New b-spec event.

• Thread starter jacksmith
  • 100 comments
Used a Mitsubishi 3000GT SL '96 for 400PP.
Used an Alfa 8C for 500PP.
650PP, I tried a GT-R Concept LM, and came close, but never got past the GT once I caught up and as my Bob came back to him again he hit the wall at the last turn, lap 9 and that was it. Will be trying that again at some point, races on Cote d'Azur are hell for B-Speccers...

The McLaren F1 had a real problem in the very last corner, hit it 3 of 10 laps. That's when I decided to go with the Furai...

I wish B Spec was more exciting. :(

I sent Bob (Level 40) out in a 2J with the gears set at 350kph for the top speed. He hit the fence just before the finish line on lap 1 and fell back to 12th. He hit the fence out of the tunnel on lap 3 going for 2nd position and fell to 8th. He hit a car that had hit the same fence and drove through him into 2nd position on the very next lap. He then slammed the leader in a radical pass going into 1st on lap 5. then Bob happily drove off into the sun set for an easy win.

BOB slammed the wall right after the tunnel everytime there is a car in front of him in an attempt to pass. :ouch:

B-SPEC BOB!!! Y U NO NOT OVERTAKE?!! :banghead:

BOB slammed the wall right after the tunnel everytime there is a car in front of him in an attempt to pass. :ouch:

B-SPEC BOB!!! Y U NO NOT OVERTAKE?!! :banghead:

Pace him down when coming to this section. I do this and never have a problem with hitting that wall.

GTHO
What is the story with that corner out of the tunnel? It's like a magnet! Tried heaps of different de-tuned LM monsters, nothing.

I've noticed that if there is a tandem of cars coming out if the tunnel, the car in the back will try to make a last-second pass on the inside and slam into the wall. It happened to my driver several times.

I've noticed that if there is a tandem of cars coming out if the tunnel, the car in the back will try to make a last-second pass on the inside and slam into the wall. It happened to my driver several times.

Like I said 15 min. ago, pace down when going through the tunnel. You pace back up after you get through that section.

you only need 3 or 4 laps to get 1st..and thats it..chaparral 2j..
but to be honest...iam dispointed with "no evolution" in the game
Forza its nice..but is boring after a few gameplays..so GT5 ..please invest your precious time on the game!!

KB18FAN
Like I said 15 min. ago, pace down when going through the tunnel. You pace back up after you get through that section.

I've tried pacing down in the turn before the tunnel, as well as at the right-hand bend before coming out of the tunnel. My driver still wants to try the pass if he's within 0.5 seconds of the car in front.

All finished first run:

Kusabi Concept for 400pp
Lamborghini Countach Special Edition for 500pp
Chapparel 2J for 650pp

Just set Bob going and easy wins .. no intervention required :)

Also, for the 650pp race Bob crashed on the first lap coming out of the tunnel trying to undertake, however after wasting some time reversing and carrying on, still managed to win with plenty of time in hand.

Last edited:
400pp - Honda S2000
500pp - Lotus Elise 111R
650pp - Mazda Furai

All events won on the first attempt in those cars.

However I had a few failed attempts at the 650pp event because of the wall bashing issue upon exiting the tunnel when my Bob was behind another car trying to overtake!! My usual 650pp car, the 2J seemed particularly susceptible to that problem crashing nearly every lap!! The McLaren F1 faired better, but still caught the wall a couple of times. Finally I turned to the Furai, and it was a cakewalk!! Bob stormed into the lead on lap 4 and cruised to an easy victory with no wall bashing whatsoever!! :)

B-Spec driver level 38
400pp - FT-86 - 1st try success 1st place
500pp - GTR Black Edition '12 -1st try success, 1st place
650pp - Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car - 1st try fail 2nd place -2nd try success, 1st place(Passed on 10th lap before the tunnel)

My Bobs are so stupid. I have tried numberous 650PP cars, different levels of cool headed drivers, pacing down before the tunnel and the idiots keep running into walls. What a stupid B-Spec event. I give up. Don't need the credits or the level ticket that badly.

Still, just the dumbest event ever. GT5 is over. They truly sent in the B-team of programmers this month.

Last edited:
Whoever put B-spec on Cote d'Azur should be shot through the head several times. It's bad enough that my bob keeps slamming into those two bad corner walls, but the fact that the pole position bob DOESN'T really gets under my skin...

Going to try the Furai...

After 3 tries, the Furai came through. The hardest part is trying to pass the Ford GT. It's nearly impossible to find (and time) the proper opening.

Last edited:
My level 24 bob got the lead in lap 4 in the furai (with praino's tune). Won by an enormous margin first try.

Whoever put B-spec on Cote d'Azur should be shot through the head several times. It's bad enough that my bob keeps slamming into those two bad corner walls, but the fact that the pole position bob DOESN'T really gets under my skin...

Going to try the Furai...

After 3 tries, the Furai came through. The hardest part is trying to pass the Ford GT. It's nearly impossible to find (and time) the proper opening.

Would you say it made you Furai-ous?:rolleyes:

Here is how I cracked the 650PP event

1) Make sure the field do not have the regular dominant cars other than your own car (ie F1 GTR, Zonda LM, GT LM's, and I am the only one using an F1 GTR)

2) Maintain the "maintain pace" command all the way so as the bob won't overcook himself.

I used a Mazda Atenza (premium) for 400pp, a moderately tuned Honda NSX Type R for 500pp, and a Pagani Zonda R for 650pp. Three wins in a row. Somehow I managed to get bobs that aren't bad drivers.

mattmflok
Here is how I cracked the 650PP event

1) Make sure the field do not have the regular dominant cars other than your own car (ie F1 GTR, Zonda LM, GT LM's, and I am the only one using an F1 GTR)

2) Maintain the "maintain pace" command all the way so as the bob won't overcook himself.

I found it was the opposite in my case, used the BMW McLaren & a hot headed bob..pressed the 'increase pace' button & then maintain. Took lead half way through then on to win.

B-spec at Cote d'Azur 650PP. Do PD have a clue about their own AI at all? :dunce:

Stupid fricken 650 pp event!!!!!!! I am going to fire all six of my Bobs right now.

lol, chill Hami. I really did lol when I read this. I can just picture you sitting there, all disgusted, wondering what else you could do to get your bobs to win.

Stupid Bob's is an understatement. Tried 4 different 650pp cars and I think all my Bob's accept 1 which is only level 25 and was on the down arrow. All compbinations hit the wall after the tunnel and the little hook just before the start finish line if they try to pass at those spots. they also smack that concrete wall on the shoreline, 2 or three corners after the first impact zone after the tunnel. Tried pacing them down for these sections and they still will attempt to pass if they so desire and "smack". Also seems to be the only place they like to try to pass anyone. hitting the overtake button almost anywhere else and they just seem to play follow the leader. Mostly the only place they seemed to make a clean pass was heading up the hill after the first turn or heading down the hill to the right hander that leads to the extreme hairpin. They all definately run way faster laps with a clean track than the AI apponents but they just make the stupidest mistakes. only made 2nd so far with the RX-7 TC. Funny thing with this was I had better luck with it at like 630PP and the 2nd stage turbo than the full boogie turbo at 644PP. In full Hop-Up state they would be too fast through the tunnel and try to overtake almost every lap, even if I paced down before that section and they'd hit that wall alomost half the laps. Seriously my Bob's should all apply for jobs as crash test dummie's right now. The only plus side to all of this is I get to keep trolling the UCD after every 3rd attempt.

Finally finished. The 650pp. Played most calm Bob with Mazda Furi and Pranianos tune. Spent the whole race telling Bob to calm down until he took the lead.

I found it was the opposite in my case, used the BMW McLaren & a hot headed bob..pressed the 'increase pace' button & then maintain. Took lead half way through then on to win.

the bob you were using might explain the case, my bob was a cool headed guy.

As said before, B-spec at Cote d'Azur 650PP using Susuki Escudo max out downforce & detune to 650pp no input just left to run 3rd on 4th lap 2nd on 5th lap & 1st on 6th used both hot head and cool head B specs boys.

Latest Posts

Back