Need for Speed: Rivals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Need4Speed685
  • 2,069 comments
  • 240,074 views
Now the game cant seem to register that i want to play it at all. Every time i launch the game and get to the hideout menu, if i try to exit the garage or change to racer, the game will freeze with no return. :banghead:
 
Have you tried signing out and only signing in when you've managed to exit your garage? Worked for me.
 
Anyone hear the 2015 Mustang is out for this game as free DLC?
 
Anyone hear the 2015 Mustang is out for this game as free DLC?

Been out since the patch, and from what I kinda been hearing that this is our only "free" dlc and the rest would be paid.
 
The patch still isn't out for PS4, smh, is this Sonys doing or EA's? I knew some crap like this would happen.

Edit: 3 days after the PS3 and 360 gets it finally we get a update. I got a feeling until Ps3 and 360 dies down this will be common.
 
Last edited:
I have the patch for the PS4, had a few races with the new mustang and the framerate does seems smoother. :dopey:
 
I heard there was a "trophy" for the mustang, however I have yet to see what it is or anything. Although I kinda stopped playing since GT6 is now out and now in anticipation of minecraft.
 
So, if anyone can possibly tell me; Overall like out of 10 how is this game? Is it worth buying? A few of my friends have it and say it's pretty good, but has it gone back to it's original potential of Customization, in general, car choice, free roam, etc.? Honestly, NFS has exemplary games such as MW '06 which truly shows what NFS should be, Carbon did a fairly good job as well, I know since HP '10 it's beem very Stock-Car-But-Good-Car-Choice, which is fine when it's supercars, but if I'm driving a STOCK Ford Focus that I can't customize, that's a bit rough.

NFS MW '12 I believe had a good balance, the way they did their customization (which technically wasn't even customization) but it was something, type of nitro, tires, etc. and I thought that was pretty good. The way they grouped cars together was nice too. Everyday, Race, etc.

Anyway, if anyone has the time I'd appreciate a small/short review (/10) Thanks in advance,
~Harrison
 
harrison1476, read eurogamers review.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-18-need-for-speed-rivals-review

They're pretty tough on games and they gave it a 9/10.
On PS4 it looks beautiful. Keep in mind its an arcade racer so if you love Criterion and Sega's classics
its definitely worth it. Its pretty much a sequel to Hot Pursuit (2010) with similar level of customization to NFS 2005.
Its actually my favorite game next to BF4 right now.
 
Also if you like repetitive game then this would be great. Pretty much same thing over and over.
 
harrison1476, read eurogamers review.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-18-need-for-speed-rivals-review

They're pretty tough on games and they gave it a 9/10.
On PS4 it looks beautiful. Keep in mind its an arcade racer so if you love Criterion and Sega's classics
its definitely worth it. Its pretty much a sequel to Hot Pursuit (2010) with similar level of customization to NFS 2005.
Its actually my favorite game next to BF4 right now.

Wow, yeah it looks incredible. Thanks man, and yeah I love the fact that they're back to customization.

I heard there was a "trophy" for the mustang, however I have yet to see what it is or anything. Although I kinda stopped playing since GT6 is now out and now in anticipation of minecraft.

TJ, anticipation of Minecraft coming to PS?
 
Also if you like repetitive game then this would be great. Pretty much same thing over and over.
So far I'm really entertained, only been playing the racer side (so far) but with the objectives and the atmosphere / weather I'm very happy. I'm not a PC gamer so I'm still stunned by the graphics. Also, I like the choice of spending speed points on a new car or upgrading a current one. With the new patch it runs at a very solid 30fps (PS4) and with some motion blur the game has a great sense of speed.
 
TJ, anticipation of Minecraft coming to PS?

Yea, Played Terraria for awhile then got as far as I could doing solo. Now minecraft which is good.
 
Wish I'd saved up for the McLaren now. :dunce:

But what can I say, I dumped all my moneys on a Veneno, which overall appears to perform far worse than the Aventador it's based on.
 
I chose the 458, it did the job then once I gathered up enough cash, I brought the Enzo. I did have to max out the Control upgrades.

Also my candidates to the Racer DLC.

2014 BMW M4
1988 Ferrari F40
2014 Jaguar F-Type
2004 Saleen S7TT
2014 Tesla Model S
 
I chose the 458, it did the job then once I gathered up enough cash, I brought the Enzo. I did have to max out the Control upgrades.

Also my candidates to the Racer DLC.

2014 BMW M4
1988 Ferrari F40
2014 Jaguar F-Type
2004 Saleen S7TT
2014 Tesla Model S

Isn't the M4 in GT6?
 
Yes it is

My candidates for the Racer DLC

1995 Ferrari 355 Spider
2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo
2013 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
2010 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
1987 Porsche 959

You sir alone received a like just for including a Zonda.
 
A few other cars for the racer DLC

2014 Ferrari 458 Speciale
1995 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1993 Porsche 911 GT2
2015 BMW i8
2012 Rimac Concept One
 
Just picked this title up on the ps3,wow it's great loving the open world feeling,awesome handing and steering my only gripe is that it loves to freeze a lot :( must be the all drive thing been using the latest mustang and corvette most of the time gotta love us muscle :)
 
And for the cop DLC

2014 LaFerrari
2009 Lamborghini Reventon
2014 BMW M3
2012 Jaguar XKR-S
2004 Ferrari 575 GT
 
Back