Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.
MannyMoenjack1
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season III[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Welcome to the Third Season of the Need For Speed Shift GTP Racing League![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League Race Schedule: Season III, Week 3[/FONT]

Welcome to Exotic Race Car Weekend!
picture.php

Race Schedule for Saturday April 310, 2010.
Please Note: Due to the Easter Holidays this race weekend will be postponed until Saturday April 10th.

Start Time: 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time for US and Canada, 10:00pm for the folks in the UK, 11:00pm for Poland & Switzerland

Please note the adjusted times for the UK and Europe.

1. Race 1: (Manufacturer Race Lobby): The first race of week 3 will put us for the first time into the seat of the Exotic Cars DLC, stock Maserati Gran Turismo S. In stock form this is no lightweight car, but it is well controlled and fun to drive. Our venue will take us to one of the new tracks as well… the Monte Grande Circuit, and for another twist we will extend our race length to 15 Laps.

2. Race 2: (Manufacturer Race Lobby): Our second race will put us into my personal favorite from the DLC… the BMW M1 Procar. 470 horsepower in a 2,250 lb machine. Our race will take place at one of the very same Gran Prix tracks that hosted the original Procar Championship in July 1979… Silverstone GP. Race Length will be 10 laps.

3. Race 3: (Mixed Race Lobby) : Our third race of the Exotic DLC Weekend will allow us to use our own personal MP4-12C McLarens tuned for the Port Boucle circuit. You are welcome to use your own personal tuning or any that you can beg, borrow or steal from elsewhere… Race length will be 15 Laps.

Good Luck everyone!

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Group Assignments for Week 3[/FONT]

picture.php

[FONT=Verdana, serif]Race Results and Current Standings: Season III Week 2 [/FONT]

Points are awarded for the races as follows:1st place = 8 points, 2nd place = 6 points, 3rd place = 4 points, 4th place = 3 points, 5th place = 2 points, and 6th place = 1 point.
An addition 1 point is awarded to the driver who achieves the fastest lap in each race.

picture.php

Last edited:
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]GTP SHIFT LEAGUE RULES:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]To keep things fair a few rules are necessary. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]All drivers must use [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Pro Handling [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]mode. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]We know what to look for, and it is not difficult to spot when people are driving in Experienced or Normal difficulty mode and you will be ejected from the group for cheating.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No Driving Assists:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] No traction, stability or steering assists. If you want to use ABS braking that’s up to you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No cutting corners and chicanes.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]At least 2 tires should remain on the track at all times (unless of course you are in the process of wrecking your car in which case, have at it!). We can’t obviously enforce this rule in most cases, but try to keep the car on the track. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Use of Nitrous is OK: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Unless forbidden for a particular race[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Restart Rules: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]In the event that a driver(s) gets disconnected from a race [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]within the first three laps[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif], the race will be restarted. After three laps the race must continue to it’s finish. A race may be [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]restarted only twice[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] for disconnects to keep League sessions a reasonable length.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bump Rule: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Any driver bumped from the server after the half-way point of a race will receive points equal to the position he occupied when he was disconnected. –Or- The driver may instead choose to re-run the race during the Sunday Make-up Race.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Make-Up Races: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Those who can’t make the Saturday League races for whatever reason may arrange to run the race on Sunday with any others that missed the previous day’s event. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The time and hosting of the make-up race will be coordinated between the participants. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A number of volunteer drivers to fill out the race lobby will be required to make the field the same size as on a regular Saturday League race. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Full Points for the Sunday Make-up Race will be awarded only to the drivers who missed the Saturday race [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]· A microphone/headset is of course optional, but highly recommended. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]o Please mute your microphone during the League races, to prevent disconnects from excessive bandwidth usage.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]o As a good alternative to a microphone, the Chat Room will allow players to communicate before & between races.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Shift League Racing Ettiquette [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are forced off the track by contact with another car, you may hit Reset to get back into the race as quickly as possible. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you go off the track due to your own driving error, you must drive back onto the track. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Drivers may not advance their racing position by means of contact. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you make contact with another car forcing them off the track, you must slow down and allow them to retake the position in front of you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Due to online lag and vague collision detection in Shift, it is very possible to accidentally make contact with another car and not be aware of it. Please show patience and restraint in the event of a collision. We all try to race clean, so give each other the benefit of the doubt. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Rules Enforcement: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]For future races (2/20/10) when it is brought to the attention of the League Organizer (me) that someone advanced their race position through contact, the errant driver will forfiet his final race position and be placed in a finishing position behind the person he contacted. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It is up to the driver who was run into to lodge a complaint against another driver. It is not my intention to look through the videos to find out who did what to whom. The complaint must be PM'ed to me and the errant driver by noon on Sunday. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]All racing incidents are different. Some occur because of faults in the game like poor collision detection, car location mapping and internet lag, but these will affect us all impartially so the rule will be applied strictly. [/FONT]

yes its here woooooooo season 3 and that 3rd race has got me frothing at the mouth with excitement finally some proper power to play with shame its a not a manufacturers race were we would all be stuck in the same tune but I more than likely go with the standard tuning settings for the Zonda R.

Happy racing guys.

yes its here woooooooo season 3 and that 3rd race has got me frothing at the mouth with excitement finally some proper power to play with shame its a not a manufacturers race were we would all be stuck in the same tune but I more than likely go with the standard tuning settings for the Zonda R.

Happy racing guys.

My only concern about that race is the first complex of turns. Please everyone, do not try to pass there. All that happens is that someone takes out two or three cars trying to make an ill advised pass and ruins the race for everyone.

My advice is to stay in line and take advantage of mistakes by people in front of you... trust me... we'll all make mistakes in this one... :ill:

Lets get things ROLLLLIIIING,great work Manny only that last race...:scared: what can I say,but:

KILLER COMBO

I'm antecepating something like this in OUTLAW videos collection...:)

Yeah, that last race will be rough on everyone. :nervous:

Glad the new season is here hope I'm ok for the weekend just been knocked off my motorbike on route to work by white van man and the **** didn't stop. Me baby doesn't look very well now:grumpy:

Race 1 will be like an endurance race :lol:

Race 2 I'm looking forward to this will be a right battle (Beware of the outlaw the GT & spa = thefast1)

Race 3 I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Last edited:
Glad the new season is here hope I'm ok for the weekend just been knocked off my motorbike on route to work by white van man and the **** didn't stop. Me baby doesn't look very well now:grumpy:

Race 1 will be like an endurance race :lol:

Race 2 I'm looking forward to this will be a right battle (Beware of the outlaw the GT & spa = thefast1)

Race 3 I'm not looking forward to this at all.

Man almost seems like a curse has falled into league members:)

Seriously now,Jay I hope your ok:tup:

I hope the #$%& didn't mess up your baby too much.:nervous:

And I agree with you ,I think only the fast1 AKA OUTLAW is looking foward this one ,the crazy bastard:crazy:,maybe he bribed Manny in the choosing of the combos for this week:lol::P;)

It's done the the screen,nose cone, both mirror mounts, tank, upper & lower left fairings, scratched the tail unit & snaped the gear lever from what I can see will know more when it's day light.
I'm ok just bruised my legs, left one mostly, left arm, shoulder took skin off my hands.
killed my gloves a £300 helmet and my pride.

It looks to be a really interesting week 1 :)
Zonda on the Ring? I think I will have to drink a lot of energy drink before it:)

I'm looking forward the races very much!

My only concern about that race is the first complex of turns. Please everyone, do not try to pass there. All that happens is that someone takes out two or three cars trying to make an ill advised pass and ruins the race for everyone.

My advice is to stay in line and take advantage of mistakes by people in front of you... trust me... we'll all make mistakes in this one... :ill:

Don't worry mate i have this one scoped we have 3 laps as long as i am in at least 4Th place by time the end of lap one comes i will be in with a good chance of stealing a podium finish.

I would say this to everyone be careful when getting close in the Zonda R its snap on acceleration and razor sharp braking power make this one hell of a challenge to do close racing.

Man almost seems like a curse has falled into league members:)

Seriously now,Jay I hope your ok:tup:

I hope the #$%& didn't mess up your baby too much.:nervous:

And I agree with you ,I think only the fast1 AKA OUTLAW is looking foward this one ,the crazy bastard:crazy:,maybe he bribed Manny in the choosing of the combos for this week:lol::P;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: this made me laugh my arse off, I cannot wait for it i have been itching for this combo to come up.:mischievous:

It's done the the screen,nose cone, both mirror mounts, tank, upper & lower left fairings, scratched the tail unit & snaped the gear lever from what I can see will know more when it's day light.
I'm ok just bruised my legs, left one mostly, left arm, shoulder took skin off my hands.
killed my gloves a £300 helmet and my pride.

And this made me gasp my arse off DAM mate glad your ok all that damage is going to cost you a bomb to fix with the cagiva parts being few is numbers and tuff to find at the best off times i feel your pain mate and hope you get some form of compensation from this to make up for your bike being ruined.

H. hello. I was waiting for this and it's finaly here :) So can i schedule a qualify practice with some of you guys tonight ?

I will send you a invite to friends list today, shortly.

I just want to do some practice race at those tracks with those cars. Especialy with Zonda, and Ford GT on spa :) I love spa but i'm not a big fan of ford cars. I just hope that im worthy to race with you. 👍 As i see that some accidents toked away at least one player so maybe i could fill in starting from this weekends races.

Cheers to every one.

Do you only have Xbox or do you have a PS3 too, send me you PSN I.D and i send an add and do some practice with you.

Sadly I won't be able to participate in Season 3, it's my busy time of year for work so I won't be able to do very much practicing. But I will use the time I have addressing my weaknesses (consistency-track knowledge) to come back for Season 4 a much better racer. Have fun in Season 3 and I'll be anxiously awaiting the results every week :)

Sadly I won't be able to participate in Season 3, it's my busy time of year for work so I won't be able to do very much practicing. But I will use the time I have addressing my weaknesses (consistency-track knowledge) to come back for Season 4 a much better racer. Have fun in Season 3 and I'll be anxiously awaiting the results every week :)

Ohh c'mon.. it's busy for me too so I will be very unpracticed, we can race for last place together!! :)

Kidding aside, it's always fun to race you Ricky.. I hope to catch you for a few weekend pick-up races.

But I will use the time I have addressing my weaknesses (consistency-track knowledge) to come back for Season 4 a much better racer.

I just hope you not resign from WTC2, that would be sad. I'm counting for some competition from you.

It's been good racing with you ricky. I also have to back out of season 3. I'm going back to the pc for my gaming fix. The ps3 was fun, but I miss all the control you have with the pc, that is lacking in the ps3. Adding EA servers/slow downs on top of that made the choice easier. You guys sparked a fire for racing in me, and I've had a blast racing with all of you. Thanks 👍. So I'm taking my wheel and going home. Good luck to you all in season 3.

ps. watch out for Adddictions he's got that crazy look in his i.

well the races this week should be interesting.

the 240 sx is a little drifter but is so so so so so so so so so so slow its like its in slow motion its the only car i have drive on Glendale west were i have got no air off the jump :lol: but should be a fun race all the same.

The spa and the GT will be a blast that thing kicks that back end out so easily i love it the brakes are crap tho I think there made from bottle tops and paper clips or somthing, and all the corners i would usually take in 3rd i now have to take in 2nd in the GT.
A tip for the confident driver if you are comming into a corner in the GT and need more braking power use the hand brake it will take off loads off speed just make sure your car is in a straight line or you will be in the wall.

And the nurburg will be a blast now the Zonda has a adjustable final drive.

Ohh c'mon.. it's busy for me too so I will be very unpracticed, we can race for last place together!! :)
Kidding aside, it's always fun to race you Ricky.. I hope to catch you for a few weekend pick-up races.
I'll still throw down with you, you allways crack me up when I get the message "Help! I'm in online hell" :lol:

I just hope you not resign from WTC2, that would be sad. I'm counting for some competition from you.
I won't be in WTC but I will do the races just to see how I compare, only got to do about 10 laps so far but my time was 127.4

It's been good racing with you ricky.

As with you, my favorite league race ever was Brands Hatch Indy, I remember trying to intimidate you into going into the sand on turn two & four by getting on your bumper before I would back off. Even though I didn't win that race it was still my favorite race of all time, you have balls of stone my friend...

Last edited:
thefast1

Hmm, i didn't drive Zonda R for a very long time on Nordschleife. I did rust a little. I need to do some practice, because I'm not near my 06:13.231 record. Still though i manage to record yesterday nice and clean run. Check it out and maybe this would help to improve some of your style.

same run in HD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0_hM28YZWY

well the races this week should be interesting.

the 240 sx is a little drifter but is so so so so so so so so so so slow its like its in slow motion its the only car i have drive on Glendale west were i have got no air off the jump :lol: but should be a fun race all the same.

The spa and the GT will be a blast that thing kicks that back end out so easily i love it the brakes are crap tho I think there made from bottle tops and paper clips or somthing, and all the corners i would usually take in 3rd i now have to take in 2nd in the GT.
A tip for the confident driver if you are comming into a corner in the GT and need more braking power use the hand brake it will take off loads off speed just make sure your car is in a straight line or you will be in the wall.

Last night, we have great races at spa and nurburgring. I did what i could to close that 5 second difference but if someone is as fast as you then the race is lost, no matter how fast are trying to be.

I hope we all repeat those races tonight.

Can't believe we're losing to great racers I haven't felt like this since Senna died at least theres the possibility you guys will be back. ricky is fast as hell man he's like a greyhound on steroids.
And nc i've had some fun races with you really close fun races. You'll both be missed hope to catch you both online sometime.
Guys watch out for treky this season and I mean watch out especially manny arvore ect this guy drives like the stig and drinks NO2 for fun.

Forgot to mention Steveo wonder how he's getting on with the wrist?

Last edited:
Last night, we have great races at spa and nurburgring. I did what i could to close that 5 second difference but if someone is as fast as you then the race is lost, no matter how fast are trying to be.

I hope we all repeat those races tonight.

Sure i will be on tonight for some practice.👍

Hmm, i didn't drive Zonda R for a very long time on Nordschleife. I did rust a little. I need to do some practice, because I'm not near my 06:13.231 record. Still though i manage to record yesterday nice and clean run. Check it out and maybe this would help to improve some of your style

You should try it with no ABS and clutch and see what your time is then.

Last edited:

Or just in manual.
People buy steering wheels for realism yet drive in auto.(I don't understand that)

Jesus not the Clutch! I could do that in manual but with clutch i would not reach your record from last WTC competition. I think that was something like 6:25.xxx 👍

addictions
People buy steering wheels for realism yet drive in auto.(I don't understand that)

Well steering with wheel is for more realism but manage gearing takes away concentration. But there is hope :sly: For WTC2 i needed to search for that extra fractures of a seconds and i reach for Manual 👍 Didn't do any good, at first but now i do close times to manual. Need to remember that with breaking i have to down shift.

Anyway have fun in 3rd season.

Jesus not the Clutch! I could do that in manual but with clutch i would not reach your record from last WTC competition. I think that was something like 6:25.xxx 👍

Well steering with wheel is for more realism but manage gearing takes away concentration. But there is hope :sly: For WTC2 i needed to search for that extra fractures of a seconds and i reach for Manual 👍 Didn't do any good, at first but now i do close times to manual. Need to remember that with breaking i have to down shift.

Anyway have fun in 3rd season.

I so need a wheel.
I'v watched your vids Darkos and I think using manual (after you master it) you could lose best part of a second.👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back