New 460 mb GT4 Movie!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nemo2
  • 62 comments
  • 3,576 views
CAMAROBOY69
I Guess im not the only one that cant view this. Took about 20 min to DL then didnt even work. :yuck:

Yeah - it did that for me. But it took 14 minutes for me.
 
You need Quicktime and the correct codecs...

If you goto the Download page for the video from GTPlanet it tells you what you need... I'm currently installing the necessary components...

C.
 
You can un-install iTunes without corrupting your QuickTime Player. It's not that bad of a audio player, it's also a very good burner.

To un-install iTunes!

Start>Control Panel> Add Or Remove Programs>Find iTunes> Press Remove. 👍

That's all.
 
sUn
You can un-install iTunes without corrupting your QuickTime Player. It's not that bad of a audio player, it's also a very good burner.

To un-install iTunes!

Start>Control Panel> Add Or Remove Programs>Find iTunes> Press Remove. 👍

That's all.

Well - well - well..

I don't even want to install it... I just want quicktime..
 
To play the 460mb video you need QuickTime.
 
i understand the nurburgring is a big track and the file is 460mb, but with modern-day computers, it shouldnt take hours to download. with broadband, it should take minutes.
 
nitro_2003
i understand the nurburgring is a big track and the file is 460mb, but with modern-day computers, it shouldnt take hours to download. with broadband, it should take minutes.


Its a bandwidth issue nitro, 460mb will still take about 70mins on a 100kBs connection, but if everyone is downloading at the same time you only get a slice of that bandwidth. Its a popular video! :)

Edit: ...plus GT Planets servers are doing alot more than providing downloads, PHP is a server side scripting language, and the poor things are probably working flat out :crazy:
 
Greetings,

This is my first posts here. Arwin referred me. He said Ama212's video was here.
I've registered and found the video.
But everytime I try to start the download I get this message.

This file is only available to registered GTPlanet Members.

Not a member? Click here to register for your free account!
Already a member? Click here to sign in to your account.
 
PM Jordan who will give you a direct link to the file, or just keep trying the link, it worked for me!!

edit: I just tried and it worked clicking the link and also "save target as". Just keep trying !! 👍
 
Tried a few variation. Nothing has worked so far.

Right click, "Save target as..."
Select location to save shows file name as "Index.htm"
Saving then opening that file no matter where it is saved,
results in the same message and ending as before.
Except this time instead if being on yoursite, it's an HTML page file on my pc.

I'd rather use a bittorrent that sap away Jordan's bandwidth.
So please leave any suggestion you may have.
To be continued later tonight...

Thank you and see ya later.

Google pop up blocker is off.
Zone Alarm is at defaults and two other torrents are running just fine.
My connection is Cox Cable 1500kb down / 128kb up on an SB5100 modem.
 
It is available on bit torrent. See the first four posts of the thread. :dunce:
 
Does anyone else find it annoying when people create topics with titles in which they make it appear that they have some sort of breaking new info when in fact they have a question and only use the title for the sake of getting everyones attention?
 
And sorry for all the confusion, I found the original thread(which i actually read) but i just didnt get to that later page. So this is more to bring the video to peoples attention who dont read every response...
 
yeti
You need Quicktime and the correct codecs...

If you goto the Download page for the video from GTPlanet it tells you what you need... I'm currently installing the necessary components...

C.

Further to this I installed Quicktime and watched the video... and it was quite jumpy for me... however I then downloaded and installed the 3ivx codec package and that sorted the jumpiness out for me and the video runs like a dream...

Soon we will all be racing round the NS... and hopefully not in a crappy little BMW!!

C.
 
BMW's are decent cars. But I will enjoy taking a lap around the track in the R390.
 
Grateful to Amar for the video 👍 , but unfortunately not everyone has there ability to play the MPEG -4 Clip of the Nurburgring or access to a broadband connection, I downloaded it, took a whole 2 hours to do so. :ouch:

When I did I tried to compress it, it compressed to about 166MB File size Total, but the clip could not have any sound?

I was trying to make universally playable.

I might try again today to see if it works.
 
Well im downloading it at the mo @ around 57-60 kb/s, thanks to the links that Nemo provided (thanks again Nemo 👍 ), but you were all jumping on him for posting something that had already been said, but if all had looked past this fact then you would have seen that Nemo had put up a cracking link so we all can get the video. :)
 
...This thread just managed to neatly summarise most of the problems I've ever encountered on GTP... Unbelievable.
 
sprite
but you were all jumping on him for posting something that had already been said, but if all had looked past this fact then you would have seen that Nemo had put up a cracking link so we all can get the video. :)

Well sorry Nemo! But the thread title was NEW video, and you got me all excited, so when I saw it was the old Nurburgring one I was :crazy:

It was also amar who created the video and the link could have been added to his thread...plagiarism is common place on the Web. The vid was exclusive to GT Planet at one point.
A link to the vid has been on the Home page of GT Planet for a week, but I didn't realise that Jordan's servers were being so overwhelmed.

Still...the new link you provided belongs in amars thread, so I sympathise with you on that one Eagle
 
Well i downloaded it last week, took just over an hour, not a problem i have had much worse download times for smaller files. But the prob is i know we get best idea of it in dvd res, but my pc is just waaaaay too slow to play it, well it plays it but the vid runs slow to the sound which is very annoying. I searched for a suitable converter but once converted the sound was all mucked up so i just watched the vid with mucked up sound, lol.

Excellent vid btw mate, no complaints here, although there are complaints about my damn pc.
 
awesome video, that lil thing sounds like its gonna die going up that hill straight lol
 
Since I have a slow connection it will take too much time and a lot of patience to go through that, but hopefully whatever is on there must be definitely worthwhile, at least I hope so. ^^
 
Back