• Thread starter ryzno
  • 299 comments

ryzno

Slowest of the Fastest!!
(Banned)
United States
Dahlonega, GA
ryzno
This Thread is for the discussion of 1/4mi. Tuning and Tips/Tricks of 1/4 mi. Tuning.
This Thread is not about just asking for a Tune, but the willingness to learn.

First and foremost, please read this first: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-4-mile-transmission-guide-for-dummies-illustrated.294981/ before asking about Transmissions.:D

Please feel free, to ask questions and/or make comments about your observations in Drag Racing.

Even though, we don't like to give out Tunes, some members may decide to give out a Base Tune(not a perfect Tune, but shows you the right direction to Tune your car.)

If you still have problems figuring out your/how to Tune, please provide your Tune, so we can see where you have the settings wrong and tell you how to fix it.

We will not give specific numbers or Full Tunes, so don't bother asking.
If you do receive a Base Tune, don't cry that its not the best, ask for help on how to deal, with whatever problems you are experiencing in the Base Tune.

As we learn more Tips and Tricks, I will add to the list of them.

Also I will create a list of Base Tunes that have been supplied in this Thread.
I will test the Base Tunes to make sure they are not literally a BaSe(did ya catch that?) tune. As to not waste my time, making links to bad Base Tunes.(even though I might waste my time testing some):indiff:

Tips and Tricks:
  • CH-SH Tires, on non driven wheels.(Depends on drive-train) Said to have been fixed patch 1.05
  • No Flat Floors.(A upgrade in the Custom Parts(aero) options)
  • Raked suspensions(min/max ride height), are not the best option, for all drive-trains. Mainly for FWD and 4WD use. RWD and MR max/max

Base Tunes:

GTPlanet's Tunes Section
Tunes by:
kingking
Shells N Cheese
ArticTrust
irabbiT
And many others!
More to come in the future!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drag-tuning-guide-for-various-cars.307795/
By: @nascarfan657

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/drag-setups-for-mrangrybirdshdz-check-it-out-d.313771/
By: @MrAngeryBirds

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/levitt1991s-guide-to-making-a-1-4-base-tune.318012/
By: @levitt1991

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wraith-drag-tunes-tds-supra-rz-97-just-added.316142/
By: @wraith of horus

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/epics-house-of-tunes.318266/
By: @a3picGamer47

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...12c-zzii-one-77-added-design-overhaul.317311/
By: @Vanatic

Feel free to ask the Tuner of your choice, your requests for Tunes.

As usual, any help with ideas, etc.. for this Thread are welcome.:cheers:

New people and Trolls, do not flood this Thread with requests for Tunes!!:mad::mischievous:

Also lets keep this civil so it does not get locked.

*All Tips are opinions, hypothesize and/or heard rumors/facts.
*All tunes are from their respective creator/s.

Last edited:
This Thread is for the discussion of 1/4mi. Tuning and Tips/Tricks of 1/4 mi. Tuning.
This Thread is not about just asking for a Tune, but the willingness to learn.

First and foremost, please read this first: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-4-mile-transmission-guide-for-dummies-illustrated.294981/ before asking about Transmissions.:D

Please feel free, to ask questions and/or make comments about your observations in Drag Racing.

Even though, we don't like to give out Tunes, some members may decide to give out a Base Tune(not a perfect Tune, but shows you the right direction to Tune your car.)

If you still have problems figuring out your/how to Tune, please provide your Tune, so we can see where you have the settings wrong and tell you how to fix it.

We will not give specific numbers or Full Tunes, so don't bother asking.
If you do receive a Base Tune, don't cry that its not the best, ask for help on how to deal, with whatever problems you are experiencing in the Base Tune.

As we learn more Tips and Tricks, I will create a list of them.

Also I will create a list of Base Tunes that have been supplied in this Thread.
I will test the Base Tunes to make sure they are not literally a BaSe(did ya catch that?) tune. As to not waste my time, making links to bad Base Tunes.(even though I might waste my time testing some):indiff:

Tips and Tricks:
  • CH-SH Tires, on non driven wheels.(Depends on drive-train)
  • No Flat Floors.(A upgrade in the Custom Parts options)
  • Raked suspensions, are not the best option, for all drive-trains.

Base Tunes: Coming whenever...

As usual, any help with ideas, etc.. for this Thread are welcome.:cheers:

New people and Trolls, do not flood this Thread with requests for Tunes!!:mad::mischievous:

Also lets keep this civil so it gets stickied and not locked.
Very well put together bro! 👍

Hey first time poster to this site. I really want to learn how to tune my self i have been getting tunes online and it just isn't really satisfying me. I'm trying to get the hang of manual driving. Iv been draging with auto (nasty I know lol) if there any other explanations of transmission tuneing? I'm getting what it says but when I try to work on my own tune. It dosnt seem to make any sense. Thank u for any feed back. I'm working on an el camino for 1/4. I'll try and make a tune and post it here if anyone could give any feed back I'd appreciate it

Welcome to GTP.

As far as Automatic Trans, I recommend learning to use Manual, you will never get a good run in any car that requires a quick shift launch. Also there is no need to downshift at a specific rate, so the focus is mainly on when to up shift.
The key is figuring out when to shift, and the optimal shift is a little past peak HP to keep the car in the Max Power range. In the El C's case is around 6k RPM

Also I doubt my Tune is perfect but I launch in 2nd and QS(quickshift) to 3rd. crossing the line before Red Line in 5th gear.

Alright. Thank u. Is it normal to be sliding around a lot in the el? I put the ballast at 30% to compensate for the front heavy but I still slide so much. Just trying to get down the lane is a challenge lol

Alright. Thank u. Is it normal to be sliding around a lot in the el? I put the ballast at 30% to compensate for the front heavy but I still slide so much. Just trying to get down the lane is a challenge lol

Nevermind! Lol

Last edited:
Hey first time poster to this site. I really want to learn how to tune my self i have been getting tunes online and it just isn't really satisfying me. I'm trying to get the hang of manual driving. Iv been draging with auto (nasty I know lol) if there any other explanations of transmission tuneing? I'm getting what it says but when I try to work on my own tune. It dosnt seem to make any sense. Thank u for any feed back. I'm working on an el camino for 1/4. I'll try and make a tune and post it here if anyone could give any feed back I'd appreciate it
shoot me a friend request on PSN i'll guide you on all the tips and tricks on drag racing 👍...i'll make you a semi-pro in a couple days :sly:.........@michrulejj i beg to differ :rolleyes:

shoot me a friend request on PSN i'll guide you on all the tips and tricks on drag racing 👍...i'll make you a semi-pro in a couple days :sly:.........@michrulejj i beg to differ :rolleyes:
Alright lol i sent u a friend request i really apprec

One thing I am trying to figure out. How do I find my flip that I used? I am trying to tune my sons cars he has (identical to mine). Cannot figure out the flip I used on my cars to transfer to him? Is there some kind of formula or trick to figure it out?

One thing I am trying to figure out. How do I find my flip that I used? I am trying to tune my sons cars he has (identical to mine). Cannot figure out the flip I used on my cars to transfer to him? Is there some kind of formula or trick to figure it out?

I always write my flip point in the comments section of the tune sheet. Makes it easy to go back to that point if I need to.

But in your case, if any of your gears are all the way to one side (doesn't matter if it's left or right) you can find your flip until the gear ratio's are the same. I usually go in increments of .200 until I get close then go down to .050, and so on.

Hey I'm tuning a Chevelle and I'm starting to get it dialed but I'm having trouble with keeping traction any tips on that or do you need my tune?

Hey I'm tuning a Chevelle and I'm starting to get it dialed but I'm having trouble with keeping traction any tips on that or do you need my tune?

Are you using comfort hard front tires? That makes a world of difference on muscle cars.

Also make sure your running 0 camber in the rear, if your not already.

Back