Need help dating a WEDGWOOD Ring.

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by WendyBanes, Nov 26, 2018.

1. WendyBanes

WendyBanes

Despite efforts I cannot seem to find a match out there to date my ring. Cameo Ring with Diana and Stag pictured. Dark blue. Measures appx 1cm by 2 cm Marked "WEDGWOOD" all in caps evenly across the back of cameo. The ring, possibly size 4 is marked P.G.S. Sterling silver.

Attached Files:

2. daan

daan Moderator

Forgive the sarcasm, "Wendy," but you need to think about those efforts if you're looking for information on cosmetic jewellery at an automotive and video game website.

Or have you asked everywhere and we're a last ditch, million to one shot but it just might work, attempt?

3. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

1984? And you could do with another coat on your nails ;)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  4. eran0004

eran0004

Did you try Tinder?

(Sorry, it’s just that this perfectly sums up my knowledge about jewellery)

Pupik and kolio like this.
  5. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

This is the weirder thread I remember seeing on GTPlanet in the last 10 years.

kolio likes this.
  6. TexRex

TexRex Premium

*cough*

kolio and Spacegoat like this.
  7. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I can't help you, but I have a feeling, deep in my gut, that someone will stumble on your thread, sign up, and post a conveniently helpful link.

It could also just be gas.

8. Joey D

Joey D Contributing Writer

It likely comes from this thread, because apparently, I come up when people google Wedgwood rings.

====

@WendyBanes based on the marks on the back, best guess is circa 1930. The PGS should stand for Plated German Silver which is a fancy way of saying silver plated over some cheaper metal. I'd say you're looking at somewhere around $40 in value for the ring based on the pictures. If you want to sell it, I'd try eBay or Etsy. An antique dealer will probably give you no more than $10 for it.

Pupik, Jordan, Aphelion and 2 others like this.
  9. kikie

kikie Premium

Oh, I finally get it. Yesterday a few minutes after this thread was posted, I didn't make any sense. After a good night sleep, I read it again and I think I finally get it.

To date = to find out from which era this ring is (year)? And not to date in dating that ring, which would mean, dating the person that wears the ring.

Maybe you could look at this site @WendyBanes

Click here.

WendyBanes likes this.
  10. WendyBanes

WendyBanes

11. WendyBanes

WendyBanes

Noted and appreciated! I will see how to fix that. Have never posted a "thread".

12. WendyBanes

WendyBanes

1979 and no princess I can't

13. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Couldn't, surely?

Keep us updated on how much you get for it.

14. Robin

Robin Premium

Wedgewood has pretty good customer services. Would have thought contacting them would likely give you the best help.

15. WendyBanes

WendyBanes

Thanks for all the help. Bought it while thrifting and was surprised it was marked. Curiosity had me googling for a bit with no luck. This site surprisingly was the most helpful despite my apparently posting in automotive. Thanks to all again :)