all-round improvement and a far more fun game to play. Conventional upgrades return, police chases are more worthwhile and the brake-to-drift advantage has been drastically toned down.

Two things to be wary of - When you first use your starter car in Heat you may find the handling a bit tricky, so be sure to get parts to maximize its grip performance to have better control of the car. Also, avoid going beyond heat level 3 in the starting phase of the game because it is really difficult to outrun the cops with a sub-200 rated car.

Vigne, Petroperu, ZGBox and 1 other person like this.
  4. notsofast

notsofast

Thankyou!

5. The reaper

The reaper

Of course

6. JER_CREST

JER_CREST Premium

red bull 370z nfs heat only available for the Arab world is segregationist at EAs finest. Not available for the rest of the worl.

7. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

I just went to the website and they sent me the code. Not from Middle East, neither is my email and they didn't ask for location either. Took a few hours though so just be patient and check it doesn't go to your spam folder. I'm on PS4 though and I've heard that XBOX codes have run out.

https://www.redbullcarparkdrift.com/nfs

Car is nothing special. Even slower than the 370Z Heritage already in the game and you can't customize anything visually.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  8. the13PeSK

the13PeSK Premium

Annotation 2020-08-29 084106.png

9. The reaper

The reaper

Well that sucks that that car is not available in America

10. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

Who knew that a duplicate car with a event-specific sponsorship livery would piss so many people off...

11. The reaper

The reaper

It should have came to American servers!!!

12. JER_CREST

JER_CREST Premium

I agree

13. Sage Ages

Sage Ages

It's almost as if the livery was designed after a specific drift car from the Middle East, that competed in an event in... the Middle East...

14. rom30s

rom30s

Can you not just get the in game 370z and search for the livery which is probably made exactly the same by a shared player? is there something im missing why this Z is so special?

Im sure it cant be modified either so what use would it have in your garage.

15. The reaper

The reaper

It’s for the Middle East like cities like Dubai

16. The reaper

The reaper

I have a question

what is the Porsche 911 useful for

17. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo Premium

I downloaded Heat via EA access and I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as Payback, which surprised me considering the reputation each game has.

The handling is marginally better, but it's still far from actually being good and the dorifto-mode seems to be less predictable than it was in Payback when you could at least summon the drifts precisely when you wanted/needed them.

The visuals are better in an absolute sense (it's certainly pretty) but the dynamic time of day in Payback was more interesting for me considering the open world nature.

The atmosphere & environment in Payback were a touch better - it felt more like a populated city than Palm City...which feels almost completely abandoned.

The story in Payback was a lot more compelling and I found myself playing the game to complete it. The story in Heat is pretty boring, not really immersive, and doesn't really seem to go anywhere. When I actually finished the last story mission I was surprised it actually was the last story mission, it didn't feel like any sort of proper resolution. The progression felt a lot more compelling in Payback as well. I actually enjoyed the notion of defeating different leagues to get into the final race. Speaking of immersion, I miss the commentary while driving that the characters in Payback would offer up - it's a minor detail but those things count for a lot in an open world game.

The car tuning is better in Heat I guess, but it's not really in-depth enough for me to feel it's actually better than the arbitrary system in Payback.

The cops are impossible and so I avoid night racing as much as possible...I was able to beat the story by gaining RP via loops of the speedway...I didn't need to really engage in the night races at all. This kind of leads into another part about Heat that I find strange...I've "beaten" the game but there are tons and tons of events/races to still do and I just...don't want to do them. I guess I can unlock stuff, but the racing isn't really fun so I probably won't. I didn't like the drag racing in Payback so much, but it feels weird that it's completely absent in Heat. The drifting storyline also felt remarkably underbaked in Heat.

All in all, the game just didn't really grab me the way Payback unexpectedly did.

the13PeSK likes this.