Need for Speed Heat Won't Support Wheels (at Least at Launch)

LOL, mind you are they wrong to put their development efforts elsewhere given that most increments of NFS are generally as pure an arcade racer as it can be without being called Mario Cart.

Don't get me wrong, I play a hell of a lot of Wipeout so I'm definitely not anti arcade racers, so I personally don't have a problem regarding wheel support, or the lack of it on a title such as NFS.

It's simply not aimed at us.

Payback was awful on wheel, also had to keep unplugging my wheel to stop it from interfering. I see this as a good thing honestly.

I'll just say this as a person that cannot use a controller I'm old and stupid with a car with one that I'll not be supporting Heat!

I'm more surprised Payback supported wheels. :lol:

I remember Hot Pursuit was great fun with a DFGT Wheel.

How did all the drifting work? Did you countersteer constantly or was it still done automatically? I also remember the handling being fun and suiting the roads, but never tried it with the G27.

I'm more surprised Payback supported wheels. :lol:

How did all the drifting work? Did you countersteer constantly or was it still done automatically? I also remember the handling being fun and suiting the roads, but never tried it with the G27.

You could countersteer but taping the break then drifting was fun even though it was arcade. Pursuit chases and taking down cars was a thrill.

It will work with all the Wheels that also have a Game Pad mode.
such as the T80 and the Hori wheels.

No Force Feedback, but at least it's a steering wheel.

The Grand Tour game worked great with the T80 in Game Pad mode.
So to did the past NFS games.

The game engine isn't that far off from Payback and 2015, right?

Maybe they pulled it out temporarily for optimization purposes?

I see NFS as the game equivalent of Fast & Furious - casual, fun, and about entertainment rather than realism. I used to love every instalment but they have been hit & miss over the last decade, some I love and some I can't even play.

a videogame with cars suck if not use wheels. Pad is good for war games, not for vehicles. I will never buy NFS.
You don’t know how wrong you are there is plenty of people that dosen’t use wheels or care for it, and nfs is not exactly a game that is good with a wheel. You don’t need a wheel to have fun in a racing game.

its a NFS. Even NFS Porsche was just fine on keyboard. And that was much closer to ''simulator'' then this surely will be.

Without a cockpit view, this is a no buy for me. Really no excuse not to have interior view in this day and age. Pretty much every serious racing game, whether arcade or sim, has it. Lazy developers if you ask me.
Lack of wheel support would not be an issue for me.

a videogame with cars suck if not use wheels. Pad is good for war games, not for vehicles. I will never buy NFS.
So you're telling me......that rocket league would be better with wheel support:boggled:

Without a cockpit view, this is a no buy for me. Really no excuse not to have interior view in this day and age. Pretty much every serious racing game, whether arcade or sim, has it. Lazy developers if you ask me.
Lack of wheel support would not be an issue for me.
In that case don't get your hopes up then.

Burnout and Wreckfest type games beg to differ. I really enjoy Need for Speed Hot Pursuit with a pad as well.

No big deal tbh, NFS is an Arcade Racer, it doesn't need to have wheel support.

I never really understood this sentiment... Growing up, every racing game at literally every arcade I've ever gone to has had steering wheels at them... Cruis'n, Rush, Kaido, etc. All other modern AAA arcade racers have them as well... The Crew, GRiD, Horizon, Dirt, DriveClub, etc.

With Heat claiming to have a new physics model, this seems like a miss (from a showcase of innovation standpoint) from my pov. Sure, the game can be played well w/ a pad. But the option to play wheel should definitely be available for a game of this stature, from a publisher as big/renown as EA. The lack of a cockpit view is a miss as well.

Last edited:
I never really understood this sentiment... Growing up, every racing game at every literal arcade I've ever gone has had steering wheels at them... Cruis'n, Rush, Kaido, etc. All other modern AAA arcade racers have them as well... The Crew, GRiD, Horizon, Dirt, DriveClub, etc.

Yeah. This is really weird. Because the most arcade games, like Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Scud Race, Outrun etc etc. Where played on arcade machines with... Steering wheels (with force feedback even! ). I don't know why people don't want this kind of experience in home.

No big deal tbh, NFS is an Arcade Racer, it doesn't need to have wheel support.
Well I’m an older guy and I grew up hanging out at arcades. If all those arcade racing cabinets had joysticks instead of wheels, the arcades wouldn’t have lasted nearly as long as they did.

To be honest, arcade racing games usually meant to be played and optimized for controller use. Wheels are just a nice bonus, but it isn't mandatory.

Back