Need For Speed: Shift GTP Racing League - Season III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'd love to tell everyone how wonderful my weekend race adventure was but it was filled w/ dis-connects and makeup dis-connects but I think I had one of my best races ever at the end of the makeup Sunday event. I don’t know how the rules apply to make up races but I got DC’d on lap 6 of the Silverston race while I was in first place but I’ll post the video and if anyone has any questions I’ll let you all figure out what place I got. Cars were everywhere It was actually quite a fright fest with Little Lefty freaking out when ADD’s glitch car flew past my nose at like 200 mi/hr. LOL

Looks like it was 3rd in the first race on Sat., I don't know which DC'd second race to chose from, my 3rd with the DC on lap 9 from Sat. or my 1st from the DC 6th lap from Sun. ( someone else make the call ) "can't touch that" and it looks like 2nd on 3rd race of MU Sun.

Thankzzzz 2 everyone that was patient w/ my misfortunes......Lefty..............

Last edited:
:lol::confused:

Maybe he's using Experienced mode instead of mandatory PRO, It's really easy to find who is using Ex mode. Simply if you notice that he's car moving away from yours on straight but you two had the same cars (manufactures), then it's obvious that it's Experienced versus PRO where PRO had all disadvantages! It's hard to believe that one guy is crushing all the time.
At least now you know what to look for, i've learn that on Nordschleife where there are good places to race on straights and check who is using which mode.

1. So now I'm thinking that some one is full of Shift, throw away letter T
2. or making his times not on PS3,
3. or not on PRO mode.

How on earth you could do 6:34:640? In a 14.00 rated car, when you clearly see perfect lap with a much slower time. Thats 9 second of difference!!! From where did you take those 9 seconds on PRO mode?? Did you make mistake with car rating, if you do please don't make small mistakes. You could do that time with 16.60 rated car, which is Fully Tuned. I did very close And after couple of tweaks in my Lambo i could match or even beat that time.

Answers now

Yesterday, 3:21 PM #30

Make decent lap at least with no cut scenes and montages because Some how i find that Hard to believe. But i will watch closely that video with stop timer to compare my split times with yours. This car on video stick to road well to good in corners.

I've noticed that you people had this tendency to accuse of cheating anyone who is simply faster. Chaperz kick your ass and you crying again. Jesus.ch.christ it's just a game. Had a life finally.

Who tends to acuse people who are faster then him of cheating??????:confused::lol:

Do you think people forget the nonsense spam you keep posting over here...:drool:

About getting a life I will just quote you:

Ahhhh That's perfect. 30 minutes of racing, then quick shower and fall a sleep

Such a perfect day:dopey:

Why do you think i don't have do drive it? I'm tracking those events just for pure fun. To keep myself entertain. Sometimes 10 laps in TT gives me an idea what lap times are going to be

or even better:

I'm working on my SUPER SECRET NFS Shift project! Very soon i will reveal all the details.

Project it self is huge it takes almost every single hour after my daytime work. But I'm telling you that probably i am the only one who can handle it. Maybe that sounds a bit to cocky But for now i can't tell any details.

Stay Tunned! Because it's really worth waiting
And you have the NERVE to tell others to get a life??????:banghead:

After keeping posting useless nonsense spam in a thread dedicated to league members wich you were banned for...not having the conviniente clean racing ettiquette to race amongst us fact that inclusive you admited or did you forgot this:
Hot head, desire to win, young age. Lewis Hamilton type .... I was the same but i've learn. Focused on overtake and fast run away from the pack. That was 1st season for me. Luckily in 2nd Manny told me to go f* my self (hehehe) and i did learn my lesson Not always you have to be first

and this:

I my self couldn't believe some of the times, they are sick if someone did them on PRO mode. Now I'm pretty quick and i know some of perfect laps times but still they are much slower on
PRO mode, for this reason since if there is no rules there i did change to Experienced. Just to check if i had a chance to be competitive. And how it turns out
?

So don't tell yourself you were kicked for being faster but only because you didn't fulfill the required posture in the tracks and in the forum as your profile signature clearly states:
"
You have this desire to win, that's racer nature. I'm not gonna let you beat me because I'm just better then you!"
That's one hell of w quote! Which defines true racer and desire, dreams and hard work mixed with dedication
👎
and because we were fed up off putting up with you and your overrated ego...:grumpy:
So please stop posting in this thread and post in the ones regarding competitions in which you are involved and don't force your opinion in matters that don't regard you and that no one in the league is interested to know,do you see any of us posting in the WTTC 2 thread?
So,please leave us alone:grumpy:

Or did you also forgot this:

darkos: Since you're no longer part of this league, your posts in here amount to useless posting & spam.
Please do not continue to troll this thread looking for responses to your provocative posts.
Consider this your warning, and if you continue to post more snide or unconstructive comments aimed directly at other members in here don't be too surprised if you're contacted by a staff member

Last edited:
Ahh, remember the good old days of Season 1 arvore?
None of this nonsense, just straight up racing!

Ahh, remember the good old days of Season 1 arvore?
None of this nonsense, just straight up racing!

Yep Allyn:nervous: good old days,shame that the spirit seems to be fading away because there are many clean racers and enjoyable giuys over here with whom I would love to keep racing with...

Last edited:
Well, I'm back from eating a good dinner after this afternoons' Supercar Challenge Races and what do I find? The same old story, repeated. :indiff:

In every failed plan in history there is one or more fundimental flaws that occurred that led to the failure. I wanted to put together a League of people who wanted clean races in NFS-Shift instead of the punting seen in all the public lobbies. But there are at least three fundimental flaws in the Shift League that make it impossible for it to exist for long...

1. The host cannot set the Driving Difficulty and Assist levels for the people racing in his lobby, or even check visually to see what settings others are using.
  2. Online lag, poor collision prediction and the inability to look left & right (for wheel users) cause a lot inadvertant contact.
  3. I implimented a points system to make the racing more interesting.
Dealing with the inevitable consequences from these three problems have occupied hours and hours of my time for the past four months. Many of the original members have left because of these problems.

I won't get into a long debate over the cheating issue. In spite of people showing videos of their great lap times etc., since there is no way to enforce compliance with the rules when the races are run There is no way to know who is cheating and who isn't.

I see this as the overiding critical flaw in the game and as I see it, it's the flaw that will end this league.

I wanted to put together a League of people who wanted clean races in NFS-Shift instead of the punting seen in all the public lobbies.

From the very beginning that was impossible but we didn't knew not really our fault. Show me any real life race that is without any collisions, cars contact each other. Rules were suppose to fix that problem if someone hit another car. If we could put proper penalty system back then, in begging this might help a lot. But instead of racing you would have cruising along the track and ******** in pants every time when overtake comes to mind. 👎 :)

Well, I'm back from eating a good dinner after this afternoons' Supercar Challenge Races and what do I find? The same old story, repeated. :indiff:

In every failed plan in history there is one or more fundimental flaws that occurred that led to the failure. I wanted to put together a League of people who wanted clean races in NFS-Shift instead of the punting seen in all the public lobbies. But there are at least three fundimental flaws in the Shift League that make it impossible for it to exist for long...

1. The host cannot set the Driving Difficulty and Assist levels for the people racing in his lobby, or even check visually to see what settings others are using.
  2. Online lag, poor collision prediction and the inability to look left & right (for wheel users) cause a lot inadvertant contact.
  3. I implimented a points system to make the racing more interesting.
Dealing with the inevitable consequences from these three problems have occupied hours and hours of my time for the past four months. Many of the original members have left because of these problems.

I won't get into a long debate over the cheating issue. In spite of people showing videos of their great lap times etc., since there is no way to enforce compliance with the rules when the races are run There is no way to know who is cheating and who isn't.

I see this as the overiding critical flaw in the game and as I see it, it's the flaw that will end this league.

This is the biggest issue for me and what, I bet, causes half the arguments. I remember my driver duel against Darkos, I was knocked off the track by a collision (which was a racing incident so no need to start an argument), from a very laggy Darkos Porsche. Watching the video replay from the other cockpit however, there was no contact at all and my car appeared to go straigh on without stopping. There were other incidents where from my view it looked like darkos had run wide, been in the gravel etc, when again, in his view this was not the case and he had driven very fairly indeed.

If we have a system where 2 drivers are getting 2 completely different experiences with one believing they were hit and another believing they were nowhere near, its no wonder differences of opinion will occur. All I can say is bare this in mind and think first before you publicly accuse people of cheating. If you still believe they are, a pm is the way to go. In the GTP registry, you can get in serious trouble for publicly calling out other drivers, it really isn't the correct thing to do.

EDIT: Reply no. 666 ^^^ :scared:

Last edited:
Guy's lets not go there again please, I can imagine Manny pulling his hair out right now, it is pretty obvious to me now after all the league races that I participated in that 99% of the coming together's was caused by lag with no malicious intent meant? in the heat of a race tempers can flare? I myself have done this and accused someone wrongly of taking me out on purpose.

If we want this league to continue I suggest we all stop this petty bickering, I imagine Manny may have had enough of this and could pull the plug.

If you have a dispute with a fellow member please take it to PM, we have had ban's and warning's allready in this thread so lets not have anymore?

On a plus point I can now do full race distances using only my left arm and auto gears :) so prepare for the return of the Pink cars :D

Sunday Re-races

1st Race : I just have a question to those who raced with me, did I overtake you without touching you? I think the overtakes were all clean but I ve a doubt... :dopey: But I m happy with this result cause I just did 15 practice laps before the race (but did thousends of laps many years ago at Monte Carlo on a N64 F1 game as this has always been my favourite track :sly: ) cause I could pass all the other drivers, did the best time and the most important for me : the car was OK for another 15 laps 👍

2nd Race : Started on third place but did a big mistake in 2nd turn and back to last place. So back to work... Then doing clean laps I could overtake Ris8 & Hog. Then was 4 sec behind adddictions & Lefty but I could reduce the gap with them and was behind adddictions who was trying to overtake Lefty. I say trying cause Lefty had big lag problems and his car was going right, left, offtrack, disappearing, etc... But adddict managed to pass him. Then was trying to do the same but always I was thinking I passed him I did not and bump him at least 3 times, but I always was the victim :lol: Not your fault Lefty, I don't accuse you of nothing 👍 But that was a nice challenge, well done Addd! :lol: Then I think Lefty just quit the race or maybe have been disconnected, but on time I just said "thanks to leave Lefty..." :guilty: After that I put real pressure on addd rear bumper till the last turn! Hey Addd! I could see the sweat on your neck :D !!!

3rd Race : Just can say That I had a great great race with addd, the walls and the blue boxes... ;) (Addd thanks for waiting 👍 and sorry for my poor driving :rolleyes: )

1 Ris8 + best lap
2 Lefty
3 Sham
4 Adddiction
5 Kemp
6 Hog

Last edited:
On a plus point I can now do full race distances using only my left arm and auto gears :) so prepare for the return of the Pink cars :D

Great news StevO:tup: Welcome back.:)

Kemp I was trying to take a look at your re races videos but the links you posted are invalid.💡

Great driving Kemp and great times in all the races especially silverstone you sould be proud of that. Don't think you hit me in race 1 and defiantly not in race 2. Don't know about seeing the sweat on my neck. I was sweating that much I'm suprised I didn't leave a trail lol. Race 3 we just rubbed a couple of times when side by side I lost sight of you a few times on the approch to a few bends and as I still couldn't see you I guess you did the same. As for the blue blocks at one stage I had the edge on a straight, The block was in the middle of the road you went right and I went left going a little faster than you. I looked in my mirror and saw you spin I didn't know if you had clipped a block or if I had clipped you as I felt nothing so waited to be sure.
Well done on the results and again great racing man.

Looking forward to the old cheese (steveo) thrashing us again

Here is my screen capture for the rerace on Sunday, 3rd race ( An example of Tortes power, slowest fast lap but only 3 sec’s from the leader Ris at the end who had the fastest lap..LOL) Good race Ris.............Lefty............

Attachments

• 03-03-03MUR.jpg
    03-03-03MUR.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Here is my screen capture from Sat. 1st race. I was assigned to grp A but it morphed into a highbred ( a bad day dancing w/ the big blue blockzzzzzzzzzzz..........GERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........)

Attachments

• 03-03-01 FO.jpg
    03-03-01 FO.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Lefty thats how your car looked to me. Sorry for clipping you as I passed from my veiw you was still in the rough stuff. Aint lag amazing.

Arvore I don't know if we're racing this weekend. Manny may post up some races if we can behave like adults. Though I can't help thinking we've raced our last race.

First of all, I just want to apologize for absenting myself from the forum for the past few days. I’ve been busy both at home and at work this week.

… And to answer your question Sharky… Yes, the league races are over for now. At least they’re over as far as my participation in them goes. I of course, have no objection to others continuing the season.

This isn’t just a reaction to the business last weekend, but I’ve become tired of the continual shortcomings of NFS:Shift as a platform for organized racing. The disconnections, the lag problems, the unknowable assist settings of the participants, plus the fact that in spite of the recent DLC, I’m just tired of the game. The unpleasantness last weekend just reminded me how tiring organizing a League like this can be.

So, having delivered that bad news, I hope that everyone is not too upset with me. On a personal level, I’d like to say that my involvement with the people in the League over the past several months has been a real pleasure for me. Online friendships come and go as our gaming interests change, but I sincerely hope that we will be able to meet-up regularly either in Shift, Supercar Challenge, or GT5 (someday). I know you all to be the very best sort of friends and competitors and it’s been a real pleasure racing with you. :)👍

Manny

WOW ADD is a soothsayer with powers of observation greater then Miss. Cleo. LOL. All fun aside I want to extend my best wishes to Manny and hope that all your endeavors meet with great success. Thankzzzzzz for all of your hard work to help make this forum a fun place to hang out, given the problems w/ the game and the politics that come w/ any kind of racing. Maybe the SHIFT game won’t ever be stable enough to give a solid experience and a move to something more stable is the only thing that will cure the Ills that have given our friend his final straw. Best wishes Manny and you should have no problem where ever you end up cause you can fricken fly. Later………..Lefty………..:cheers:

Very bad news.. I'm so sad about the end of this league. I know Manny has right about all the problems he said. Once more I want to say sorry about the last week, I feel this hall thing was my fault in a part. I learned about it, I will shut my mouth up..

Ps: if noone think he will continue organizing the Leage and we will have no League race and anyone interested in some other races:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125899

I think you did a great job manny. Your a great racer and a great guy. There are no hard fellings from me and I doubt from other members either.
I would like to keep a league going as a lot of people purchased the DLC and still like racing.
I would like the help of thefast1 as he is good as in all fields.
So if nobody has any objections to me (trying) running a league that would be great.
Hope to keep racing you manny and staying friends.
Respect
Jay...

All great things come to an end:nervous:

Thank you Manny for most enjoyable times that you provided for all of us:tup:

Maybe we can keep Saturday nights for informal races in shift...I know I had great times racing most of you guys so whenever you want to schedulle a SHIFT/Whiskey night count me in:tup:

Thanks Lefty. It's a shame, because I feel like you and I only rarely got to race together. I hope when System 3 finally releases Supercar Challenge in the US you'll pick up a copy. I expect you'll be good at that game.

Mohamu don't worry yourself about last weekend. That frustration and suspicion was something we've all had at some point or another because of the stupid way they set up the online gameplay.

Jay, thanks man. And I'm glad you'll and HO... er thefast1 will keep things going here.

Thanks arvore. I've always regretted missing the original Shift/Whiskey night. I'll make an effort to attend the next one. :lol:

I'm very sad about league closed, but I respect you Manny and I thank you and all other players. I go on to drive NFS:Shift still GT5 issue, because I think all problem about this league are for all other PS3 driving games.. or not? Can we do better in Supercar challenge or V8? (i don't like PC's simulation because are too hard and difficult and i haven't so many time to spent for learning, and, above all, my PC is very old!!!)

Thanks Lefty. It's a shame, because I feel like you and I only rarely got to race together. I hope when System 3 finally releases Supercar Challenge in the US you'll pick up a copy. I expect you'll be good at that game.

Mohamu don't worry yourself about last weekend. That frustration and suspicion was something we've all had at some point or another because of the stupid way they set up the online gameplay.

Jay, thanks man. And I'm glad you'll and HO... er thefast1 will keep things going here.

Thanks arvore. I've always regretted missing the original Shift/Whiskey night. I'll make an effort to attend the next one. :lol:

I also want to say thanks for your work here, and for your friendship too Manny! I hope we will have great races in shift or in other else much better racing simulation games in the future somehow! Bet wishes!

I think you did a great job manny. Your a great racer and a great guy. There are no hard fellings from me and I doubt from other members either.
I would like to keep a league going as a lot of people purchased the DLC and still like racing.
I would like the help of thefast1 as he is good as in all fields.
So if nobody has any objections to me (trying) running a league that would be great.
Hope to keep racing you manny and staying friends.
Respect
Jay...

Hi Jay!

If there's a possibility please count me and Shark if you keep the league going.

Thanks mate!

( ps: please tell me if you need some help in organizing )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back