Need Tuning suggestions

• Thread starter Fowler
  • 6 comments
i've had GT2 since about 2001.

anyways, i've had basicly no idea how to PROPERLY tune up my cars that whole time. which is bad, really bad, cause now i have a grand total of 49 beauts that are literally ruined. :ouch: :dunce: i'll have to start all over pretty much on every last one of them, minus the Elise GT1 i've been able to retune properly.

of course, im not gonna ask help on all 49 of those cars. just 5 in particular. i'll probably post away on some of the others in time, just not now.

anyways, big 5.

1 Jaguar XJ220 race car

2 TVR Tuscan speed 6

3 Shelby GT350

4 mercedes AMG C43

5 Lotus Europa & Lotus Europa race car

keep in mind, i'd rather not do a racing modification on any of them, if possible.

Do a search for "tuning guide".
IF my memory serves, both Boombexus and Famine have done fairly extensive guides on tuning cars. You won't get settings per se, you'll get an idea how to do your own tuning.
Granted both guides are for GT3. But I have found that my GT3 settings actually make me faster on GT2 in a lot of cases.
You do know how to go back to your "stock" settings? Highlight the parameter and push the "select" button.
Also, start with height and braking, then move to "balance" issues based on what the car is doing.
If the back end is coming around (oversteer) you can ease the weight on the rear springs, or lower the rear ride height. Of course this is just a generalization that works for me based on my driving style.
Another thing to remember, is that my actual settings may not work for your style.
So if you find actual settings use them only as a starting point. You'll have to tweak the car from that point to make it work for you in most cases.

Hope that this gets you started.
Happy racing.

The settings mostly depends on what you want to do, and where you want to do it. To which state of tune the cars are, Full Suspension, HP, and which tires you've added on......

The track is obviously going to be a consideration, because it will change from track to track.

What do you want to do with these cars? Race an enduro, just enjoy the car with some consistant lapping? Ease of driving, or absolute fastest possible pace.

The Europa for example can be driven with settings that make it handle a little better, as it can be pretty squirrely. OR, you can decide to go with settings that make it a monster Giant Killer, and I ran it in the Trial Mountain Enduro against the Vector, and beat it. With the right settings and Race Mods, it is also possible to beat the GT ONE in GT ALL STARS at Red Rock Valley. But those settings take quite a bit of time to get used to, and can be difficult to drive with.

mostly, i need to be able to handle sharp turns at relatively decent speeds. alot of the time i need to take these turns at 40 to 60 miles an hour *deep forest track*.

You need to be able to handle these *Deep Forest* corners, better, because you are having problems with handling, and are spinning too much? Or want to carry more speed through the corners, knowing that carrying more speed may mean a twitchy car?

I have some comfy Europa settings, but otherwise most of my settings are fast and twitchy. To make it easier to drive, lower the suspension, and soften the dampers some. I'll try and retrieve the Europa settings tomorrow.

Latest Posts

Back