New Cockpit Equipment for GT4!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter boostman
  • 51 comments
  • 3,735 views
boostman
I'm working on a angled riser for the pedals because with the lower sitting position I was sick and tired of pointing my toes to floor the gas.
That was the only draw back I was concerned about. I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. Let us know how it goes.
👍
 
Lethalchem
That was the only draw back I was concerned about. I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. Let us know how it goes.
👍
Yeah, tonight I will get most of the work done on the riser, and post some pics. I think my idea is rather good one, only time will tell. Chopping 5 inches from the legs of the table and making it wider with a new desk-top to fit it over the new chair was all cake. I'll give hints to the riser I'm building, in that I'll be using cardboard, rocks, and grip tape for skateboards. ;)
 
If you're looking for something that can collapse & be easy to get rid of in a flash....checkout this...

It's called a GameFrame & can be purchased from here...

I think with this & your chair....you'd have a nice setup... 👍
 
SimRaceDriver
If you're looking for something that can collapse & be easy to get rid of in a flash....checkout this...

It's called a GameFrame & can be purchased from here...

I think with this & your chair....you'd have a nice setup... 👍
Not a bad package at all. Looks a little flemsy, but who knows? Do you own this SimRaceDriver? The only downside is the 230 bones for that..:o so far minus the wheel and seat, mine is FREE.
 
I tell ya I have put maybe 300 or so miles in with the AKrocker, and I am very pleased with it. It really does stay straight up and is stable while driving, the way they designed the curve of the rails when you are sitting up it even pushes against your back a little.

You do need to raise the pedals up some because of the low seat position, I have mine on about a 15 to 20 degree rise, that is all you need. I think this 'legs straight forward' profile really adds to the experience. I also plan to run the surround out to small speakers attached to the back of the seat, maybe. Actually I would really like to install a 'thumper' type of speaker right flush into the middle of the seat back. If anyone knows exactly what type of speaker this is and/or where I could get one I would appreciate it.
 

Attachments

  • Driving simulator.jpg
    Driving simulator.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 74
Hi. The seat looks great. I thought you might like to see my set up which has been based on some plans available on the net. It cost me $30 (australian) to put together and the race seat was a Freebee.
The angled pedal stand is a must otherwise I cant play for long
 

Attachments

  • setup1.JPG
    setup1.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 96
Swillie- Very nice setup!! Nice AK chair too! I'm still diggin it.

Davejmac- I also like your setup very much.

Ok so anyway, like I said on the first page, I was getting sick of the point-toe floor gas method. So I built my riser tonight. The body is made of stiff cardboard, it's put together with duck tape, the pedal base is attached by double sided mounting tape, it's filled with weighty objects, and to the bottom is adhered skid guard tread, like the grip tape of a skateboard to keep everything from moving on my carpet. Here are pics. ahhhh so much nicer now.....
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0088.JPG
    IMG_0088.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 40
boostman
Searched but no info on this new HOT cockpit seat. It's from AK, and it's called the AK Rocker. I picked it up at the local best buy for 70 bucks this past weekend. It's very comfy and doesn't rock unless you want it to. You can get these on www.bestbuy.com on sale.

Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

*marks that chair down as a "self" christmas present* 👍 :O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

*marks that chair down as a "self" christmas present* 👍 :O
HAHAHA, that's what this was too, just a bit early. I did justify it pretty well though telling my wife that we NEEDED another chair to lounge on in the living room.
 
boostman
Searched but no info on this new HOT cockpit seat. It's from AK, and it's called the AK Rocker. I picked it up at the local best buy for 70 bucks this past weekend. It's very comfy and doesn't rock unless you want it to. You can get these on

OMG :eek: your room looks bigger then my apartment!!
 
boostman
Not a bad package at all. Looks a little flemsy, but who knows? Do you own this SimRaceDriver? The only downside is the 230 bones for that..:o so far minus the wheel and seat, mine is FREE.

No but I have heard that its looks are decieving and it's acutally quite sturdy....
I can understand about the $$$ but think about how easy it would be to put it out of the way when you're not racing..as opposed to the other alternatives! :)
 
SimRaceDriver
No but I have heard that its looks are decieving and it's acutally quite sturdy....
I can understand about the $$$ but think about how easy it would be to put it out of the way when you're not racing..as opposed to the other alternatives! :)
LOL, good point, that's why I asked if you had any experience with it. :) If money was no object, I think that would be the way to go for space savings undoubtedly.
 
boostman
LOL, good point, that's why I asked if you had any experience with it. :) If money was no object, I think that would be the way to go for space savings undoubtedly.


Hey if money were no object why stop there, I'd be getting one of these babies!!

http://www.virtual-e-usa.com/ :dopey:
 
boostman
Swillie- Very nice setup!! Nice AK chair too! I'm still diggin it.

Davejmac- I also like your setup very much.

Ok so anyway, like I said on the first page, I was getting sick of the point-toe floor gas method. So I built my riser tonight. The body is made of stiff cardboard, it's put together with duck tape, the pedal base is attached by double sided mounting tape, it's filled with weighty objects, and to the bottom is adhered skid guard tread, like the grip tape of a skateboard to keep everything from moving on my carpet. Here are pics. ahhhh so much nicer now.....
Very creative, ergonomic and looks graeat! 👍
 
Swillie- I'm with you man, if money was no object then I would try to get one of those or the Subaru pod things that are similar to that, that they have at all the gaming shows.

Camaroboy69- Thankyou for your compliments. I was going for something simple and of course good looking/matching. The best part is that it works great, so I'm pleased!
 
SimRaceDriver
and that's all that really matters now isn't it? 👍
Exactly!! I love seeing everybody elses designs too, shows are individuality. :)
 
:lol: only time i would spend money for a Cockpit, like that is if i'm takeing out the racing seat in my car. look now i have a multi task seat :) :lol:
 
I used to play with the steering wheel and pedals, but I mostly prefer the controller. It's less complicated that way.
 
To each their own. Personally, I couldn't be happier with the setup :).
 
Back