Need help dating a WEDGWOOD Ring.

• Thread starter WendyBanes
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Despite efforts I cannot seem to find a match out there to date my ring. Cameo Ring with Diana and Stag pictured. Dark blue. Measures appx 1cm by 2 cm Marked "WEDGWOOD" all in caps evenly across the back of cameo. The ring, possibly size 4 is marked P.G.S. Sterling silver.

Attachments

• IMG_20181126_100541719~2.jpg
    IMG_20181126_100541719~2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20181126_100057727~2.jpg
    IMG_20181126_100057727~2.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20181126_100240502~2.jpg
    IMG_20181126_100240502~2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20181126_100526346.jpg
    IMG_20181126_100526346.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 44
Forgive the sarcasm, "Wendy," but you need to think about those efforts if you're looking for information on cosmetic jewellery at an automotive and video game website.

Or have you asked everywhere and we're a last ditch, million to one shot but it just might work, attempt?

I can't help you, but I have a feeling, deep in my gut, that someone will stumble on your thread, sign up, and post a conveniently helpful link.

It could also just be gas.

Forgive the sarcasm, "Wendy," but you need to think about those efforts if you're looking for information on cosmetic jewellery at an automotive and video game website.

Or have you asked everywhere and we're a last ditch, million to one shot but it just might work, attempt?

It likely comes from this thread, because apparently, I come up when people google Wedgwood rings.

====

@WendyBanes based on the marks on the back, best guess is circa 1930. The PGS should stand for Plated German Silver which is a fancy way of saying silver plated over some cheaper metal. I'd say you're looking at somewhere around $40 in value for the ring based on the pictures. If you want to sell it, I'd try eBay or Etsy. An antique dealer will probably give you no more than $10 for it.

Oh, I finally get it. Yesterday a few minutes after this thread was posted, I didn't make any sense. After a good night sleep, I read it again and I think I finally get it.

To date = to find out from which era this ring is (year)? And not to date in dating that ring, which would mean, dating the person that wears the ring.

Maybe you could look at this site @WendyBanes

Click here.

Wedgewood has pretty good customer services. Would have thought contacting them would likely give you the best help.

Thanks for all the help. Bought it while thrifting and was surprised it was marked. Curiosity had me googling for a bit with no luck. This site surprisingly was the most helpful despite my apparently posting in automotive. Thanks to all again :)

Back