That was the only draw back I was concerned about. I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. Let us know how it goes.boostmanI'm working on a angled riser for the pedals because with the lower sitting position I was sick and tired of pointing my toes to floor the gas.
Yeah, tonight I will get most of the work done on the riser, and post some pics. I think my idea is rather good one, only time will tell. Chopping 5 inches from the legs of the table and making it wider with a new desk-top to fit it over the new chair was all cake. I'll give hints to the riser I'm building, in that I'll be using cardboard, rocks, and grip tape for skateboards.LethalchemThat was the only draw back I was concerned about. I was wondering if that was going to be an issue. Let us know how it goes.
👍
Not a bad package at all. Looks a little flemsy, but who knows? Do you own this SimRaceDriver? The only downside is the 230 bones for that..SimRaceDriver
boostmanSearched but no info on this new HOT cockpit seat. It's from AK, and it's called the AK Rocker. I picked it up at the local best buy for 70 bucks this past weekend. It's very comfy and doesn't rock unless you want it to. You can get these on www.bestbuy.com on sale.
HAHAHA, that's what this was too, just a bit early. I did justify it pretty well though telling my wife that we NEEDED another chair to lounge on in the living room.McLaren'sAngelHiya!![]()
![]()
Meow! (='.'=)
*marks that chair down as a "self" christmas present* 👍![]()
boostmanSearched but no info on this new HOT cockpit seat. It's from AK, and it's called the AK Rocker. I picked it up at the local best buy for 70 bucks this past weekend. It's very comfy and doesn't rock unless you want it to. You can get these on
Trust me, pictures can be deceiving!!wana b drifterOMGyour room looks bigger then my apartment!!
boostmanNot a bad package at all. Looks a little flemsy, but who knows? Do you own this SimRaceDriver? The only downside is the 230 bones for that..so far minus the wheel and seat, mine is FREE.
LOL, good point, that's why I asked if you had any experience with it.SimRaceDriverNo but I have heard that its looks are decieving and it's acutally quite sturdy....
I can understand about the $$$ but think about how easy it would be to put it out of the way when you're not racing..as opposed to the other alternatives!![]()
boostmanLOL, good point, that's why I asked if you had any experience with it.If money was no object, I think that would be the way to go for space savings undoubtedly.
Very creative, ergonomic and looks graeat! 👍boostmanSwillie- Very nice setup!! Nice AK chair too! I'm still diggin it.
Davejmac- I also like your setup very much.
Ok so anyway, like I said on the first page, I was getting sick of the point-toe floor gas method. So I built my riser tonight. The body is made of stiff cardboard, it's put together with duck tape, the pedal base is attached by double sided mounting tape, it's filled with weighty objects, and to the bottom is adhered skid guard tread, like the grip tape of a skateboard to keep everything from moving on my carpet. Here are pics. ahhhh so much nicer now.....
and that's all that really matters now isn't it? 👍boostman...The best part is that it works great, so I'm pleased!
Exactly!! I love seeing everybody elses designs too, shows are individuality.SimRaceDriverand that's all that really matters now isn't it? 👍