Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2: Thrill of the Chase

So last weekend while at my dads new house digging through boxes of old CDs, video games, dvds, and even a few VHS tapes, looking for this game! I was telling my roommate how great this game was and since we already had a PS2 at our house (we actually have two PS2s, one PS1, one PS3, and two PS4s here between the two of us) I had to find this game!

Would you believe that I found TWO cases for NFSHP2 while digging through the boxes and not ONE copy of the disc?!

Well I already had my mind set on bringing this game back with me, so after a quick trip to V-Stock and $12.99+tax dollars later, I’m now the proud owner of a 3rd copy of NFSHP2.

Better yet? My memory card (remember those:lol:) still had my last save data from the game, which probably wasn’t all that long ago, already had all the cars and tracks unlocked:D

TL;DR- I bought another copy of this game after not finding either copy I already own:bowdown:

So last weekend while at my dads new house digging through boxes of old CDs, video games, dvds, and even a few VHS tapes, looking for this game! I was telling my roommate how great this game was and since we already had a PS2 at our house (we actually have two PS2s, one PS1, one PS3, and two PS4s here between the two of us) I had to find this game!

Would you believe that I found TWO cases for NFSHP2 while digging through the boxes and not ONE copy of the disc?!

Well I already had my mind set on bringing this game back with me, so after a quick trip to V-Stock and $12.99+tax dollars later, I’m now the proud owner of a 3rd copy of NFSHP2.

Better yet? My memory card (remember those:lol:) still had my last save data from the game, which probably wasn’t all that long ago, already had all the cars and tracks unlocked:D

TL;DR- I bought another copy of this game after not finding either copy I already own:bowdown:

That disc is now spoilt for choice, it has 3 cases to live in! :lol:

That disc is now spoilt for choice, it has 3 cases to live in! :lol:
Crazy thing is, I’m pretty sure whenever I bought the second one the same thing had happened. Granted this would’ve been years ago, but eventually they’ll find their way home

I`m in mid 40s damn how time flies feeling old the good old days. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 what a game love it to this day next to Most Wanted 2005 I had the PS2 version and one of the best music soundtrack especially the rock tunes and still listening to it and when I do I go back in memory line how I played NFSH2 into early hours in the morning they don't make games like NFSH2 & Most Wanted 2005 anymore I hope they find the guys behind who created these beautiful games and use the exact formula to create an updated game with todays gaming hardware.

I still got my PS2 memory card with my NFSHP2 save game that is 16 years old but I sold my PS2 and games many years ago but kept the memory card.

Funny thing about that...Hot Action Cop recorded alternate versions of Going Down On It and Fever For The Flava with E-rated, racing-themed lyrics for this game. I discovered this very early on because my brother, who was much older than me, was shocked I knew and liked both songs, considering what they were about. And I loooooved them as a kid. They're still a guilty pleasure.

But neither of us realized the ones in the game were different until much later. I can't even begin to describe the lyrical content of the original songs here -- I'd be banned until the end of time. So use Google, kids!
I had always wondered if they went to EA and offered to make clean versions of those songs, or if it was EA that came to them first and said "hey, your songs are really popular right now and we want to use them, but, ummm..." EA has known to do an occasional strange edit to censor out things in licensed songs, though I guess in a lot of those cases that could be down to the ESRB being over-reactionary about them. ("What's that? Did Bon Jovi just say the word cigarette in that song?! Tobacco reference! M RATING! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!")

Either way, it's still pretty impressive that Hot Action Cop managed to take rather explicit songs and rework them to not only be general audience but also relevant to the game they were used in. Even if it is still fairly obvious that they're supposed to be about... well, ah, you know. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more.

As far as the game itself goes, I think that and Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero are the only two PS2 games that I ever fully completed, so that should say something about how much I liked it. I think the fact that it stuck to the NFS3 formula was what really made it so appealing. No dull slogs where you aimlessly run around a confusing map trying to get out of the police's magic detection bubble, just floor it and get to the end in one piece. That simplicity makes for a much tighter and more exciting experience.

At the time of release, HP2 had the most realistic engine sounds I had heard in a game. They're at least on par with GT Sport, fifteen years earlier.

Back