Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered Revealed, Arrives November 6

I can't even imagine MW2005 without Nine Thou. But I could imagine the disappointment. What about if Toyota and Lexus dropped...

I think MW2005 will need a remake, high res textures and better lighting won't really make the game any better for most people. As much as I love that game and I still play it very often but I don't think the usual remaster will be enough for that one.

The absence of SLR is very strange. EA's phone games Real Racing 3 and NFS No Limits they got it via update. Also is present in recent console games like GT Sport and The Crew 2.
If I remember correctly Forza Horizon 4 leaked car list have the Stirling Moss variant.
So why removed it from remaster?

If they listened to gamers they'd of remastered this...
Need_for_Speed_Most_Wanted_Box_Art.jpg

I pray everyday to the game industry gods for them to bring this one remastered. It's on my top 3 favorite games of that era.

Honestly, the original was perhaps the best-looking racer that I ever played, on the virtue that it imitated reality to the best of 2010's standards. I especially loved how it managed to conceal the deficits in models' detail with the force of shaders and the colour balance was absolutely spot-on.

It's great to see all of the detail in the game after having been given a higher resolution and antialiasing, but I'm going to throw a spanner out there and suggest that Carbon would have actually been better to see remastered. The PC version of that game hasn't entirely held up after 14 years, but I liked the look of all the content they cut from the game as well as the ultimate scope of the final product.

Well I think I am going to buy this on Pre-Order but before I commit does anyone know if this is IT? I.e no sneaky Season Pass that will be added later or Micro transaction stuff that is normally associated with EA games?

Nothing will be taken 100% but it seems like it's a good deal for the Pre-Order price for an old game I liked...
TMU, the only thing being added post-launch is the car wrap feature according to a couple YouTubers who got early access.

Anyone remember if you could choose manual transmission? I remember NFS: MW 2012 you couldn't choose but I completely forgot about HP: 2010? I'm too lazy to fire up the 360...

TMU, the only thing being added post-launch is the car wrap feature according to a couple YouTubers who got early access.
Is there any footage of it? I'm actually not too sure I'll get this one, seeing how I got the Platinum on the PS3 version. It's nice that they're making this great game available for this generation of consoles, but I've already played the original - and thoroughly, too. I think I'll just wait for NFS 2021 instead.

Is there any footage of it? I'm actually not too sure I'll get this one, seeing how I got the Platinum on the PS3 version. It's nice that they're making this great game available for this generation of consoles, but I've already played the original - and thoroughly, too. I think I'll just wait for NFS 2021 instead.
I don’t think so since it’s not technically added yet. I wouldn’t expect anything crazy, though.
Anyone remember if you could choose manual transmission? I remember NFS: MW 2012 you couldn't choose but I completely forgot about HP: 2010? I'm too lazy to fire up the 360...
Auto only, I’m pretty sure. But they said they were adding some QOL updates, so maybe?

I don't think they will hide something like manual transmission as QoL update but I think they should be able to patch in a manual transmission if they want to. The camera hack for HP2010 PC back then comes with a manual transmission mod.

Last edited:
Yawn/10.

Completely predictable move.

This was a great game, I think we could have done nicely with just a friendly "patch" that just improves the graphics and adds the DLC, but nope.

Licensing is a pain, I know. I'll forgive them for that...though wasn't there an SLR just added to No Limits a month ago?

Games as an industry folks. I've gotten quite used to it, I think a lot of people should have expected this by now from none other than Electronic Arts.

I'll wait for a community patch that backports this content to the original...that is IF it doesn't get C&D'd somehow.

My favourite NFS for the best part of two decades. I bought HP2010 after being jaded by the franchise post UG2, but it was way better than I could have hope for.

I'm so into 'older' gaming experiences at the minute; the immediacy of TH1+2, the tried and true Master League mode of PES20 for example. Having an older, more traditional style NFS is music to my ears.

I see new trend that EA has. They started to give us "smaller games" and "remasters" for 40 dollars. Games like Squadrons, Hot Pursuit Remaster (probably Mass Effect remastered) i think this is kind of taking money from people who are not satisfied with new games price going up.

Why they quit of some Mercedes and Carbon Motors car?
Carbon Motors declares bankruptcy back in 2013.
The case of Mercedes SLR it's not clear. It suppose to be some license issues between Mercedes and McLaren. But it got added this summer to NFS No Limits. So I don't know whats happened.

Why they quit of some Mercedes and Carbon Motors car?
The E7 never came to fruition and for years I thought that it was fictional. I think EA/Criterion are better off shelving it.

The SLRs? Go ask Mercedes or McLaren.

I really don't get why there is a need to remaster an HD era game. NFSHP2010 still looks good and hasn't aged as poorly as say NFSHP2 or any of the PS2 era games.
If there's one defence I could make, it's that loads of people's PS3s don't work anymore, so those people have the opportunity to play again now.

Not really a good reason when they could offer the original on PS Store as a digital version. This remaster is, in my opinion, a bit of a cash grab.

I really don't get why there is a need to remaster an HD era game. NFSHP2010 still looks good and hasn't aged as poorly as say NFSHP2 or any of the PS2 era games.

I think it is mostly convienient, Stellar Entertainment is doing the port for HP2010 and they are made up by a portion of the ex-Criterion Games dev that make the game back then and are familair with how the game engine works. They already port/remaster Burnout Paradise for current gen console and also got the game engine running smoothly on Switch, HP2010 looks like a easy next step. I'm guessing MW2012 likely be next.

Not really a good reason when they could offer the original on PS Store as a digital version. This remaster is, in my opinion, a bit of a cash grab.

Don't think it is possible to just offer the game on the PS4 without any extra work to get it running. Probably need to be repackaged like something Xbox did for backwards compatible games but that never happen for this game on Xbox either.

Other than rescripting some API(s) so the game recognizes PS4 controller inputs, what else needs to be done to get a PS3 game running on PS4?

Speaking of the original, it's been delisted.

I would assume if Sony, Microsoft or a Dev. wanted to take an old game and bring it back onto the digital store in its full, original creation (last gen graphics, content & all), that licensing & other issues would still need to be re-addressed. I would assume Carbon Motors' current ownership & Merc/McLaren would likely still be allowed to voice their matters on whether they approve their cars being brought back & used as such. It's been 10 years, the people running the show for each marque may have different attitudes towards video games showcasing their products, as evident by the remaster itself omitting them.

This thread actually makes me edgier to try it out, but this drift to turn control. I remember trying demo on PS3, and turned it off after 10 minutes. But everything else looks so juicy. Really have a need in arcade racer:). Just an idea of multiplayer with cops is great, and with remaster it may be at least crowded for a while. Doubt Rivals, as I heard good too, have people playing and Autolog working, and does Rivals have players as cops?

Last edited:
This thread actually makes me edgier to try it out, but this drift to turn control. I remember trying demo on PS3, and turned it off after 10 minutes. But everything else looks so juicy. Really have a need in arcade racer:). Just an idea of multiplayer with cops is great, and with remaster it may be at least crowded for a while. Doubt Rivals, as I heard good too, have people playing and Autolog working, and does Rivals have players as cops?
There will definitely be more people playing it since it's crossplay. But you will need friends for taking advantage of Autolog. Autolog is not like common leaderboards. Also tried the original again and I didn't remembered an imput lag. Basically the car is not responding immediately to de commands. You have to turn early. Which is not hard to master but it is a little bit strange. Or maybe it's just me being spoiled with modern games. It could also be fixed for the remaster. Also you will finish the campaign in less than 6h. Online is definitely where you will have much fun.
Rivals was sadly rushed and it was poorly optimize. So much wasted potential.

I'm thinking I should pick up a copy of HP2010R on release just for the multiplayer. I never really like multiplayer in most racing games but I love the multiplayer in HP2010 back then.

Rivals could have players as cops but when I last played it years ago on PC, most of the players are running around as racers in the open world. Rivals is decent, the single player cop chase is fun and it feels closest to MW2005 for me in terms of its intensity and ridiculous mood.

Rivals is like the sequel to Hot Pursuit. You can play as a Cop or Racer, although it's not as fun as Hot Pursuit IMO.

Rivals multiplayer is less fun compared to Hot Pursuit but I do enjoy the single player gameplay of Rivals more. Hot Pursuit single player is just way too restricted, car choice and classes of every event is locked to a few specific cars.

Other than rescripting some API(s) so the game recognizes PS4 controller inputs, what else needs to be done to get a PS3 game running on PS4?

Wasn't the PS3 architecture to be vastly different to PS4 that no games could just boot it up without significant amount of modification? They probably could do it through PS Now I guess.

I don't understand why they didn't reuse this trailer again. It would literally hype everyone again for the game.

While I agree (and so does everyone else) this is the best version of the CG cinematic, it was never in the original 2010 game either, just some whack alternate cuts with different music.

Back