Need Help Tuning? Ask Here!

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 299 comments
The El camino won't ever handle very well. If you tune it to stop it wheelspinnig it'll most likely understeer massively. Ways to stop it being so tail happy are to make the rear higher than the front, softer tyres on the rear or positive rear toe.
I'm talking about drag racing. I've figured out how to handle it while racing. I need drag help.

I don't think you can get any softer than RS tires...
You just have to find a happy medium of weight and gearing, I don't believe it runs full weight, Im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

200 kg is too much for that car. I run a little over a 100 kg with positive 50 ballast.
Alright. I think it's mainly because when I run I'm burning out up to 50 mph
Different transmission setup would be the best alternative?

Hiya guys and girls :)

I after info in tuning cars for drag racing

It's not something I really bother with, I'm more of a track racer then a drag racer but i want to give drag racing a go and none of my cars seem to be good enough. Even my 1000+BHP cars get beat by lesser powered cars.:ouch: :embarrassed:

Any tips and tricks on making a quick drag car in all drive trains would be appreciated. 👍

So I've started tuning awhile back and I'm great with the transmission but I feel like the cars could be faster if I knew what I was doing with my suspension..any tips/help?

So I've started tuning awhile back and I'm great with the transmission but I feel like the cars could be faster if I knew what I was doing with my suspension..any tips/help?
Suspension can mess up your transmission, most rear wheel drive cars are raised as high as possible (McLaren F1 I preferred to lower it) 4wd usually like to be lowered as much as possible (Again my aventador was as high as possible) With some cars it's just down to preference.

Suspension can mess up your transmission, most rear wheel drive cars are raised as high as possible (McLaren F1 I preferred to lower it) 4wd usually like to be lowered as much as possible (Again my aventador was as high as possible) With some cars it's just down to preference.
So its sorta just for looks how you want the car to sit? It's not gonna hurt the 1/4 time too bad?

So its sorta just for looks how you want the car to sit? It's not gonna hurt the 1/4 time too bad?
Depends on the car. Muscle cars always want to be as high as possible, same with the vipers and corvettes, cars with a lot of down force can be lowered and not lose too much. 4wd are much more leniant because of the Torque split. my aventador was highered but the torque split was 18/82 and a 2nd gear launch.

Depends on the car. Muscle cars always want to be as high as possible, same with the vipers and corvettes, cars with a lot of down force can be lowered and not lose too much. 4wd are much more leniant because of the Torque split. my aventador was highered but the torque split was 18/82 and a 2nd gear launch.
Alright thanks for all the help

Hey guys my 05 sti ra tops out at 170 mph and is really becoming a pain...any suggestions on what I can do to get it to about 200 or above

The car might not have the power to hit 200. Been a while since I was last on, so couldn't look at the car. Try nos
It was weird because it was hitting 195 then I challenged my friend to a drag and he smashed me because my car all of sudden toped out at 170 now

im noticing some people are not doing the full throttle launch and it seems more like a controlled rpm launch. I tired tuning for a more controlled rpm launch and it seems pretty good. Anyone on here know of anything like this?
Very interesting because this same thing is happening in GTS .

Back