New course!

  • Thread starter Thread starter agent R
  • 116 comments
  • 8,223 views
hey i also noticed in that vid the new dodge viper srt-10 convertible
 
and in the vid with the el capitan footage i also spotted an old-style lotus esprit, the vauxhall lotus carlton and the peugeot 205 t16 road car. cool or what!!!
 
Can anyone tell me what the white car is in El Capitan footage?
I think it started at 4th ... then kinda behind the pack afterward
It looks like an old Audi

Great find 👍
love that 190E, one of my favorite
 
franz
Can anyone tell me what the white car is in El Capitan footage?
I think it started at 4th ... then kinda behind the pack afterward
It looks like an old Audi

Great find 👍
love that 190E, one of my favorite


Audi Quattro
 
Looks like it's not entirely right-angled corners after all. I doubt it would be the red section on the lower half of the map - that would make the track a little too simple, so it's most likely the blue or green. Hopefully the green.
 
Yeah, green on the bottom and blue up on the top, and the black straight looks like it's got some length to it too.

In regards to the 90's, how sucky they are also depends on how wide the streets are that are involved in it...
 
Hm, i can't choose... (seen counterclockwise, like NY)
with the red left-right-left on top, i would prefer the only left-driven green part with the double-corner becoming sharper.

then, there is the tricky blue bottom part with the left-right-left-right...uhhhh...i can't choose^_^

i hope, they can find some more round corners or tricky sections like Rome ;) if it reminds of NY, there is no need to build a second one ;)
 
hellnback
In regards to the 90's, how sucky they are also depends on how wide the streets are that are involved in it...
And the type of tarmac. And the weather. The number of pedestrians who don't realise it's race day might have something to do with it too ...

I say (assuming we race clockwise): Black straight, red right-left-right, second black section, then the green. Maybe if we go around the green, back along the second blue before turning around onto the second red? (The whole track would look roughly like an 'h' if you follow. If you dont follow, forget this post!)
 
If I got you correctly, that means instead of taking a right left on the second black (to where it roughly meets the red/blue altogether), you join onto the green just after the straight and the 'kink' on the second black???

Somehow I don't think your 'vision' is the most likely configuration... but ya never know...
 
Here, I've drawn over the coloured lines to show what I think is the optimum (and most challenging) layout for the Seoul Circuit. It's really poor because I did it in under a minute just now to show you what I mean and I seriously doubt it would work because I've added in a road that probably doesn't exist. But if you follow the black line (ignore the rest) ... no can't load it ... OK think of it this way:

1 - Find the big green park roughly in the middle.
2 - Go north and turn right.
3 - Go east and turn right-left-right (red section).
4 - Go as far south as possible and turn right.
5 - Go west and turn left then left again onto green section.
6 - Follow green loop to where it rejoins blue section and turn right.
7 - Go north along blue section and turn left (this is where I put in a street).
8 - Turn left onto red section.
9 - Follow red section south to the big 180° loop.
10 - Turn north and cross Start/Finish Line.

That's what I imagine the Seoul track should be, but it probably won't work because of the aforementioned invented street (without it this layout doesnt work). If that isn't clearer forget about it.
 
Yeah you got a little blue section that is used twice messing that configuration up, however it looks like it is possible to turn left on your second black section instead of right it goes straight to the green (albeit leaving out a little blue, the street you use twice, and the first little bit of the green), then you can follow you layout...
 
That's where I stuck a road in, linking the second red and blue sections, so you don't race on the same section of track twice.
 
I assume you got planning approval for 'that road' you so nonchalantly 'put in'... The South Koreans are quite structured in these matters...
 
Nope, just fired up the bulldozer and destroyed that 500-year-old temple.
 
Oh that's okay then, as long as you didn't use the North Korean WMD's to clear the space...

Ooops did I say that??? ;)
 
Another pic map of the track.

seoul_map.gif


Circuit Length: 1.400 miles/2.253 km, 14 turns

''Parkland circuit inthe South Korean capital, which is set to host a round of the Champ Car series in 2004. Built on the banks of the Han river, the circuit has a five-year contract. There are plans to lengthen with circuit in future years.''
 
zonekill
Another pic map of the track.

seoul_map.gif


Circuit Length: 1.400 miles/2.253 km, 14 turns

''Parkland circuit inthe South Korean capital, which is set to host a round of the Champ Car series in 2004. Built on the banks of the Han river, the circuit has a five-year contract. There are plans to lengthen with circuit in future years.''
That's totally different to the one that seems likely (link on bottom of previous page). That's a proposed Champ Car (boring!) Circuit, so it isn't nesessarily what PD will use.
agent R
between the buildings we've seen, we don't know which road will be selected.

so two different color lines are here.

here is the link.some real images.

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboa...d=&ftext=&left=
I'm more inclined to go with agent R on this - he's a local (I assume you're male, sorry if I'm wrong) and tends to agree with the map in the link based on the landmarks in the screenshots. I doubt PD would include that track, although it looks quite good. Shame it's so short.
 
JohnBM01
I guess you Korean and even part-Korean fans of Gran Turismo will be proud to say you'll have home-field advantage. Seoul, South Korea. I like this track here. And true to Korean cars, Hyundais are included in the pictures. I like them a lot.

As much as I would like to learn about this big world of ours, I don't know too much about Korea. I've heard Korean pop music before such as from B.O.A., S.E.S., and Baby VOX. And when it comes to racing in Korea, the race I usually heard of most is the F3 race in Changwon, South Korea. I don't know about this Seoul track, but Changwon is pretty technical. You have a chicane to begin with, you bend into this pretty tight section, a long straightaway (my favorite aspect of road courses) that leads to two temporary chicanes, then two sharp turns to the finish. So let's see how this Seoul deal goes.

GTPlanet, do you realize how PD is including not only Japan, but also other parts of Asia? I think the European influence is going pretty well. And let's not forget us American folks. Us crazy Americans get Las Vegas, New York, and Sears Point among others. I think the international influence in GTPlanet is pretty big if you ask me. I'll talk in greater detail about it in the "What Surprises...for GT4?", but when it comes to international influence, I'll go on speculation. If I had to make a wild speculation, I'm guessing that Australia will have a track in GT4. Chances are, it could be (A) fantasy street course in Sydney, (B) Adelaide street course, (C) Sandown, (D) Phillip Island, or last but not least... (E) Bathurst.

I'll provide more commentary on this in a future post.

first ,I'm glad that you know some Korean pop music.
Yes, songs ABOVE are good to listen.
but ,some of k-pop singers can't be true singers.
because their songs take after western songs.(especially Korean hip hop really sucks 👎 )

how hard they try to be BRITNEY,MADONNA,PUFF DADDY.. ,they can't be! because they can't have western spirit!

anyway, thanks for your concerns about Korean culture.
 
Wall riding seems still as rewarding as ever (Nürburgring video), but at least the Zonda AI suffers a bit from being pushed and ends besides the track.

Little by little, PD seems to be progressing in that domain again.
 
zonekill
Another pic map of the track.

seoul_map.gif


Circuit Length: 1.400 miles/2.253 km, 14 turns

''Parkland circuit inthe South Korean capital, which is set to host a round of the Champ Car series in 2004. Built on the banks of the Han river, the circuit has a five-year contract. There are plans to lengthen with circuit in future years.''
That proposal has since been abandoned, so I doubt that will be the final product in GT4 (Darn it, who let all the good threads - like this one - fade into obscurity while I was away?!)
 
Back