Netflix's Fastest CarTV 

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 17 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York

Each episode has a 3 "sleeper" cars and 1 supercar drag race each other and then the winner of each episode goes to have a drag race in the last episode.

I finished it yesterday.

Predictably, there are people you'd like to hang out with and others you'd rather punch in the face. Overlooking that, the last race is VERY anticlimactic as anyone with any sense will know who's going to win well before the race starts.

All in all, still an interesting watch to see what kind of hardware these crazy mothers are bolting together in their garages.

I finished watching it last night. I liked it and hated at the same time. The plot of the show is cool, 3 custom built sleepers and 1 supercar drag race each other. The choice of supercars is lame. And some of the "sleepers" in my opinion were not really sleepers. I wish they each episode had different locations they had 4 in California, 1 in Texas, 1 in NY/NJ/CT and 1 in Detroit.

All the supercar owners had a rags to riches story. The sleeper owners had a sob story / how they struggle by to build their car.
Each episode has the sleeper owners tweakin and tuning in their cars the week before the race and most have the same problems they can't get the car to run or its not running right. Which made the show seem scripted / staged. And almost all the sleeper owners were owners of a performance/speed shop. The sleepers owners kept saying their cars were so fast but watching some of them drag race their cars was slow.

It's like they hunted down 24 of the worst people in the car world.

And since were any of those cars (except the RX-3 and possibly the Odyssey) "sleepers"?

Last edited:
It's like they hunted down 24 of the worst people in the car world.
Really? They weren't that bad.
Personally I only felt one person was scum and a total d-bag. He wear a shirt with a picture of himself on it to the race.

Personally I only felt one person was scum and a total d-bag. He wear a shirt with a picture of himself on it to the race.
The Viper owner was certainly an epic thunder**** - with him it basically came down to "I was bullied by the jock douches in high school, so I became one". He incessantly slagged off "sleeper" cars as worthless.

But then what about the real-life Leo Getz in the chrome Aventador? What an absolute nozzle. "WINNING" on his plate, can't wear mandatory safety gear because of his jewellery he said he couldn't operate the launch control with gloves (wtf?). Or the Gilbert Gottfried-a-like in the van who, as soon as he got his helmet on became a colossal tool, effing and blinding at everyone because he cocked up his burnout, then did another one he wasn't allowed to do - which resulted in the albino "entrepreneur" bro in the McLaren, who actually said OUT LOUD in the clips "I don't thing being monogamous for me, particularly, is the right move, because I want the ability to go wherever I want, do whatever I want and date whoever I want. If I'm in a monogamous relationship I don't feel I could do that.", doing another 'burnout' (for no reason) and then the truck owner's engine blew.

And Gottfried and albinobro weren't even the worst people in that episode. That went to the truck owner who strongly implied he'd shoot Gottfried for his antics if they were street racing, then yelled "I don't give a 🤬 I'm repping Detroit" in his face. Then said they should both throw down and settle it in a race-off right that second, forgetting his engine had just blown. Literally only the laid back guy in the Grand National came out of that episode with any credibility.

And diesel bro. And yet, in the same episode as diesel bro, it was the wannabe Ed Begley Junior with the electric Datsun who was the unbelievable hyper**** - whapping on about how he's a pioneer and inspired Tesla, and moaning about petrol cars, and saying rotary is "like petrol tried to do electric" and bellyaching about dieselbro "causing more pollution than all the other cars here"... and then crashing into a gorgeous, factory stock (externally) RX-3 and writing it off. Or "I hope it's red and I hope it's a female" guy in the Impala.

I can think of about four people in the entire series (Huracan boy, who wasn't even driving his own car; Ferrari woman; Batgirl; Grand National man) who weren't constantly ****-talking their rivals, or sleepers (they're cheap beaters you can't pull girls with), or all supercar owners (they just bought it because they're rich/want a toy and don't really know anything about cars), or saying they always win, winning is what they do, losing's not an option, blah, blah, blah. Even the kid in the wheelchair - whose truck I really liked - was talking crap about the money thrown at that girl's truck, and the Huracan kid who was just happy to be there and had done four drag races ever. In fact the kid in the Huracan seemed genuinely interested in the other people's cars (as an automotive photographer, he would be), but because he was a kid in a Huracan they just wouldn't give him the time of day. Humility left at the door, no team spirit, no camaraderie.

It's a dreadful advertisement for drag culture - go to a drag meet in the UK and the teams respect each other and, if the car goes pop or they need a bit to get to the end of the track, they help each other out. Most of these assplanks just wanted to denigrate each other.

It's a dreadful advertisement for drag culture - go to a drag meet in the UK and the teams respect each other and, if the car goes pop or they need a bit to get to the end of the track, they help each other out. Most of these assplanks just wanted to denigrate each other.
The show was shoot in the US not UK. The trash talking and belittling is very common in drag racing in the US.I'm not saying that the people were good but they weren't the " worst people in the car world" they all seemed like your typical racer you find at the drag stripe or typical supercar owner.

The most important thing its a reality tv show. Its going to have drama and people being idiots. And cause is a tv show it could be scripted and staged to make something more entertaining or edited to charge perspective of an event in the show.

The show made it as both "sleeper" and supercar owners were narrow minded. All "sleeper" owners had a minded set that supercar owners were rich a-holes who brought their cars and don't know how to drive them. And their "sleeper" car ( they kept calling thier cars sleepers, it made the word cliche. It made seem they were forced them to use the word) were better/faster then any supercar cause their cars were "built not bought". The supercar owners had mindset that cause their cars were expensive, it was fast and no ******* sleeper could be fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
The show was shoot in the US not UK.
Yeah, I got that from watching it. There were subtle clues.
The trash talking and belittling is very common in drag racing in the US.I'm not saying that the people were good but they weren't the " worst people in the car world" they all seemed like your typical racer you find at the drag stripe or typical supercar owner.

The most important thing its a reality tv show. Its going to have drama and people being idiots. And cause is a tv show it could be scripted and staged to make something more entertaining or edited to charge perspective of an event in the show.

The show made it as both "sleeper" and supercar owners were narrow minded. All "sleeper" owners had a minded set that supercar owners were rich a-holes who brought their cars and don't know how to drive them. And their "sleeper" car ( they kept calling thier cars sleepers, it made the word cliche. It made seem they were forced them to use the word) were better/faster then any supercar cause their cars were "built not bought". The supercar owners had mindset that cause their cars were expensive, it was fast and no ******* sleeper could be fast.
And literally all of this is an explanation of why they all came across as absolutely horrible people - which was rather the point I made - rather than a rebuttal that they were "not that bad".

If it's the culture of organised drag racing in the USA to ****talk and insult each other then that's the culture. I seriously doubt it - UK drag racing culture centres on US cars and borrows heavily from it, and besides that you had Fabian Arroyo in the Oldsmobile Cutlass talking about Big Willie Johnson and Brotherhood Raceway, a venue intended to get young black men in LA away from gang violence and into drag racing while imbuing a spirit of... brotherhood - but even if somehow all of that's wrong, that would be a reason why these people come across as arseholes and not a rebuttal of my statement that they come across as arseholes.

Yes, it's the nature of "reality" TV shows to edit things to make them look more dramatic, or tense, or add an undercurrent of tension, but the fact is that no amount of editing can make you look like you said something horrible if you don't say horrible things.

Most of the people on the show said mean, spiteful, arrogant, callous, demeaning, sexist and straight up stupid things, commonly about the other people in the show. And we're not talking trash-talk - there was one instance of trash-talk in the entire series, where one of the "sleeper" owners said to Leo Getz "After the race will you have to change your license plate to "LOSING"?" - we're talking straight up douchebaggery. Like the monogamy comment, like the "I hope it's a female", like the guy who rolled the (broken) Supra off the trailer and the Buick asshat assumed he was trying psychological trickery by not starting it and called him a "****ing asshole" for it, like the guy who said he'd shoot the other guy, like the other guy abusing the officials because he couldn't do a burnout properly, like the Viper owner and everything he said and did, or Leo Getz and his refusal to wear mandatory safety gear and then nearly running over the official and showing zero contrition for it...

As I said, the show plays:

like they hunted down 24 of the worst people in the car world
... although four of them actually came across well - and it's:
a dreadful advertisement for drag culture
... if it's all like that.

Last edited:
If it's the culture of organised drag racing in the USA to ****talk and insult each other then that's the culture. I seriously doubt it -
Have you ever been to amateur drag race at a track or a street drag race in the US? I have. And people trash talk their opponent about their car and about the person. The people get into arguments about the race which can lead to fights in which someone gets hurt or killed.

Fabian Arroyo in the Oldsmobile Cutlass talking about Big Willie Johnson and Brotherhood Raceway, a venue intended to get young black men in LA away from gang violence and into drag racing while imbuing a spirit of... brotherhood
His name was Robinson not Johnson ;)
What does getting young men away from gangs/gang violences have to do with trash talking your opponent? Fabian says that people trash talk his car and then they race.

one of the "sleeper" owners said to Leo Getz "After the race will you have to change your license plate to "LOSING"?" - we're talking straight up douchebaggery
Are you kidding me? :confused: It was a joke.

I'm confused how does one saying that thier car is fast and can beat other cars in a drag race make them a bad person, cause that is the main reason you are saying the worst people? Behind the camera the producer is asking the questions about their life and car. They ask them how their car will do against the sleepers or supercar, how do they answer that without sounding like a-hole in option?

Edit: if the show was shot in a different country the way the people acted would have been different.
You are making a minuscule comment seem like its worst thing the person could say. Like the Impala guy saying the Ferrari driver was a woman, you make it seem as he said that she was a 🤬🤬🤬.

Last edited:
Have you ever been to amateur drag race at a track or a street drag race in the US? I have. And people trash talk their opponent about their car and about the person. The people get into arguments about the race which can lead to fights in which someone gets hurt or killed.
Then US amateur drag racing has a serious problem.

Not that I believe it's like that, given the example of Brotherhood Raceway and how much the UK's drag culture borrows from the USA's (even including the cars) - but then as I already said, even if it is, it's:

a dreadful advertisement for drag culture
His name was Robinson not Johnson ;)
What does getting young men away from gangs/gang violences have to do with trash talking your opponent? Fabian says that people trash talk his car and then they race.
You missed the whole "brotherhood" thing then. What's brotherly about "fights in which someone gets hurt or killed"?

Literally the point of it was to stop "fights in which someone gets hurt or killed", and channel the energy into building, tuning, modifying and racing cars instead. If drag culture was just another way of engaging in "fights in which someone gets hurt or killed", it wouldn't be a very successful way of stopping them.

Are you kidding me? :confused: It was a joke.
Yes, it was actual trash talk. That's why I said, before it, in the bit you ignored and cut out of the post:
And we're not talking trash-talk - there was one instance of trash-talk in the entire series, where
It was a funny put-down that made everyone, including the target, laugh. Trash-talk.

It wasn't overt threats of violence, it wasn't sexism, it wasn't straight up abuse for the sake of abuse. It wasn't saying someone would get shot, it wasn't calling someone a 🤬 asshole for not starting their engine, it was trash-talk.

I'm confused how does one saying that thier car is fast and can beat other cars in a drag race make them a bad person, cause that is the main reason you are saying the worst people?
Nope. I've been over this.
The Viper owner was certainly an epic thunder**** - with him it basically came down to "I was bullied by the jock douches in high school, so I became one". He incessantly slagged off "sleeper" cars as worthless.

But then what about the real-life Leo Getz in the chrome Aventador? What an absolute nozzle. "WINNING" on his plate, can't wear mandatory safety gear because of his jewellery he said he couldn't operate the launch control with gloves (wtf?). Or the Gilbert Gottfried-a-like in the van who, as soon as he got his helmet on became a colossal tool, effing and blinding at everyone because he cocked up his burnout, then did another one he wasn't allowed to do - which resulted in the albino "entrepreneur" bro in the McLaren, who actually said OUT LOUD in the clips "I don't think being monogamous for me, particularly, is the right move, because I want the ability to go wherever I want, do whatever I want and date whoever I want. If I'm in a monogamous relationship I don't feel I could do that.", doing another 'burnout' (for no reason) and then the truck owner's engine blew.

And Gottfried and albinobro weren't even the worst people in that episode. That went to the truck owner who strongly implied he'd shoot Gottfried for his antics if they were street racing, then yelled "I don't give a 🤬 I'm repping Detroit" in his face. Then said they should both throw down and settle it in a race-off right that second, forgetting his engine had just blown. Literally only the laid back guy in the Grand National came out of that episode with any credibility.

And diesel bro. And yet, in the same episode as diesel bro, it was the wannabe Ed Begley Junior with the electric Datsun who was the unbelievable hyper**** - whapping on about how he's a pioneer and inspired Tesla, and moaning about petrol cars, and saying rotary is "like petrol tried to do electric" and bellyaching about dieselbro "causing more pollution than all the other cars here"... and then crashing into a gorgeous, factory stock (externally) RX-3 and writing it off. Or "I hope it's red and I hope it's a female" guy in the Impala.

I can think of about four people in the entire series (Huracan boy, who wasn't even driving his own car; Ferrari woman; Batgirl; Grand National man) who weren't constantly ****-talking their rivals, or sleepers (they're cheap beaters you can't pull girls with), or all supercar owners (they just bought it because they're rich/want a toy and don't really know anything about cars), or saying they always win, winning is what they do, losing's not an option, blah, blah, blah. Even the kid in the wheelchair - whose truck I really liked - was talking crap about the money thrown at that girl's truck, and the Huracan kid who was just happy to be there and had done four drag races ever. In fact the kid in the Huracan seemed genuinely interested in the other people's cars (as an automotive photographer, he would be), but because he was a kid in a Huracan they just wouldn't give him the time of day. Humility left at the door, no team spirit, no camaraderie.
we're talking straight up douchebaggery. Like the monogamy comment, like the "I hope it's a female", like the guy who rolled the (broken) Supra off the trailer and the Buick asshat assumed he was trying psychological trickery by not starting it and called him a "****ing asshole" for it, like the guy who said he'd shoot the other guy, like the other guy abusing the officials because he couldn't do a burnout properly, like the Viper owner and everything he said and did, or Leo Getz and his refusal to wear mandatory safety gear and then nearly running over the official and showing zero contrition for it...
See anything about anyone saying their car is fast and can beat others in there? I don't.
Behind the camera the producer is asking the questions about their life and car. They ask them how their car will do against the sleepers or supercar, how do they answer that without sounding like a-hole in option?
Really?

If someone sat you down before a four-way drag race to talk about your car and if you think you'll win, you couldn't think of a way to do it without insulting someone else or sounding like an arrogant arse? Really?

They were (80%) awful people. If they're representative of US drag racing culture, then the show was a terrible advertisement for US drag racing culture for showing it how it really is. If they're not, then the show was a terrible advertisement for US drag racing culture for showing us those 24 people as if they were representative of US drag racing culture.

Last edited:
I can't believe what a horrible group they put together. A really bad image of how people can be trashy at both ends of the socio-economic spectrum.

Watching the faces on some of the losers was fun.

Not that I believe it's like that
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/03/03/yonkers-baseball-player-shooting-suspects-in-court/

given the example of Brotherhood Raceway and how much the UK's drag culture borrows from the USA's
Not all US drag racers fellow the Brotherhood of Street racing rules

You missed the whole "brotherhood" thing then. What's brotherly about "fights in which someone gets hurt or killed"?
Again not everyone in the US drag racing fellows the Brotherhood
And I didn't say every argument turns into a fight or trash talking turns into a argument.

bit you ignored
Same as you do. I said people argue at US drag race and it can lead to a fight and you ignore the word can and talk about UK drag racing and the Brotherhood racing.

Or before when I said a reality tv show and it could scripted, staged or edited and you ignored part about it being scipted or staged and said it couldn't be edited to make them say something they didn't say or do.

What? You said you didn't like people cause they were **** talking their opponents
I can think of about four people in the entire series (Huracan boy, who wasn't even driving his own car; Ferrari woman; Batgirl; Grand National man) who weren't constantly ****-talking their rivals, or sleepers (they're cheap beaters you can't pull girls with), or all supercar owners (they just bought it because they're rich/want a toy and don't really know anything about cars), or saying they always win, winning is what they do, losing's not an option, blah, blah, blah.

From my previous post I edited it in just as posted.
Edit: if the show was shot in a different country the way the people acted would have been different.
You are making a minuscule comment seem like its worst thing the person could say. Like the Impala guy saying the Ferrari driver was a woman, you make it seem as he said that she was a 🤬🤬🤬.

I agree with you some of the people were bad but they weren't the worst.
The van guy messing up his 1st burn out and put water down at the start, he made a mistake and is idiot for put water down in the wrong spot and doing 2nd burnout how does this make him a bad person?
The Lambo guy for jumping and not wearing gloves, his in idiot for not wearing gloves and he apologized to the guy for jumping and almost running him over how does that make a bad person?
The GMC guy for arguing cause his truck broken down when waiting, I said arguments in US drag racing how does this make bad person?
The guy with electric Datsun, the comment his car inspired Tesla was stuipd. He made a comment about diesel truck polluting he's an environmentalist so that makes him a bad person?
Then you say guy in rat rod Dodge truck is a bad cause he said the girl in the truck was rich but then batgirl is good the first words out of her mouth was money. She said her car was better cause it was worth alot of money, her car was worth more money then the houses of the sleeper owners and then she won the race if she could crush the sleeper car.
You say one person an a-hole for doing/saying something and other person is not.

Oh, hey, a fight in which someone got killed broke out in New York in 2016 after an illegal drag race. That must be US drag racing culture.

I guess killing children must be US gun culture. Oh wait, no, that's moronic.

Not all US drag racers fellow the Brotherhood of Street racing rules
Pity, as that seems to be the basis of UK drag culture too. Race, have fun, help each other out, get better.

But you're missing the point rather wildly that if the show actually is how US drag racers behave, it's a terrible advert for US drag racing. And if it isn't, it's a terrible advert for US drag racing.

Same as you do.
You literally cut out an inconvenient chunk of my post where I said that the one example of actual trash-talking was the bit about the LOSING plate and pretended I hadn't said that so you could act like I hadn't and say I obviously didn't get the joke - despite pointing it out as a joke in the bit of text you cut out... I've responded fully to your posts and you're now pretending I haven't.
I said people argue at US drag race and it can lead to a fight and you ignore the word can and talk about UK drag racing and the Brotherhood racing.
Not really. I pointed out that the Brotherhood is very similar to my experiences of UK drag racing culture, and I find it remarkable that you'd suggest US drag culture is more about nasty douchebaggery, given that the Brotherhood - which isn't - is part of US drag culture.
Or before when I said a reality tv show and it could scripted, staged or edited and you ignored part about it being scipted or staged and said it couldn't be edited to make them say something they didn't say or do.
Not really. I pointed out that you can't be made to look like a hoop if you don't act like one:
Yes, it's the nature of "reality" TV shows to edit things to make them look more dramatic, or tense, or add an undercurrent of tension, but the fact is that no amount of editing can make you look like you said something horrible if you don't say horrible things.
If it's staged, it's not reality. If it's scripted, it's not reality. If it's edited, it's reality from a certain point of view and a chronological ignorance.

But if the reality TV show script calls for you to say an asshole thing and you say it, you're an asshole. And if you say an assholey thing they can edit to make you look like an asshole, you're an asshole. If you don't, they can't. No amount of editing can make you look like you said something horrible if you don't say horrible things.

What? You said you didn't like people cause they were **** talking their opponents
Which is a completely different concept from "saying that thier car is fast and can beat other cars in a drag race" (sic).

And I didn't even say that. I said that they were awful people because they were saying and doing awful things, and behaving awfully to each other.

The van guy messing up his 1st burn out and put water down at the start, he made a mistake and is idiot for put water down in the wrong spot and doing 2nd burnout how does this make him a bad person?
You saw the bit in-between the two burnouts, right? When he started literally screaming at his buddy with the bucket, the officials and yelling "THIS IS :censored:ING BULL 🤬!". He messed up, suddenly it's everyone's fault but his.

Then he does the second burnout. Then albinobro does his. Then the Detroit kid's engine pops because it's been sat there getting hot while other people dick around, with no thought for anyone else's cars (and the money that's gone into them). Detroit (well, "down river Detroit") kid's anger at the situation is understandable, although he took it way too far.

The Lambo guy for jumping and not wearing gloves, his in idiot for not wearing gloves and he apologized to the guy for jumping and almost running him over how does that make a bad person?
Well... he did apologise when he said "Did I almost mow you down? I'm sorry.", but the fact that he launched his car with a human being in front of him is what - in that specific instance - makes him an asshole. Rule one of any racing is "Listen to what the officials tell you", and if the driver briefing didn't include "By the way, if I'm in front of you please don't drive at me" I'd be very surprised.

You can't have a human on a live race track and it doesn't matter whether you'll lose the race as a result of not driving at them.

Mind you, just about every mannerism from him was annoying - stereotyped greasy lawyer much.

The GMC guy for arguing cause his truck broken down when waiting, I said arguments in US drag racing how does this make bad person?
You know the bit where he brought guns into a disagreement? That.
The guy with electric Datsun, the comment his car inspired Tesla was stuipd. He made a comment about diesel truck polluting he's an environmentalist so that makes him a bad person?
Not in isolation. Together with the comments about inspiring Tesla, being a pioneer, how rotary is petrol's attempt to copy electric, the smug snidey manner in which he said all of these things ("Ugh, that represents everything I hate in vehicles that pollute too much"), and then the bit where he crashed twice into the RX-2 (as Abel said, "He's been racing that car for a long time, he should have known. It happened for someone being irresponsible.") and in the immediate aftermath deflected onto anything and everything. He got out of the car and threw his hands up in the universal "What was that?" gesture.

He even said to his buddy (who was supposing a broken axle) "Yeah, we hit twice" and Abel said, quite reasonably "No, you hit twice".

Then you say guy in rat rod Dodge truck is a bad cause he said the girl in the truck was rich
Nope. I said that he was talking crap about how much money was thrown at the truck ("Hey, it's Maloof. It's Hot Rod Hannah. You know those people? Super rich. Let the ****-talking begin") AND because of how they all treated the Huracan driver. Not that the Huracan driver should even have been there - it's not his car.

It's a pity, as the Lunchmoney owner was easily the smartest of the 24 drivers - his knowledge of his own car and also all the others, and how he planned accordingly was impressive. Though his girlfriend seemed awful pissed at him when he didn't win the final race because he mis-shifted... and also because the Huracan was always going to win, as anyone could tell.

but then batgirl is good the first words out of her mouth was money.
The first words she said in the episode were "There's no other car like this car. I mean, the performance is unbelievable.". The first words of her to-camera interview were "Lamborghini was always on my bucket list. I remember having a poster I think it was a Countach - the white one that most car people had in their room - and I put it on the refrigerator as a goal, like 'This is what I want to get'."

She did then say "I got into commercial real estate and started making a lot of money - who doesn't like money - and then eventually I got it.", but that's hardly unreasonable.

She said her car was better cause it was worth alot of money, her car was worth more money then the houses of the sleeper owners and then she won the race if she could crush the sleeper car.
She didn't say her car was better because it was worth a lot of money. She did say "it makes me pretty nervous because I'm pretty sure my car is worth more than their house", but that's hardly unreasonable either (especially for a realtor). It's worth more than mine.

And the bit about crushing the sleeper car? That was "Do we get, like, an award if the supercar wins? You get, like, a supercar on top of a sleeper car, crushing it. No, I'm kidding.". So not actually crushing a sleeper car (unless one habitually uses supercars as devices for crushing other vehicles), just a trophy that looks like that... And she was joking.

She later went on to talk about how she uses the car and the Batgirl persona to help brighten the lives of children with cancer and has painted (some very creepy) portraits of children she's met who've subsequently died onto her car. The bitch.

You say one person an a-hole for doing/saying something and other person is not.
Not really. Aside from the fact that ****-talking someone else because they have money is a very, very different thing from saying you made a lot of money and bought an expensive car you always wanted, they're almost all assholes.

Last edited:

Granted I've only been to Brainerd here in Minnesota, but I've never seen anything more than friendly ribbing during drag nights (in fact, starting crap will likely get you banned). What you're saying seems to say more about the area than the actual activity.

Granted I've only been to Brainerd here in Minnesota, but I've never seen anything more than friendly ribbing during drag nights (in fact, starting crap will likely get you banned). What you're saying seems to say more about the area than the actual activity.
Of the few that I've been to with my brother, there was little interaction in general. People just lined up against whatever was next to them, and took off. Outside of that, its just a bunch of people doing something in common, so while there are jabs like you said, nothing is overly serious.

I've even been to a few less "legal" area's that are relatively friendly as well. Hell, there was a guy in a CRX that just wanted to race everyone for fun, just to pass some time, even though his car was basically stock :lol:. Don't recall anyone getting killed or outright rumbles, though.

I hated the show, but still watched the entire thing because nearly every sleeper owner was exactly how I'd imagined them to be. The supercar owners though were way different than I expected. The chick in the Ferrari was pretty cool since she actually raced cars at a semi-professional level. Also, the Batgirl looked like she was really in it for the kids. The lawyer dude was...well I don't know, but he was unique.

The Detroit episode was also the most Detroit thing I've seen on TV in a while, especially with the kid in the S-10. He kept going on and on about he was "reppin Detroit", but he's actually from Jackson, MI which is about 80 miles from Detroit and nothing like the city at all. The whole episode was trashy and the entire time I was like "yup, that's racing culture in Michigan".

Oh, hey, a fight in which someone got killed broke out in New York in 2016 after an illegal drag race. That must be US drag racing culture.

I guess killing children must be US gun culture. Oh wait, no, that's moronic.
I trying to show you it happens. What do you think the guy in the GMC meant by street racing and getting shot?

my experiences of UK drag racing
Someone else experiences in UK drag racing could be different and if the show was shot in the UK it could be different then what you experienced in drag racing

If it's staged, it's not reality. If it's scripted, it's not reality. If it's edited, it's reality from a certain point of view and a chronological ignorance.
Welcome to the world of reality tv, some of it is fake and some of it is edited to change the point of way of a situation.
When the guy did a 2nd burnout if the official was mad and the guy broke the rules, so why didn't they disqualify him before the race started? why cause its staged.
Even when some of the people are say things the scene is cut and its not showing the whole situation and some of the things could be taken out of context.

You are acting as if in UK drag racing no one **** talks, no one is a idiot, no one makes mistakes, no one gets in to an accident and everyone is friendly.

The whole episode was trashy and the entire time I was like "yup, that's racing culture in Michigan".
@Famine
This what I been saying the show was bad and its just your typical US drag racing culture.
But you are saying they are bad and worst people in drag racing scene cause they weren't like the people in your experience in UK drag racing.
They can't be the worst if they are typical people. Yes US drag racing is **** when conpared to what you are saying UK drag racing is like.

Last edited:
This what I been saying the show was bad and its just your typical US drag racing culture.
But you charged it to they are bad and worst people in drag racing scene cause they weren't like the people in your experience in UK drag racing.
But you're missing the point rather wildly that if the show actually is how US drag racers behave, it's a terrible advert for US drag racing. And if it isn't, it's a terrible advert for US drag racing.
And, either way, it seems that you're not getting much support for your notion that this is normal US drag racing culture...
You are acting as if in UK drag racing no one **** talks, no one is a idiot, no one makes mistakes and no one gets in to an accident.
I wouldn't say "no-one", but I've never seen any bitterness, spite or bad blood. I've seen rivals lend each other parts and an actual helping hand to get both cars on the strip. The competition is friendly and lasts for however long it takes to get 1,320ft away. That's probably because in drag racing your only opponents are your car and the stopwatch - you're not dicing for track position with anyone and you're not affected by anything the other driver does. Unless they lose control and hit you.

It seems that anyone who doesn't buy into the friendly nature of the competition doesn't exactly last long...

Back