New Audi RS 5 Commercial Uses GT Countdown Sounds

Me: I bet this is a gt sport ad

10 yr old son: I bet it's an Audi ad

Someone had clearly seen it before Had me though

Nice find.

However, am I the only one that's really bothered about how a (advertised) V6 turbo engined vehicle has V8 samples playing over it?

In a movie, i'd let it go because they don't know, or care. But in a manufacturer's ad.... I find that both laughable and sad...

Nice find.

However, am I the only one that's really bothered about how a (advertised) V6 turbo engined vehicle has V8 samples playing over it?

Perhaps they used GT sound samples and edited it with a little more sound effects and it ended up sounding like a V8? :sly:

Do not mind me it is just a joke! GT samples does not come close to these sound (well atleast not since GT6).

....Well, it sounds like.... nothing much, actually. Sure, it's a nice, iconic count down sound effect but really, why do I get the feeling that the Audi ad people just used whatever sound sample they could find online? And didn't even bother to check whether it was trademarked or not. Because, surprisingly enough, something like this happens a lot.

Tbh that is not Audi's best effort making a commercial. And that GT sound effect yes it is kind of surprising, but the countdown a little bit too much. If GT going like "3, 2, 1, START" then in this advert they started from 4, 3, 2, 1 and then light come green. Listen again when cars lined up and prepare to race then you get my point. And I'm not hoping too much the car will included in GTS, there are other car that is more interesting and relevant to the game I guess.

As for their best advert this have to be the rather awkward but awesome to watch imo :

Then this if you want some pure V10 sound, no music, no driving around just pure engine sound going loud :

I remember the official GT Twitter posting a picture of a 2011 Audi R18 during Le Mans weekend. That, and this commercial must mean we could be seeing the next Vision Gran Turismo soon. Which could also mean Audi's Vision Gran Turismo could just be some crazy over the top LMP1-H. My guess the name of that vehicle could be called TK9 or W13 or something. Now i'm looking way too far and way too deep lol

Zero to 60 mph‎: ‎3.9 sec‎
TRANSMISSION‎: ‎8-speed automatic with manual shifting mode‎
Power‎: ‎450 hp @ 6700 rpm‎
Top speed‎: ‎155-174 mph‎ 8 gears that is not enough at least 9 or 10 gears

Last edited:
Tbh that is not Audi's best effort making a commercial. And that GT sound effect yes it is kind of surprising, but the countdown a little bit too much. If GT going like "3, 2, 1, START" then in this advert they started from 4, 3, 2, 1 and then light come green. Listen again when cars lined up and prepare to race then you get my point. And I'm not hoping too much the car will included in GTS, there are other car that is more interesting and relevant to the game I guess.

As for their best advert this have to be the rather awkward but awesome to watch imo :

Then this if you want some pure V10 sound, no music, no driving around just pure engine sound going loud :

Did I just witness an R8 give birth,literally, to an RS3? OK Audi, ok...

Did I just witness an R8 give birth,literally, to an RS3? OK Audi, ok...

Yeah, I know it is a bit weird, but pretty cool nonetheless. Instead the ad makes car feels somehow "alive" that's why I quite like it. The RS5 however even with car going zig zag looks rather boring to me.

Back