New Codemasters Rally Title is DiRT Rally 2.0: Releases 26 February 2019

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 295 comments
Petter Solberg just anounced he will pause on WRX but will stay behind the wheel. It means also that WRX seems to be in some kind of trouble and the addition to DIRT becomes more and more irrelevant.

Petter Solberg just anounced he will pause on WRX but will stay behind the wheel. It means also that WRX seems to be in some kind of trouble and the addition to DIRT becomes more and more irrelevant.
From what i heard it's the whole PSRX not only Petter Solberg it's included even Johan Kristoffersson... What a shame for a such exciting series :(

MXH
Not sure about replays but gameplay is supposed to be 60fps just like DR1, on both the X & Pro as well the OG consoles.

That`s what made the first one great to me, the 60 frames replays, so fluid and real like, gonna wait till this is out before deciding..

MXH
Not sure about replays but gameplay is supposed to be 60fps just like DR1, on both the X & Pro as well the OG consoles.

I hope they focus on handling and the stages. Better graphics should not be pioritized above FPS for this game. It wasnt what made the first one great. But I got a feeling the guys working on this one, know that very well. They would rather downgrade the graphics for console then sacrifice gameplay. Just hope for more content.

Can someone lighten me up as to the whole WRX situation? Don't wanna say this was caused by the horrific lack of parity this season but.........

What a sad, (but predictable), situation. Let's hope we get a few more years out of the WRC before electric power ruins that as well.

Agreed, some of the best things about standing in the forest is hearing the cars off in the distance going full-on with pops and crackles and all the drama that you mind comes up with that goes with all those sounds.

Electric cars do have a place in this world, and they do have a place in a race series. But Rally, in my opinion is not the place for them.

Agreed, some of the best things about standing in the forest is hearing the cars off in the distance going full-on with pops and crackles and all the drama that you mind comes up with that goes with all those sounds.

Electric cars do have a place in this world, and they do have a place in a race series. But Rally, in my opinion is not the place for them.

Let me correct you, 'electric cars do not have a place in this world'. It's a mostly european government obsession based on ill advice, imo.

Looks nice but Codies really need to step up their game in terms of cars. I just ask what the hell their licensing team is doing :confused: Every single game the bloody same cars over and over again. I sincerely hope they have managed and are willing to include some rarer cars this time around. Of course the knows classics are pretty cool but come on, fresh it up!

They have shown Poland on the livestream and that looked sexy as hell :bowdown:

Last edited:

Some key points for those who can't watch the whole video:

- The stage degradation is not 3 stages but rather about 150 smaller stages of degradation, so it'll be a gradual change as you go down the running order
- They show off Spain with the 997 rally car on hard tires at 4:29
- They're still working on AI
- Career mode:
-- Rally and Rallycross: there are 5 steps
-- You may start off in a low power car and move up or start with a powerful car. You're always grouped with cars in the same class.
-- Manage your team, hire engineers to help repair times
-- Repair costs
-- Manage damage between events, "take responsibility of your damage"
-- Choose how much you invest in fixing your car before each event
- Peugeot 208 T16 R5 on hard tires at Poland starts at 19:29
- Dirt YouTube reply to someone asking about damage: "you can turn [damage] off, but there's also a Hardcore Damage mode which will be VERY sensitive"
- Another reply about Dirt Rally 1 stages as DLC: "will be revealed in the new Year..."
- No snow locations at launch
- The Poland stage looks amazing!
- 32:57 is Renault Megane RX at Silverstone
- Audi A1 RX new to the game
- Jon is currently working on testing pacenote activations and AI stage times
- They're working on DLC already

Overall, the game graphically looks amazing, but currently the sound is definitely a bit lacking.

Looks nice but Codies really need to step up their game in terms of cars. I just ask what the hell their licensing team is doing :confused: Every single game the bloody same cars over and over again. I sincerely hope they have managed and are willing to include some rarer cars this time around. Of course the knows classics are pretty cool but come on, fresh it up!

I think it's nice that they keep the iconic cars but you're right. There has been very little change since Dirt 3 all those years ago.

I think it's nice that they keep the iconic cars but you're right. There has been very little change since Dirt 3 all those years ago.

My thoughts exactly. I even wonder how much remodeling is needed for the cars that stay? The iconic ones are there and it is good they are but shouldn't we be around 100 rallycars in total by now and not the same 50'ish we know already for such a long time? I find it really lacking in there.

The stages do look great but with all DLC that is planned I prefer to wait until the package is complete and go for a complete edition. Surely after D4 debacle....

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. I even wonder how much remodeling is needed for the cars that stay? The iconic one are there and it is good they are but should we be around 100 rallycars in total by now and not the same 50'ish we know already for such a long time? I find it really lacking in there.

The stages do look great but with all DLC that is planned I prefer to wait until the package is complete and go for a complete edition. Surely after D4 debacle....

And let's face it, with all the car games we have to play, wait is very easy, and, wise.

A close friend played the game few days ago in Milan vodafone center. His feedback: closer to dirt4 and a lot less punishing than dirt 1. Result: more fun.

I'm happy with that. Many won't.

I am only really upset with the lack of rallies.

Thank you @ProjectWHaT for your post.

Do we already know whether or not we are having proper online rally mode this time instead of ****** online challenges?

A close friend played the game few days ago in Milan vodafone center. His feedback: closer to dirt4 and a lot less punishing than dirt 1. Result: more fun.
I am only really upset with the lack of rallies.
bad news. ok

Livestream:

• Tarmac looks very very wrong (I mean where is the grip?)
  • Car is sliding non-stop like in Dirt 4
  • It looks almost like it is simply running on gravel
  • Once more the aweful pivoting is present (which has been for years and it really starts to annoy me)
Oh boy....

For comparission

Last edited:
  • Tarmac looks very very wrong
Oh boy....

I do think it's best to keep in mind they were running the Porsche on hards (iirc). I hope they show us gameplay of it running on softs because I think choosing hards wasn't the best idea.

Livestream:

That was a good laugh. Do that in real life for more than three minutes in a stage like that (it's impossible with that car anyway), and your rear tyres pressure and temp will get so high that you wouldn't be able to drift anymore without losing the car over and over.

It's a codemasters game though, and this tarmac physics with the wheel will be insane good fun too. Just look at that it will be so great doing that as you laugh the stage through hah

• Tarmac looks very very wrong (I mean where is the grip?)
  • Once more the aweful pivoting is present (which has been for years and it really starts to annoy me)
Like you said, that's how every Codemasters game has been since forever. Without the redeeming quality of Your Stage, I'm staying away from this one. There's no point when I could already get the same wonky driving experience but with endless variations of stages in Dirt 4.

Back