New dlc , is it worth it ?

• Thread starter Karlgaming
  • 82 comments
United States
Georgia
Karlgaming
I went to gamestop yesterday and bought a 20 dollar psn card for the new dlc . When I got home I bought the paints first because I dont mind extras but then I got sidetracked abd instead of buying the dlc set I bought castlevania sotn lol so do I need to get another psn vouchet ? I love gt5 as it is so is it worth 12 bucks for dlc ?

It depends whether you like to race offline or not. I believe you can just free load by joining the rooms with specific tracks. I personally like karting, but I don't like buying stuff in games. So free loading is my way.

However if you want to race on spa and the new kart track anytime and how you want it, want the new cars, and suits/helmets, then go for it.

Although I did bought FF8 just to play it again :)

Spa is the reason ill probably buy it and thats only so I can practice on it before I try online racing. I think we already have all the cars just different color schemes right ? And I wont collect gear unless we can use it. Anyone wanna race helmets ?

I'm in the same boat as you. I love GT5 and expect it to be my only racing sim for the next 2 to 3 years. I see this first DLC as somewhat boring: Spa is nice but it can be played online with other hosts hosting it. The kart track, the paints, the racing gear don't do anything for me. I don't race the karts and wish they would just forget about the kart stuff altogether: they obviously could have made a very fantastic race course on which it would have been awesome to use the other 1000+ vehicles in the game. (Sure you can drift on it, but there is no official online drift competition system the lack of which is starting to become rather irksome and shows that PD is kind of misguided--I cannot believe that they have not created this; I am already on to wanting a combination race/drift race system where you compete for both best times and drift points at once). The cars...well I already have tons of cars that I know I would continue to use anyways and there is only one American car. The only reason I'm tempted to get the DLC is to support PD and hope that they come out with better track DLCs in the future and stop with all the Pokemon-like paints and gear. The only problem is if I do support PD by buying this DLC, I fear it would send them the wrong message that I liked the DLC and that they did a good job. Is this DLC really worth 1/5th the value of the GT5 I already have? No. For 10-12 bucks I expect something like six full race tracks.

Pricing is always relative. Looking back at my iRacing receipts, when I first joined I paid $15 per car and $25 per track. And I could only use those cars and tracks together with an active iRacing subscription!

Since €12 is just more than the price of a pizza, and since I like Spa, some of the download cars look fun, and those chrome paints are neat, it was an easy choice. I know I'll get more enjoyment out of the DLC than I would out of a pizza. 👍

But anyway: Is the DLC any good?
Spa is a very good accurate model of an excellent track. I hope that it will be included in seasonals though, since I'd love to earn credits racing the AI there.
The new paints are very cool. Particualrly the new chrome colours.
The DLC cars are ok but nothing special. http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5/dlc/cars/ I've only tried the Challenger and MX5 so far, and they were fun, but they are basically just Race Mods of existing cars so nothing particularly surprising. I was hoping for a bunch of 2012 supercars, but that will probably come in later packs?

Time will tell how much I actually use any of this batch of DLC. But I can understand people waiting in the hope of more tracks and real new car models. However, the DLC is certainly worth the asking price, yes.

Last edited:
Is it worth it? hell yes!

picture.php

In my opinion, if you don't want to spend too much, just get the track pack, the kart track is more than worth it.

I bought the dlc, I'm enjoying Spa, one of my favourite tracks and the paints are nice. Apart from the cars I have no interest in the other items really.
They will certainly have to up their game for the next pack, having seen the November dlc release for Forza 4.

The fun I had at Kart Space last night was the most I'd had in GT5 ever I think! Especially in the Mitsubishi Evo Touring Car because it was more like a rallycross event than anything I've driven on GT5. Awesome photo's as well 👍
Just for this, yes. Let alone the go kart race at Spa....

I wish they would add a track with high elevation, lit up night time bridges, steep downhill inclines, and long straightaway. If they had all that in a track, then id have a new favorite track.

$5 for spa is ok. The course is fun. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the dlc is useless. Don't care about paints or gear.

Would consider a car pack but this one didn't interest me. Even if it did, i'd think twice about it

I've decided against getting it like most people here :X
There just isnt enough compelling content.. If I wanted to drive spa, then I could hop online. But mainly.. no new cars. I'll wait for the next one :)

I have the DLC and IMO no it isnt worth it, its a rip-off really, especially the Cars.
We paid just for a bunch of RM cars.
TBH i really feel as an idiot that i've payed for these cars.

About the paints and gear...well ok, some people care, but not my cup of tea, and in reality doesnt adds much to the game experience .

The track is nice, but i could live without it.
When the SS7 glitch was open, there were less rooms with SS7 back then, that it is now with SPA.

btw...if any of your friends has the SPA and set it as default track in his lounge, you can enter in his lounge and practice/race with your mates.

I dont feel it was fully worth the money... Most of the cars I have little to no interest in (Really... A Prius?!?!), I dont like kart racing... I dont paint much (lately I have been playing with paints though some) and I really dont care about racing gear. However, I do have a goal to have every car in the game... So, thats why I got it... And I bought 2 copies (on accident when we didnt get the content... that and I had a processing error thrown on the first one)... The NSX Stealth was a nice bonus - But I dont drive Hondas...

Im a Nissan R34/35, RX7 and Supra driver... So I paid $11.99 (x2) for 3 cars and a few paints. BTW - if you download 2x you only get one copy of the track pack (makes sense) but two copies of the gear, paints and cars

I think it is worth the bundle.

I'm absolutely in love with Spa, it's just below Nordschleife in my mind, and Kart Space is really cool, especially now that we can take cars on it for photo ops. The cars, while TC models of cars we already have, are nice updates and the sounds are pretty awesome on some of them. I like the paints, and could even see myself picking up a paint pack or two more as time goes on. And the suits, I realize they aren't for everyone and I wish they were free, but I enjoy customizing my driver and Bob's. I love watching replays and seeing the cool outfits. Just like real racers that want a unique suit to fit their style and driving, I want something unique, and definitely more options than we had back in November when you had to pick the suit and stick with it.

So overall, yeah I think $12 is worth it, it's up to you though.

I'm still waiting for the tracks that were removed from GT4. I have yet to purchase any of the DLC due to the fact that the TC cars are not balanced PP wise. SO you can't set up a race with the new cars in it,unless its one make. Also Kaz stated that in DEC. you would be able to share your DLC across all of your PS3 accounts thru the "FREE FAMILY PLAN". However the DLC disclaimer plainly states ( in the North American Version) that the content can only be used with the ID that it is purchased with and no mention is made about the future "Family Plan".

I'm still waiting for PD/Sony to provide me with a reason for the week delay on the DLC in North America. Without this, I will purchase nothing. To delay this as they did and not to provide a reason is bad business. I do have standards you know,and I still have my money too.

Well let's see what's competitors are doing: Forza Motorsport 4 "November Speed Pack" DLC.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

(560 Ms Points, 7 dollars)

Seems like Turn 10's came here and watched a couple of wish lists.
Let's hope Poliphony will be ready with something new in November. Spa is great but the RM cars honestly can't compete. Anyway if I have to choose between tracks and cars I'll take tracks. But more of.

Last edited:
Spa is nice... I want MIDFIELD back!!! When are they going to release tracks they have already had... and for that matter are we ever going to see Special Stage R-11 again? If my fading memory serves me well, this track never has been released since gt1 (maybe 2 but I dont think so)...

I mean, they brought back Autumn Ring...

Well let's see what's competitors are doing: Forza Motorsport 4 "November Speed Pack" DLC.

2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon

Let's hope Poliphony will be ready with something new in November. Spa is great but the RM cars honestly can't compete. Anyway if I have to choose between tracks and cars I'll take tracks. But more of.

ah yes, forza physics + 2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia or GT5 physics + RX7 TC ... Not a tough choice for me.

DLC is worth it.

2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon

If their physics matched their car list I would buy an Xbox, but they dont so I wont :)

In all seriousness I think/hope PD are gearing up for some decent DLCs with new cars. We'll see but right now Im really happy with spec 2 and DLC.

ah yes, forza physics + 2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia or GT5 physics + RX7 TC ... Not a tough choice for me.

DLC is worth it.

They would be smart to check on any real GT5 boards like this. Between having the IMSA licensing and the 57 bel air it is almost enough for me to really think about it.

I think it was worth it. $12 isn't a lot of money, and I love all of the touring cars and the new tracks. Mazda Roadster TC FTW!!

Back