Need for Speed Unbound - General Discussion

• Thread starter Famine
  • 739 comments
It's actually Ty Gibbs' personal car, and as such it has the ability to walk on water.

For the uninitiated.
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

I absolutely did not expect to have a Maybach S-Class in the game, but I really like it. It's different to what you'd usually drive in a Need for Speed, and it has the connection with the hip-hop world that Unbound tries hard to tap into. It's the kind of car you'd expect to find in a Midnight Club game...

...and now here comes the depression...

Last edited:
I absolutely did not expect to have a Maybach S-Class in the game, but I really like it. It's different to what you'd usually drive in a Need for Speed, and it has the connection with the hip-hop world that Unbound tries hard to tap into. It's the kind of car you'd expect to find in a Midnight Club game...

Once again, this game is all about the drip™️

You just had to mention Midnight Club.. man Midnight Club LA was such an AMAZING game. I miss that IP soooo much.

I haven't had a chance to boot the game yet, does anyone know if they've fixed the issue where you had to double press a direction in order to move around the car when modifying the body? It only ever occurred the first time you entered a particular menu but it was very frustrating.

Last edited:
Tried this today. Seem very buggy. Second event just at finish I get some pink cloud obscuring the view entirely in all cameras and found no way to clear it. Also when using hood view nudge the analogue pad just the slightest and you switch views despite massive deadzones.

Criterion are finally ready to show what they've been cooking on Monday... Which hopefully includes more than one car this time around ;)

I just want to honestly say that this game is trash. It's one of the worst nfs games ea has ever made. It's a pity I can't get a refund to buy Assetto Corsa instead.

It's fact for me bro. Been playing all types of racing games (including nfs) for over 10 years. Handling is terrible. Ai in story mode is terrible. The car sounds are far from realistic. The traffic is programmed to slow you down. It's a poorly executed racing game. Nfs heat is way better.

Hm ok. Fopr me personally Unbound drives as great and not much different than Heat, Payback. The only race games where the handling turns me off are The Crew Games including Motorfest ^^

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Need for Speed Unbound Volume 3 Preview: The Missing Link

The next major update for Need for Speed Unbound, “Volume 3”, will become available on June 20. It brings with it some interesting changes to what’s on offer in the mixed-reality racer, and we’ve been giving it a bit of a test run on the PC version of the game...

Last edited:
I've been on GP since I can't remember when, and probably 65% of my gaming has been through the service, and the rest has been digital purchases, most of them at discount prices. I rarely preorder or purchase on day one.

I'm currently playing Yakuza Like a Dragon and doing a second run of Ghostwire: Tokyo which are precisely the games that I get to try and enjoy on GP. I'm also on Metro Exodus, which I purchased very cheap.

I've been on GP since I can't remember when, and probably 65% of my gaming has been through the service, and the rest has been digital purchases, most of them at discount prices. I rarely preorder or purchase on day one.

I'm currently playing Yakuza Like a Dragon and doing a second run of Ghostwire: Tokyo which are precisely the games that I get to try and enjoy on GP. I'm also on Metro Exodus, which I purchased very cheap.
I think having more time would be great for game pass. It’s hard though.

Currently trying this game through EA Play. I really love the graphics and the driving effects don't bother me that much anymore.

Earning money is a bit too hard though. Anyone got any tips for week 1 ? I'm using the Eclipse.

Currently trying this game through EA Play. I really love the graphics and the driving effects don't bother me that much anymore.

Earning money is a bit too hard though. Anyone got any tips for week 1 ? I'm using the Eclipse.
Money gets easier as you progress through the weeks. Just focus on having a good car for the weekend qualifier and you’ll be fine.

I'm here too because it appeared on Gamepass this week.

Tried on the Xbox Series X. I appreciate the intended vibe isn't my usual racer, but I have to say I'm surprised by how graphically limited it is on console: The buildings all lack modern shading effects, which kind of ruins the clean and crisp appearance of the roads and cars.

I do like the quality of the car models, and the visual customisation is impressive. Definitely good stuff there.

As for the driving... yeah, I am so used to race sims and Forza that I'm not really feeling the nuances yet - it's all a bit floaty and brake=oversteer with seemingly no relation to how I drive. I assume you get a feel for the driving model after racing more?

Back