New course!

  • Thread starter Thread starter agent R
  • 116 comments
  • 8,223 views
People complain about real tracks in GT4, but how many of those did GT3 have exactly? 2? Laguna and Monaco, right? Now we have already seen Suzuka, Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba, Twin Ring Motegi, The Nurburgring, Sears Point (Infineon), Laguna Seca, and Monaco, and it looks like we'll be getting Donnington and Hockenheim. That's 10, not counting extra variations of Fuji and the Motegi oval. We got a list of about 45 tracks likely to be in now, so we might still get some more ... Will have to wait and see. Personally I would like as many tracks in there as possible of course ...
 
Hang on... where did you get Donnington and Hockenheim from?

C.

PS I also suspect the Nur short will be in too.
 
Please let Donnington be in...
 
yeti
Hang on... where did you get Donnington and Hockenheim from?

C.

PS I also suspect the Nur short will be in too.

I would also like to know where you got that from and it better be the old Hockenheim not that new panzy track.

On the full nur you can see bits of the GP circuit, but then there are bit's you can clearly see that have no textures whatsoever. If you watch the replay that is. Oh and the Seoul course does bear a resembalance to R246. As for street tracks I don't like New York one bit, Hong Kong is very well done with lots of elevation changes. And who says that they have to consist of 90 degree corners, look at R11 R5 and Citta Di arria.
 
This new track is amazing ......but its yet another one located in Asia, why can't we have a UK one! ......London Street Circuit would be amazing!!!!!

Hang on... where did you get Donnington and Hockenheim from?

This french website, that's actually credible, states that there is a London street track and that Donnington and Hockenheim are in.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/site.neo/indexa.htm

He said that the London track was leaked from BMW guys that said the UK version of BMW demo included a street course in London.

See ya :sly:
 
i'm surprised donington wasn't in gran turismo before, after all, if you remember, polyphony digital did do all the sound recording and car physics stuff at donington when they were making gt2. surely they must have picked up data on donington, maybe it being locked away somewhere just shouting out to pd to be used!!!!!
 
Lambo88
This french website, that's actually credible, states that there is a London street track and that Donnington and Hockenheim are in.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/site.neo/indexa.htm

He said that the London track was leaked from BMW guys that said the UK version of BMW demo included a street course in London.

See ya :sly:


But the Uk version of the BMW demo does not have the London street course on - so how credible is the statement that Donnington and Hockenheim are in as well?
👎
 
I have a feeling that if PD do choose to include something from the UK then it is going to be Silverstone......it is world known and I think PD will probably feel that they have done enough street tracks for one title! (remember, all the old ones will be in too!).....

Personally I love street tracks, I find race tracks to wide and not very fun....all they are is more tarmac, gravel, tarmac, gravel......I like to see something interesting whist I race. But this is just my opinion, this is why PD have given different tracks to suit different people!
 
One more:

gtseoul.jpg
 
But the Uk version of the BMW demo does not have the London street course on - so how credible is the statement that Donnington and Hockenheim are in as well?

Well, I did not know that, TheCracker. But it may have been hacked, like Hong-Kong was in Prologue. But anyway, the sites does not state London as a circuit anymore, so they probably realized it was just a rumour. But that site was damn right about Seoul a long time before the official news came out.

Anyway, it would be cheap for you, British GT fans, :) that the game includes 2 Paris circuits and no London track, so I think there is still high chances to see a London track in GT4.

PS: Wich tracks were featured in th UK BMW Demo?

See ya :sly:
 
^ Nice pic.....but where are the spectators!?

You know how people have been asking if there can be more then 2 cars on the track with the top down......well I guess you could consider these Le mans cars to be top down and I am sure you could race 6 peugeots all with an aimated driver!
 
robin2223
^ Nice pic.....but where are the spectators!?
Looks unfinished.
robin2223
You know how people have been asking if there can be more then 2 cars on the track with the top down......well I guess you could consider these Le mans cars to be top down and I am sure you could race 6 peugeots all with an aimated driver!
Nice point, but I think that convertible cars are more restricted than le mans, more detailed interiors and full body pilot.
 
It looks hacked, I know the nurburgring hacked out of prologue doesn't have any landscaping. I think it has something to do with the file sizing. The imported track cannot be bigger than the track it replaces. Something like that. Either way looks good, but I'm not all that excited about the inclusion of Korean cars, unless they bring the rally cars.
 
^ the accent rally car is in ......There is a pic of it earlier in this thread.....Its good that Sony have the rights to the WRC because they can use all the cars (like they use in WRC4)....I wonder if we will even have the 307 rally car!?

Totally random question but......How do PD manage to get the rights to all the racing cars livery's.....Do they have to go to DELL, Panasonic, BP etc etc to get all the logo's on all the cars? and how are PD going to do the livery's on the cars which have cigarette adverts on them......like the Silk Cut Jaguar.....loads of old cars have sig adverts, how are they going to get those in?
 
Totally random question but......How do PD manage to get the rights to all the racing cars livery's.....Do they have to go to DELL, Panasonic, BP etc etc to get all the logo's on all the cars? and how are PD going to do the livery's on the cars which have cigarette adverts on them......like the Silk Cut Jaguar.....loads of old cars have sig adverts, how are they going to get those in?

Well, the liveries, when accepting to feature on a race car, probably automatically yield the rights for their logos to the company that holds the car licenses. For Tobacco liveries, they will proably do something like the F1 teams
did here in Montreal during this year's GP: Put something like "Be on Edge" instead of "Benson and Hedges"

Or like they did with the Lancer EVO VI sponsored by Marlboro: write TOMMI
instead of Marlboro on the car. Or they will simply remove it.

See ya :sly:
 
robin2223
I wonder if we will even have the 307 rally car!?

Any peugeot rally car would be good. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want to see the 405 vattanen pikes peak car in.
 
Veki
Well then maybe you got a diffrent copy of the game. The AI sucked an no matter what line i take in corners they always manage to screw me over. I go high they exit really wide.. i take inside they smash me.. i follow them they break in the middle of the corner.. WTF.

And who cares about visuals in the end it all comes down to gameplay. Sure a nice looking game is nice for the first 2 weeks then when you forget that you focuse on the gameplay. Every game that is popular and widely played is because it has awsome gameplay not because it has awsome graphics.

I'd trade 2 city tracks for one of my real tracks.



Oh well there you go. I never go high into the corners when I don't have to.
 
I'd love to see Interlagos (Sao Paulo,Brazil) F1 track in the game!!!!!!!! (I've driven there before and it's crazy fast) + Albert Park is fun also.
 
I like to see a mix of tracks, but I don't want see too many real life tracks. I like the tracks PD make up. I want to see more of those.

If I want a lot of street tracks, I'll play Project Gotham 1/2. If I want a lot of race circuits, I'll get a TOCA or F1 game. I know PD will probably model any real life tracks better than anyone else, but Donnington is Donnington. I've virtually been round it in a Touring cars, Moto GP motorcycles and probably other types of virtual motor vehicles.

Just my opinion. :)
I want PD's imagination to kick in again for new courses. :)
 
Thats the same way I feel, as i said earlier in this topic.
 
I still wouldn't trust the French site. It might be close to what GT4 will be, but it's still partially speculation.
 
Yeah, I'm not sure if I trust those "Frenchies" or not. (j/k)

The more the merrier, I say!

I will master them all!!!!
 
Did you see that Callaway on that French site (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/site.neo/indexa.htm)? I remember Callaway from [the PC version of] Sports Car GT. While the game features the most least-detailed McLaren F1 race car I've ever seen (if you can get into the main files, you can discover the sky blue/black Davidoff Classic McLaren). Anyhow, back to the Callaway. Here's the Callaway link from the site I put in parentheses: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/site.neo/Callawayc12_WEB.jpg

This is the Callaway C12 from 2003. I'm going to talk about it elsewhere for another time in another topic. Anyhow, if you use my "Translations" link and translate some of the text in this website, the RED items are pretty much confirmed, the YELLOW items have been in either/or GT3 or GT Concept, and the GREEN items are speculation. So if you haven't checked out the site from Post #66, Page 3 by Lambo88, I copied and pasted that same link into this post. So go and check out what this French site has to offer. Can't translate the languages? That's why I included the "Translations" link in my signature. Not the best, but hey. Better than nothing. I'm done here. Carry on.
 
listen,VEKI

What the f...ing hell is wrong with city course?

in gt4 ,there are a lot of f...ing stupid real F...ING race track .

are you satisfied? :)
 
Laguna Seca was the only real track ... but as I recall that had several ninety degree bends as well. Sure they weren't as sharp as city courses (we're thinking of the last two corners of Rome, here), but they were right-angled bends none the less ... in fact I think a grand total of SIX of TEN corners were the aforementioned despised ninety-degree turns. And the other four (Hairpin, Corkscrew and Final Turn) were all worse than the other six.

And by the way agent R, is there any way you could possibly guess where the Seoul track goes based on the shots from the link you provided in the original post.

And here's a useless fact: in the Korean language, 'Seoul' simply means 'The Capital.'
 
Do you race?
Laguna Seca was the only real track ... but as I recall that had several ninety degree bends as well. Sure they weren't as sharp as city courses (we're thinking of the last two corners of Rome, here), but they were right-angled bends none the less ... in fact I think a grand total of SIX of TEN corners were the aforementioned despised ninety-degree turns. And the other four (Hairpin, Corkscrew and Final Turn) were all worse than the other six.

And by the way agent R, is there any way you could possibly guess where the Seoul track goes based on the shots from the link you provided in the original post.

And here's a useless fact: in the Korean language, 'Seoul' simply means 'The Capital.'

this is not the official course map.but from the images,we can guess . looks like NY course.

link is here
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboa...ble=gr_gt&page=1&num=35675&find=&ftext=&left=
 
Nice work, agent R, but is it the black, red, blue or green line? Or all of them?
 
Anyhow, if you use my "Translations" link and translate some of the text in this website, the RED items are pretty much confirmed, the YELLOW items have been in either/or GT3 or GT Concept, and the GREEN items are speculation.

John, you are right except for the green items, they are there because of some serious reasons. For example, the Orca C113 is there because Orca announced it would be in the game, as for The Bentley Continental GT and the Protomotors Spirra. And if you need translation, French is my native language so come on, ask me i'll translate it for you.

See ya :sly:
 
Back