Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005) Who Still Plays?

I've been playing this since a week or two ago. The first time I ever played it, I stopped the moment cops came in, but that was when the game was still very new. Since then, I have changed and have come to accept the pursuit feature in this and other games a little more.

However, I would appreciate some Tips or Advice for Pursuits in general. I find myself still hesitant to go past Heat Level 2. Plus, I can't really grind Bounty up to 10 Million for the final Blacklist Member since Milestones still have to be completed.

I've been playing this since a week or two ago. The first time I ever played it, I stopped the moment cops came in, but that was when the game was still very new. Since then, I have changed and have come to accept the pursuit feature in this and other games a little more.

However, I would appreciate some Tips or Advice for Pursuits in general. I find myself still hesitant to go past Heat Level 2. Plus, I can't really grind Bounty up to 10 Million for the final Blacklist Member since Milestones still have to be completed.
I ended up practicing pursuits in the Challenge Series before completing the career. I think I completed around 80% of it before going back to the main career.

You can restart pursuits as many times as you want in the Challenge Series, and you won't have to worry about your cars being impounded (which is what I was worried about when I first started playing).

The safest and easiest way for pursuit for me is just stick to the Rosewood highway loop. The roads are wide and no sharp corners, roadblocks, spike stripped roadblocks and Rhinos can be easily spotted to avoid being ambush by it.

Along the loop there is a petrol station and the stadium for quick escape with pursuit breakers and cooldown spots just beside it. There is also a cooldown spot in the golf course but I rarely use that one. The police station where you can start the pursuit has a pursuit breaker in it, your starting safehouse is very close by it and cooldown spot not too far away as well. One of the first bounty event starting place puts you in front of the police station, you can just start with that event and reverse out to the highway loop.

I mark up the locations on all the places I mentioned on the map, it should be the correct spots.
BBxy1Sg.jpg

Last edited:
Recently I found someone sharing keys for the PS3 port and grabbed it right away, as I was looking for one of those for the last 5 years

Anyways, started playing again and I still think this is the goat

So, for the first time since 2017, I finally decided to come back to this game and start a new career on the PS2 version. Lately, I've been kind of bored, didn't really know what I wanted to do, but I got an urge to play it again yesterday after discussing it in another thread, so now I am back! Started just last night and for the first time ever, I actually chose the Lexus IS300 instead of the Golf for a change since I never really drove the Lexus much. Unless I get bored, I might try to use this car throughout the entire career and just tune it as I go. I'm already on Taz and just a few races away from challenging him. If I feel like it, I may play the career again on another save using the speedtest BMW M3 GTR since I always wanted to do that.

Planning on getting the Xbox 360 version someday, so I had been wanting to play this one again as a refresher before I do anyways.

Last edited:
Honestly out of all racing games with cop chases.

Most wanted 2005 has always been the most hardest and most brutal.

I mean you have like an whole army of a police force coming at you. Getting 3 strikes also increased the risk of your car getting taken away. Basically everything you do comes with a consequence.

And the police chatter was great and immersive unlike NFS Unbound.

NFS Heat's police chatter was not bad but could have been better.

So something interesting I noticed is if you add the Civic Cruiser from the Challenge series to the stock car list, it tells you that you have to beat Rog to unlock it:
gsdx_20230813170344.png

I experimented just a while ago and apparently to "beat Rog", you have to buy your first car. After doing the prologue, it didn't let me buy it when I was prompted to buy my first car, but after I bought a car, it unlocked. I imagine any cars that ask for this will work the same way.

I still play on Windows version, lots of add-on cars through mods, plus 360-ish graphics and making the game turn into a 1:1 copy of the 360 version, but with more cars and customization

So an interesting thing to know about Most Wanted (and pretty much every NFS until Undercover) is the game has these "car slots" that are loaded in memory and it ultimately keeps track of what cars are available and where. Well, I decided to make a spreadsheet documenting everything already in the car slots for the game from the start. Although this was taken from the PS2 version of the game, this data can also be applied to the PC and possibly the Gamecube version of the game. (I ain't looked yet) I had a look at the Black Edition and car slot data is exactly the same as well.

Now how I have the spreadsheet arranged is:
Order (in memory that is) l Car code l Name l Location l Notes (like where it's used) l Whether it's pretuned or not

(here's a link to the spreadsheet if you need a better view)
There are 200 car slots in total and 81 of them in Most Wanted are already occupied by stock cars, bonus cars, and some random ones I haven't figured out yet. Slots 82 and onward are reserved for whatever cars you decide to add to your career or my cars, which this spreadsheet has none because it was taken from the game at the very start, hence why theirs so many empty slots.

Now to describe what the data actually is, here's the Camaro SS from #74 on the list for example:
49 00 00 00 19 45 94 90 19 45 94 90 20 00 01 00 FF FF
Red: Car slot number.
Blue: The car code itself.
Location: Location. 08 being for bonus cars, 01 being for stock, 04 is career, and I am not too sure what 20 or 10 is for.
Purple: I don't actually know what this is for. :lol: It seems to be of some kind of importance because when I insert new cars, I have to specify something here, otherwise it won't work.
Tune Slot: This is the tune slot that points to where custom parts are installed. If it's FF, then it's stock.
Career Slot: Self-explanatory, but it tells if it's in career and what number it is. FF meaning it's not in there, which is obviously the case for all the cars in the spreadsheet.

That said, if you wanted to make cars like this and others available in the stock car list, you can simply search for the car code (should be the last one in the search results) and change the location to 01 and it should be in the stock car list so you can use it pretty much anywhere. Don't do this to the pretuned cars though because the moment you buy them in career or add them to my cars, they revert back to stock, so it's pointless to do this. You can find out even more about this by reading the guides posted here.

I tend to enjoy tinkering with this game since it's easy to hack with a memory editor and I made this spreadsheet to document what is already in the game and so anyone interested in hacking the game will have something to go by if they want to do something like add cars to the stock car list that normally aren't there. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
So an interesting thing to know about Most Wanted (and pretty much every NFS until Undercover) is the game has these "car slots" that are loaded in memory and it ultimately keeps track of what cars are available and where. Well, I decided to make a spreadsheet documenting everything already in the car slots for the game from the start. Although this was taken from the PS2 version of the game, this data can also be applied to the PC and possibly the Gamecube version of the game. (I ain't looked yet) I had a look at the Black Edition and car slot data is exactly the same as well.

Now how I have the spreadsheet arranged is:
Order (in memory that is) l Car code l Name l Location l Notes (like where it's used) l Whether it's pretuned or not

(here's a link to the spreadsheet if you need a better view)
There are 200 car slots in total and 81 of them in Most Wanted are already occupied by stock cars, bonus cars, and some random ones I haven't figured out yet. Slots 82 and onward are reserved for whatever cars you decide to add to your career or my cars, which this spreadsheet has none because it was taken from the game at the very start, hence why theirs so many empty slots.

Now to describe what the data actually is, here's the Camaro SS from #74 on the list for example:
49 00 00 00 19 45 94 90 19 45 94 90 20 00 01 00 FF FF
Red: Car slot number.
Blue: The car code itself.
Location: Location. 08 being for bonus cars, 01 being for stock and I am not too sure what 20 or 10 is for.
Purple: I don't actually know what this is for. :lol:
Tune Slot: This is the tune slot that points to where custom parts are installed. If it's FF, then it's stock.
Career Slot: Self-explanatory, but it tells if it's in career and what number it is. FF meaning it's not in there, which is obviously the case for all the cars in the spreadsheet.

That said, if you wanted to make cars like this and others available in the stock car list, you can simply search for the car code (should be the last one in the search results) and change the location to 01 and it should be in the stock car list so you can use it pretty much anywhere. Don't do this to the pretuned cars though because the moment you buy them in career or add them to my cars, they revert back to stock, so it's pointless to do this. You can find out even more about this by reading the guides posted here.

I tend to enjoy tinkering with this game since it's easy to hack with a memory editor and I made this spreadsheet to document what is already in the game and so anyone interested in hacking the game will have something to go by if they want to do something like add cars to the stock car list that normally aren't there. Hope this helps! :)

In the PC version, you can add cars using VLTEd and Binary tools. With the binary cars, you can actually replace the stock bonus car presets if you want to make the stock bonus cars buyable in career mode.

I have never used Binary and been a long time since I touched VLTEd, but I get the vibe they modify the game itself. What I am talking about involves modifying the save game.

I quit playing this game since 2006. It got too intense with the cop chases, so I didn't bother going through the stress anymore getting upset over a game like this.

I quit playing this game since 2006. It got too intense with the cop chases, so I didn't bother going through the stress anymore getting upset over a game like this.
I get where you're coming from. In my teen years, I used to sometimes get stressed during some pursuits later in the game in my first playthrough and while I like the game, Most Wanted had a notorious reputation for ruining my mood sometimes because of this. I recall stopping at Blacklist rival #6 and while I don't remember why I did, I would not be surprised if this was the cause. (I later beat it though) Playing it as an adult though, they don't bother me quite as much as they did. While I’m having a good time right now with my current profile, I must admit, if I am having a bad day and/or not in a good mood, I find it's best to stay away from the game. Ironically, in my current playthrough, I ended up stopping in a very similar place because I was going for the 30-minute pursuit and got so frustrated with it, I stayed away from it for a week. (I had something else I wanted to do anyway)

Heat levels 1-3 are pretty fun, but 4-5 is where they can get pretty annoying at times since you have spike strips and police helicopters to worry about. It's even worse when you need to get away from them fast and you can't. Haven’t really played heat level 6 or 7 enough to know how they go.

Last edited:
So I finished with my latest play-through of Need for Speed Most Wanted on the PS2 Saturday and although it was long, I must admit, it was a lot more fun than I anticipated. I guess it was because it was the first time I had played through the game since 2017 and it’s been even longer since I played through any other NFS games, so none of them were fresh on my mind anymore. I did some things differently this time that I had never done before in my previous saves. Instead of gravitating to the Volkswagen Golf at the beginning like I usually do, I actually chose the Lexus IS300 instead and for the first time ever, I decided to stick with it throughout the whole career. This was what I used:
Need for Speed - Most Wanted_SLUS-21267_20230903093540.png

Need for Speed - Most Wanted_SLUS-21267_20230903093957.png

Need for Speed - Most Wanted_SLUS-21267_20230903093559.png

I upgraded it as I went and chose unique performance whenever I could instead of focusing on pink slips. If I ever got pink slips, I just sold them for cash since I wanted to stick with my Lexus the whole career, but I did keep the M3 GTR and used it a few times. By the time I finished, I had every performance part I could put on my Lexus that was available to me, It’s no Lamborghini, but it served me well throughout the career. I decided to do every race and milestone that was available to me just so I wouldn’t have to backtrack later, though I ended up doing it anyway because there were a few I forgot about. I found it’s a lot more fun when I do the races first and then the pursuit-related stuff after because doing it vice versa just felt awkward. I did take 2 breaks midway through because I had other stuff I wanted to focus on and I did get frustrated at one point while trying to get the 30-minute pursuit done.

Overall though, it was probably the best run I’ve had yet with this game and it generally went pretty smooth compared to my other careers. I am actually planning on doing another career in either Civic Cruiser or Police Corvette just for the sheer irony of becoming the most wanted, in a police car. :P Haven’t made up my mind yet what I am going to use yet, but I am probably going to wait a week before I do just to give myself a break. How it’s going to feel when I play it again is an interesting question.

And here’s a bunch of random thoughts I had as I progressed through the career:
  1. You start out in present-day against Razor, but once it ends, it goes back in time to a week prior only to come back to it again. What is even the point in that? Not just in MW, but in pretty much any kind of media, this sort of thing never made sense to me. They could have left that first race out and it wouldn’t have effected the story at all.
  2. You can tell Josie Maren had never acted prior to this game because she sounds so nervous and a bit camera shy when she speaks. Can’t say I blame her, I’d be nervous too.
  3. Wow, I didn’t even realize this game supported widescreen on the PS2 version. (unless I knew and just forgot)
  4. In the past, I’ve always kept auto save off, but I decided to keep it on this time and I didn’t even know it would prevent you from bringing up the menus during this process.
  5. The AI for the rivals you race at the beginning prior to challenging Razor are laughably slow because I outran them all very easily, but go figure the random nobodies kept up with me in one race.
  6. Those cutscenes are still cringe, but I must admit, I didn’t hate them as much as I thought I would. Seeing all those blacklist rivals act like such jerks just make it a lot more satisfying when you beat them later.
  7. While Cross is… something, though I can’t help but like him as a character. Ignoring the “everyone!” part at the end, I think his acting is actually decent. His unnamed female partner however, I think I hate her more than anybody in the game and it’s too bad she doesn’t do much and never appears outside of cutscenes. Taking her out would certainly be a satisfying feeling.
  8. While I think we have an out-of-universe explanation for this, I really do think the in-universe explanation for why the M3 GTR is faster at the end is because Razor upgraded it. When he says “I can’t wait to get a crack at that ride”, this to me this implies he wants to do that.
  9. The drag races at the beginning of the game are actually pretty fun, but the ones near the end however? Not so much. If they could have been handled better, I wouldn’t mind them, but with the way they turned out, they would’ve been better off leaving them out in my opinion.
  10. After taking on Earl again, I have to say, he was harder than I remembered and I still think he’s hardest in the game instead of Razor. I got his car after beating him and his stats was only slightly slower than mine, yet he was so much faster during that sprint race. I feel like he was intentionally made this way because I read somewhere he was once number one on the blacklist.
  11. I’ve said before that the cops in this game are annoying, but I’ve also had other times where I wish they had ditched the racing aspect of the game and just focused on them. I think the reason I have these seemingly contradicting opinions is because I can enjoy heat levels 1-3 but heat level 4 and 5 is where I start to find them annoying. Can I handle them? Yes. Do I enjoy it? Not always. Sometimes higher heat levels can be fun, but they have the potential get under my skin too. If I am ever not feeling right, I sometimes have to stay away from the game because MW is notorious for making my mood even worse than it already is at times.
  12. Speaking of which, I swear the heat level 4 cops get much more aggressive after beating Webster and I took them on quite a bit before this.
  13. Also, I’ve noticed quite a few times if I am ever trying to prolong a pursuit on purpose, the cops seemingly know when I am doing this and will often turn away from me 10 seconds before backup arrives. This happened to me several times throughout my play through and it prevented me from reaching the 30 minute pursuit a few times.
  14. Once you reach JV, the races also get a lot harder. I had to abandon some and come back to them later when my car was faster.
  15. I never paid much attention to the unique performance upgrades in career until now and I think it’s pretty stupid how things like junkman nitrous and brakes can’t be obtained in career normally. Yet they give you a bunch of the same parts over and over again.
  16. For the longest time, I found Bull’s milestones to be the hardest and playing them again, I stand by it. I mean, they’re not terrible, but I found myself struggling more with his more than any others.
  17. As far as races go, the ones you have to do before you challenge the Blacklist rival, Razor’s are definitely the hardest. Doesn’t help one of the circuit races takes over 12 minutes to finish.
  18. The AI in this game is strange because sometimes I struggle really hard to catch the leader and then other times I do the same race again and I dominate it. (and sometimes get overtaken near the finish line)
  19. Is it just me or is the traffic in the races you have against Razor are a lot worse than usual?
  20. I don’t know if heat level 6 was exaggerated for the challenge at the end or what, but those cops there are no joke!
  21. It’s interesting how the FMV of Cross updating the rap sheet at the very end of the game refers the M3 GTR as a blue car, when in reality, it’s silver.
  22. I don’t know if this is exclusive to the PS2 version or not, but I found autosave apparently doesn’t save your current heat level like it should. I have had several times where I’d have high heat on me, but then the next I boot the game, it’s way lower for no apparent reason. Meanwhile, if I actually took the time to save in the menus, it works as intended.
I have some hints I want to provide as well. Some may be common sense to people, others not so much.
  1. If you’re going to do the 30-minute pursuit that the rap sheet asks for, do it midway through the career when heat level 3 is the highest it can go. This will make it easier since the cops can’t get too intense due to your current progress, but they’ll still keep up with you as desired. I did it with heat level 4 as the max and found the spike strips and heavy rhino units made it harder than it needed to be.
  2. If you want to get the most out of your car when upgrading it, wait until you have the ultimate package for a certain part before you install the junkman part. Otherwise, it will never be as high as it could be.
  3. If you’re going to drive around Rosewood during pursuits, stay away from the tunnels in the higher heat levels because they’re a bit too narrow. If you get hit by the heavy rhino units or hit a roadblock wrong, you’re much more likely to get busted since it’s so cramped there. Don’t be afraid to go onto the golf course, drive through it, and use it to turn yourself around so you can avoid the tunnels. Just stay off of the sand dunes!
  4. If you ever get into a pursuit during a race and need to get off, provided you have autosave on, just let it save after you finish the race. Then you can quit the game and ultimately get out of the pursuit if needed.
  5. If you need to drop your heat fast, of course, we know you can customize your car to drop your heat. However, something I noticed is if you change your paint color and apply it, you can keep doing this over and over again and it will drop your heat each and every time. You can repeat this as many times as desired until you’ve lowered it to what you want.
  6. Turn off game moments camera, it’s really not worth having it on during pursuits because sometimes you might crash into a wall or hit the spike strips since you can’t control your car during those moments.
  7. Never hesitate to use speedbreaker when hitting roadblocks. Since it increases your mass and weight, it makes ramming them easier.

Last edited:
So I finished with my latest play-through of Need for Speed Most Wanted on the PS2 Saturday and although it was long, I must admit, it was a lot more fun than I anticipated. I guess it was because it was the first time I had played through the game since 2017 and it’s been even longer since I played through any other NFS games, so none of them were fresh on my mind anymore. I did some things differently this time that I had never done before in my previous saves. Instead of gravitating to the Volkswagen Golf at the beginning like I usually do, I actually chose the Lexus IS300 instead and for the first time ever, I decided to stick with it throughout the whole career. This was what I used:
View attachment 1285212
View attachment 1285214
View attachment 1285213
I upgraded it as I went and chose unique performance whenever I could instead of focusing on pink slips. If I ever got pink slips, I just sold them for cash since I wanted to stick with my Lexus the whole career, but I did keep the M3 GTR and used it a few times. By the time I finished, I had every performance part I could put on my Lexus that was available to me, It’s no Lamborghini, but it served me well throughout the career. I decided to do every race and milestone that was available to me just so I wouldn’t have to backtrack later, though I ended up doing it anyway because there were a few I forgot about. I found it’s a lot more fun when I do the races first and then the pursuit-related stuff after because doing it vice versa just felt awkward. I did take 2 breaks midway through because I had other stuff I wanted to focus on and I did get frustrated at one point while trying to get the 30-minute pursuit done.

Overall though, it was probably the best run I’ve had yet with this game and it generally went pretty smooth compared to my other careers. I am actually planning on doing another career in either Civic Cruiser or Police Corvette just for the sheer irony of becoming the most wanted, in a police car. :P Haven’t made up my mind yet what I am going to use yet, but I am probably going to wait a week before I do just to give myself a break. How it’s going to feel when I play it again is an interesting question.

And here’s a bunch of random thoughts I had as I progressed through the career:
  1. You start out in present-day against Razor, but once it ends, it goes back in time to a week prior only to come back to it again. What is even the point in that? Not just in MW, but in pretty much any kind of media, this sort of thing never made sense to me. They could have left that first race out and it wouldn’t have effected the story at all.
  2. You can tell Josie Maren had never acted prior to this game because she sounds so nervous and a bit camera shy when she speaks. Can’t say I blame her, I’d be nervous too.
  3. Wow, I didn’t even realize this game supported widescreen on the PS2 version. (unless I knew and just forgot)
  4. In the past, I’ve always kept auto save off, but I decided to keep it on this time and I didn’t even know it would prevent you from bringing up the menus during this process.
  5. The AI for the rivals you race at the beginning prior to challenging Razor are laughably slow because I outran them all very easily, but go figure the random nobodies kept up with me in one race.
  6. Those cutscenes are still cringe, but I must admit, I didn’t hate them as much as I thought I would. Seeing all those blacklist rivals act like such jerks just make it a lot more satisfying when you beat them later.
  7. While Cross is… something, though I can’t help but like him as a character. Ignoring the “everyone!” part at the end, I think his acting is actually decent. His unnamed female partner however, I think I hate her more than anybody in the game and it’s too bad she doesn’t do much and never appears outside of cutscenes. Taking her out would certainly be a satisfying feeling.
  8. While I think we have an out-of-universe explanation for this, I really do think the in-universe explanation for why the M3 GTR is faster at the end is because Razor upgraded it. When he says “I can’t wait to get a crack at that ride”, this to me this implies he wants to do that.
  9. The drag races at the beginning of the game are actually pretty fun, but the ones near the end however? Not so much. If they could have been handled better, I wouldn’t mind them, but with the way they turned out, they would’ve been better off leaving them out in my opinion.
  10. After taking on Earl again, I have to say, he was harder than I remembered and I still think he’s hardest in the game instead of Razor. I got his car after beating him and his stats was only slightly slower than mine, yet he was so much faster during that sprint race. I feel like he was intentionally made this way because I read somewhere he was once number one on the blacklist.
  11. I’ve said before that the cops in this game are annoying, but I’ve also had other times where I wish they had ditched the racing aspect of the game and just focused on them. I think the reason I have these seemingly contradicting opinions is because I can enjoy heat levels 1-3 but heat level 4 and 5 is where I start to find them annoying. Can I handle them? Yes. Do I enjoy it? Not always. Sometimes higher heat levels can be fun, but they have the potential get under my skin too. If I am ever not feeling right, I sometimes have to stay away from the game because MW is notorious for making my mood even worse than it already is at times.
  12. Speaking of which, I swear the heat level 4 cops get much more aggressive after beating Webster and I took them on quite a bit before this.
  13. Also, I’ve noticed quite a few times if I am ever trying to prolong a pursuit on purpose, the cops seemingly know when I am doing this and will often turn away from me 10 seconds before backup arrives. This happened to me several times throughout my play through and it prevented me from reaching the 30 minute pursuit a few times.
  14. Once you reach JV, the races also get a lot harder. I had to abandon some and come back to them later when my car was faster.
  15. I never paid much attention to the unique performance upgrades in career until now and I think it’s pretty stupid how things like junkman nitrous and brakes can’t be obtained in career normally. Yet they give you a bunch of the same parts over and over again.
  16. For the longest time, I found Bull’s milestones to be the hardest and playing them again, I stand by it. I mean, they’re not terrible, but I found myself struggling more with his more than any others.
  17. As far as races go, the ones you have to do before you challenge the Blacklist rival, Razor’s are definitely the hardest. Doesn’t help one of the circuit races takes over 12 minutes to finish.
  18. The AI in this game is strange because sometimes I struggle really hard to catch the leader and then other times I do the same race again and I dominate it. (and sometimes get overtaken near the finish line)
  19. Is it just me or is the traffic in the races you have against Razor are a lot worse than usual?
  20. I don’t know if heat level 6 was exaggerated for the challenge at the end or what, but those cops there are no joke!
  21. It’s interesting how the FMV of Cross updating the rap sheet at the very end of the game refers the M3 GTR as a blue car, when in reality, it’s silver.
  22. I don’t know if this is exclusive to the PS2 version or not, but I found autosave apparently doesn’t save your current heat level like it should. I have had several times where I’d have high heat on me, but then the next I boot the game, it’s way lower for no apparent reason. Meanwhile, if I actually took the time to save in the menus, it works as intended.
I have some hints I want to provide as well. Some may be common sense to people, others not so much.
  1. If you’re going to do the 30-minute pursuit that the rap sheet asks for, do it midway through the career when heat level 3 is the highest it can go. This will make it easier since the cops can’t get too intense due to your current progress, but they’ll still keep up with you as desired. I did it with heat level 4 as the max and found the spike strips and heavy rhino units made it harder than it needed to be.
  2. If you want to get the most out of your car when upgrading it, wait until you have the ultimate package for a certain part before you install the junkman part. Otherwise, it will never be as high as it could be.
  3. If you’re going to drive around Rosewood during pursuits, stay away from the tunnels in the higher heat levels because they’re a bit too narrow. If you get hit by the heavy rhino units or hit a roadblock wrong, you’re much more likely to get busted since it’s so cramped there. Don’t be afraid to go onto the golf course, drive through it, and use it to turn yourself around so you can avoid the tunnels. Just stay off of the sand dunes!
  4. If you ever get into a pursuit during a race and need to get off, provided you have autosave on, just let it save after you finish the race. Then you can quit the game and ultimately get out of the pursuit if needed.
  5. If you need to drop your heat fast, of course, we know you can customize your car to drop your heat. However, something I noticed is if you change your paint color and apply it, you can keep doing this over and over again and it will drop your heat each and every time. You can repeat this as many times as desired until you’ve lowered it to what you want.
  6. Turn off game moments camera, it’s really not worth having it on during pursuits because sometimes you might crash into a wall or hit the spike strips since you can’t control your car during those moments.
  7. Never hesitate to use speedbreaker when hitting roadblocks. Since it increases your mass and weight, it makes ramming them easier.
Nice, that game brings back memories to me back when I was 10, I remember buying my first ps2 console in 2001, but I didn't buy NFS(2005) game until 2006 and played it up until 2010. I got bored and stressed from playing so much of the game and having brutal times with the cops/helicopters. Camden Beach was one of my favorite locations in the whole game. Wow it's been almost 2 decades.

Nice, that game brings back memories to me back when I was 10, I remember buying my first ps2 console in 2001, but I didn't buy NFS(2005) game until 2006 and played it up until 2010.
I got my first PS2 on Christmas of 2005, I was 12 at the time and I later got another in 2007. As for Most Wanted, I got it for my birthday in 2006 for the console I just mentioned. While the cover says it's the Black Edition and even comes with the Black Edition DVD, the game inside unfortunately is not the Black Edition since they apparently put the wrong disc in there. :indiff:

I played MW in 2006 and beat the career on a profile my cousin gave me that year and I think went back in 2011 to finish my own career I had started back when I got the game. I later came back to it again in 2016 to finish the rest of the game on those 2 profiles and started another career that same year trying to see how far I could get with a stock Golf, but eventually gave up on Blacklist rival #7. After that I started a new career in late 2016, beat it in January 2017, then I started another that shortly after using cheats and beat it in February that same year. And of course, I just finished another career for the first time since then.

You could say I've played the game quite a bit by now. :lol:
I got bored and stressed from playing so much of the game and having brutal times with the cops/helicopters.
Like I said earlier, I understand the stress part. Something else I could add to what I said earlier is when I was younger, I used to get really annoyed when I had a lot of unsaved progress (I didn't use autosave), had to get off soon, and was having a difficult time getting away from them. That's a huge part of why I decided to turn autosave on this time.

As for getting bored, I understand that too. I got pretty burnt out when I was doing my previous playthroughs in 2017. Fortunately, I didn't get burnt out this time I guess because of what I said here:
I guess it was because it was the first time I had played through the game since 2017 and it’s been even longer since I played through any other NFS games, so none of them were fresh on my mind anymore.
It helped to do the races and then the pursuits, which felt a lot better and I played the game in shorter sessions than my previous runs. That's probably why I had a better time this go-round and maybe you'll have better luck if you give it another shot someday! :)
Camden Beach was one of my favorite locations in the whole game.
I like Rosewood the best because the highways are so large and I tend to have the best luck there in pursuits than anywhere else. It's kind of funny to me how Kaze says she wants to kick you back to Rosewood when I prefer being there anyway. :lol:
Wow it's been almost 2 decades.
Hard to believe isn't it? I am kind of shocked at how Underground is going to be 20 years old in a few months and Underground 2 and Most Wanted are not far behind. :boggled:

Last edited:
I got my first PS2 on Christmas of 2005, I was 12 at the time and I later got another in 2007. As for Most Wanted, I got it for my birthday in 2006 for the console I just mentioned. While the cover says it's the Black Edition and even comes with the Black Edition DVD, the game inside unfortunately is not the Black Edition since they apparently put the wrong disc in there. :indiff:

I played MW in 2006 and beat the career on a profile my cousin gave me that year and I think went back in 2011 to finish my own career I had started back when I got the game. I later came back to it again in 2016 to finish the rest of the game on those 2 profiles and started another career that same year trying to see how far I could get with a stock Golf, but eventually gave up on Blacklist rival #7. After that I started a new career in late 2016, beat it in January 2017, then I started another that shortly after using cheats and beat it in February that same year. And of course, I just finished another career for the first time since then.

You could say I've played the game quite a bit by now. :lol:

Like I said earlier, I understand the stress part. Something else I could add to what I said earlier is when I was younger, I used to get really annoyed when I had a lot of unsaved progress (I didn't use autosave), had to get off soon, and was having a difficult time getting away from them. That's a huge part of why I decided to turn autosave on this time.

As for getting bored, I understand that too. I got pretty burnt out when I was doing my previous playthroughs in 2017. Fortunately, I didn't get burnt out this time I guess because of what I said here:

It helped to do the races and then the pursuits, which felt a lot better and I played the game in shorter sessions than my previous runs. That's probably why I had a better time this go-round and maybe you'll have better luck if you give it another shot someday! :)

I like Rosewood the best because the highways are so large and I tend to have the best luck there in pursuits than anywhere else. It's kind of funny to me how Kaze says she wants to kick you back to Rosewood when I prefer being there anyway. :lol:

Hard to believe isn't it? I am kind of shocked at how Underground is going to be 20 years old in a few months and Underground 2 and Most Wanted are not far behind. :boggled:

I believe this video will be such a fitting tribute.

Indeed it is! What I'd give for it to be real. That song has now become my new jam and it honestly makes me want to go back to Underground 1.

Also, I got bored yesterday and decided to load a 100% and play the last challenge in the challenge series just to get a taste of what heat level 6 is supposed to be like. I don't mean to brag, but not only did I make it to the 30-minute mark, but I also decided to deliberately prolong it and try to get 10 million bounty along the way and this was my result:
IMG_1837.JPEG
IMG_1838.JPEG

And mind you, I did this, simply because I was bored. :lol:

Well, started a new career with the Civic Cruiser from the challenge series yesterday just for the sheer irony of becoming the most wanted in a police car. :P I got to say, that thing is heavy and sure does spin a lot, but it’s great at taking out roadblocks. It’s like a battering ram on wheels, but it certainly isn’t built for speed. I feel like they tailored its specs to the challenge it was used for because it certainly feels like something that wasn’t meant to be used outside of its intended challenge.

I’m honestly a little skeptical if I’ll finish the career or not giving how much harder it gets and how this car handles, but I’ll give it my best shot! :D If you need a challenge, just try this thing in career, it’ll challenge you, but it’s fun! :)

Last edited:
Corvette C6.R, Porsche 911 GT2, Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG, BMW M3 GTR(road) and the Camaro SS 67.

Should have all been playable in the campaign by being unlocked by progressing in the game. It was pretty stupid to lock them behind custom race.

Corvette C6.R, Porsche 911 GT2, Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG, BMW M3 GTR(road) and the Camaro SS 67.

Should have all been playable in the campaign by being unlocked by progressing in the game. It was pretty stupid to lock them behind custom race.
Extra Options makes the C6.R available in the career, not sure about the others though.

While I do agree, I read somewhere the reason why they were was because they couldn't finish them in time. I don't know if it's true or not, but I have a feeling it may explain the lack of customizations with them.
Extra Options makes the C6.R available in the career, not sure about the others though.
Worth noting, that they can also be made available via hex editing on PC and even consoles using that spreadsheet I posted earlier.

Last edited:

I had to use VLT Ed to fix their prices, unlock condition and performance, as well as replacing the stock car in Bonus section with another preset that uses an add-on car mod.

Have you guys noticed that one more after 2024 will be 2 full decades that NFS Most Wanted was released.

Back