Need help with S-8 licence.

Messages
488
I've been at it for the better part of 3.5 hours and i am now so sick of it i am screaming at the TV. The best I've managed is 6th, that damned Alfa just doesn't have the power to power round the bends, i can take the cars just fine but going round the bends there just isnt any power, how the hell are you guys managing gold on this one is beyond me, most of the time i'm getting D/Qed because of the other cars hitting my rear quarter because i have to break late just to catch them on the bends :grumpy: :crazy: :scared: :sick: :banghead: 🤬 :confused: :nervous:

Help please.

edit,

THATS IT, I GIVE UP!!!

i don't understand how i get D/Qed after i am rammed in my rear quarter when i have the line :banghead: :confused:
 
Last edited:
Try checking out the videos on the below link.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133610

They prove pretty useful. Sometimes it proves better to take some cars on the outside to avoid them smashing into you. Turn your aids off and use manual. If you are doing this already, then just practice and try to duplicate what they do in the videos. If you're not, then it'll take some time to get used to driving with them off but once mastered, you gain alot of extra time.
 
what aids do i turn off since it wont allow me to turn most of them off anyways?

i've been watching stune5's films on Y/T but its obvious he has a wheel because there is no way i can duplicate that kind of driving on the outside of the bends with a pad no matter how hard i try....i know, i've been at it for over 4 hours and close to tears.

well, i turned off all aids and 3 times on the trot the brakes locked up and car wouldn't even turn, it went straight off the track and i cant even get this tub of 🤬 to drift, so i give up!

lock please.
 
Last edited:
You need to think like a tiger, act like a tiger, breathe like a tiger. You have to become a tiger.

Instead of driving like a clydesdale horse. ;)
 
what aids do i turn off since it wont allow me to turn most of them off anyways?

well, i turned off all aids and 3 times on the trot the brakes locked up and car wouldn't even turn, it went straight off the track and i cant even get this tub of 🤬 to drift, so i give up!

Sorry, I do keep the ABS on 1 because of this reason. But other than that, whatever assists you are allowed to turn off. It takes some time. And I'm sure it is definitely harder to be more precise with a pad. I used a wheel as well but I also know that track like the back of my hand because of Prologue. Don't give up man, keep at it. Once you get it, you'll feel so relieved and proud. That makes it worth it to me. Good luck!!!:cheers:
 
You need to think like a tiger, act like a tiger, breathe like a tiger. You have to become a tiger.

Instead of driving like a clydesdale horse. ;)

thats gold in itself 👍
 
Edit: Oops I typed about a completely different License >.>

But, when I got gold on this one, I passed 1st and 2nd place barely at the last sharp turn with all driving settings at default.
 
Last edited:
I beat this with the little dualshock3 controller. Actually, I got all golds in all licenses with the ds3. It is very possible. That car handles better than all the other AI cars, so aim for outside passing throughout the race. I passed the last guy on the very last turn and had to block him so he wouldn't pass me back to get gold on that one.
 
You need to think like a tiger, act like a tiger, breathe like a tiger. You have to become a tiger.

Instead of driving like a clydesdale horse. ;)


Dont talk to me about Tigers mate, i used to own 1 of these about 12 years ago, until it was stolen :ouch:

npocpm5main.jpg
 
I golded everything with a dualshock, so I'll tell you the trick to s8.
While u think the alfa is powerless at the bends, it's just the opposite.
The problem is you get in the bends too fast or you push full speed at the apex and then the car wants to spin and then the asn or whatever cuts the power so the car won't spin.
U can actually take the bends MUCH faster the u or the ai does.. U just need to come in at a sensible though fast speed and speed up gradually out.. Do it as smoothly as you can with the straightest line possible. You'll see u pass the Ferrari and the lambo with no problem.. And late breaking the end of the track before the 90 degree turn.
It's really much simpler than u think.
Remember, the car "loses power" cause she wants to spin out.
She can take the turns very well if u do it right. You'll be surprised.
 
meh! all i want is a bronze and i have now lost count of how many hours i have spent trying to do this, I HATE SUZUKA!

i am coming in at a sensible speed and i still cant get better than 6th, and i cant even get 6th on consecutive tries. i get D/Qed about 20 times before i can manage 1 complete lap.

to be honest, i don't even care for the license or the prize cars, what i care about is completing the game 100%, but unlike GT4 i wont do it again and again.


SUCCESS!!! 4th...i think i will now roll up into a ball and cry :nervous:

thank 🤬 for that!
 
Last edited:
I got bronze on all licenses up to S2 not I struggle. I have moved on got lvl 40 in both A spec and B spec, completed all ASpec and Bspec events including ALL endurances. Just got a few special events and back to the licenses. But I still find it impossible. Now my question:

I get turning off traction control and ABS and ASC.
Does turning of driving line reduce lap times?
 
The line itself doesn't affect the car's performance, it is more about how you use the line. I had faster times with the line turned off for most of the tests.
 
Turn off the ABS, learn how to brake, and after a few tries you will gold it...

Which buttons do you use? X and [] ?
 
Dont talk to me about Tigers mate, i used to own 1 of these about 12 years ago, until it was stolen :ouch:

npocpm5main.jpg

Sorry to hear it has been stolen, the E34 M5 is a brilliant car and I really love it, too. But compared to the 8C it might be at least a panther :)
 
Sorry to hear it has been stolen, the E34 M5 is a brilliant car and I really love it, too. But compared to the 8C it might be at least a panther :)


Fancy gizmo's and electronic stability gadgets are a poor substitute for a big car with tonnes of power and nothing between that and the road surface except the tyres...would LOVE to have drifted her round the Top Gear test track and throw her around like a wet rag.
 
Fancy gizmo's and electronic stability gadgets are a poor substitute for a big car with tonnes of power and nothing between that and the road surface except the tyres...would LOVE to have drifted her round the Top Gear test track and throw her around like a wet rag.

I´m with you, pal. I'd always choose a E34 M5 over a rolling computer on wheels. But I guess in reallife you can switch off quite much things in that 8C :) If not, just tearing out that dayum fusebox might do the trick 👍
 
I golded everything with a dualshock, so I'll tell
only went as far as silver on everything using the controller myself, normally got it after a few attempts and was happy enough with that, never really tried for gold, but prob will come back and go for it at some point
 
I golded it first attempt, don't remember exactly what I did, I do remember that is was default assists though. And was with a DS3.
 
I´m with you, pal. I'd always choose a E34 M5 over a rolling computer on wheels. But I guess in reallife you can switch off quite much things in that 8C :) If not, just tearing out that dayum fusebox might do the trick 👍


With today's integrated engines and computers...probably wont start if you do that lol


Simpler to buy an E34...if you can find one that is :(
 
Switch off all the driving aids except de abs set on 1, set the controller sensitivity to the max.....and if u can control acceleration times and brake times.....u should gold easy this challenge. Now with the latests updates it's even easier because u can ramm the other cars gently to make space for your car. I've gold'it with a dual shock 3 controller...no steering wheel....so it's possible.
 
I just upgraded this from Bronze to Gold 2 days ago using my DFGT. 0 TCS, 1 ABS and ASM on. Once I realized that I had to brake early with this Alpha Romeo, I golded this on my first full lap. Pretty easy really.
 
It's pretty easy to succeed. You just need to know when, where, and how you are going to interact. Here's a map to help you where you can overtake:
suzukacircuitovertakema.png

Thanks for AMG for the base map of the Suzuka Circuit!

Corner A:
During the straight, you'll need to draft to overtake the 11th car. You can then exert that energy through this corner. You can overtake about 3-4 cars if you late brake and maneuver properly. If you can't pinpoint the correct place to overtake, take a stare at the gap they leave when they proceed inside.

Corner B:
At corner A, you'll still have some power left, so you can exert the rest on this corner. Once again, they'll leave a gap when the cars proceed to the apex.

Corner C:
This area has several overtake spots. Since the AI slows down at this area, you can easily overtake. The pathways to take can be seen from the wide zone of the corners or at the apex. Make sure you also manage your throttle and brake, as the cars will fill up most of the road.

Corner D:
Before you enter to this corner, you can also reach an overtake head-start (It means a way to speed up more easily to the opponent in front of you) at the kink. Once you do enter the corner, you can overtake by taking the wide zone of the corner or take the curb itself at the apex but make sure you don't go into the grass, as you'll be disqualified. I recommend taking the apex.

Corner E:
The small kink before this corner is another overtake head-start. When you enter in the hairpin, you can overtake by taking the apex or the wide zone of the corner.

Corner F and G:
The Spoon Curve is a good way to overtake as the AI leaves a gap when they proceed into the corners.

Corner H:
The straight before ultimately entering this last overtake spot is another good way to overtake, as the soft-angled corner before it can overtake a few cars. When you do enter into the corner, you can overtake by late braking properly and seeking for a decent route to overtake without disrupting the entire license test. For me, this corner exposes no use as I already overtook everyone.

If it fails, retry and learn your mistakes.
 
S license all done now with abs and asm on. Really came down to not trying to push to hard with focus rather on being consistant and at the ready for the overtake on the corners.

ASpec LVL 40 BSpec LVL 40 Game Completion 99% A Spec complete B Spec complete Licenses Complete 1025 unique cars
 
I've never got any problem with the S-linces , my problems started at the international linces:ouch:
 
Since i got bronze on this i haven't revisited S-8 to better the bronze and completely forgot about this thread till it was BUMPED up...having said that, my thanks to elitedriver123 and everyone else for posting advice...much appreciated :)
 
Didn't anyone turned off the ABS with this test, to disable the ASM?? I know I did, and after I figured out how to brake, took me no more then 5 minutes, I golded it, I became first in the second Spooncorner.
 
I just did this a few seconds ago with the ds3. Turn all the aids off except for abs at 1. I turn the driving line off b/c i think it is complete garbage sometimes. Anyways, as always draft the first car to help gain speed. Try to always take the inside line, even if it gives you some gentle bumps here and there with the AI. Around the bends you can drop half the car into the grass while keeping the other half on the rubblestrip/track. Just manage your speed and keep passing. I was able to overtake 1st before i had even reached the back straight.
 
Took me a couple of hours, in my opinion the hardest licence to gold. Just try to maintain a good speed through the s-bends without braking then accelerating too much and If you need to I've found you can give the other cars a good nudge without getting disqualified.

Around the tight corner at the end, you can take a slight short cut. Brake late and try not to lose too much speed exiting the corner.

Also, make sure your either in 3rd or 4th place at the end of the s-bends otherwise it's unlikely you will manage to catch up by the end.

(Golded with DS3)
 
Last edited:
Back