New Cockpit Equipment for GT4!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter boostman
  • 51 comments
  • 3,736 views
Messages
74
Searched but no info on this new HOT cockpit seat. It's from AK, and it's called the AK Rocker. I picked it up at the local best buy for 70 bucks this past weekend. It's very comfy and doesn't rock unless you want it to. You can get these on www.bestbuy.com on sale.
The Seat
100_red.jpg

My Set-Up just awaiting GT4......:(
wNjY2NzE0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wNjY2NzE1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
 
Neat setup, but I can save myself $250 and just use the DS2. :)
 
Thanks guys, and thanks to my wife. I'm working on a angled riser for the pedals because with the lower sitting position I was sick and tired of pointing my toes to floor the gas.
 
Damn you rich people and your money to buy really, really expensive things and make me feel not so good...
 
Have you guys had a chance to play with the DFP in 900 degree mode? Just curious. I've only had it in 900 degree mode in the Toyota GT4 demo, but it was worth the money just for that. Can't wait for the real deal!
 
Sweet set-up, im envious, but I plan to pick up the DFP this weekend, see how the 900 degree is with the Prologue...anxiously waiting...
 
GT3_Master_GT4
Sweet set-up, im envious, but I plan to pick up the DFP this weekend, see how the 900 degree is with the Prologue...anxiously waiting...
now i'm the envious one...
 
boostman
now i'm the envious one...
You do know those smaller speaker on top of your main speakers are supposed to go behind you, right? They're the surround sound speakers.
 
Solid Lifters
You do know those smaller speaker on top of your main speakers are supposed to go behind you, right? They're the surround sound speakers.
Yeah, mounting them to the back of the seat is the next project. ;)
 
I saw this seat at Costco, I begged my mom to buy it. But she refused, stating that Christmas is just around the corner. I pt a cockpit on my X-mas listas well as a DFP, so hopefully I will be set for GT4 when it comes out.
 
Meh, those chairs are over rated.. I'll just pull some sports seats outta car at a wrecking yard, and put them on a rocker base.. though why I would want it to rock, I have no clue. Or better yet, I could borrow the passenger seat outta my car... an ACTUAL Momo one piece racing seat ;)
 
I had that exact chair. My girl and I were messing with them at best buy and I totally had to have one. I could have fallen asleep in that thing at the store with screaming kids all around. Well it must have been the same deal with food shopping when you are hungry and I must have been real tired because I went home and assembled it and didn't really like it. It was out of place like a treadmill in the living room. I couldn't imagine it with your setup. Doesn't the force feedback make the chair slide around?

Don't get me wrong. If you're going to build some kind of race setup it's a viable solution for the seat if it were in a fixed position. The rocking part would mess me when using a steering wheel and pedals.
 
boostman
Have you guys had a chance to play with the DFP in 900 degree mode? Just curious. I've only had it in 900 degree mode in the Toyota GT4 demo, but it was worth the money just for that. Can't wait for the real deal!

i never liked steering wheels, i can get good lap times with them but i like de DS2 more :)

(without vibration)
 
Jedi2016
Neat setup, but I can save myself $250 and just use the DS2. :)

wow jedi, all the posts on this forum and you don't even have a steering wheel? i didn't think for a minute that you were a casual gamer, if you want the "true" GT4 experience ditch the DS2. there's no comparasion.
 
Solid Lifters
You do know those smaller speaker on top of your main speakers are supposed to go behind you, right? They're the surround sound speakers.


also since you got a new tv, it might have s-video input.
if you have, use s-video not a/v
and plug on the back of the tv, if it has.

and! i don't have a good TV :guilty:
 
Nice setup!

And component video looks even better than S-Video.
 
Bah I thought they were re releasing virtual reality equipment for GT4 :(
 
Looks awesome. How do you stop it from rocking?
 
Sit still :D
 
Every setup i've seen has been done with 27 inch television. Have any of you guys own an HDTV ? although this setup is very nice, I would rather invest in a widescreen tv first before spending on a cockpit.
 
Looks great and like you said, once you make something for your foot pedals then you can sit more comfortable without pointing your toes forward. The more ergonomic it is the more you will enjoy it.
Looking at all these ideas makes me want to pull the seat out of my Camaro and put it in my game room since its winter and I dont drive it anyway. Hmmm mabey I could even wire the lumbar. :lol: Very very tempting. I just need a table to set the wheel on and that would be easy for me to make. 💡
 
boostman
Thanks guys, and thanks to my wife. I'm working on a angled riser for the pedals because with the lower sitting position I was sick and tired of pointing my toes to floor the gas.

Nice setup, but how do you to avoid the pedals moving on the floor ?
That's my biggest problem with my DRiving Force wheel, the pedals where always moving while I was playing.
Now it's solved because I fixed the wheel on my computer desk ( I use my computer monitor for my PS2 ) that 's located against the wall. So I can use the wall to block the pedals assembly for moving.
Building a riser is a good idea, it avoids cramps during endurance racing :)
 
Azureman- over-rated?! nah I wouldn't call the chair is over-rated. I could have pulled my own sparco seat too but this is really amazing. Try on if you get the chance.

l4mr3tt4- The chair is VERY stable when playing, even with exagerated pedal pumping and force feedback, the chair just doesn't move. The chair will move when you put some effort into rocking though, perfect in my opinion. Not too much padding on the seat but just right, it's like a real race seat, it molds and supports all in the right places! It does double as a "bananna chair" when my table and wheel are put away. Because of our mis-matched newly wed furniture it feels right at home in the living room. Also, I built this setup because so many of the other cockpits that are sold can't be stored or put away easily because of shear mass, but I can pull the chair out pick up the pedals place them on the "dashboard" table and put it all in a closet. ;) very convenient!

Jedi2016- Just FYI, the setup only cost me $170 for both the DFP, and chair, I made everything else. Still though not as cheap as the DS2.

NissanKoreaCEO- Do I need a new cord to run to the S-Video input? I know the TV has an input. Is it really that big of a difference with it?

radicool- Please refer to my comments above about the insane stability of the chair.

Biased Turkey- I don't know if you have played with the DF, or the DFP. But the DFP pedal base has retractable plastic teeth that GRAB the carpet. My pedals have never moved.

FatAssBR and everyone else thanks for the kind words, I have loved building it up so far, still some work to go though. :)
 
boostman
Biased Turkey- I don't know if you have played with the DF, or the DFP. But the DFP pedal base has retractable plastic teeth that GRAB the carpet. My pedals have never moved.

I didn't know the DF has retractable plastic teeths. I never used mine on a carpet floor. I use it in my living room that a wooden , very slippery, floor covering . So I have to secure the pedals assembly one way or another.
 
Biased turkey
I didn't know the DF has retractable plastic teeths. I never used mine on a carpet floor. I use it in my living room that a wooden , very slippery, floor covering . So I have to secure the pedals assembly one way or another.
What about 2 feet of rope or string and tie it to your seat somehow so when you push the pedals they are stationary but are about 2 feet from the chair? Mabey this combined with duct tape or velcro? Or possibly buy some of the suction cups from the store and make them work with it somehow. Or set something heavy in front of them so they dont move. I can demonstrate a pic of this later if necessary.
 
CAMAROBOY69
What about 2 feet of rope or string and tie it to your seat somehow so when you push the pedals they are stationary but are about 2 feet from the chair? Mabey this combined with duct tape or velcro? Or possibly buy some of the suction cups from the store and make them work with it somehow. Or set something heavy in front of them so they dont move. I can demonstrate a pic of this later if necessary.
I think the suction cup idea is a winner for sure. Mounting them will take some creative thought though.
 
Epoxy glue and some nails or screws if they have the holes on top of the suction cups. If they have the studs on the top of the suction cups then just drill holes into the foot pedal assembly and glue them into it. I can get a pack of about 20 of these at the local dollar store.
Here are some pics of suction cups.
clearcups1.jpg
 
Back