Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

• Thread starter Ddrizle
  • 4,285 comments
I'd rather prefer Criterion to work their own magic than re-hash Most Wanted. That game, as fun as it was, doesn't need to be remade with newer cars, a new location, with the same protagonist and antagonist, & features.

I hope they leave the customization out of it as well as any stories. Leave the C6 & M3 in as bonus cars, if need be, imo.

That would be more like Hot Pursuit 2 than Most Wanted 2 imo. Most Wanted is all about illegal street racing, it just wouldn't be right to have Most Wanted without open world or customisation. I do really hope the Blacklist returns as well, that was a cool & innovative way to tell the story.

Is this official? I am sooooooo excited wow.

-.- Anyone else hoping for cross and his C6? Wow... This is absolutely EPIC!

Online anyone? Criterion did such a great job with the different playlist's for HP 2010 I doubt they will ruin this game, they will only make it Better!

Online anyone? Criterion did such a great job with the different playlist's for HP 2010 I doubt they will ruin this game, they will only make it Better!

Just thought of this:
There should be an online game mode similar to the SP pursuits of Most Wanted and Carbon. The game would end when all racers are busted, the police call off the chase or time runs out. No finish line, and you could specify the time limit when searching for a game. It could be anywhere from a five minute time limit to two hours or even unlimited (and in that case, the only way for the game to end would be if the police would call off the chase, or every racer was busted).

You could squad up with some friends and all be police while you try to bust a few racers or vice versa. To fill in the numbers, each cop could be in control of a 'squad' of A.I police cars, and swap between them. This would be like in High Stakes. The cars you weren't driving were being controlled by A.I.

This way you could have one cop and his 'squad' trailing one of the suspects while you get the other cop and his squad to intercept them with a roadblock a few klicks up the road.

You could even have clans (Syndicates? Precincts?) where you get points for evading and busting. Each clan would have a Wanted Ranking and a Police Ranking. The Wanted Ranking would be calculated by the amount of evades and race wins while the Police Ranking would be calculated by amount of Busts. You could even have clan battles where one Syndicate would play racers and another one would be the cops. Syndicate Battles would have more risk so you'll gain or lose more points on your Wanted/Police Ranking compared to random public matches.

Just thought of this:
There should be an online game mode similar to the SP pursuits of Most Wanted and Carbon. The game would end when all racers are busted, the police call off the chase or time runs out. No finish line, and you could specify the time limit when searching for a game. It could be anywhere from a five minute time limit to two hours or even unlimited (and in that case, the only way for the game to end would be if the police would call off the chase, or every racer was busted).

You could squad up with some friends and all be police while you try to bust a few racers or vice versa. To fill in the numbers, each cop could be in control of a 'squad' of A.I police cars, and swap between them. This would be like in High Stakes. The cars you weren't driving were being controlled by A.I.

This way you could have one cop and his 'squad' trailing one of the suspects while you get the other cop and his squad to intercept them with a roadblock a few klicks up the road.

You could even have clans (Syndicates? Precincts?) where you get points for evading and busting. Each clan would have a Wanted Ranking and a Police Ranking. The Wanted Ranking would be calculated by the amount of evades and race wins while the Police Ranking would be calculated by amount of Busts. You could even have clan battles where one Syndicate would play racers and another one would be the cops. Syndicate Battles would have more risk so you'll gain or lose more points on your Wanted/Police Ranking compared to random public matches.

This is quite a good idea and I approve of this. But I'm not so sure about clans for some reason. In the original game in 2005, I found that it was quite easy to evade the cops, so it would be interesting to see if I could outrun player-controlled cops. Hopefully this game is going to turn out just as good as the original game 👍 .

Why does it even have to be online???

I know that of course it will come with online modes...

But I still prefer the old school singleplayer when it comes to NFS and cop chases. :D

I hope Criterion bring back the star car of the original MW, the iconic BMW M3 GTR, especially if it follows the same story arc told in NFS MW1 and NFS Carbon. They would be insane not to, it looked awesome. Who couldn't like its pinstripes after all?

Nfsmw_bmw_m3.jpg

Does anyone else remember the M3 being destroyed at the beginning of NFS Carbon? It would be kinda weird bringing it back. I would like to see it as a bonus car though, or maybe in a DLC car pack.

That would be more like Hot Pursuit 2 than Most Wanted 2 imo. Most Wanted is all about illegal street racing, it just wouldn't be right to have Most Wanted without open world or customisation. I do really hope the Blacklist returns as well, that was a cool & innovative way to tell the story.
That's what every NFS has been about besides the Shift series. That's the whole premise of it; illegal street racing with supercars until Underground came along.

I never said to get rid of open world either. But, customization is pointless if Criterion work by their own methods which was refocusing the NFS brand on supercar racing & applying Burnout traits to the game. Should they follow that formula again, then there is no need for customization outside exterior touches; the Burnout physics have no use for it because the cars are near all equal in their own Tiers anyway when the basic control method is dodging obstacles, using boost, & sliding around turns with minimal braking.

If they get rid of tiers & include much more common cars in the game, then yes, customization wouldn't be a bad idea. But, Criterion does not strike as a company that will go that route. They found a working formula with Hot Pursuit because it was a throw back to classic NFS gameplay.

I'm hoping for the best to the sequel. The plot-line for Most Wanted was great for an illegal street racing game.

Daniel
Yeah - it was totaled after running from Cross.

From what I remember all that happens is there is suddenly a truck parked across the road to block it, and in a desperate try to escape the player turns around and almost hits Cross' car..

There are rumors that Ryan Cooper (driver from Pro Street) is the character, if you look closely to the picture you can see that he is using a helmet, in MW you didn't used one.

There are rumors that Ryan Cooper (driver from Pro Street) is the character, if you look closely to the picture you can see that he is using a helmet, in MW you didn't use one.

Has Ryan strayed away from the safety of street legal racing? Somehow it all makes sense.

Also, I would find it very amusing if someone was actually called Ryan Cooper and they played NFS Pro Street. They would be like "How did the game know my name?!". Scary stuff :ouch: ..

Has Ryan strayed away from the safety of street legal racing? Somehow it all makes sense.

Also, I would find it very amusing if someone was actually called Ryan Cooper and they played NFS Pro Street. They would be like "How did the game know my name?!". Scary stuff :ouch: ..
Trust me he left legal street racing a long time ago, he was also present in Undercover

Last edited:
they finaly listened :)
and it's developed by Criterion so this is a formula for good stuff.
now wait to see how it turns out:scared:

The adrenaline of running away from cops? :D
Quite possibly. Or maybe he was pressured into illegal racing by someone else that we don't see in NFS games?
they finaly listened :)
and it's developed by Criterion so this is a formula for good stuff.
now wait to see how it turns out:scared:
Well I hope it doesn't turn out like Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit because although that game was good fun to play, it got quite boring after a couple of days of playing the game. I want it to be quite similar to the 2005 game where you could play the game for weeks and still have genuine fun with it.

This and only this.... :D:tup:

I have to agree with the changes that you made to my post there 👍 . I played the 2005 game a couple of hours ago and it's still fun to play after 7 years of release!

If they get rid of tiers & include much more common cars in the game, then yes, customization wouldn't be a bad idea. But, Criterion does not strike as a company that will go that route. They found a working formula with Hot Pursuit because it was a throw back to classic NFS gameplay.

I would like them to go to how it was in Underground 2. You bought a everyday car and started to develop it to bee faster, cooler. And those massive customization options yes please:drool:. There were special events were you could earn parts that were unique

But if they dont have customization and only supercars then i will play GT5 instead

Maybe Razor pressured Ryan into illegal racing to try and steal "Player's" BMW M3 GTR again. It could well be possible.

Man, this is epic. I still play MW regularly just outrunning the cops in career and turning cars in the free mode. Can't wait to see what Criterion will do with this project, HP 2010 looked awesome to me. Hopefully i'll get a chance to play both when MW2 is out :D

After playing the original NFS:MW Demo on the 360 there is another three things that they should have in my opinion. The gritty/colourless environment, the bounty system and a similar soundtrack with a mix of Rock, Metal, Electronic and Rap.

Looks like they will have a demo at E3 from the twitter of Criterion, so it should be interesting how well it looks.

ProStreet's bad physics. :dopey: Or maybe because after becoming the Street King, he got bored of the legal scene? 💡
LOL :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: !!!!!!!
Maybe Razor pressured Ryan into illegal racing to try and steal "Player's" BMW M3 GTR again. It could well be possible.
Another possible reason why Ryan decided to go illegal.
Man, this is epic. I still play MW regularly just outrunning the cops in career and turning cars in the free mode. Can't wait to see what Criterion will do with this project, HP 2010 looked awesome to me. Hopefully i'll get a chance to play both when MW2 is out :D
👍

Can't. The M3 was totaled in Carbon. What about the Audi that Darius gives you at the end?

I love how Criterion so far, has gotten to remake the best selling NFS titles. Next they'll do High Stakes 2.

I'd rather have EA make "Need for Speed: Classics" where they have all the cars and tracks from the first four games (TNFS to High Stakes), the physics from High Stakes and the graphics and damage from HP 2010. I would totally buy :drool:

Daniel
Can't. The M3 was totaled in Carbon.

Here I am, once again trying to prove the BMW was not totaled, this is the answer. As I said, a truck is parked across the road, the player tries to escape but run right back into Cross.. It hasn't been proven that the BMW is totaled

Latest Posts

Back