Neo-classical Competition Car Choice and Setup

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 142 comments
I managed to get 1st on RB ring with Escudo last night, luckily no proper rain. Ran fuel mix 4 to stop on lap 6, then filled up and then fuel mix 1 to end of the race.

Gave Willow Springs a few attempts but I don't know that track very well and was all over the place.

Does anyone have an Escudo tune for Willow Springs?
Trying with the Praino tune with max power but the snap oversteer going into the corners is making it very difficult to complete 3 laps let alone 10.

Edit: I completed this one now, winning on Willow Springs by 0.031 seconds

Last edited:
Does anyone have an Escudo tune for Willow Springs?
Trying with the Praino tune with max power but the snap oversteer going into the corners is making it very difficult to complete 3 laps let alone 10.

Edit: I completed this one now, winning on Willow Springs by 0.031 seconds
Sorry new to this but struggling with this series , where can I find the Escudo you used, thanks

Also stuck on the willow race. Done the others with an old porsche and audi quattro pikes peak. Willow is so difficult because of all the strange of camber throwing you off. I could actually do it in my old porsche but 10 laps without any off or misstake on worn racing mediums is hard. I had to give up racing softs lol. Maybe racing hard is the way to go but I am a bit to slow already... Not strange since my pp is at the 720:s...
Appear you have to wait to january for the good cars to show up again currently. Frustrating because I finally figured out a way to make money.

Circuit experiences pays very well.

Also stuck on the willow race. Done the others with an old porsche and audi quattro pikes peak. Willow is so difficult because of all the strange of camber throwing you off. I could actually do it in my old porsche but 10 laps without any off or misstake on worn racing mediums is hard. I had to give up racing softs lol. Maybe racing hard is the way to go but I am a bit to slow already... Not strange since my pp is at the 720:s...
Appear you have to wait to january for the good cars to show up again currently. Frustrating because I finally figured out a way to make money.

Circuit experiences pays very well.
Hards don't help(not me anyway), I use the porche 962. Fastest lap I've managed is 1:09. But like you said keeping that up for 10laps is very difficult. I have found on occasion the ai cars do lap a little slower. in the 1:10 area, but again keeping it off the rough for 10 laps is hard..
Best of luck with this

I won all the races with the Sauber C9, detuned on mediums , the fuel will last the 10 laps. Tyres lasted as well in Willow. Only tyre change I did, was swapping for intermediates when it rained.

Hards don't help(not me anyway), I use the porche 962. Fastest lap I've managed is 1:09. But like you said keeping that up for 10laps is very difficult. I have found on occasion the ai cars do lap a little slower. in the 1:10 area, but again keeping it off the rough for 10 laps is hard..
Best of luck with this
I do high 1.07s. Of course not every lap but most below 1.09. Honestly I don´t think it´s enough probably still miss a few seconds to get third.

oboy oboy did I dodge a bullet now! the new update has a race at willows with that hyped suzuki esquido or what it´s name pikes peak rally car. Not entirely unexpected it share traits with the audi quattro which is already broken but this is totally broken. Also not sure if the sound is right or it´s some electrical car or something because there is no engine noise. But I did the previous spa race and thought sound was really lackluster there as well.

There is a mclaren f1 in the legends menu now though extremely expensive and doubt it has the fuel economy going for it :)

Where do you get these cars from?
That really rather depends what car you're talking about.

Cars from 2001 and on are available in Brand Central all the time. Older cars are either in the Used Car Dealer or, if they're significant and/or expensive enough, Legends Cars. Both Used and Legends cars operate a stock cycle, so you only see some of the cars (30 in Used, 10 in Legends) at any given time, though it updates daily to swap out some of the cars (3-5 for Used, 1-3 for Legends) for new stock.

Is it safe assume most people don’t play this game on hard? I used the 962 without stops and find myself in a distant 2nd to the Jag. I’ll buy one next time it appears in the legend garage. I’m only an A driver so that could be the problem too.

Is it safe assume most people don’t play this game on hard? I used the 962 without stops and find myself in a distant 2nd to the Jag. I’ll buy one next time it appears in the legend garage. I’m only an A driver so that could be the problem too.
I'm a struggler on hard, ever since day 1.
Despite very rarely ever finishing 1st, also been tearing what is left of my bald head out trying to do willow springs on this menu book.

Tried the Supra on hard difficulty and got 4th place at the Red Bull Ring. 5 laps on softs and FM3. One stop. Will only try as soon as i have some old group 1 car.

Yeah, not conclusive of course, but when subject of difficulty levels emerged before on here, many indicated they play on normal, or even easy. I feel no level of shame in reducing the difficulty on some races, particularly if it involves cars/tracks I'm not really into.

If its on tracks, cars, I'm not used to, I'll start on easy as some kind of paid practice, and work through all the difficulty levels.

Plus the AI, or speed of them varies foe different races. Some you can comfortably win using a car way below recommended pp, others you need to be getting max performance to stand a chance.

Last edited:
These races were frustrating on hard... I'm a mediocre driver and got lapped by p1 and p2 :D

Best way to win Fujia and Red Bull Ring (imo) is to have the weather radar open and zoomed all the way out to see the clouds comming. When you see a huge cloud with a lot off different colors swap to wet tires.
I finished this way Fuji in p2 and Red Bull Ring in p1; p2 and p3 in these races were insanely fast on the straights but incredible slow in corners.
Mazda 787B, 200kg ballast, output limited to get to 800pp with racing hard and wet tires. No other parts changed or added.

With the new PP calculations the Escudo is in a much much better position than it used to be. If you're having trouble with the Group C's then I would try the Escudo. Finally managed to at least get 2nd in all 3 races on Hard, as a low A/high B controller driver.
Where do you get the Escudo from? Is it a Legend garage buy? I’m stuck on this event. I’m using a Nissan GTR, but everything that wins seems to be a Group C. I managed a win at Red Bull but only because the rain came at exactly the same point as I needed fuel & could fit rain tyres. I can’t compete successfully at Fuji or Willow Springs as even on lean burn 6 it needs fuel stops.

There’s a Mercedes-Benz CLK LM 1998 in the Legends garage for sale today at 6.5 million. Is that a good car and price to use at the Neo Classic race, menu 43?

It pops up in the legends dealership every now and then
Mostly 'then'. I've been waiting a while since it (Escudo) last appeared in July '22... or was it July '21 (sarcasm). Maybe today is the day🤞.

Last edited:
There’s a Mercedes-Benz CLK LM 1998 in the Legends garage for sale today at 6.5 million. Is that a good car and price to use at the Neo Classic race, menu 43?
I decided to pick it up and try it at Red Bull and I'm running 1:25ish on hard difficulty. Unless the rain hits at just the right time I don't think it's going to work. I'm stuck waiting for the 767b.

Finally! Red Bull Neoclassical Menu 43 on Hard difficulty! After over 100 attempts.

Used the CLK, IM tires (to bump up the PP & HOPE for rain). FM 4-6 for 0 pit strategy & added Nitro. Won by 4 second in a downpour at the end.
Whew!

Last challenge is Fuji. 🤞

Finally! Red Bull Neoclassical Menu 43 on Hard difficulty! After over 100 attempts.

Used the CLK, IM tires (to bump up the PP & HOPE for rain). FM 4-6 for 0 pit strategy & added Nitro. Won by 4 second in a downpour at the end.
Whew!

Last challenge is Fuji. 🤞
Congrats! Same here! On hard difficulty, used the CLK as well, RH & IM tires, FM1, no nitrous or other parts added except ballast to lower PP. Started raining after lap 3 so changed to IMs. Rivals pitted and changed to wets one lap later so gained some valuable time there. Won by 2 seconds.

Winning the Red Bull Ring Neoclassical was the final and one of the hardest challenges of GT7 for me. Now I have finished 1st on every single event and golded all the license tests, missions and CEs. All on hard difficulty. Took me almost a year.

Congrats! Same here! On hard difficulty, used the CLK as well, RH & IM tires, FM1, no nitrous or other parts added except ballast to lower PP. Started raining after lap 3 so changed to IMs. Rivals pitted and changed to wets one lap later so gained some valuable time there. Won by 2 seconds.

Winning the Red Bull Ring Neoclassical was the final and one of the hardest challenges of GT7 for me. Now I have finished 1st on every single event and golded all the license tests, missions and CEs. All on hard difficulty. Took me almost a year.
Well done.
I just finished Fuji and didn't need the 767B after all. Everything is done now except the 1.27 update has a glitch that won't record my Hypercar result on Monza or the Clubman 600 on the Ring.
After that just gotta car collect... for the next umpteen years!
Maybe I'll see you in the Daily Races.

johnny99

(Willow Springs & difficulty Hard)

This is stupid...

I tried a ton of different cars with different setups/tunes and all failed me (=15 seconds or more away from p3). Today I got desperate and reset car settings for the jaguar and mazda group c cars, set front downforce to the lowest and rear downforce to the highest possible values, slapped racing hards on them and set car height to lowest possible values.

Despite having multiple moments and getting off track I could get to p4 easily in lap 10 but always crashed in the last turn into the nissan penzoil (slowed all the group c cars down!) and finished race in p6 :D

Will try tomorrow again to see if get p3 or better :D

Edit: Of course power and output restricctor are used to get to 800 pp, no ballast/additional weight

Last edited:
(Willow Springs & difficulty Hard)

This is stupid...

I tried a ton of different cars with different setups/tunes and all failed me (=15 seconds or more away from p3). Today I got desperate and reset car settings for the jaguar and mazda group c cars, set front downforce to the lowest and rear downforce to the highest possible values, slapped racing hards on them and set car height to lowest possible values.

Despite having multiple moments and getting off track I could get to p4 easily in lap 10 but always crashed in the last turn into the nissan penzoil (slowed all the group c cars down!) and finished race in p6 :D

Edit: Of course power and output restricctor are used to get to 800 pp, no ballast/additional weight
When I did Willow (on hard) I don't know if I got lucky on that one or not but I used the Sauber and didn't have too much of a problem. I think I did it before the 1.27 upgrade so I don't know if that's a factor. Red Bull & Fuji were after the 1.27 update with the CLK and... well look at my prior posts.
Good luck!

Got p3 with the different japanese group c cars, despite having small moments going to wide in some turns :D
The c9 runs out of fuel in lap 10 when driving in fm1 with that setup, but can finish the race in p2 easily on fm2.

Latest Posts

Back