New dlc , is it worth it ?

• Thread starter Karlgaming
  • 82 comments
Well let's see what's competitors are doing: Forza Motorsport 4 "November Speed Pack" DLC.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R15++ TDI
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon
2011 Volkswagen Scirocco R

(560 Ms Points, 7 dollars)

Seems like Turn 10's came here and watched a couple of wish lists.
Let's hope Poliphony will be ready with something new in November. Spa is great but the RM cars honestly can't compete. Anyway if I have to choose between tracks and cars I'll take tracks. But more of.

Gotta keep that as a list we will never get, as Polyphony thinks they are going up in flames when the force comes in.

It depends whether you like to race offline or not. I believe you can just free load by joining the rooms with specific tracks. I personally like karting, but I don't like buying stuff in games. So free loading is my way.

However if you want to race on spa and the new kart track anytime and how you want it, want the new cars, and suits/helmets, then go for it.

Although I did bought FF8 just to play it again :)

Free-loading is definitely the way to go. I rarely do any offline events, so the tracks and cars that I purchased with the DLC will probably be rarely used in my case. Next time there is DLC, I will probably just buy the tracks, rather than the whole package.

I bought the complete package since i have a PS+ subscription and received a discount with the purchase. SPA and the cars were worth it for me. I could do without the outfits, paint and kart track. IMO the kart track is just a waste of time on their part. I surely hope it didn't take them long to develop as i highly doubt it will remain an active meeting place. I refuse to race anything other than karts on that track. Cars really do not belong there.

I bought the complete package since i have a PS+ subscription and received a discount with the purchase. SPA and the cars were worth it for me. I could do without the outfits, paint and kart track. IMO the kart track is just a waste of time on their part. I surely hope it didn't take them long to develop as i highly doubt it will remain an active meeting place. I refuse to race anything other than karts on that track. Cars really do not belong there.

I agree that PD could have done a way better job at a kart track. For example, what if they replicated a real-life kart track? Genk, La Conca, or a kart track in the USA? Hey, they have the kart track that is on the inside of Spa-Francorchamps (on the right after Stavelot for those who haven't noticed), give that track a little extra-detail and let's race it! ...I'm sure that the audience of kart racers in this game is small, but if PD spent the time detailing 100cc & 125cc karts, give them a proper track! 👍

Last edited:
If their physics matched their car list I would buy an Xbox, but they dont so I wont :)

I'm curious as to how you can state this without owning an XBox?

Forza 3 was crap, definitely, but I rather like Forza 4's physics. The gradualness of the loss of grip and the way the cars can 4-wheel drift sideways with the camber just a little on that right hander after the Corkscrew (just like iRacing) is pretty good. Sure, the physics of catching slides needs some work [note, currently there is a bug with steering lock defaulting to 270 degrees when the car is in a slide, some remnant of previous drifting physics I believe], but apart from that I'd say Forza is matching GT5 in many ways (better in some, worse in others).

It's not as if GT5 physics are perfect: Take braking without ABS for example: Lock one front wheel up and you spear the car off the road instantly, like a digital switch [grip|no grip], hardly realistic.

And you can't argue with their car list: I wish GT5 had half the modern/botique supercars which Forza has managed to snag....

Id say the complete pack is well worth it. Individually the paint pack isnt, the car pack alone, I say yes, the track pack definately. But for the price the complete set it sold for it is most certainly worth it.

I went to gamestop yesterday and bought a 20 dollar psn card for the new dlc . When I got home I bought the paints first because I dont mind extras but then I got sidetracked abd instead of buying the dlc set I bought castlevania sotn lol so do I need to get another psn vouchet ? I love gt5 as it is so is it worth 12 bucks for dlc ?
It's all worth it, IMO. All of the TC cars handle extremely well and you can change wheels/paint on them. I was really impressed by the little Prius TC car. Spa and Kart Space is worth the entire $12, IMO. As are the suits. I love the "official Gran Turismo helmet." The paints? Not so much, IMO since you only get 1 of each and a lot of them don't quite strike my fancy.

But then again, I'm not a casual gamer but a diehard fan of the series. I'm happy with the DLC and wouldn't mind forking over $12 every other month for new DLC packs like this.

Yes it's worth it, but that's not to say it couldn't have been better.. The Prius is such a waste.

Personally I have enjoyed the new DLC, raced spa a few times online, love driving the new cars. Just wish there was some kind of Spa seasonal and it would feel more complete.

FroMann
I found it fun to drive on small tracks like Eiger Nordwand, London, Kart Space, etc.

To each their own, but who actually wanted it? Sure it's unique and can be fun, but I just don't see the point of it.

Nope, it is just common sense and PD lacks of that.
I mean who doesnt want the new Lambo?
I am really glad that F4 came out with full speed, that will add more pressure to PD, i trust....lets see if the future updates or DLC's will be any better.

I was only going to get the tracks but decided to spend another $7 and buy the whole thing. I have mixed feelings about buying it but I'm sure I'll lean more towards being happy with it when I mess around with the new paints and learn the Spa course.

HKS racer
Well let's see what's competitors are doing: Forza Motorsport 4 "November Speed Pack" DLC.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PfA9aIcyEo">YouTube Link</a>

2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon

Let's hope Poliphony will be ready with something new in November. Spa is great but the RM cars honestly can't compete. Anyway if I have to choose between tracks and cars I'll take tracks. But more of.

I'm pretty sure these cars could have easily been released with the game. Its just that they decided to make you pay for it instead.

I'm pretty sure these cars could have easily been released with the game. Its just that they decided to make you pay for it instead.

I think that this is stealling people of their money, a DLC pack for a new game, might aswell, added the $7 to the game price and included this cars, because no one can making me believe that this cars weren't ready when the game came out.

PAWEL17

As much as I hate to say it,although you are indeed correct, PD is guilty of this as well.. Not that I'm not enjoying the DLC cars, but you can't hide the truth.

I've learned my lesson the hard way with Forza 3, I bought the limited edition and nearly all DLCs and then they re-released the game with an exclusive car pack, which I couldn't download unless I buy the re-release copy. So this time around I will wait for the budget version.

Yes, it is. Spa is impressive and by far the best version I have seen. The cars while just Race Mods are high quality and phenomenal machines. The paints and gear offer some interesting alternatives as well. Considering what 'other' companies charge you, $12.00 for all of it is a good bargain.

I bought the dlc, I'm enjoying Spa, one of my favourite tracks and the paints are nice. Apart from the cars I have no interest in the other items really.
They will certainly have to up their game for the next pack, having seen the November dlc release for Forza 4.

RE; Forza4, yeah just saw that one, the Audi and the AVENTADOR! Knocked my socks off. :dopey:

2012 Aston Martin Virage
2011 Audi RS3 Sportback
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8
2013 Ford Focus ST
1992 GMC Typhoon

Car wise, I think we know who wins this one, competition improves the breed though.

Personally I have enjoyed the new DLC, raced spa a few times online, love driving the new cars. Just wish there was some kind of Spa seasonal and it would feel more complete.

I may be wrong, but I feel almost certain that Spa will make its way into the Seasonal Events.

As you can drive Spa without buying it, the DLC content is not worth its price. But the psychological effect of knowing you have a "complete" game might be worth it.

With every new update (and screwup) of PD, and every new screenshot or car list I see from FM4, my eagerness to have a "complete" GT5 goes down a notch. The fact that PD can have that effect on a former GT fanboy and huge car enthusiast like me, is a good sign they're on the wrong track.

I like the tracks but wish they added more instead of a yawn inducing 4 more skylines and 3 more karts that are even slower than the one the game comes with, was hoping for a shifter kart.

I didn't think the suits and helmets were any good, but after seeing my guy in menus with the blue camo pattern suit...I changed my mind. Looks hella sweet and unique 👍

Just something to add a more unique touch to your pics and replays

Spa is well worth it

We can say the same about the GT5 DLC cars, basically they make you pay for (japanese) RM cars which should have been already in the game, think again folks. 💡

At least Turn10 make you pay for something great: an Audi R15++, a Lambo Aventador, a 458 GT2 an Aston Mirage Virage... seriously RM cars are just a joke compared to that. We have 4 more Skylines and the PRIUS, 'nuff said. Only Spa really worth the money imho.

Back